Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

obi_ant posted:

Has there been any talk about collecting Morrison’s Batman Incorporated run in a volume 3 of his omnibuses? Or should I hold onto the HCs that I have?

I'd bet on it. Any reason why they wouldn't finish it off?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Cuz life sucks, kids. Get it while you can.

Teenage Fansub posted:

Because DC...

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Teenage Fansub posted:

I hope so, I really like the way it looks my my bookshelf. Although re-purchasing books that I've read already isn't helping my wallet.

Speaking of my wallet, is the Hellboy series over? Like the main story line? I've been reading the Library Editions and following the Mignolaversity guide. Seems like they added a volume 6 before Hellboy in Hell?

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Yeah Hellboy is done.

OSHC Watch: Reprinting of Uncanny X-Force from Remender and House of X / Powers of X will be getting the OSHC treatment before even trade I think.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

^burtle posted:

Yeah Hellboy is done.

OSHC Watch: Reprinting of Uncanny X-Force from Remender and House of X / Powers of X will be getting the OSHC treatment before even trade I think.

gently caress yeah. Really excited about the X-Force omnibus.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

obi_ant posted:

gently caress yeah. Really excited about the X-Force omnibus.

:same: and I'm eyeing the reprint of the Ultimates omnibus as well.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Does anyone else order books from Amazon and they arrive in poo poo condition?

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

Yes, all the time. Frequently have to demand a replacement. Normally scuffed covers like they’ve been knocked around the floor but also dented corners, busted spines and occasionally puncture damage. The penultimate volume of Walking Dead had a hole going fully front to back!

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Rhyno posted:

I never order TPBs from Amazon anymore because they package them like poo poo. I got something once that was packaged in one of those bubble wrap lined envelopes.

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Cuz life sucks, kids. Get it while you can.

I only order from Instocktrades anymore, their packaging is seriously bomb proof. They always beat Amazon on price and it’s free shipping after $50.

Nyeehg
Jul 14, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Rhyno posted:

Last time i used them for comics I ordered the Seven Soldiers of Victory omnibus from them. It arrived with a tear in the spine which completley ruined half the pages.

Amazon is terrible for omnis.

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

I've had generally good luck with Amazon and HCs, although the vast bulk of my purchases come from IST. Some of the general complaints I see about Amazon makes me think the quality of shipping is heavily dependent on where it's shipping to and from.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Rhyno posted:

Light denting at the top of the spine and dust jacket is the worst I've ever suffered from Amazon, though it does happen quite often.

I once ordered a book from the Dutch megaretailer bol.com and it came with an extended slit to the dust jacket. It was a really precise one too, like it was done with a utility knife.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The Aquaman omnibus dropped to $32 so I chanced it and they sent it in a bubble envelope TWICE. Now we're arguing about my refund because they credited zero dollars to the original payment and the second item had a zero balance.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Pricing is better at IST. They also pack the books like a tank. There is no reason to buy books from Amazon.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Occasionally a book hits a price point that makes it worthwhile. Or so I thought.

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Batman's Shameful Secret > BSS Derailed Thread: Spider-Island

I've got an omnibus I'd like to sell but have no experience is getting omnis graded. Advice?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Happy Hippo posted:

I've got an omnibus I'd like to sell but have no experience is getting omnis graded. Advice?

What book? Is it worth it to have that done? Grading TPBs/HCs is a pain in the dick.

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Batman's Shameful Secret > BSS Derailed Thread: Spider-Island

Rhyno posted:

What book? Is it worth it to have that done? Grading TPBs/HCs is a pain in the dick.

X-Men vol 1. The Lee/Kirby book. I want that X-Men box set that comes out in March and the material in my omni would be a double dip

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Just throw it up for retail plus $30-$40, you're racing time on a reprint as is.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Anyone get their hands on the Mister Miracle hardcover? There’s not any extra content or anything, but the cover looks great in person. Probably going to donate the trade the next time my bar does a book exchange.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Yeah I made sure I guilted my old boss into making sure I got one. I really need to get back over there and pick up some new stuff. I strolled through Ollies the other day and got the Lois Lane 75th HC for $4.

l33tfuzzbox
Apr 3, 2009

Rhyno posted:

The Aquaman omnibus dropped to $32 so I chanced it and they sent it in a bubble envelope TWICE. Now we're arguing about my refund because they credited zero dollars to the original payment and the second item had a zero balance.

Long time lurker but very infrequent poster. So bear with me here.

I haven't had many issue with amazon. Worat i believe was one of the aliens digest sized omnis, i opened it and the pages fell away the spine immediately. They sent me a replacement that was double packed so i have no qualms ordering thru them. So far ive snagged the annihilation omnis, all of hickmans marvel omnis (ff and avengers....no secret warriors yet), and the first uncanny xforce by remender omni. Everything arrived in good shape

Slight swerve, but this past friday was my.birthday and my girlfriend was acting way too excited about my gift. Turns out she got me all 3 volumes of absolute transmetropolitan and holy poo poo. Im slightly scared to open them. Gonna say shes a keeper.

Im rebuilding my collection so those absolutes will help fill my shelf. I had a lot of stuff in storage, mainly a shitton of floppies from the 80s and 90s, and some one broke into my unit. Didnt steal much but left all my books in the pouring rain. Ive also snagged the planetary omni, duggans deadpool, the marvel zomnibus, as well as a bunch of OSHCs and the entirety of secret wars in trade. Because im lame.

How are the recent venom omnis? And the wicked and the divine year collections? Im also eyeing the hellboy library collection.

l33tfuzzbox fucked around with this message at 11:56 on Sep 22, 2019

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

l33tfuzzbox posted:

How are the recent venom omnis? And the wicked and the divine year collections? Im also eyeing the hellboy library collection.

I wouldn't bother with the Venom omnibuses. They collect the 90s miniseries, which aren't very good for the most part. WicDiv and the Hellboy library editions are pro-buys, though. :retrogames:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

JordanKai posted:

I wouldn't bother with the Venom omnibuses. They collect the 90s miniseries, which aren't very good for the most part.

Paging Gavok.

l33tfuzzbox
Apr 3, 2009

JordanKai posted:

I wouldn't bother with the Venom omnibuses. They collect the 90s miniseries, which aren't very good for the most part. WicDiv and the Hellboy library editions are pro-buys, though. :retrogames:

Part of my want for the venom omnis is based on me having almost every floppy issue from the various 90s miniseries and it being lost in the incident. Hmm. Goos to know and wicdiv because ive only read the first trade and i MUST have more.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
My buddy took me on a run through Dallas area comic shops, found four New Krypton era books I needed all below cover price. And scored a copy of the Super Sons Omnibus for retail. A good day all in all. Dallas shops are HUGE.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Rhyno posted:

My buddy took me on a run through Dallas area comic shops, found four New Krypton era books I needed all below cover price. And scored a copy of the Super Sons Omnibus for retail. A good day all in all. Dallas shops are HUGE.

Yeah, everything's bigger in Texas, it's like their state motto

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

No releases interested me this week, so I purchased Harrow County by Jeff L. I enjoyed Black Hammer enough, so I figured I couldn't go wrong with Harrow County.

Any comments about Sweet Tooth?

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

obi_ant posted:

No releases interested me this week, so I purchased Harrow County by Jeff L. I enjoyed Black Hammer enough, so I figured I couldn't go wrong with Harrow County.

Any comments about Sweet Tooth?

Its really goddamn good.

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

Sweet Tooth good, Harrow County not written by Lemire. But Harrow County also good unless the ending (haven't read) shits itself.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
Sweet Tooth is great. I'm a huge Lemire fan and would encourage you to pick up Royal City as well.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

nthing the fact that Sweet Tooth is really good.

In other news, it looks like DC has joined the Marvel school of flimsy trade paper stock. Vol. 2 is just over 300 pages and Vol. 3 is 350+ pages, but Vol. 3 is significantly thinner. Between this and future deluxe editions all being premiere hardcover sized instead of OHC, it looks like the golden age of Rebirth deluxe editions is over. :(

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Joined? I was getting Vertigo poo poo like mid 2000s that would fall out of the cover.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

I guess I will be picking up Sweet Tooth next week. I enjoy picking up series that are finished or near finished.

I don’t like picking up books that have a *long* wait before release... Low, East of West and Monstress

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

^burtle posted:

Joined? I was getting Vertigo poo poo like mid 2000s that would fall out of the cover.

Haha, fair enough. I was specifically talking about the Rebirth deluxe editions, which have been really good value for money up until now.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

I've noticed that my ability to retain plot threads has vanished over the years. Like I can never remember what exactly has happened in East of West or Saga or etc. It basically means that I have to binge series, which usually means a years long wait for them to be finished, but at least there're usually nice HCs available.

Getting old is certainly a thing.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

GrandpaPants posted:

I've noticed that my ability to retain plot threads has vanished over the years. Like I can never remember what exactly has happened in East of West or Saga or etc. It basically means that I have to binge series, which usually means a years long wait for them to be finished, but at least there're usually nice HCs available.

Getting old is certainly a thing.

I cant seem to retain the ending to 100 Bullets despite having read it 4 times.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Not worth retaining.

I feel the other posts though, I've actually been sitting on Black Science and East of West waiting for them to end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Love it when volumes 1 & 2 of a 5 volume TPB are reasonably priced but then volumes 3,4 and 5 are sky high because they're OUT OF loving PRINT.

(Unbelievable Gwenpool :( )