Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Portals
Apr 18, 2012

toe knee hand posted:

you guys

my cat

he's so pretty

that's some fine cat you have there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gorgar
Dec 2, 2012

Thread needs more kitties.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Gorgar posted:

Thread needs more kitties.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Just kidding.

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE
I have the most graceless cat on the planet. He falls off of things and can't get on my bed so every morning he paws me until I pick him up. Also, he hates the avatars in my xbox. He makes a weird predator like noise at them and jumps at the TV. Or he tries to get behind my TV to get at them. And he can't keep his food in his bowl. He's embarrassing. But I love him. (He has neurological issues, but he's mostly healthy. Just clumsy.)

Women's Rights?
Nov 16, 2005

Ain't give a damn
dates are delicious :colbert: this is a scientific fact.

cat post: mr. carson is very graceful and delicate and is not at all a giant fat turd who demands love and attention 23/7 (the other hour is spent chasing the dog around)

ZombieGravy
Feb 5, 2008

Our frigging boiler is broken again so we have no hot water or heating :( Boiling the kettle to have a wash and do my hair is pain in the rear end. I'm also currently wearing a jumper, hoodie and a dressing gown to keep warm.

Thank you thread, the pups and cats are making me feel a bit better.

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!
this is mitsy chilling in our old dog's water bowl. mitsy is loving old, and will be 20 in a few months. she is awesome

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

rocketpig posted:

Our frigging boiler is broken again so we have no hot water or heating :( Boiling the kettle to have a wash and do my hair is pain in the rear end. I'm also currently wearing a jumper, hoodie and a dressing gown to keep warm.

Thank you thread, the pups and cats are making me feel a bit better.

That sucks, I hate not getting a proper shower. And being cold. I hope you're able to fix it quickly.

ZombieGravy
Feb 5, 2008

Yeah, more than anything right now I want a nice hot bath. It took them about 6 weeks to fix it last time, hopefully they will get it sorted a lot soon this time round.

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

Ilsa is getting divorced :(

Oracle fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Dec 13, 2013

Gorgar
Dec 2, 2012

That is a pretty cat.

This is called: Indignity. She's not really that big in real life. But the photo is that crappy in real life.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

each post manufactured to the highest specifications

Shortbus wants me to get out of bed but I don't wanna.

Go with Christ
Jan 14, 2006

"Teacher,which is the greatest commandment in the Law?" She replied, "Clean your stove with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind." :chef:
This headache seriously needs to go away.

Cat included. Chair was my old office one, she added plenty of gouges.

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

Crow Jane posted:

I got a calendar from the Public Works Department in the mail today. This is the picture for September:

Check out the talons on Bay Beauty

How can I get this calendar

Also we are getting more snow tomorrow

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Crow Jane posted:

Check out the talons on Bay Beauty

Holy crap she could fillet a fish with those things.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

UnnaturalSELECTION posted:

How can I get this calendar

Also we are getting more snow tomorrow

It just showed up in my mailbox, but I'm sure you can send away for one if you really wanted to. Or maybe the post office has some? The other pictures are of garbage trucks and polluted streams, mostly, it's a pretty terrible calendar.

I'm cool with more snow, except the sidewalk on my side of the street is still icy from last time. I'm pretty sure I'm going to break a bone this winter if the weather keeps up.

Corn Thongs
Feb 13, 2004

when I grow up, I wanna be a poo fairy.

Axeface
Feb 28, 2009

He Who Walks
Behind The Aisles
Ladythread, please commune with your aetheric feminine hive consciousness and tell me if this loving thing would be a good, romantic enough bit of paraphernalia to buy my girlfriend for Christmas. She's got no particular interest in butterflies or butterfly-related activities to my knowledge, but everybody in her Christ-cursed family has already picked up all the CDs and movies and poo poo she wants, and buying jewelry would be tacky because she knows I've got a gift certificate for that. Is this a generally acceptable gift?

Corn Thongs
Feb 13, 2004

if your budget is :10bux: then yeah i guess so. i'd prefer something edible or useful or funny or something though, that's a very generic gift.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

I actually think it's really neat and would be happy to get one. I guess it depends on whether or not your girlfriend likes dead things, though.

Portals
Apr 18, 2012

If you're going to go for a taxidermied butterfly, go for the common rose or the fivebar swordtail or one of the other more interesting ones.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Some friends of mine have a framed taxidermied bat that they got as a wedding gift, I love it so much.

Your girlfriend might like a gift card to a spa or something, maybe?

Corn Thongs
Feb 13, 2004

tbf i hate bugs

vaguely
Apr 29, 2013

hot_squirting_honey.gif

Since you say she doesn't really care about butterflies, I personally would not get her that. It's cute and pretty but probably an ideal gift for somebody else.

If there's a particular consumable she likes (e.g. bath stuff, alcohol, tea, snack foods, craft supplies if she's into that kind of thing), that's usually a safe choice. Even if she already has some, she'll still enjoy having more for when she runs out. And yeah gift cards, also a safe choice.

Portals
Apr 18, 2012

Donkay NOoo posted:

tbf i hate bugs

my stepdad is actually afraid of butterflies so this would be a nightmare gift for him

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

get her a flowr that look like a pussy

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Orchids do make nice gifts, and they're surprisingly easy to take care of. African violets are also nice.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

get her a flowr that look like a pussy

stimulated emission
Apr 25, 2011

D-D-D-D-D-D-DEEPER
I would loving love a taxidermied bug

Many of them

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois
I bought a friend a raspberry pi. She liked it.

Axeface
Feb 28, 2009

He Who Walks
Behind The Aisles
is there a butterfly that looks like a pussy

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Donkay NOoo posted:

tbf i hate bugs

Oh gently caress you.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Portals posted:

my stepdad is actually afraid of butterflies so this would be a nightmare gift for him

what the hell

what the HELL!?

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
what the gently caress is in the water?!

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Pick posted:

what the gently caress is in the water?!

Probably bugs

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
bugs are great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Women's Rights?
Nov 16, 2005

Ain't give a damn
i am so loving terrified of all bugs :(

I know they're good for the world

but they scare the piss out of me

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
what?????????????

what??????????????????

what??????????????????????????????????

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

I saw a cute boy interacting with a praying mantis recently, it was like they were dancing together. I nearly fell in love. Bugs and the people who like them are cool.

Except those horrible black water bugs who come up through drains and into sinks and bathtubs in the summer, gently caress those guys.

• Locked thread