Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Magugu posted:

Was sitting around last night and jabber started screaming at me, so I jumped into a fleet. Heard the FC say something about a dread in an ess, but that we were going to get blue balled. Had to look up what a dread and an ess was.

Then there was intel that a gang was a couple jumps away, and we had a fleet formed so we were going to try to go get them. We jumped in and they hosed off. The balls were getting bluer by the moment. The FC had a particular disdain for one of the members of the enemy fleet, so hung around in the hope of destroying them. When all of the sudden a Horde Muninn warped straight to the gate that we were covering. Bubbles went up, and I got on my first kill mail.

https://zkillboard.com/kill/94627290/

FC called for F's in local, while everyone was pondering how the horde guy could be so stupid. In the chatter of all of this, one of our fleet members shot a blue that was not in our fleet. The mood of comms changed immediately as people were talking about a diplomatic indecent, and there were apologies and such. It was agreed that the person who shot them would pay for the lost ship, and hopefully no further retribution.

We then went and caught some enemy bombers, but I couldn't lock them fast enough to get on any of those kills. We then hung out on a citadel waiting for the bads to to want to die, which they didn't do and we went home.

10/10 would shoot blues again.

✅ Blueballs
✅ Killing enemy dumbasses
✅ Gate games
✅ Shooting blues
✅ Fuckin' with roaming bombers

That sounds like a true baptism by blue blood, congratulations :D

have you spoken up yet as a new pilot in fleet, then been showered in isk?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

Potato Salad posted:

✅ Blueballs
✅ Killing enemy dumbasses
✅ Gate games
✅ Shooting blues
✅ Fuckin' with roaming bombers

That sounds like a true baptism by blue blood, congratulations :D

Agreed, this newbee is more adorable than the one on Reddit a few days ago asking about which battlecruiser they should buy first a Brutix or a Talos with all the isk they've saved up.

Outside of an isk shower, a tip for the newbee for the upcoming peacetime mining ops as they're also a good iskmaking opportunity while Delve is rebuilding. Train up one of them Venture/Procurer gunless space vacuums (as well look for trainable auxillary mining skills in the Mastery tab, for the rock lasers) and you yourself could be welping Muninns to neutral gatecamps in no time.

Magugu
Mar 30, 2013

I came to drink, fight, and f@ck. And im fresh outta beer, so what will it be?

Potato Salad posted:

No, I've been pretty quiet. I'm still trying to figure out all the commands, but I'm getting better and don't think I've made any egregious mistakes beyond getting too close to a keepster and not getting on the mail. Some goons did give me some isk when I posted my story on that a few days ago.

EVERY TIME GOING posted:

Outside of an isk shower, a tip for the newbee for the upcoming peacetime mining ops as they're also a good iskmaking opportunity while Delve is rebuilding. Train up one of them Venture/Procurer gunless space vacuums (as well look for trainable auxillary mining skills in the Mastery tab, for the rock lasers) and you yourself could be welping Muninns to neutral gatecamps in no time.

I'm still working on the 120 day skill plan, so If those skills are in that then I will have them. I do have a freebie venture but haven't really tried it out. Are there organized mining fleets?

I plan on going Omega, when I get paid. I'm having fun, even though I don't know what I'm really doing and spend a lot of time in station. There is so much depth to the game that I've been spending hours a day reading, watching video's, and learning. My short term plan is to keep working on the skill plan, and try to join a fleet or two every day. I've also been looking at SIG's, but not sure on which is good for me.

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

feedmegin posted:

Can't let that stationary structure run away, now, can we? :shobon:

(Webs make spaceships go slow. Keepstars are, well, already pretty slow...)

Worth noting that for things that have some modicum of movement making them slow can increase the damage they take, so it's not just to prevent ships from running away.

SnoochtotheNooch
Sep 22, 2012

This is what you get. For falling in Love
Are these mining ops pinged by director bot or so I need to be in a special group?

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

Don't want to jump the gun as the revised public mining/ADM fleet procedures might be nearing completion, so you will probably see a big director effortpost in the right place sometime soon.

Captain Melo
Mar 28, 2014

Magugu posted:

No, I've been pretty quiet. I'm still trying to figure out all the commands, but I'm getting better and don't think I've made any egregious mistakes beyond getting too close to a keepster and not getting on the mail. Some goons did give me some isk when I posted my story on that a few days ago.

I'm still working on the 120 day skill plan, so If those skills are in that then I will have them. I do have a freebie venture but haven't really tried it out. Are there organized mining fleets?

I plan on going Omega, when I get paid. I'm having fun, even though I don't know what I'm really doing and spend a lot of time in station. There is so much depth to the game that I've been spending hours a day reading, watching video's, and learning. My short term plan is to keep working on the skill plan, and try to join a fleet or two every day. I've also been looking at SIG's, but not sure on which is good for me.

What is your ingame name?

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Ajaxify posted:

Welcome to the wonderful world of externalities and tragedy of the commons. If you don't police then the whole group suffers as there's less of everything to go around. It's just how it is given the way respawning of sites works.

Imagine being dumb enough to think that it's hard to get wibla to shoot a cherry picker.

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

Lawful Neutral Paper Pusher Elemental.

Sickening posted:

And the solution is make everyone mine the merc last? That seems beyond painful to police. Every other ore is worth so much less. That and you have to have special lazers equipped to even mine merc.

Are the t2 deep core strips still worse yield than the regular t2 strips on anything but merc? Or did they fix that?

It's not too bad really. People said the same thing about the dark ochre rule. Put a few heads on sticks and people get real polite real fast.

When we implemented the rule before, it only applied to Delve proper (and maybe only some constellations in Delve, I can't remember). As a result, you started seeing an exodus of the "incapable of playing nice with others" people from Delve to elsewhere. A lot of chinese settled in querious. A lot of euros went south to period basis. A contingent of Russians started setting up in Fountain.

I'm not saying A caused B... but it does seem like the people left mining in Delve understood and followed the rules while the ruder segments drifted elsewhere.

Magugu
Mar 30, 2013

I came to drink, fight, and f@ck. And im fresh outta beer, so what will it be?

Captain Melo posted:

What is your ingame name?

https://zkillboard.com/character/2119001802/

Ajaxify
May 6, 2009
https://br.evetools.org/br/61217ff26334070018514336

"lol" said the goon. "lmao."

Ajaxify
May 6, 2009

:shobon:

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

I was one of the last bombers to escape. By the time I got to the gate out of the system, it was camped on both sides. I somehow made it through both camps? I'd love to say it's because of my excellent piloting skills, but really, it's because Horde is terrible as all hell.

rocketrobot
Jul 11, 2003

Looks like an amazing op. I gasped at the battle report and my wife called me a nerd when I explained.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.
The bounty risk modifier is hilarious. What an incredible nerf to making money by ratting. It was already not great, now its hilariously poo poo.

The cherry picking is pretty hilarious too and it seems pretty rampant in the systems I have mined in lately. Almost tempted to get the covops out and catch people in 8k.

People will cluster in the anoms with merc in them and will mine the other stuff for the most part. Leave the anom for a bit to eat or something and bam, that merc will vanish and nobody knows what happened to it. People with roq's saying "they didn't see nuffin".

Dr. Pangloss
Apr 5, 2014
Ask me about metaphysico-theologo-cosmolo-nigology. I'm here to help!

Foehammer007 posted:

Also we (hole squad) should've left when we had whole squid, I blame myself

I blame you, too.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Sickening posted:

The bounty risk modifier is hilarious. What an incredible nerf to making money by ratting. It was already not great, now its hilariously poo poo.

The cherry picking is pretty hilarious too and it seems pretty rampant in the systems I have mined in lately. Almost tempted to get the covops out and catch people in 8k.

People will cluster in the anoms with merc in them and will mine the other stuff for the most part. Leave the anom for a bit to eat or something and bam, that merc will vanish and nobody knows what happened to it. People with roq's saying "they didn't see nuffin".

Narc 'em. Our doomsdays hunger for horseshoe crab blood (it's blue.)

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

When I was a wee lad in Eve Online, sometime around 2015, I found that transporting goods from Jita to Amarr was a very profitable activity. For every trip I could net 10% off all the items I purchased. Eventually, I scaled up to a freighter and would throw 20bil worth of ships in it once a week. I would move through high sec so I didn't see much risk in it. Oh, how wrong I was. One day with 20bil in the cargo hold I was half paying attention and on my way back to Amarr when a little ship came up to say hi while I was aligning. Only this ship didn't say hi, it started bumping me, and bumping me, and bumping me. I messaged the pilot and asked them to please stop, but unfortunately, he said he would not. I offered to pay him seeing I wasn't going anywhere. He accepted. And I wired him 800mil a nominal fee considering what I had in my cargo hold at the time. Anyway, He didn't stop bumping me and before I knew it there were dozens of catalysts warping to me. I pled, I begged him, I told him of my military service IRL, all I got was a "lmao" in the chat and before I knew it 20bil+1 Charon was wiped off the face of the earth. I learned many valuable lessons about life that day. I ended up quicking the game for about 3 years after that incident. That being said I have never encountered a more vile group of humans in my life. And to see them IRL brings joy to my eyes the receding hairlines, the soft lovely bodies, the lack of any redeeming qualities brings joy to me. Why? Because although they raped me in a video game, and I could NEVER go toe to toe with them in Eve Online, in real life there are still just a bunch of neckbeard nerds, thank you for taking the time to read my tale of woes.

https://zkillboard.com/kill/49238648/

The packages were full of ships and goods. Double rapping was the way I would hide some value.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Burn Jita?

I miss those days. Is a burn Jita even doable with the changes to bumping?

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

Otacon posted:

When I was a wee lad in Eve Online, sometime around 2015, I found that transporting goods from Jita to Amarr was a very profitable activity. For every trip I could net 10% off all the items I purchased. Eventually, I scaled up to a freighter and would throw 20bil worth of ships in it once a week. I would move through high sec so I didn't see much risk in it. Oh, how wrong I was. One day with 20bil in the cargo hold I was half paying attention and on my way back to Amarr when a little ship came up to say hi while I was aligning. Only this ship didn't say hi, it started bumping me, and bumping me, and bumping me. I messaged the pilot and asked them to please stop, but unfortunately, he said he would not. I offered to pay him seeing I wasn't going anywhere. He accepted. And I wired him 800mil a nominal fee considering what I had in my cargo hold at the time. Anyway, He didn't stop bumping me and before I knew it there were dozens of catalysts warping to me. I pled, I begged him, I told him of my military service IRL, all I got was a "lmao" in the chat and before I knew it 20bil+1 Charon was wiped off the face of the earth. I learned many valuable lessons about life that day. I ended up quicking the game for about 3 years after that incident. That being said I have never encountered a more vile group of humans in my life. And to see them IRL brings joy to my eyes the receding hairlines, the soft lovely bodies, the lack of any redeeming qualities brings joy to me. Why? Because although they raped me in a video game, and I could NEVER go toe to toe with them in Eve Online, in real life there are still just a bunch of neckbeard nerds, thank you for taking the time to read my tale of woes.

The packages were full of ships and goods. Double rapping was the way I would hide some value.

so it's like 75/25 on whether it was me or siegfried cohenberg that bumped that guy, those cohenbergs are actually my dps alts from my first set of accounts that got banned

daily reminder that THE MINISTRY OF LOVE is the best SIG in the entire damned coalition that people 6 years later will still remember you and salt post about you despite you not even remembering the incident.

stay tuned for further broadcasts regarding the ministry of love

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

was it tuesday tho

Ajaxify
May 6, 2009

Otacon posted:

This guy did almost everything wrong, holy crap. Good chance he was autopiloting too.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

ok we found out it was me, but i don't save logs from almost a decade ago.

HOWEVER

SIEGFRIED loving COHENBERG, THE BEST BUMPER IN THE GAME FOUND SOME LOGS FROM THE GUY

except, from 9 MONTHS EARLIER

this guy not only got scammed and ganked once, but he is a repeat victim, who paid into the same scam TWICE.

https://pastebin.com/mkHZdwrz

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

i just wanted to say that unequivocally, SIEGFRIED COHENBERG is the best highsec metagamer in the history of the game. He ransomed hundreds upon hundreds of billions of value from freighters, convinced LITERAL hundreds of freighters to duel his alts, got LITERAL hundreds of freighters to eject simply by using his words, the guy is a loving legend, and without him CCP probably wouldn't have removed indefinite bumping from the game

not only that, but the raw number of structures he's stolen from people is easily hundreds of billions in value too, the guy is literally insane at this game

not to mention the dozens of people who he scammed into bonus rooming with the crew and getting those people to give away everything that they own, this guy has caused AT LEAST ten trillion in damage to the pubbies of this game and his exploits aren't known outside of the circle of gankers, he's amazing

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

ok we found out it was me, but i don't save logs from almost a decade ago.

HOWEVER

SIEGFRIED loving COHENBERG, THE BEST BUMPER IN THE GAME FOUND SOME LOGS FROM THE GUY

except, from 9 MONTHS EARLIER

this guy not only got scammed and ganked once, but he is a repeat victim, who paid into the same scam TWICE.

https://pastebin.com/mkHZdwrz

Well the answer is it took him 9 mos to make another freighter

Why would you haul in highsec

orange juche fucked around with this message at 04:56 on Aug 22, 2021

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]

Otacon posted:

im the recent golem kills

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

shame on an IGA posted:

was it tuesday tho

seems it was a thursday :(

Alikchi
Aug 18, 2010

Thumbs up I agree

Are smartbombing battleships still useful?

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
At killing me while I AFK through lowsec by accident? Yes.

Alikchi
Aug 18, 2010

Thumbs up I agree

I just want to kill like 7 Mackinaws at once

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Carth Dookie posted:

Burn Jita?

I miss those days.

:smith:

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
https://streamable.com/5yz5nb

He has returned

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

but will his wyverns ever be returned to him?

Fqubed
Dec 12, 2013
What do you think the latest goonbonds are for

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 7 days!)

Fqubed posted:

What do you think the latest goonbonds are for

Pre-funding boydozer's next fuckgoons episode

Hezzy
Dec 4, 2004

Pillbug

Otacon posted:

i had to snopes this and he's still in test, you got rused and rused me too, thanks

the TEST propaganda machine wins again

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

:unsmith:

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Oh, I thought this was harry forever. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Not An Arsonist
May 5, 2014

It was on fire when I got here

When are we getting back on that real poo poo?