Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dalmuti
Apr 8, 2007
don't start to mine if you can't do the time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

A bad poster trying to get better.
Didn't reddit evolve past KYS jokes yet

Penguin Bacon
Apr 19, 2010

The Locator posted:

What is this 'Ochre rule' thing?

you mine the worthless ore first before you can touch the valuable stuff. We want the anoms cycling as fast as possible. Otherwise people would cherry pick the good stuff and let the anom sit idle.

Mr. Grinch
Jul 2, 2007

They say that the Grinch's small heart grew three sizes that day.

The Locator posted:

What is this 'Ochre rule' thing?

one of the mechanisms that allowed us to print so many supers for years on end

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Buy 69 titans, array them in dickbutt, cry like Alexander that there are no more lands to conquer

Hezzy
Dec 4, 2004

Pillbug

uhhhhh

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

The deepest of deep spies?

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

are you sure that's not progod*capital i*egend

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.

Spiteski posted:

The deepest of deep spies?

okay so..

the hull timer in M-2, & the seminal supercapital jump into a literal swarm of angry fighter-bomber bees

it's so bad that it almost had to be purposeful.

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?

Erulisse posted:

Didn't reddit evolve past KYS jokes yet

According to reddit it's only bad if you say that while wearing a wizard hat and doing shots if Jaeger.

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

Vando posted:

I'm hearing the siren call of That Real poo poo

We need something to fill the void of content-next-door

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

awox posted:

This jeveassets thing says I have 9 trillion ISK worth of poo poo, the gently caress do I do now?

contract some of it to KITFOX MIKAKKA please god I only have like 200m

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.
giv me all the sik & i will see it distributed fairly

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

i had to snopes this and he's still in test, you got rused and rused me too, thanks

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Otacon posted:

i had to snopes this and he's still in test, you got rused and rused me too, thanks

made u do ur own research smh

Mr. Grinch
Jul 2, 2007

I too looked it up and why the gently caress did this dude bounce between like every corp in test for a few weeks at a time

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.
Nullsec ore is hilarious. Merc is worth 1000x everything else.

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015
Yep, and you will see multiboxers descend on all mercoxit in anomaly with 10 chars and then log off when it's gone.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.
And the solution is make everyone mine the merc last? That seems beyond painful to police. Every other ore is worth so much less. That and you have to have special lazers equipped to even mine merc.

Are the t2 deep core strips still worse yield than the regular t2 strips on anything but merc? Or did they fix that?

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.

Delve, Querious, Period Basis have all been cleansed :)

Ajaxify
May 6, 2009

Sickening posted:

And the solution is make everyone mine the merc last? That seems beyond painful to police. Every other ore is worth so much less. That and you have to have special lazers equipped to even mine merc.

Welcome to the wonderful world of externalities and tragedy of the commons. If you don't police then the whole group suffers as there's less of everything to go around. It's just how it is given the way respawning of sites works.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there
Plus seeing Wibla drop titans on idiots is funny

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about

Sickening posted:

And the solution is make everyone mine the merc last? That seems beyond painful to police.

Nothing is too painful when the outcome is getting to shoot annoying blues

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Rust Martialis posted:

Plus seeing Wibla drop titans on idiots is funny

Vando posted:

Nothing is too painful when the outcome is getting to shoot annoying blues

:hmmyes:

You either play nicely with others or you get your toys taken away... And vaporised.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
Oh boy time to train up mining for ops

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

Solus posted:

Delve, Querious, Period Basis have all been cleansed :)

How are we doing on remaining structures? I heard PAPI was down to 60ish as of a couple of days ago.

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
There’s less than a dozen in delve

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

Wibla posted:

Some pubbie got mad about pings :haw:

Thinks shooting blues is bad.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

lmao, post deleted

Charles 1998
Sep 27, 2007

by VideoGames
The EVE API provides mining ledger information, so there's no way to get away with it.

We do have automated systems set up for that, right?

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Charles 1998 posted:

The EVE API provides mining ledger information, so there's no way to get away with it.

We do have automated systems set up for that, right?

That only applies to moons which don’t need to be cleared to cycle. It’s a loving terrible system where they half-implemented a feature and told players to do the rest of the real coding themselves.

supersnowman
Oct 3, 2012

Sickening posted:

Are the t2 deep core strips still worse yield than the regular t2 strips on anything but merc? Or did they fix that?

Once Wibla get a few new killmarks on his Titan, people will be tripping over themselves to make sure they mined the "bad" ores first.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

supersnowman posted:

Once Wibla get a few new killmarks on his Titan, people will be tripping over themselves to make sure they mined the "bad" ores first.

Oh you sweet summer child.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
All they have to do is call it goonfucking and give a few people to boot.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

DD all cherry pickers

no mercy :black101:

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Magugu posted:

Just looked and it shows the Keepster. Guess I got a little to close. I did try to activate my stasis webifier on it when it was in range

Can't let that stationary structure run away, now, can we? :shobon:

(Webs make spaceships go slow. Keepstars are, well, already pretty slow...)

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

notaspy posted:

Looking at old maps going back to 2007 and I see Goons have never held the North East region.

Is that right?

HELD, no, but isn't that basically where we smashed SMASH?

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about

feedmegin posted:

HELD, no, but isn't that basically where we smashed SMASH?

Deadtear can confirm

Magugu
Mar 30, 2013

I came to drink, fight, and f@ck. And im fresh outta beer, so what will it be?
Was sitting around last night and jabber started screaming at me, so I jumped into a fleet. Heard the FC say something about a dread in an ess, but that we were going to get blue balled. Had to look up what a dread and an ess was.

Then there was intel that a gang was a couple jumps away, and we had a fleet formed so we were going to try to go get them. We jumped in and they hosed off. The balls were getting bluer by the moment. The FC had a particular disdain for one of the members of the enemy fleet, so hung around in the hope of destroying them. When all of the sudden a Horde Muninn warped straight to the gate that we were covering. Bubbles went up, and I got on my first kill mail.

https://zkillboard.com/kill/94627290/

FC called for F's in local, while everyone was pondering how the horde guy could be so stupid. In the chatter of all of this, one of our fleet members shot a blue that was not in our fleet. The mood of comms changed immediately as people were talking about a diplomatic indecent, and there were apologies and such. It was agreed that the person who shot them would pay for the lost ship, and hopefully no further retribution.

We then went and caught some enemy bombers, but I couldn't lock them fast enough to get on any of those kills. We then hung out on a citadel waiting for the bads to to want to die, which they didn't do and we went home.

10/10 would shoot blues again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Grinch
Jul 2, 2007

notaspy posted:

Looking at old maps going back to 2007 and I see Goons have never held the North East region.

Is that right?

i seem to remember raven ratting in the drone regions as a newbie but i think it belonged to our allies