Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

The first step of Anima, the crystal farm, can probably be done in about 90 minutes. The drop rate is very high. I got one every 2-4 FATES or so. I did the whole DRK weapon from start to finish in about two weeks casually. The most tedious parts were the Umbrite step (because of sand this time) and the light farm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
I actually have dozens of the fate crystals because it turns out you can accept that quest and never turn it in and they will just drop in those zones forever. Someday I should really make another weapon or something.

Algid
Oct 10, 2007

Why are you ever doing HW fates though?

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Algid posted:

Why are you ever doing HW fates though?

When I had classes in 50-60 range and wanted the big ol weekly fate log

Algid
Oct 10, 2007

I always just synced down and punched some ladybugs if I wanted to do that. Seems way faster even if the fate exp is essentialy 0.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Algid posted:

I always just synced down and punched some ladybugs if I wanted to do that. Seems way faster even if the fate exp is essentialy 0.

Yeah, but if you're leveling in that range you're already in HW zones to do the hunts and tribes. You just grab some on the way each day.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
Everytime I had another job in the 50s/early 60s I'd go through HW FATEs to get the challenge log and a few sets of crystals (usually 3 each so I only had to farm crystals every few jobs hitting 60).

Sea of Clouds is really bad.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Longinus Zeta and Yoichi Zeta are both far and away the best looking Dragoon and Bard weapons.

An Anima weapon can be slowly chipped away at over the course of a few months via poetics. You'll ultimately still have to do a handful of dungeons, a shitload of A1S and the Victory Lap but the rest of it can be done very casually. Doing a Zeta probably takes about the same amount of time as it does to get a Pagos weapon in Eureka right now, and it's pure loving misery.

Final product was 100% worth it though. I can't say the same about my DRG/BRD Lux's which I never use

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

trip report from last night's duty roulettes:

ratfinx twinkledinks is a rough fight when nobody understands the mechanics (myself included)

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

I'm thinking about rolling for DPS class for a change, what would be a good job with a moderate to high rotation complexity and decent mobility/flexibility?

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

my second anima was the DRK one and I found that it ended up being way easier overall in large part because at that point I had a gatherer who could do custom deliveries and converting scrips into sand makes that stage trivial, and once you unlock the daily and weekly for clusters you can start them earlier than you need the clusters.

Albu-quirky Guy
Nov 8, 2005

Still stuck in the Land of Entrapment

multijoe posted:

I'm thinking about rolling for DPS class for a change, what would be a good job with a moderate to high rotation complexity and decent mobility/flexibility?

RDM?

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

multijoe posted:

BRD or RDM sound like your jams.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

multijoe posted:

MCH :getin:

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

RDM it is, thank you all for the advice :-)

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
RDM is on the simpler end of DPS rotations. They are mobile and flexible for sure though.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Note Block posted:

Ragnarok Zeta is still the nicest looking axe in the game, let alone ANY game.

axe too small

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Kaubocks posted:

trip report from last night's duty roulettes:

ratfinx twinkledinks is a rough fight when nobody understands the mechanics (myself included)

- Tanks: Swap once the MT gets four stacks of the debuff so the big hit doesn't kill him.
- DPS: Carry the sludge puddle away from the group and DEFINITELY don't drop it on top of the party or the circle in the middle.
- Healers: Just heal I guess, lmao.
- General: When the bombs come down, someone goes into the middle to activate the gas. Someone goes to the red to become a gorilla to smack bombs away from the party. If he's charging Boost, everyone goes into the purple gas to become a bird for the duration of the attack instead.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe

KoB posted:

axe too small

wrong and bad

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

KoB posted:

axe too small

yea if your axe isn't at least the size of parashu then i don't know what the point is

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
WAR axes should be capable of maiming someone through just dropping it on them, under their own weight and gravity.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
To this day the only axe I've ever used is the axe of crags and I don't plan on changing that.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe
Welcome to Axe Chat. The only discussion worth having.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Actually the best axe is Augmented Fieldking's Hatchet.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

The anima lux axe is a greek labrys so it really grew on me after a while.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

The Tsukuyomi axe is actually the best axe, sorry.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Saint Freak posted:

Actually the best axe is Augmented Fieldking's Hatchet.

weak baby axe

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Kaubocks posted:

weak baby axe

Take it from someone who's tried both; trees are harder to cut through than humans.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

RDM is on the simpler end of DPS rotations. They are mobile and flexible for sure though.

The complexity of rdm comes when your party falls to poo poo around you and suddenly multiple people need mana shifts and verraises and the odd vercure or erase while you are still trying to maintain good dps and not flatline your own mp.

When things are going well it's a very chill dps job though.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

SettingSun posted:

hell yeah I've been using minos lux ever since I got it

it's a wonderful combination of something someone might actually use in reality when sheathed and GIANT ANIME FIRE AXE when in combat stance, best of both worlds

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

how are RDM since the patch? I saw they got some pretty decent potency buffs. I havent played since expac launch and kinda have an MMO itch again, wouldnt mind leveling my 55 RDM up to cap.

KoB
May 1, 2009
I like the Axe of the Blood Emperor. its big and shiny.

AMISH FRIED PIES
Mar 6, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

SettingSun posted:

I actually like plain Minos more than Lux, because I'm not a big fan of Batman. :shobon:

Also the cool blue flames and the RUNES are more visible on Minos.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

I like the Anemos WAR gear because it comes with a replacement Farsha Anemos head attached to it.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
If people consider rdm moderate to difficult what do you consider easy!?

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

queeb posted:

how are RDM since the patch? I saw they got some pretty decent potency buffs. I havent played since expac launch and kinda have an MMO itch again, wouldnt mind leveling my 55 RDM up to cap.

They're fun and I keep up with the pack on the meters.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

Countblanc posted:

ice mage

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

Countblanc posted:

honest healing

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.
RDM is easy as hell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!

Ice Mage is a difficult class to play well because you have to weave explanations into chat that the rest of the party doesnt pay your sub and you can play how you want inbetween GCDs