Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

ranbo das posted:

If you can't figure out a way to play down to other players and still have fun you're probably bad at magic. Like seriously just give your casual friend a decent deck full of big green stompy creatures and build a deck around test of endurance or some other gimmick.

If you have problem brewing a deck that a new player can win with, maybe the problem is you. It's not chess, you can level the playing field.

Go to store, buy two+ starter decks. Play games using this and between matches rotate who gets what deck. No matter how good you are unless your opponent has difficulty with the basic rules or literacy the two of you are going to be roughly equal.

If you continue curb-stomping them somehow, take an extra shot each time you win.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
It's no different than if you're a high level Street Fighter player and you play competitively as Birdie. Maybe pick Chun-Li or Guile when you play friends casually. Sure, you'll probably beat your friends because of game knowledge and awareness, but you also won't annihilate them with your main character who you know every aspect of. It's about having the social grace to keep it fun and casual without destroying your friends and their own enjoyment.

Irony.or.Death
Apr 1, 2009

a reddit mock thread turning into two pages about how to play magic badly is the most damning indictment of gbs I have seen yet

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Barudak posted:

Go to store, buy two+ starter decks. Play games using this and between matches rotate who gets what deck. No matter how good you are unless your opponent has difficulty with the basic rules or literacy the two of you are going to be roughly equal.

If you continue curb-stomping them somehow, take an extra shot each time you win.

I literally did poo poo like this, you'd really be surprised at the gap between people who understand the general concepts of the game. Basic stuff like tapping out before combat, not saving instants until end of turn, giving up card advantage constantly in bad trades.

It'd be like playing horse with your friend who actually plays basketball while you don't, even if they give you the easiest shots they can you're gonna lose without them missing on purpose.

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

It's no different than if you're a high level Street Fighter player and you play competitively as Birdie. Maybe pick Chun-Li or Guile when you play friends casually. Sure, you'll probably beat your friends because of game knowledge and awareness, but you also won't annihilate them with your main character who you know every aspect of. It's about having the social grace to keep it fun and casual without destroying your friends and their own enjoyment.

We don't know he isn't doing this tho is all I'm saying. I already agreed he's a jerk if he's running literal tournament netdecks against their treefolk decks but if he's made his own dumb decks then there's not really much else he can do.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

I [23F] am dating a guy [24M] who voluntarily sleeps on a baby mattress laid on the floor, is this a red flag?

quote:

relationshipsDating

u/Throwaway-2315

I'd like to specify that I am not trolling, and I am willing to provide proof (A picture of the baby mattress that he was willing to send me) if it is asked for. I am not making this up, as weird as it sounds. Allow me to explain

So, I met this guy through a blind date set up by a friend, she said that he'd be a good fit for me because I've mentioned before that I like guys who are intelligent and polite. So far, he has shown to be both of those things.

We've been dating for a couple weeks now, and things have been actually going really well. He's extremely intelligent, polite, and considerate. He's one of the most normal and pleasant guys I've dated. He has a lot of money, and a very good job. All around he's shown himself to be stable.

Things were going very well, so we decided to take it to the next level. He invited me into his house to watch a movie. I'm going to fast forward ahead here because I want to get to the main trigger for this post.

I asked him if he wanted to take things to the bedroom because his couch wasn't very good for loving on. He agreed, but before we went into his bedroom, he wanted to warn me ahead of time about a, "Quirk" of his.

He assured me it wasn't anything gross or illegal, but that he almost always sleeps on a baby mattress that is laid on the floor. I kind of laughed at first because I thought he was just being random or exaggerating.

When we got into his room, I swear to god there was a baby mattress, like one with plastic springs and a pink bed-sheet, and a red and black pillow that had stars and planets on it and a blue blanket with the other side green. There was no bed frame, I am not kidding. It was clean, at least, it smelled like it was recently washed.

The weirdest goddamn thing is that there was literally a bed RIGHT NEXT TO IT I am not kidding, a fully made adult size bed with a bed frame, sheets, pillows, all of that. It had some stuff piled on it, but other than that it was a perfectly ok bed.

I, naturally, was shocked, and he understood that shock and explained it to me. According to him, when he was a child, he never slept on a bed, he slept on a mattress that was on the floor. He explained to me that this was just the arrangement he had when he was a child due to his mother not wanting him to sleep on a surface above the ground because she was afraid he'd roll over in his sleep and crack his head open.

He says that this practice didn't stop even when he became a teenager, and then an adult, he just didn't see any particular reason to stop because he ultimately liked it better this way. He said that he tends to not bring this up unless the topic comes up because girls before have been repelled by it. According to him, the normal bed came with the room, but he just has never felt like sleeping on it.

He said we could canoodle on the regular bed if it made me more comfortable, but that he'd understood if I wasn't in the mood anymore. I asked him to take me home right then and there because I was very much shocked. He agreed without argument and he took me home in awkward silence except for a, "Good night" at the end, I didn't say anything back.

So, my main question is, now that I've let it sunk in it doesn't really bother me that much beyond the whole weirdness of it all. Aside from the bed thing, he's shown himself to be very kind and charming. My question is, is this a red flag? I'm willing to look past it, but when I told my friends they told me that he was probably, a, "Pedophile" and that I should dump him.

What do you think? Is this a red flag? Any advice is appreciated.

tl;dr: I have been dating a guy for a couple weeks, so far he's shown himself to be extremely kind, smart, polite, and stable. However, I found out recently that he sleeps on a baby mattress. Is this a red flag, should I be worried? Any advice is appreciated.

59 Comments

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO posted:

I [23F] am dating a guy [24M] who voluntarily sleeps on a baby mattress laid on the floor, is this a red flag?
:sever:
Going to guess that is just the first test before the diapers and pacifiers get brought out.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

:allbuttons:

This is one of the weirdest bizarrely specific fetishes I've read about in a long while.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
"Take me home RIGHT NOW"

"Yeah ok"

That's how adults behave, OP. He was calm and polite while you threw a tantrum. Sounds like you've got some growing up to do.

*puts binky in mouth*

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Hey just thought you should know that even in the most charitable reading of my non socio-culturally normative behavior my mother is a commanding and unassailable figure in my life and I passively accept the status quo she set as what I want.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug
in grad school I just had a king sized mattress on the floor I slept on, honestly it was more comfy than some beds I've had in like dorms or w/e. That it's specifically one for babies tho is yeah, probably a sex weird.

Khorne
May 1, 2002
Somehow, that's something that wouldn't bother me.

I'd definitely ask about it being a baby mattress and the childish decor. If they had like a bed and then a normal mattress with normal furnishings on the floor that'd be whatever.

Zil posted:

:sever:
Going to guess that is just the first test before the diapers and pacifiers get brought out.
I'd peace out if this happened, though.

Irony.or.Death
Apr 1, 2009

There weren't as many of these as I expected.

Relationship between me [f19] and my boyfriend [m21] in peril over a game of monopoly (seriously)

quote:

BACKGROUND: A few days ago, I celebrated my one year anniversary with my boyfriend. We have the most extreme chemistry I've ever experienced but I often feel he's pretty emotionally disabled. He's done drugs like his whole life to escape his household tension, and anger. I feel this has kept him from maturing, or experiencing emotional pain necessary to transition into adulthood. I often feel his family is pretty backwards, immature, manipulative, and emotionally abusive to each other, but especially him. (because he had to come home from college after doing too many drugs, and skipping all his classes)
He has had a rough couple of months recently; he's unemployed, he never has any money, he came close to failing both of the classes he took last semester, and had a trite struggle with hard drugs. He lives with his parents, and is pretty dependent on them, despite their emotionally abusive relationship.
His parents have destroyed his relationships with his siblings, saying he's worthless... a druggie... a burn out... etc. He's worried that if he moves out that he'll never see them, especially his youngest brother, the only one he believes still likes him.
THE EVENT: Last night I sat down with said boyfriend, and two of his siblings [m8~] [f15~]. We normally don't spend time together, because I'm not good with family members, or socializing in general, but this weekend we're supposed to go on a floating trip, so I wanted to find some familiarity with my boyfriend's family.
We played a few rounds, during which we had a lot of fun. We have a lot of banter based around the fact that I'm an emotionless productivity focused robot, and he's wildly silly. I was the banker, and he bought everything he landed on without regard. It was really fun, and indicative of how we normally give each other poo poo all the time and it's not a problem. The move the made my boyfriend mad enough to leave the game, and stay in his room playing video games for 2~ hours was made by me and his younger sister.
She landed on a property of his and owed him money. I rolled the dice before he asked for the rent she owed, but according to the rules of the game, since I went before he asked she didn't have to pay. My boyfriend got so mad, and walked away from the bored. I continued to play for a few hours, building up a relationship with his siblings, having a lot of fun, and finding a place in their household that didn't cause me extreme anxiety.
After my boyfriends younger brother decided he was bored, I went to my boyfriends bedroom. He told me he was mad at me for breaking the rules. I couldn't believe how immature that was, because the move was within the rules, and also- it's monopoly, and he is 21 years old. I asked what the real issue was, but he was set on him being upset by me cheating. After a while of talking I got fed up enough to leave, because of how silly it all was.
I went outside, and he kept me from walking to my car. I kept asking him what the real issue was. I eventually got him to touch on the fact that he felt I was stealing his siblings, and that we were ganging up on him. I tried to explain this wasn't the case, and that I was just trying to make friends with them before we had to go on a trip together. He has a really great relationship with all of my family, and I wanted to attain something similar. My mom has said on more than one occasion that she hopes I never break up with him. my sisters both think he's hilarious, and their husbands both like him. My dad even likes the guy which isn't true of either of my sister's husbands.
He wouldn't have it so I left his house. He maintained that he was more mad about the game, even though he admitted to feeling like I 'stole' his siblings. I told him I wanted some space, but I think that's just because I wanted to isolate because of my anger.
I messaged him this morning explaining that I wanted to talk and figure things out. It's like 1 pm and he hasn't seen it, but he's probably not awake. I'm worried that our relationship will end over this, but also I feel like if he can't get past it, maybe we differ in emotional maturity too much to have a civil relationship.
What can I say to fix this? Is saying sorry about monopoly even though I'm not sorry at all the right thing to do just to move past this? Is it worth moving past or do you think this episode is a red flag for the future?
tl;dr: My boyfriend is mad at me for winning monopoly, and might be emotionally inept. Is his immaturity enough to consider leaving the relationship? Or should I support him through tough times because I still love him, despite my displeasure with the current situation?

and a dark mirror

Girlfriend Admitted to Cheating in "Monopoly." Should I care? (more info inside)

quote:

So, my girl and I are at a friends place drinking. We decide it's a good time to play monopoly.
Girlfriend was the banker, I handed out the properties. Long story short, the game became quite competitive between the 6 of us involved. She was drunk, and at times when she wasn't paying attention I would handle transactions from the other players purchasing properties.
She gives me this look and says, "I don't trust you, (accusing tone) you're stealing from the bank." She then removes the bank (in front of us, off to the side of her.)
The game lasted hours. People where playing dirty tricks in the game like: if you didn't call out a player who landed on your hotel, you didn't have to pay if the next person rolled....off the board agreements of immunity of pay from other players, poo poo like that. I was tired, and voiced that I wanted to leave. She said, "It's the principle of the game, you can't just leave." (it was 2:30 in the morning, class is at 9.)
I tell her the next day that I was hurt for her accusing me of stealing. Her response: "I did nothing wrong, it's the bankers job to make sure no one is stealing. I don't know why you're so worked up about this." She maintains her position that she has done NOTHING wrong.
A few days later...
I find out today (from her own mouth) that she took tons of money from the bank and even gave it to other players in the game to keep them quiet.
I bring up our former conversation about her respect for "principle" in the game and laughs. Now she's mad at me.
Help.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

DragQueenofAngmar posted:

if you're so good at a given leisure activity that you will absolutely crush any of your friends unless you intentionally lose, play another game. if you can't bear to do that then i guess you have to have different friends if you won't do anything but play magic when you have spare time

This is why I can't play Risk. :qq:

Apparently having a vague, gut-feel idea of the odds on varying numbers of sixers with advantage to the defender and being a mediocre judge of how many armies I need to attack or defend with is just too much for people.

I'm more into co-op board games now anyway. Teamwork makes the dream work.

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

Irony.or.Death posted:

There weren't as many of these as I expected.

Relationship between me [f19] and my boyfriend [m21] in peril over a game of monopoly (seriously)

and a dark mirror

Girlfriend Admitted to Cheating in "Monopoly." Should I care? (more info inside)

capitalism is the worst, kill them all

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Cheating, grudges, and fights are standard practice for Monopoly. I don't see the issue here.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Public Service Announcement: Monopoly is a poo poo game but if you just play by the goldang actual rules like the auction and not giving out money on free parking or whatever other dumb poo poo people add its like 45 minutes or less to play.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

chumbler posted:

Cheating, grudges, and fights are standard practice for Monopoly. I don't see the issue here.

just lol if you as a child didn't furtively stash monopoly money around so that if your folks decided to play monopoly you could sneak a few extra hundos

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib
Me [20 M] with my coworker [ 25 F] Pushes her breasts against me

quote:

I have a female coworker a hardly talk to, mostly because of age difference, but we keep a good, professional relationship. She is single and seems to be a lot flirty, she's even flirted with some of our clients. Sometimes we both have to do some physical tasks together like organizing folders, or taking old machinery to the warehouse, and we frequently end up being close. When it happens, our bodies have frequently gotten so close that I end up pushing her breasts with my arms, or back, or chest, for relatively long periods, while she doesn't seem to be bothered enough to move away from me immediatly.

So the question is, is it common for women to get so close to men that their breasts are touched by them withouth moving away immediately ? I have not been the most social person and my experiencies with women are very limited, but with my other 2 friends, I happened to have touched their breasts but in situations that were much more fortuitous and it only lasted one second in those cases, in this case is it has lasted more time.

tl;dr:Female coworker and I get so close I end up touching her breasts and she doesn't seem to be bothered.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

Barudak posted:

Public Service Announcement: Monopoly is a poo poo game but if you just play by the goldang actual rules like the auction and not giving out money on free parking or whatever other dumb poo poo people add its like 45 minutes or less to play.

It's also brilliantly designed, considering that it was made to teach people why capitalism is bullshit.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

Barudak posted:

I had one of those oldschool handheld electronic monopolies and it blew my mind how much better the game was when it was just played by the rules of the game. That thing was great for airplanes and such.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

dudeness posted:

Breasts are just there, if you're working and they're in the way that's just where they're going to be, it doesn't really mean anything, I mean we can't take them off.

Unload My Head
Oct 2, 2013

dudeness posted:

"age difference" he says of someone five years apart.

StupidSexyVaultGuy
Jul 26, 2003

Irony.or.Death posted:

Many a grandmother have been labelled streetwalkers due to this vile past time.

StupidSexyVaultGuy
Jul 26, 2003

Pick posted:

Breasts are just there, if you're working and they're in the way that's just where they're going to be, it doesn't really mean anything, I mean we can't take them off.

Whiny bastard should just go violently masturbate to the experience in the bathroom like the rest of us.

:fap:

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

Barudak posted:

Gonna need to see these photoshops.

quote:

I'd really rather not. They're badly photoshopped pictures of me having sex with some dark skin men (probably found on google images). When I say badly photoshopped, I mean it.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
It's this really a problem? Getting breasts mashed against you by the assistant as the best part of going to the orthodontist's office.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Panfilo posted:

It's this really a problem? Getting breasts mashed against you by the assistant as the best part of going to the orthodontist's office.

If it's unwanted then it's sexual harassment, given that it sounds intentional. Even if it is welcomed it's poor office conduct if it is otherwise avoidable.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

you guys I'm pretty sure ArbitraryC is in fact the ultra-competitive Magic guy :ssh:

Unload My Head
Oct 2, 2013

StupidSexyVaultGuy posted:

Whiny bastard should just go violently masturbate to the experience in the bathroom like the rest of us.

:fap:

chumbler posted:

If it's unwanted then it's sexual harassment, given that it sounds intentional. Even if it is welcomed it's poor office conduct if it is otherwise avoidable.

I hate to break it to you, but sometimes women want sex, and sometimes I feel really bad for women because of how oblivious men seem to be to that fact.

Like, she's rubbing her tits on him, maybe ask her if she wants to grab a bite after work or something. Jesus.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

dudeness posted:

Dude is only 4-5 steps away from the story where the guy was confused over his female friend repeatedly masturbating in the tent right next to him and he's all like "What do you think this means, reddit?"

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

Who wants some textbook stalker behavior

The girl (19F) I (21M) am in love with thinks I am a total weirdo and I don't know what to do!

quote:

Hello r/relationships!

I am using a throwaway because this is a personal question and I have never really come on this subreddit before, so excuse me if I do any formatting wrong. Sorry for how long this is, I am seriously heartbroken right now and so lost.

So I (21 M) met this girl (let's call her Jaime and she is 19) in January of this year at the start of second semester at our university when we worked in one of the rec centers together. She was a freshman and I was a Junior. She started college a semester late (she said becuase of family issues) and said she was nervous about it, so I decided to show her around a bit. We got lunch a few times during her first month on campus and I gave her tours of the campus. We hit it off immediately! I know it is cliche, but I have never felt this way about any other girl before. Seriously. She is so beautiful, she is the smartest person I have ever met, she is hilarious, and we even like some of the same TV shows and have the same hobbies! After those first few weeks, we weren't able to hang out as much because she was so busy with work and school, but we worked together Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday nights. While we weren't busy, we would always talk about TV shows and movies we enjoyed. Outside of work, we texted a lot too! Well, a few weeks passed and we hadn't hung out outside of work and I realized how much I liked her, so at the end of one of our shifts, I asked Jaime out on a date. She told me she doesn't think about me that way, but promised we could stay friends. This really really hurt. I cried in my apartment and couldn't bring myself to go to class the next day. I honestly thought she liked me, and I had been so nice to her. I even picked her up her favorite drink from starbucks on my way to work most days even though she never asked me to and told me I didn't need to.

So another month passes and I am trying to keep up the friendship we have and just appreciate her presence. I ask her to hang out a few times (I even told her it was just as friends) and she said she was so busy she couldn't (she could have been lying though). I tried keeping up text message conversations with her, but she would forget to reply a lot. I genuinely don't understand this. How does someone forget to reply to a text? Especially to a friend? And even if she was ignoring me, why? Why agree to be friends if she didn't want to be? But I still loved her so much and I held out hope.

So spring break came around and it was our last shift together before the break. I wanted to do something special for her to show her how much she means to me as a friend. I got her some flowers and a bracelet (nothing too expensive, just like a $15 one from the store). I gave it to her at the end of our work shift (I had them hiding in my car and gave them to her in the parking lot). I had planned out exactly what I would say and I didn't even expect anything back. Just appreciation, you know? But I guess she didn't appreciate the thought I put into it because she told me she didn't want to accept the flowers or the bracelet. I got kind of upset and we got in an argument. But I ended up telling her it was ok that she didn't want to accept it and just asked her for a hug.

She went home for break and I went home as well. I had my 21st birthday during it, and I got pretty wasted with some of my cousins that weekend. I am not proud of this, but I did drunk call her a few times. I left her some voicemails about how I loved her if she ever wanted to date a guy that would cherish her like a queen. She never replied, and I was pretty embarrassed. I sent her some texts essentially explaining that I was so sorry I said those things, but I stand by everything I said (I can copy paste them here if you wanna see them, but this is getting long already so i guess I will only do it if you all think you need to see it to give me advice).

So we got back to school and I hadn't heard from her, so I planned on talking to her about it at work, but I found out she had changed her schedule and was working different shifts from me now. I never found out why and no one told me why. I tried facebook messaging her, snapchatting her, and even sending her an email asking if she was angry with me or if we could meet up to talk because I didn't want to lose a great friend. I saw that she saw my messages on FB messenger, but she never replied. This pissed me off a lot since I had been nothing except for sweet to her. I stopped messaging her for a few weeks in April, but then the school year started to come to a close and I realized I couldn't bear being without her or not being able to see her for the summer. I sent her a few more messages, but she never replied, so I decided I would go straight to her dorm room. I didn't know exactly where she was, only the building, but I went there one afternoon when I knew she had a final and wandered around the halls hoping to catch her on her way back. I didn't see her, but apparently, she saw me because she texted me asking what I was doing in her dorm. I explained (again) that I wanted to see her and talk, but she told me to leave her alone. So I left in tears, skipped my last final (got an incomplete in the class for it) and went home.

I have spent the last month in absolute depression. I think about her every day. She blocked me on social media, so I can't see her profile, but I haven't texted her since school ended. But it finally got to be too much for me. I decided I would try one more time to show her how much I love her. I knew the town she moved to school from (it's only like an hour away from me and I have family that lives nearby- we have talked about it before), so I texted her and told her I was coming to meet her. I was going to meet her at X coffee shop and I wanted to talk about everything. Once again, she couldn't even do me the respect of replying. I checked her Instagram that night and saw that she was out partying that very night. There were pictures of her with alcohol (she is UNDERAGE) and her wearing skanky clothes (she told me she hated partying). its like she has become a totally different person. So I did freak out a little. I told her about how much I cared and about how awful it was for her to just ignore me like that. That I was going to come to coffee shop on X day and if she should do me the respect of coming to see me. She never replied, but I got a piece of mail today. It was a loving cease and desist letter. She said she would "seek legal avenues" if I didn't stop "harassing" her. What the gently caress reddit? Now I don't need legal advice because I am going to cross post this to r/legaladvice for that, but what do I do now that she thinks I am a total creep? How do i get her to hear me out? I refuse to just live knowing she hates me. There has to be some way I can do this. Please help me. I know I have made some mistakes, but I promise I am a nice guy and I just want her to be happy.

tl;dr: had a falling out with my crush and she sent me a cease and desist letter for trying to talk it out? what do?

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

He also posted in legaladvice asking if the c&d was legally binding and what might happen if he violated it. Some choice quotes of his.

quote:

Its not really legal means since it's not legally binding. Once she tells me she is not interested and never will be, I will leave her alone. She told me she wanted to be friends. I don't believe in giving up on love that easily. Is there any way I can talk to her about this? She really doesn't need to be scared...

quote:

How can it be harassment if there is no intent to harm or threaten?

quote:

How can I end up in jail for trying to reconcile a great friendship? I don't understand

quote:

How is it stalking? No one has been able to show me the law that I am stalking!

quote:

I don't think a reasonable person should feel threatened by this. But hey, thats just me. Maybe the law is weird.

quote:

Geez well with that definition, any woman could accuse a man of stalking for just trying to work out a fight. Seems stupid to me. I have not threatneed her or done anything that should make her feel terror.

quote:

I guess I just always thought it was important to fight for the things you love.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

GBS: Girl Boss Sentral > /r/relationships: No one has been able to show me the law that I am stalking!

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

Dude is only 4-5 steps away from the story where the guy was confused over his female friend repeatedly masturbating in the tent right next to him and he's all like "What do you think this means, reddit?"

This guy has, well, his posts should speak for themselves.

First we set up his recurring problem of being unable to interpret pretty innocuous body language.

Two years ago
Me [20 M] feel I take personal relationships too seriously

Does this girl like me based on body language situation ? Me [19 M] Girl [20F]

Then comes the quoted story.

Then he's easily distracted
Me [20 M] Only person not invited to my friends [21 F] Birthday party.

But wait?

Me [21M] with my girlfriend [25 F] feel like leaving my girlfriend beacuse I feel worthless

Well, the ages kinda match up? I guess they got together in the end. That's a happy e-

One year ago

Me [22 M] with my girlfriend [25 F] one year, my gf broke up with me today because I've been to shy with her family

Oh. Well that's too bad.

Me [22 M] with my new female acquaintances [20/F] [20/F] , was asked if I go out, didn't know what to say

...Ok. That's enough titles. Everything culminates in one last post.

262 days ago

Is a situation with a girl I stalked online solvable ?

quote:

Yes, it is that bad. I'm an extremely beta male who's currently making his first steps in the world of the redpill.

I have a class with a girl I find really cute on Saturdays. Only on Saturdays.

3 weeks ago I had a really bad problem with my landlord and I was going to be evicted, I got tired of it all and decided I was going to move back home before being evicted. In that moment I thought, there's this girl I liked and I never talked to, and that I'll never see again, so gently caress it, let's stalk her Facebook and send her a message. I know it's a really stupid idea but I still have a lot of wrong traits. I sent her a message without even having her as a friend of Facebook, and in the message I wrote to her that I really felt attracted to her, because I thought she was cute and smart, and that I was going to drop out of college, and never see her again.

2 days after, my landlord apologized for trying to evict me and I decided to stay in this city and college. So I was actually going to see again the girl .During that class, I thought of talking to her, but I was too embarrassed. This week, on Tuesday, she showed up out of nowhere when I was going to class, and cheerfully greeted me, and told me she wanted to ask me a question. At that moment I was both shocked that she had talked to me in that manner, because I assumed that she was upset for stalking her, and also in a bad mood because of college stress. I treated the girl poorly, not making eye contact, and telling her repeatedly, "I’ll explain this to you next Saturday", after a moment she left in a bad mood with me.

So it comes down to this day. I tried to talk to her in today's class but I wasn't able because she was all the time with other girls, and I still haven't been able to address groups of people I don't know. Once again I got desperate and sent her another Facebook message, in which I told her that I wanted to meet her on next Tuesday before class to talk, then she replied to me, after a couple of hours, that she felt that it was better to not talk at all, that she had tried to be friendly with me last Tuesday, and that she only wanted to say hello. She wrote that I had acted in a hateful manner.

So I don't know what to do. I'm still a newbie in the red pill but I already know some concepts I still would like to try to save the interaction with this girl.

Should I try to talk to her next time I see her in college despite that she told me that she thought it was better not to talk at all?

That was what I was thinking of doing. But I don't know if I should apologize to her, you know, for stalking her Facebook twice and treating her unfriendly, or if I should simply try to talk to her about some inane thing. She didn't seem very upset about my first stalking, so maybe she doesn't care that much.

Or should I not try anything at all and move on?

:catstare:

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

fruit on the bottom posted:

This guy has, well, his posts should speak for themselves.

First we set up his recurring problem of being unable to interpret pretty innocuous body language.

Two years ago
Me [20 M] feel I take personal relationships too seriously

Does this girl like me based on body language situation ? Me [19 M] Girl [20F]

Then comes the quoted story.

Then he's easily distracted
Me [20 M] Only person not invited to my friends [21 F] Birthday party.

But wait?

Me [21M] with my girlfriend [25 F] feel like leaving my girlfriend beacuse I feel worthless

Well, the ages kinda match up? I guess they got together in the end. That's a happy e-

One year ago

Me [22 M] with my girlfriend [25 F] one year, my gf broke up with me today because I've been to shy with her family

Oh. Well that's too bad.

Me [22 M] with my new female acquaintances [20/F] [20/F] , was asked if I go out, didn't know what to say

...Ok. That's enough titles. Everything culminates in one last post.

262 days ago

Is a situation with a girl I stalked online solvable ?

:catstare:

Uh, well, hmm. Seems like this guy has more problems than recognizing when women are into him... :staredog:

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
oof

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
the top comment on that one

quote:

I don't think redpill is your issue at the moment....

You need some serious help with basic social skills....

You try aggressively applying redpill to this girl, you are likely to end up in jail.

Are you asper? Because as of right now she is probably scared witless at your strange, odd behavior....your best bet at this time is to stay as far away from this girl as possible because I do not think that you have the social acumen to effective deal with the interaction....you are likely to make it worse.

yes. the top comment on r/redpill

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell

ranbo das posted:

He also posted in legaladvice asking if the c&d was legally binding and what might happen if he violated it. Some choice quotes of his.

I think he's ready

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
big fan of this one

Me [23 F] with my boyfriend [29 M] of two years, he's in Vegas with his coworker [32 F] and didn't tell me she's there

quote:

My boyfriend of two years recently left for a trip to Las Vegas with his mom and two sisters. I was not invited, but as I far as I know neither were his sisters' boyfriends so I didn't think much of it.

Yesterday his sister shared a video on Instagram, and in the video you can clearly see him in the background hanging out with his female coworker. He never mentioned anything about her being there, so I'm feeling a little uneasy. I though I'd wait a while for him to bring it up in case he just happened to bump into her down there, but he still hasn't said anything, even though he's been texting me about other less important things this whole time.

I've met his coworker a couple times and she seems like she has a bit of a crush on him, and they text each other pretty much 24/7 which has always made me feel a little weird. I've never said anything about it because I hate to come off as the jealous type and I really don't mind if he has female friends, so he shouldn't feel like he has any reason to hide her being in Vegas with him.

I don't think he would ever cheat on me, let alone in front of his family, so I have no idea why he's hiding this. Am I overreacting? Should I confront him?

tl;dr: My boyfriend is in Vegas with his coworker who's into him and didn't tell me

mostly for this comment

quote:

Oh, dear.

OP, have you considered the possibility that you're not his girlfriend; you're the woman he's cheating on his girlfriend with?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

PleasingFungus posted:

big fan of this one

Me [23 F] with my boyfriend [29 M] of two years, he's in Vegas with his coworker [32 F] and didn't tell me she's there

mostly for this comment

I don't think she is the side chick, because if so what did he introduce her as to his coworker? If he said girlfriend than the coworker knows what she is doing and if he did not introduce her as his girlfriend how did that go unnoticed?