Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
http://www.psp-tv.com/r/NiteCrew
This poll is closed.
500562 49.92%
139 0.01%
153 0.02%
500888 49.95%
940 0.09%
Total: 1002682 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/jeffzeleny/status/803427109775536128

e: ed balls ain't no fraud

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serf
May 5, 2011

FAUXTON posted:

Wrong. What will happen has happened before. The opposition left will fragment in a free-for-all thinking the new leaders won't last the year and the winner would be positioned to pick up the pieces. The opposition parties went at each other's throats and didn't band together until they were either in exile or in cattle cars headed to Poland because they thought things would hang together just long enough, that the citizenry would come to their senses just soon enough, to save them from the slide into fascism.

Wels fled to Paris where he died in 1939.
Thalmann was executed in Buchenwald in 1944.

This is why in addition to getting involved in local politics I am cleaning my guns and heading out to the pasture for target practice on the weekends. gently caress fascism.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Turdfuzz posted:

donald trump is our first child president

It's Benjamin Button, but he's moving backwards through time while aging in reverse.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

There have been other fascist states besides Germany just so everyone knows

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

shiksa posted:

they're gonna be tied in so many knots trying to keep "the good stuff" like trump promised they're just going to repeal it and then pass a bill called "trump care" that's a literal xerox copy of the aca

with price getting picked I wonder if that means that the faction that wants full granny murder is gonna win the ACA fight

ryan has already proposed "obamacare but we call it something else" so again, who knows

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.

Atrocious Joe posted:

If your white they're mostly asking because those kids will be the troops of the demographic war
IT ALL MAKES SENSE NOW

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

I think the real question is 'how will this go down?' Will Trump collapse under pressure? Will the Republicans hit a point where he's more a liability than an asset? Will Trump keep racking up scandals, hamstringing his presidency and slowing it to a dull crawl? Will the military start losing more and more people after realizing their lives have been handed to a sad and out-of-touch lunatic?

Honestly, I think it's going to be a case of Trump thinking he can walk away from the chair and let his team handle it, and they'll gently caress it up big time. All the in-fighting and the like are going to create chaos as the GOP tries to get things passed but alienates Democrats and some Republicans while doing so.

yeah i don't see this talked about much, but i think as a result of trump being the outsider and picking fringe-type people in some areas he won't have anything approaching a cohesive administration (i mean even excluding rogue romney as SoS) so if he's not on the ball then poo poo is going to be all over the place w/r/t to the admin's position

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
The nation isn't going to survive this.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Turdfuzz posted:

donald trump is our first child president

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Oxxidation posted:

I'm like 20:80 it does

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

Oxxidation posted:

you're right

it will be a caliphate

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

lol an orthopedic surgeon from one of the richest districts in georgia will now be dismantling the ACA

that's just great

orange sky
May 7, 2007

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/803434300846862336

Lovin it

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

CNN should go figuratively nuclear on trump but they because

Worst timeline

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Houston, we're Havana problem.

Atrocious Joe posted:

I don't know poo poo about Italian fascism other than Futurism but people say Trump is more Mussolini like and I want books that tell me bout that Benito guy so I know what to expect when I am expecting.

Seriously, give me suggestions, folks.

Serf
May 5, 2011

Take it from a Georgian: Tom Price is a huge piece of poo poo and also a loving terrible surgeon.

really looking forward to this never ending

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Oh the head of state is bullying the free press wonderful .

Just super

comingafteryouall
Aug 2, 2011

is this spate of doom and gloom born from Trump's newest retweets? that anti-abortion pick for health and human services?

we've had a few mad men presidents before. maybe we'll get out of it, maybe not.

anybody else watched Oliver Stone's Hidden History of the United States on Netflix? I've been enjoying it the past couple of days and looking back on the insanity of US politicians of the past is helping me feel better about the present in a weird way.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Corey L is just chilling with Trump right now egging him on to poo poo on CNN more

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
i can't believe president donald trump just ordered a nuclear strike on CNN's headquarters

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

euphronius posted:

Oh the head of state is bullying the free press wonderful .

Just super

Power is a heckuva drug~

Now he will exact revenge on all those who slighted him, he just can't wait~

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Also, it's absolutely perfect that he's using a very basic logical fallacy called "Argument from Ignorance". It's also his default position in any argument. http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Argument_from_ignorance

RandomBlue fucked around with this message at 04:10 on Nov 29, 2016

comingafteryouall
Aug 2, 2011

euphronius posted:

CNN should go figuratively nuclear on trump but they because

Worst timeline

CNN is going to reveal an old 50s era armament policy that gave all of the broadcast stations nuclear weapons in the event of a communist takeover of the American government, kept top secret and forgotten by all except for a Kenneth the Page figure who stumbled upon the nuclear weapon in the basement of Thirty Rockefeller Avenue.

and there will be no figuratively in this statement

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Fidel Castronaut posted:

I don't know poo poo about Italian fascism other than Futurism but people say Trump is more Mussolini like and I want books that tell me bout that Benito guy so I know what to expect when I am expecting.

Seriously, give me suggestions, folks.

You've also got Franco's Spain and Portugal for most the 20th century.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
trump's gonna give press credentials to brietbart, infowars, and fox and not to anybody else

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
Is it still a fallacy if he really truly doesn't know a fuckin thing

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

comingafteryouall posted:

is this spate of doom and gloom born from Trump's newest retweets? that anti-abortion pick for health and human services?

we've had a few mad men presidents before. maybe we'll get out of it, maybe not.

anybody else watched Oliver Stone's Hidden History of the United States on Netflix? I've been enjoying it the past couple of days and looking back on the insanity of US politicians of the past is helping me feel better about the present in a weird way.

i havent but that sounds cool thnx

gregday
May 23, 2003

RandomBlue posted:

Also, it's absolutely perfect that he's using a very basic logical fallacy called "Argument from Ignorance". It's also his default position in any argument. http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Argument_from_ignorance

That's what bothers me most.

That and the guilty until proven innocent angle.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Atrocious Joe posted:

Other fascist states don't hold nearly as close a resemblance. We aren't in the middle of a civil war, and we were never in danger of having one. We just elected a guy who gave people someone to blame for their woes and vowed to make the country great again through repudiation of diplomacy.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Pre German domination Italy is pretty close

Marie Furie
Nov 11, 2016

"total (100%)" is supremely and transcendently Trumpesque

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Sir Tonk posted:

Oh my god he's still retweeting people, what the gently caress.

I knew Trump would be ridiculous, but I thought the party would at least attempt to reign him in after the election. If he stays underwater for much longer he'll take the whole party down with him.

increasingly nervous man still at it

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Fascist actually put on a show about policy and the greater good

lol whatever the gently caress this is . Rich people raping us in the open

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

Landslide loss of winning the pop vote by 2 mil+

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

If we get more of this then I'll be a little more ok with the situation.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

euphronius posted:

Fascist actually put on a show about policy and the greater good

lol whatever the gently caress this is . Rich people raping us in the open

Fascist policy is literally talking about how great they're gonna make the country, massive unwieldy infrastructure projects, and weird national purity initiatives

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
total (100%)

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
Donald Trump and his landslide win of like sixty less EVs than Obama and almost 3mil less votes than his opponent.

:waycool:

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
it's a landslide, it's a landslide i continue to insist as i turn into the president of the united states

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/tamaranopper/status/803437894614614016

• Locked thread