Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
http://www.psp-tv.com/r/NiteCrew
This poll is closed.
500562 49.92%
139 0.01%
153 0.02%
500888 49.95%
940 0.09%
Total: 1002682 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Slippery Tilde

Serf posted:

I worked in prosthetics for two years and holy poo poo it is crazy how much we rely on fax machines

it's completely fuckin nuts

goddamn olds

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Somewhere in China:

"Premier! We have an update on the Trump situation!"

"Yes?"

"He has just responded to and replied to a sixteen-year old boy!"

"Ah, so he's already trying to find peace in his country by reaching out to the youth."

"No, sir, he was easily outwitted by a random 16-year-old boy online."

"....."

"Premier?"

".....you gotta be loving kidding me, right?"

"No sir!"

"....okay, save this poo poo, we're going to make a scrapbook that future generations can look at on how we defeated the mighty USA when they elected an toupeed idiot. Spare no expense!"

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

so like, trump is just trying to be as crazy as possible in order to get the reps to vote for hillary, right

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

I can't take this, it's already too much and it's only December.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

An you imagine if the democrats lost an election by this much

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Houston, we're Havana problem.

euphronius posted:

Pro choice right

Tom Price opposes abortion and supported the proposed Protect Life Act, which would have denied Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA) funding to health care plans that offered abortion (the PPACA already prevented public funding covering abortions) and allowed hospitals to decline to provide emergency abortion care.[37][38] He was rated at 100 by the National Right to Life Center. He was rated at 0 by Planned Parenthood and NARAL Pro-Choice America.[39][40] He participated in the 2011 March for Life.[41]

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
https://twitter.com/patrioticpepe/status/803423204656091138

I do like that patriotic Pepe is still the first reply in pretty much every tweet.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Sir Tonk posted:

I can't take this, it's already too much and it's only December.

He's not even president yet!

Technically per the constitution he could deliver the state of the union by tweets

Serf
May 5, 2011

Trash Trick posted:

so like, trump is just trying to be as crazy as possible in order to get the reps to vote for hillary, right

assuming this interpretation is true, then Trump will also fail to convince the faithless electors and end up as President for 4 years

the comedy of errors view is attractive tbh

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Fidel Castronaut posted:

Tom Price opposes abortion and supported the proposed Protect Life Act, which would have denied Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA) funding to health care plans that offered abortion (the PPACA already prevented public funding covering abortions) and allowed hospitals to decline to provide emergency abortion care.[37][38] He was rated at 100 by the National Right to Life Center. He was rated at 0 by Planned Parenthood and NARAL Pro-Choice America.[39][40] He participated in the 2011 March for Life.[41]

Welp

100-0

Wow

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

This past two weeks have been so bad I think there may be a coup or something

This dude cannot be president

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Planned Parenthood provider kangaroo courts by 2018.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
I thought he would pick some plastic surgeon, guess he went with whoever Falwell told him to choose.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
~chaos president~
https://twitter.com/LPDonovan/status/803427059368361984

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

euphronius posted:

Yeah, honestly, he is going to keep acting like this when he's the loving POTUS and the executive is going to be in complete gridlock, with people leaving/getting fired from the cabinet every month. There's no way this is just going to be four or eight years and then a smooth transition to another president.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Being a homophobe was the national past-time back then. That was before science discovered that gayness wasn't caused by demons in your rear that could only be exorcised by repeated probings from other demon possessed homosexuals. We didn't even know that the primary food source for gay men WASN'T little boys and the blood of heterosexuals.

I'm glad we finally figured out the whole things was just aliens. Aliens are sweet (the real ones, not the bad ones).

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
I'd pay so much money to have a hidden mic feed in Ryan and McConnell's offices right now.

And Trump's too, that'd probably be funny.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Corny posted:

lol my families taxes increase under the trump plan :thumbsup:

tbf, most people's taxes are going to increase under the Trump Plan.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

how bad is he?

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Serf posted:

assuming this interpretation is true, then Trump will also fail to convince the faithless electors and end up as President for 4 years

the comedy of errors view is attractive tbh

that reminds me, the faithless elector record is gonna be smashed, isn't it

i saw clips of what happened when the 2000 vote was certified and it was rather tame

Serf
May 5, 2011

euphronius posted:

like so many possible futures, this would destroy our democratic process

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

Sir Tonk posted:

And Trump's too, that's probably be funny.

Imagine all the tweets he doesn't send

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

euphronius posted:

the weirdest part is that most people just straight up aren't paying attention, to the point where it pretty much makes the doomsayers look bad, because when you try to talk about how insane all this poo poo is it's almost impossible to catch the average person up

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
Exactly

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Serf posted:

like so many possible futures, this would destroy our democratic process

Uh

That's already over, sir

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

Fidel Castronaut posted:

he's also hella anti-obamacare but who knows what the gently caress is going to happen internally with the GOP while they fight that out

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

just give up the pretense and open up all decisions to an american idol style phone line

Serf
May 5, 2011

Vertical Lime posted:

that reminds me, the faithless elector record is gonna be smashed, isn't it

i saw clips of what happened when the 2000 vote was certified and it was rather tame

if there are any faithless electors they will face anonymous threats and very possibly could be murdered. if they somehow magically don't elect Trump it will be open season

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Slippery Tilde

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

asymptotically approaches zero as a function of time

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Trash Trick posted:

the weirdest part is that most people just straight up aren't paying attention, to the point where it pretty much makes the doomsayers look bad, because when you try to talk about how insane all this poo poo is it's almost impossible to catch the average person up

And it's widely seen as how Trump was able to avoid any lasting criticism. He's real good at changing the subject every few hours and cable news isn't capable of not taking the bait every single time.

If he was any smarter I'd say his Hamilton whinefest was all a show to distract from the TrumpU settlement,.

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

I want to know if he uses DMs and what those look like.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

SpaceGoku posted:

he's also hella anti-obamacare but who knows what the gently caress is going to happen internally with the GOP while they fight that out

they're gonna be tied in so many knots trying to keep "the good stuff" like trump promised they're just going to repeal it and then pass a bill called "trump care" that's a literal xerox copy of the aca

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth

Serf posted:

if there are any faithless electors they will face anonymous threats and very possibly could be murdered. if they somehow magically don't elect Trump it will be open season

We already live in the dumbest possible reality so why not

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

euphronius posted:

I think the real question is 'how will this go down?' Will Trump collapse under pressure? Will the Republicans hit a point where he's more a liability than an asset? Will Trump keep racking up scandals, hamstringing his presidency and slowing it to a dull crawl? Will the military start losing more and more people after realizing their lives have been handed to a sad and out-of-touch lunatic?

Honestly, I think it's going to be a case of Trump thinking he can walk away from the chair and let his team handle it, and they'll gently caress it up big time. All the in-fighting and the like are going to create chaos as the GOP tries to get things passed but alienates Democrats and some Republicans while doing so. By the time Trump tries to come back and micromanage, he'll make everything worse right up until something big happens: an attack, an ecomomic crisis, et cetera. I think when Trump has to act as president he'll fail so badly that he'll either go full blown crazy and alienate everybody in the country or permanently damage the nation as a whole. In short, I think the Republicans have to be on their loving A-game if they're going to use him as a figurehead and I don't think they're up to it.

Either way, we shouldn't be talking about Trump's reign any further than six months at this point. This is a big time in our nation's history and it's not like when Dubya hosed off and let Cheney do the hard work, this is basically new territory and we may very well see the 47th or 48th President come 2020. We're in for mad, mad times.

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Serf posted:

It won't happen but they really are the last chance to save the republic. All bets are loving off in two months.

Serf
May 5, 2011

euphronius posted:

Uh

That's already over, sir

I dunno, I think we still have time to course-correct on the democratic process front

how much of that is just rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic is up to the individual I suppose

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

i feel like there should be some great literature about all this insanity. wheres the good art at?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

They are literally going to repeal Obamacare effective 2 years from now

And people will love it it because

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Corny posted:

lol my families taxes increase under the trump plan :thumbsup:

Welcome to most of the country. If you're not making close to six figures or more the tax changes are generally a net increase. Then everyone up to the top 5 or 2% or something gets around a 2% effective decrease then 13% decrease for the top tax bracket and corporate taxes go from 35% to 15%.

Also, no more estate taxes because 5.4M million per person before that tax kicked in was too little and was preventing the formation of a true aristocracy in the US. If I get super rich my bloodline should be filthy rich through perpetuity, it is their right!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

I think the real question is 'how will this go down?' Will Trump collapse under pressure? Will the Republicans hit a point where he's more a liability than an asset? Will Trump keep racking up scandals, hamstringing his presidency and slowing it to a dull crawl? Will the military start losing more and more people after realizing their lives have been handed to a sad and out-of-touch lunatic?

Honestly, I think it's going to be a case of Trump thinking he can walk away from the chair and let his team handle it, and they'll gently caress it up big time. All the in-fighting and the like are going to create chaos as the GOP tries to get things passed but alienates Democrats and some Republicans while doing so. By the time Trump tries to come back and micromanage, he'll make everything worse right up until something big happens: an attack, an ecomomic crisis, et cetera. I think when Trump has to act as president he'll fail so badly that he'll either go full blown crazy and alienate everybody in the country or permanently damage the nation as a whole. In short, I think the Republicans have to be on their loving A-game if they're going to use him as a figurehead and I don't think they're up to it.

Either way, we shouldn't be talking about Trump's reign any further than six months at this point. This is a big time in our nation's history and it's not like when Dubya hosed off and let Cheney do the hard work, this is basically new territory and we may very well see the 47th or 48th President come 2020. We're in for mad, mad times.

W is like 100x more sane and reasonable compared to .. trump.

• Locked thread