Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

22 Eargesplitten posted:

Also, there's a bug I'm not quite sure the conditions for where if you are currently sprinting and drink an energy drink, you'll start gaining energy even though you're sprinting. If you don't stop you can do it the whole length of the energy drink plus however long your stamina lasts after that. Kind of handy.

It's not a bug, it means the stamina regen from the energy drink is more than the drain from sprinting. As you carry more stuff you'll quickly eclipse the regen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Yeah, that's what it looks like. I had never seen that in vanilla. It also coincidentally happened a few times while I was mid-sprint and not when I chugged it first, so I thought it was related to that. It does seem to be just based on what percent of my weight I'm carrying, I meant to edit that part out.

It means using hercules all of your travel time is a good idea even when you're not overloaded, I'd never used it like that before. Especially when it's only 200ru each.

Elth
Jul 28, 2011

I don't know about you guys but I actually like going through Red Forest everytime Sid wants me to off some chucklefuck bandit in Jupiter. There's always an interesting encounter going on, plenty of artifacts, and Forester is a cool dude.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Tabletops posted:

Playing COC+AO3 with a few of the changes.

man the durability loss is insane, I've gone through maybe 2 or 3 magazines on my gsh-18 and already it's gone from ~70% to 30% durability.

my suit took a few swipes from a bloodsucker and is down to 70% from 100%.

how can I change this poo poo? it is infuriating.

started as clear sky but the swamps seemed pretty desolate so i moved on to cordon. I have a ridiculous amount of money from killing the bandits for sido and also the military guys near the loner camp (the tunnel I came through took me near their base, and my 2 clear sky bros went after them, both the clear sky bros and like 5 military dudes got blown up by all the mines).

Seems like all full auto weapons, including pistols, have a ridiculous amount of kick back. like I can't even burst with a skorpion or bizon or any of the ~9mm submachine guns because the kickback sends the gun halfway up my screen after the first 3 hits.

While i'm talking about weapons, the gsh-18 has like 0 recoil and is pinpoint accurate. I like it a lot.

edit: seems like the amoount of mutants in each level are pretty crazy. I took the flint guy with me to raid the bandits and he died almost instantly outside the loner base to a rush of ~6 cats 3 snorks and some bloodsuckers. funny enough they all hosed off as soon as he died so I ended up just doing it alone. after clearing it i got ambushed by more bloodsuckers.

also mutants seem to do very little damage, the bloodsuckers in particular are just an annoyance really.

See, I've heard people tell me Oblivion Lost just wanted to kill you. But I could handle most everything there. COC though, now that I have it, wants to kill you 8 times over and some of this poo poo is insane. My first trip to the radar map was psychotic.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Exosuit doesn't give a gently caress how hard the game tries to kill you. Maybe if you get ambushed by someone with AP rounds, but that's it. It is frustrating how quickly pistols degrade, though.

Since I have all the money I want, what do you all use for lightweight weapons? I'm thinking about maybe using an AS Val for a lightweight artifact hunting weapon to go with my SEVA. Silent for taking out sentries, high damage and penetration, good accuracy. I'm also considering the VSS, and I have no idea how the SR3M and 9a-91 stack up.

Swartz
Jul 28, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
So I'm trying to finally "finalize" weapons in Radium. I've been waiting for the source code of a well known weapons mod to come out, but it's taking forever, and meanwhile my entire team is waiting for me to get my act together.

I think you guys are a good group to ask about weapons due to all the love for Arsenal Overhaul.

Here's what I'm thinking will be the "final" list:

Pistols:

Beretta 92fs
APS Stechkin
CZ-75
CZ-52
Desert Eagle
MP412 Rex
PM
PMM
PB/6P9
Fort-17
SR1M
Browning Hi-Power
Sig 220
GsH-18
Glock 17 or 19
Glock 18C
USP (.45)
Sphinx SDP
FN FNP45
Smith & Wesson M19
TT-33
Kimber KDW
Colt M1911
MR96?

Shotguns:

Toz-66 Sawn-off
Toz-34
Toz-34 Sawn-off
Mossberg Maverick
AA-12
Remington 870
MP153 (wood or plastic? I don't want both)
Toz-194
Saiga 12
Vepr-12
KS-23
Protecta (really an Armsel Striker)

SMG's:
PP-19-01 Vityaz
PPSh-41
Vz.61 Skorpion
Aek-918G (if it ever gets skinned)
PP-2000
MP5 (a3 or a4?)
MP5SD A3
IMI Uzi
Mac-10
PP-19 Bizon
Kiparis
UMP-45
Grease gun
SR2M (in process of being animated)

Semi-auto Rifles:
Gauss rifle
Mini-14
SKS w/ removable mag (if we want a normal SKS it will need to be animated)
L96
Mosin Nagant
SR-25
VSS Vintorez
SVD
SVU
SV-98
Remington 700
AR-15
SVT-40

Assault rifles:
AKS-74U
AKS-74 (or AK-74, AK-74M?)
AKM
AK-101
AK-104
AK-12
AN-94 Abakan
Aek-971
M4a1 Carbine
HK 417
Sig 550
FN FNC
9A91
FN FAL
G3A3 (or G3/SG-1?)
L85
Famas F1
Steyr Aug A1
Barret REC-7
IMI Galil
Groza
AS Val
SR3M
Type 63
G36K
Possible: AMD-65, Vz.58, Aek-973?

LMG's:
PKM
PKP
RPK-74
RPK w/ drum

Other/misc:
RGD-5 grenade
F1 grenade
RGO grenade
RPG-7
"Bulldog"
Anti-personnel mines

Note that I haven't included any "special" or unique weapons.

So I'll let you guys be the judge. Anything missing? Anything that should get the boot? I can also post screenshots of any weapons there's issues/questions around.

My goal is to "finalize" anything that's staying within the next month or so, and then after that we can adapt any new weapon system that comes along. There's lots of attachment types and hopefully more to come.

One thing I'd like to do is different magazine-types for weapons if good animations are available, sometimes for looks, other times for mag capacity.
I've already done this with the AKS-74U and AKS-74: they can take a 30, 45, or 60-round mag in different flavors (using these: http://gamebanana.com/models/3770 ).

Swartz fucked around with this message at 02:10 on Dec 15, 2015

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

Very cool. Please include the G3/SG-1 along with the G3A3 if possible.

The mag system sounds cool.

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

Mini 14. Done.

rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot
Is there any chance at all of getting an under-barrel shotgun attachment?

Swartz
Jul 28, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

rejutka posted:

Is there any chance at all of getting an under-barrel shotgun attachment?

Very much so. Waiting on the source for the weapon mod I can't mention in order to do that.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Yes please Vz.58. It's a cool gun you never see in games. It's also a lightweight 7.62 rifle with a high rate of fire, which is handy in a game like this.

rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot
Well, gently caress yeah! You've been a real friend to this family, David.

Swartz
Jul 28, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

22 Eargesplitten posted:

Yes please Vz.58. It's a cool gun you never see in games. It's also a lightweight 7.62 rifle with a high rate of fire, which is handy in a game like this.

I love the Vz.58 as well. I prefer it to the AK-47 or AKM on the rare occasion I find it in a game.

The reason for a "maybe" is because it would require a custom model and texture because all that's out there is garbage created for the Half-Life 1 engine as far as I know.

*Edit*
I have another, kinda unrelated question.

Radium, in it's full form, is going to take a while.

What I'm considering doing, is creating three mods:
1) The weapons mod
2) The weather/Atmosfear 3 & Absolute Nature 3 alternative
3) Radium: the full experience

Would anyone like that? It means you'd get the weapons and weather/seasons crap of Radium early, with Radium still being the full mod for the best experience possible.

Swartz fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Dec 15, 2015

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

To save the world from the expanding Zone.
I'd be down for the full thing.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Monolith. posted:

I'd be down for the full thing.

This.

Fun fact, I just applied at the place they make the Maverick 88 :)

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!
I poked around but haven't found any info on this either way -- is Radium going to use the default CoP map or anything larger?

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Is Radium going to have a ZoA-style magazine system? That was one of my favorite parts of that mod.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
Ah, this was just a random screenshot I meant to post in the steam thread. Whoops.

Edit x2: Source is Dragon Quest: Heroes if anyone cares. Good KOEI game.

Morter fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Dec 15, 2015

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

I think you want the... awful mods thread?

rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot
There's no women in the Zone, you fakey faker you. :colbert:

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse
Ok, looking for some help now. The Xray engine crashes either when making my way to the corner of Pripyat plaza where the monolith's first job is to secure an area. Doesn't matter whether going there on business or pleasure, the game just freezes and when it crashes to desktop I get a quick "Xray engine has quit running" message

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

I'm considering giving SoC a near-vanilla run after doing a bunch in the SoC/CS maps in CoC (how's that for a pile of acronyms?). I want to have a mostly vanilla experience, but I want to be able to repair stuff and I'd like silencers to work. I remember in vanilla SoC they actually don't reduce the range where enemies will hear your gunshot at all. Will the Zone Reclamation Project do that for me?

My DVD drive is also not working right now, which means I can't install using my hard copy. I'd like to not have to :filez: the game and then activate it with my legit key for fear of viruses. I have an old install, but it has L.U.R.K. and Pretty Little Rainbow's realistic weapons mod on it. Can I just delete the bin, gamedata, and mods folders and be good to run vanilla, or did installing the mods irreversibly change the installation too much.

22 Eargesplitten fucked around with this message at 08:03 on Dec 16, 2015

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe

Swartz posted:

I love the Vz.58 as well. I prefer it to the AK-47 or AKM on the rare occasion I find it in a game.

The reason for a "maybe" is because it would require a custom model and texture because all that's out there is garbage created for the Half-Life 1 engine as far as I know.

*Edit*
I have another, kinda unrelated question.

Radium, in it's full form, is going to take a while.

What I'm considering doing, is creating three mods:
1) The weapons mod
2) The weather/Atmosfear 3 & Absolute Nature 3 alternative
3) Radium: the full experience

Would anyone like that? It means you'd get the weapons and weather/seasons crap of Radium early, with Radium still being the full mod for the best experience possible.

I think I'll add another "aye" for the whole Radium experience, that list of guns looks good, but I hope you will include either the special Groza, rechambered to 7.??? 62? the common warau pact ammo, or include the option of rechambering guns. also, i have seen a couple more models of the groza floating about, one with no grenade launcher, but with a commando style handle.

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

staberind posted:

I think I'll add another "aye" for the whole Radium experience, that list of guns looks good, but I hope you will include either the special Groza, rechambered to 7.??? 62? the common warau pact ammo, or include the option of rechambering guns. also, i have seen a couple more models of the groza floating about, one with no grenade launcher, but with a commando style handle.

There's also a variant with a massive suppressor ala an oversized MAC-10

more Groza variants did nothing wrong

Where in the code does one loving delete cats or at least keep them from spawning?

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

I tried an AEK-973 with full ROF and recoil upgrades. It sucks. Even with every recoil mod, the gun points at the sky after 1/3 of a second. I bought an AK12 M43, much better.

Does anyone have a recommendation for a 5.56 gun in AO3? I have an FN2000 right now, but I'm interested in trying others.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Spas, SVU A and KS-23 for poo poo-Hit-The-Fan situations.

All I'm missing is a few spliffs and some

Wish I had the GBS TCC mock thread bookmarked to gather more research on consumables to add to the game :v:

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

What mod has the KS-23? Did I miss it in AO3?

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

22 Eargesplitten posted:

What mod has the KS-23? Did I miss it in AO3?

Speak with Trapper in the Yanov basement. :)

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

MariusLecter posted:

Spas, SVU A and KS-23 for poo poo-Hit-The-Fan situations.

All I'm missing is a few spliffs and some

Wish I had the GBS TCC mock thread bookmarked to gather more research on consumables to add to the game :v:

Where did all those new icons come from?

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Saint Sputnik posted:

Where did all those new icons come from?

Google Image Search :v:

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

MariusLecter posted:

Speak with Trapper in the Yanov basement. :)

Oh, so they put it in the place of the Predator. That's really cool. Not sure if it's more practical than the unique Saiga I got from Nimble, but really cool. Probably does a number even on armored targets.

What I love about this mod is that it has me actually using pistols. Both the FNP and the glock 20 are really good against both mutants and humans. I don't think I ever used a pistol in one of these games after I got an assault rifle aside from messing around with a stetchkin in Oblivion Lost.

Don't get the automatic fire mod for the pistols, though. It's a trap. Way too much recoil, its a lot easier to stay on target firing in semi-auto.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

22 Eargesplitten posted:

Oh, so they put it in the place of the Predator.

No, you can buy it from him.

Also sells shrapnel and solid steel barricade rounds. Put one of those bad boys through a pseudogiants face. :jihad:

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Awesome. I'm going to have to pick that up, I'm in the middle of moving equipment to Jupiter now. When you say solid steel, do you mean I can fire a 23mm slug out of that thing? That would be ridiculous in the best way.

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

By the way, whoever asked about recommendations for Russian bands to include on the radio, Би-2 has some really good stuff I could easily see in the game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8elQqqGi11k

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Adding this track to all radios in the Zone.

https://nonplayablerecords.bandcamp.com/track/all-star-in-the-end

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

An official release of AO3.1 for CoC released just yesterday. You have to make a new savegame, though. I'm going to just do it and use the spawn menu to get all of my crap and around the same money. I guess that's the benefit of a sandbox mod, no quest progress to lose.

E: the one I was using previously was an unofficial merge by a third party modder. This one is by the guy who wrote AO3 initially, so I'm hoping it will resolve some of my occasional crashes.

22 Eargesplitten fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Dec 16, 2015

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Double post: Ddraig, what do you think about being able to tune into different radios with a portable tuner, like listening to Freedom base radio while out and about and switching between all the other radio playlists?

Was thinking about working it into a quest or something where you pick up an anomalous item like the dredge wheel and use that as your radio. :v:

e; and having this track always play first and between every other track.

https://nonplayablerecords.bandcamp.com/track/all-star-in-the-end-reprise

e2; but really, traders should have one of those little radio tuners for sale or something.

MariusLecter fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Dec 16, 2015

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

MariusLecter posted:

Double post: Ddraig, what do you think about being able to tune into different radios with a portable tuner, like listening to Freedom base radio while out and about and switching between all the other radio playlists?

Was thinking about working it into a quest or something where you pick up an anomalous item like the dredge wheel and use that as your radio. :v:

e; and having this track always play first and between every other track.

https://nonplayablerecords.bandcamp.com/track/all-star-in-the-end-reprise

e2; but really, traders should have one of those little radio tuners for sale or something.

Actually what would be a lot of fun, is if you could tie radio stations into cassette tape inventory items. Make a little scavenger hunt out of it.

e:

22 Eargesplitten posted:

An official release of AO3.1 for CoC released just yesterday. You have to make a new savegame, though. I'm going to just do it and use the spawn menu to get all of my crap and around the same money. I guess that's the benefit of a sandbox mod, no quest progress to lose.

E: the one I was using previously was an unofficial merge by a third party modder. This one is by the guy who wrote AO3 initially, so I'm hoping it will resolve some of my occasional crashes.

Not liking this official port of 3.1 as much as I did the latest version of the unofficial. Back to the old style of flashlight beams, a lot of sound effects are different, the knife is back to being weak, instant overburdon instead of gradual, and I can't sell guns that aren't near-mint even to other Stalkers. And I crashed once; I don't remember the last time I crashed with the other version.

Saint Sputnik fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Dec 17, 2015

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Well, drat. I wish I'd read that before I installed it just 20 minutes ago.

Oh well, I feel like starting up a SoC run anyway. I haven't played that pretty much since CoP came out.

I forgot how bullet spongy enemies are in vanilla SoC. I cleared out the military base at the South of Cordon with an ak74. Each enemy took 7-10 shots to kill. I used my P99 on one. 16 rounds to the chest from 5 feet away and they didn't die.

On the bright side, the 5.45 Groza I bought from Sid pretty much fixes that.

22 Eargesplitten fucked around with this message at 16:32 on Dec 17, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
That Groza is pretty much a cheat weapon that GSC forgot to patch out :p

Anyway, here's the current Radio Mixes I have for Radium

http://www.mediafire.com/download/8ovydm4rd94sttn/Music.7z

I originally made them for Misery, but I was sort of soured from that for various reasons. I think the only one I'd like to keep is the 3rd one. The quality of production increases as they go on. I was learning as I went.

They were made with CDs I managed to get from my local library. They did have 2 CDs from French artists, though, which is slightly closer to Ukraine than any of the others, so I made sure to pick some from there.

This is likely the only time you're ever likely to hear GZA and Frank Zappa in the proximity they are, though, so that's fun.