Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Vriska fans getting blown the gently caress out :owned:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Madoushi
May 9, 2003

Some days, you just get up on the wrong side of the bed...
Caliborn's DA page is already flooded with fans of fine art.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

Alabaster White posted:

I can't loving believe anime Harry Potter Lord English is canon.

Best thing about the update :allears:

What a great reference.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
MORE FICTITIOUS IDIOTS TO MURDER. INSIDE MY DRAWINGS.

VERY COOL MAN
Jun 24, 2011

THESE PACKETS ARE... SUMMARILY DEALT WITH
This is the greatest thing that could have happened.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

It's like reading The Exegesis of Philip K. Dick, except with anime.

Martini Mice-Cream
Feb 17, 2011
Everything about this update was perfect. I was expecting just some simple, lovely anime drawings by Caliborn, and not only did I get that, but I got lovely Dave/Karkat drawings, awful watermarks, yet another dead Nepeta joke, and a glorious Bishounen Self-Insert a.k.a. "THE YAOIEST MOTHERFUCKER WHO EVER LIVED."

If I ever dislike any parts of the Homosuck segments in the past, this one redeemed all of it.

Oh wow Caliborn's self-insert is based on this image here(Cal's an art thief too?): http://www.mspaforums.com/showthread.php?33350-Steampunk-Shenanigans-with-Nakki-and-Ruka&p=4313799&viewfull=1#post4313799

Martini Mice-Cream fucked around with this message at 10:53 on Oct 18, 2014

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
He's back to making fun of his fans, this is fantastic.

Also holy poo poo, that deviantart page is real? Amazing.

EDIT: I highly suggest everyone look at the interests section of the aforementioned deviantart page.

Jen X fucked around with this message at 10:59 on Oct 18, 2014

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

It's everything I dreamed it would be.

For better or worse.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
Okay this is pretty much exactly how it needed to return. To a T.

I also had to explain the joke behind Harry Potter Lord English to two of my friends, so that's good too.

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!
This is probably the most beautiful eruption of man gas I have witnessed.

Poultron
May 26, 2006

It doesn't make me happy if you call me cute, you bastard!

Holy poo poo.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Yeah, just gonna go ahead and post Caliborn's interests from his DA page here for people who don't feel like going to deviant art:

Favorite visual artist

ME.

Favorite movies

I HAVE NOT SEEN A MOVIE.

Favorite TV shows

I HAVE NOT SEEN A TV SHOW.

Favorite bands / musical artists

I DON'T KNOW.

Favorite books

HOW TO DRAW MANGA.

Favorite writers

ME.

Favorite games

TABLE STICKBALL.

Favorite gaming platform

I DON'T KNOW.

Tools of the Trade

COMPUTER PENCIL.

Other Interests

MEAT. ART. MURDER.

loving incredible.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

I have never experienced a Homestuck update before, you know except the one last night.

It's more beautiful than I could ever have imagined.

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~

GeneX posted:

Also holy poo poo, that deviantart page is real? Amazing.

It never even occurred to me that it wasn't real. As soon as I saw the page I made a mental not to go back and check that on DeviantArt after I'd finished reading the update.

Love the fact that his self-insert comes from that fanart of Doctor Who-invited-this-rear end in a top hat.

A year on, and the first thing Hussie does is take the piss out of his fandom. It's nice to know that some things never change.

Wyld Karde fucked around with this message at 11:46 on Oct 18, 2014

Martini Mice-Cream
Feb 17, 2011
AHAHAHAHA! Someone actually spent money on Deviantart to give Caliborn premium membership.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
Man, those long fingers remind me of that wacky crystal IV poo poo troll fanart.

http://crystals1986.deviantart.com/art/My-new-Homestuck-OC-Handia-in-hospital-w-crystals-360972008

Don't click it, guys.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

WAR FOOT posted:

Man, those long fingers remind me of that wacky crystal IV poo poo troll fanart.

http://crystals1986.deviantart.com/art/My-new-Homestuck-OC-Handia-in-hospital-w-crystals-360972008

Don't click it, guys.

Oh this guy. Yeah, the worst fanart thread has been taking the piss out of this dude for years now. (That thread is amazing.)

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
Caliborn reasserting himself as the best character continues. Welcome back Homestuck.

People predicted pretty easily that Lord English was just a proxy for Caliborn then who could absolutely anything, but we also got confirmation that Doc Scratch has been actively speaking with Caliborn as well (the "ghost" on the computer) so I'm hoping we get one more glorious comeback of that douchebag.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
THESE MOE BROS PUT THE PAL, IN PALPABLE CHEMISTRY.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
Those yaoi hands :eyepop:

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

lotus circle posted:

Caliborn reasserting himself as the best character continues. Welcome back Homestuck.

People predicted pretty easily that Lord English was just a proxy for Caliborn then who could absolutely anything, but we also got confirmation that Doc Scratch has been actively speaking with Caliborn as well (the "ghost" on the computer) so I'm hoping we get one more glorious comeback of that douchebag.

Pretty sure the ghost was Hussie. I mean that's what I got from "idiot voice in my computer taught me about author avatars", it's been a while so I don't recall too well but wasn't it him antagonising Caliborn throughout the latter's quest?

CidGregor
Sep 27, 2009

TG: if i were you i would just take that fucking devilbeast out behind the woodshed and blow its head off

lotus circle posted:

See I interpreted the 'ghost in the computer' bit to refer to Hussie talking to him directly, not Doc Scratch.

e:f,b

Daius
Sep 10, 2010

Renaissance Robot posted:

Those yaoi hands :eyepop:

That's some real Saladfingers poo poo right there

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006
I shot the invisible swordsman.

ZZT the Fifth posted:

I just had a mindblowing thought. You know how Calliope may or may not be using her fantroll as a self-insert? What if LE isn't actually Caliborn himself, but rather Caliborn's self insert character loving around with the plot?

All the fancy gear and buff physique LE has could just be Caliborn playing up his ideal qualities... and unlike Calliope's insert's apparently passive methods, LE is actively loving with the story and characters, matching up with their titles' roles.

Predicted two years ago. :owned:

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Meanwhile fanartists scamble to create every permutation of every character:

e: Found another

Triskelli fucked around with this message at 15:53 on Oct 18, 2014

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Triskelli posted:

Meanwhile fanartists scamble to create every permutation of every character:

e: Found another

You missed the best one.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Tenebrais posted:

You missed the best one.

I love this.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Aw, Caliborn, you've come so far.

Seriously, though, my favorite bit was the Deeganmouths in profile.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
There's more to the story than we know and this confirms it.

Right now, when you think about it, Caliborn is just kind of...sad.

Hilarious, awful, lovely- but really goddamn sad. He's the last person alive wherever the gently caress he is, and he's stuck with nothing but how to draw lovely manga and other bullshit. He couldn't affect the other universes if he WANTED to.

He revealed he doesn't know what LE's coat was and implied it was a future thing- so something is going to happen.

Chances are he's going to be LE, no real question about that-but it might be a bit more complicated than just 'self insert'.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Actually, I changed my mind. The most amazing thing about this update is that Caliborn apparently traced at least one of these drawings. I'm assuming the image on the right is from the terrible real-life book?

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Bobulus posted:

Actually, I changed my mind. The most amazing thing about this update is that Caliborn apparently traced at least one of these drawings. I'm assuming the image on the right is from the terrible real-life book?

Oh my god, actually read the comments on the page. "It's often easy to get excessively caught up in the shape of the two [butt] cheeks"

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

It's been a loooong time (much longer than the Gigapause) since Homestuck actually made me laugh at loud but here we are. This did it. All of it. Holy loving poo poo.

MAN GAKA EXTRAORDINAIRE.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Lol I freaked the gently caress out when I saw Harry Potter English, I remember posting that threads ago.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

I would also like to mention that John is currently behind Caliborn in his studio.

Expect MANY shenanigans tonight folks!

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT POWER RANGERS MYSTIC FORCE

Freak Futanari posted:

Could you tell me about Power Rangers Mystic Force?

I'd be happy to.

When do we start? :getin:

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

It's everything I'd hoped it'd be and more. :allears:

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

Blackheart posted:

C'mon Hussie, you HAVE to reference that awful anime Lord English fanart (from before the real LE was revealed). You just have to.
Ahaha

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT POWER RANGERS MYSTIC FORCE
This is the best update to end the Gigapause on. It's almost like a recap of us getting back into the swing of things, complete with metajokes and Caliborn being an even more awful person in a post Gamergate world.

The hat just completes the perfect storm of terrible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrakePegasus
Jan 30, 2009

It was Plundersaurus Rex's dream to be the greatest pirate dragon ever.

I'm so glad the Fanart Train that follows every update is back and still working, even with THIS material. It gives me hope for the future.