Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

I guarantee someone looked at the poster with the horns and demanded more sultry sexy lady look.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.

Desperado Bones posted:

From what Spanish speaking country is that? :psyduck: I mean, in which part of the world is wrong to show her with her cool as gently caress horns-thing-crown-whatever

Edit: head and hair are like photoshoped as gently caress.

I'm more worried about Thor dual-wielding instead of using Mjolnir.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
The hammer gets shattered in the trailer.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

Goddamit, Marvel.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Fat Samurai posted:

I'm more worried about Thor dual-wielding instead of using Mjolnir.

Between the music and the colors and the jokes they're really obviously trying to ape the success of Guardians of the Galaxy since the last Thor didn't really take off in the same way that the new Captain Americas, which I'm fine with so long as it means they're willing to be weird and have fun with it. More disco wouldn't hurt, either.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MMMe1drnZY

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Guy Mann posted:

Between the music and the colors and the jokes they're really obviously trying to ape the success of Guardians of the Galaxy since the last Thor didn't really take off in the same way that the new Captain Americas, which I'm fine with so long as it means they're willing to be weird and have fun with it. More disco wouldn't hurt, either.

People keep saying this, but Thor was always bright and colorful.

The jokes might be them leaning into Guardians, but also might well be that they've kinda realised lately that Hemsworth's actually really good at comedy.

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 14:54 on Aug 26, 2017

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.

MikeJF posted:

People keep saying this, but Thor was always bright and colorful.

The jokes might be them leaning into Guardians, but also might well be that they've kinda realised lately that Hemsworth's actually really good at comedy.

The Marvel films were always broadly defined action comedies, the goal posts just keep getting shifted in the imaginary of the fandom. It helps if you're obsessed with 'tone,' which basically just boils down to preoccupation with superficial content. Like, if a movie is perceived as 'brighter and more colorful' but without any significant reform in aesthetics, purely based on the relative presence or absence of 'dark subject matter,' then of course Peyton Reed and Adam McKay's star-vehicle for Paul Rudd is gonna come off as a night-and-day switch from Iron Man.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Sure, I'm down with this.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Karl Urban is in thor 3? Kickass, def gonna see it now

rawillkill
Aug 15, 2009

Emma Watson is what runs trivia teams.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

@therealbanksy

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
Wonder where she got a phone so big

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Hat Thoughts posted:

Wonder where she got a phone so big

It worked out at the library.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

There he is!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I'm still lolling at them hyping up the IMAX showing so much, but the version of the first episode that'll be on TV is actually longer so you'll have to watch it again.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
Lockjaw! With... out... the little fork on his head. Cause even the dog has to be 'cool.' Shoulda maybe given him a little black leather jacket.

I wonder how badly Inhumans is going to flop. Maybe it'll secretly be really good, but I haven't found anyone who gives a poo poo about it yet.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Experience this random dog in IMAX!

Talk about targeting a series exclusively to people who already know the story because otherwise :wtc:.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Palpek posted:

random dog

:mad:

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Palpek posted:

Experience this random dog in IMAX!

Talk about targeting a series exclusively to people who already know the story because otherwise :wtc:.

Its just a character poster.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Character posters still tend to have something interesting in them, especially superhero ones - costume design, background whatever. That's just a regular dog. Maybe if there was a human standing next to it for scale or a street light chewed up like a toy on the ground or anything really. As it is it could be a poster for Tequila and Bonetti: The Movie.

Palpek fucked around with this message at 08:57 on Aug 28, 2017

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

Palpek posted:

That's just a regular dog.
It's a Good Dog.

That said, yeah, it's pretty bad, specially with the "family dog" tag. It's begging for something special that shows that he's not just the family dog.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Peanut President posted:

Its just a character poster.

Yeah, they released it for National Dog Day. The other ones are not exactly as exciting.

The MSJ fucked around with this message at 11:51 on Aug 28, 2017

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

Let's put all of our boring posters at an angle.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Palpek posted:

Character posters still tend to have something interesting in them, especially superhero ones - costume design, background whatever. That's just a regular dog. Maybe if there was a human standing next to it for scale or a street light chewed up like a toy on the ground or anything really. As it is it could be a poster for Tequila and Bonetti: The Movie.

I don't think it's meant to be serious.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

davidspackage posted:

I wonder how badly Inhumans is going to flop. Maybe it'll secretly be really good, but I haven't found anyone who gives a poo poo about it yet.

Apparently people were laughing at the trailer they showed at SDCC.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

The Dog is the best of these posters by far.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

Waffleman_ posted:

Apparently people were laughing at the trailer they showed at SDCC.

Alan Sepinwall noted that the pilot episode that critics were shown was confusing, and had to poll a few different critics on certain plot-points since it wasn't all that clear. Then Marvel got lovely about it when they brought it up.

Also, the director of the first two episodes literally admitted he got the job because they wanted to rush it and they knew that he could shoot fast. It'll be a mess and it's going to flop hard because Jeph Loeb wants to be Kevin Feige.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

The MSJ posted:

Yeah, they released it for National Dog Day.
This explains it, thanks.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Pretty good concept!

DrVenkman posted:

It'll be a mess and it's going to flop hard because Jeph Loeb wants to be Kevin Feige.

tin pot dictators falling on their face is always funny

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Fat Samurai posted:

It's a Good Dog.

That said, yeah, it's pretty bad, specially with the "family dog" tag. It's begging for something special that shows that he's not just the family dog.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

The MSJ posted:

Yeah, they released it for National Dog Day. The other ones are not exactly as exciting.

:lol: These are so bad! Who was in charge of it? It's...just trash.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Desperado Bones posted:

:lol: These are so bad! Who was in charge of it? It's...just trash.

I find the one for Gorgon particularly offensive. His horse leg is obviously a fur sock with a hoof stapled on the end. Couldn't they at least 'shop it at little so you can't trace the obvious outline of his lower calf and foot there?

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

I can't believe we lost Hooper and Romero in the same year.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

ruddiger posted:

I've never seen this one. I love it

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Proteus Jones posted:

I find the one for Gorgon particularly offensive. His horse leg is obviously a fur sock with a hoof stapled on the end. Couldn't they at least 'shop it at little so you can't trace the obvious outline of his lower calf and foot there?

At least they didn't do the Torgo method.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

What a crazy career. Lifeforce and Inavders From Mars shaped my childhood.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

All those character in the Inhumans posters are at most mildly amused by whatever boring thing they're taking part in. At worst they're apathetic or actually malcontent. The dog is the only one that seems happy to be there.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

ruddiger posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

The Font You Wanted Wasn't Installed: The Myriad Story