Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Some other character posters for other stuff.

The Blue/Orange Duality of Man

I posted the Pedro Pascal one last page, here are the rest.

This show is probably better than Inhumans.

edit:
This one counts because PT Barnum sure was a character.

The MSJ fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Aug 29, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

ruddiger posted:

I can't believe we lost Hooper and Romero in the same year.

That Tobe Hooper directed the extremely different Texas Chainsaw Massacre and Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2 isn't as surprising as his insistence that the reason he made the sequel a comedy is because "The audience didn't recognize the comedy in the first one"

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

DrVenkman posted:

Alan Sepinwall noted that the pilot episode that critics were shown was confusing, and had to poll a few different critics on certain plot-points since it wasn't all that clear. Then Marvel got lovely about it when they brought it up.

Also, the director of the first two episodes literally admitted he got the job because they wanted to rush it and they knew that he could shoot fast. It'll be a mess and it's going to flop hard because Jeph Loeb wants to be Kevin Feige.

Jeph Loeb is a loving idiot but apparently his son is like the only kid who ever died in the history of the world so people keep giving him pity work for it.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Make a Lockjaw show, with Kamala Khan as his owner, because I'm pretty sure he's the only Inhuman who isn't a racist.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

No sewer-scene, no sale.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

TVGM
Mar 17, 2005

"It is not moral, it is not acceptable, and it is not sustainable that the top one-tenth of 1 percent now owns almost as much wealth as the bottom 90 percent"

Yam Slacker

Not enough places to swing and too many eggrolls :butt:

Poor horse.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Pope Corky the IX posted:

That Tobe Hooper directed the extremely different Texas Chainsaw Massacre and Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2 isn't as surprising as his insistence that the reason he made the sequel a comedy is because "The audience didn't recognize the comedy in the first one"

I mean, the first movie is basically one long absurdly dark joke, and the second movie is the same joke but made more overt and a bit less pitch-black.

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

You'll have to explain the joke in the first one to me, because I don't see it.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

That Spidey rear end! :trumppop:

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

These are actually clever because they fit his character. Did they add any china scenes in the movie?

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

got any sevens posted:

These are actually clever because they fit his character. Did they add any china scenes in the movie?

It would be great that instead of going to Washington they go to Shanghai, just for the Chinese market.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Samuel Clemens posted:

You'll have to explain the joke in the first one to me, because I don't see it.

I just watched it for the first time last night and it absolutely is a straight up dark comedy. The loving dead grandpa comes back to life and sucks on the girl's finger. Then fails immensely to smash her head in. The guy in the wheelchair bumbling around then getting absolutely shredded out of nowhere. And christ, the old man at the gas station trying to reign in his two dumbfuck kids.

I don't see how anyone thought this was scary back then. Can't wait to see the sequel if it's even funnier.

Oh yeah, the girl running out of not 1 but 2 windows in the entire movie.

I am sure I am missing out a ton of stuff.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Just because it's a dark comedy doesn't mean it can't be scary. The guy getting clobbered with the meat tenderizer was pretty loving horrifying, even if I giggle at the old man sucking fingers later on.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I regret to inform you the Chinese Spider-Man posters are fake.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

The whole ending chase and closing the movie with this shot was loving amazing.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Vintersorg posted:

I just watched it for the first time last night and it absolutely is a straight up dark comedy. The loving dead grandpa comes back to life and sucks on the girl's finger. Then fails immensely to smash her head in. The guy in the wheelchair bumbling around then getting absolutely shredded out of nowhere. And christ, the old man at the gas station trying to reign in his two dumbfuck kids.

I don't see how anyone thought this was scary back then. Can't wait to see the sequel if it's even funnier.

Oh yeah, the girl running out of not 1 but 2 windows in the entire movie.

I am sure I am missing out a ton of stuff.

My favorite reading of the movie is Chainsaw's in Summer School

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0C50KsvgjQ

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Invader Zim is quite horrified during that.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
The shot of Leatherface dragging the guy into his parlor and then slamming the sliding door shut is one of the most famous shots in horror cinema. It's so raw, and when that door slams you feel this pit in your stomach like poo poo is on and no one is getting out of it alive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1igo_Kh0kwI

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

What's going on in this show?

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Palpek posted:

nothing ever as interesting as the posters imply

Parasol Prophet
Aug 31, 2012

We Are Best Friends Now.
That's what every viewer of American Horror Story asks themselves, every season, after every episode.

It's a fun watch, but also weird and stupid.

E: And yeah, the posters/trailers are pretty much always more interesting than the show itself turns out to be.

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort

Palpek posted:

Based on what I've seen so far, AHS: Cult is about a woman whose phobia of clowns takes on a life of its own after Donald Trump wins the election, people with beehives for brains, and... whatever that is.

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

Well Manicured Man posted:

Based on what I've seen so far, AHS: Cult is about a woman whose phobia of clowns takes on a life of its own after Donald Trump wins the election, people with beehives for brains, and... whatever that is.

Looks like she's got hives.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Well Manicured Man posted:

Also the Lean and Dumb Ham is in this season

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

The title design made me think of this

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

And More posted:

Looks like she's got hives.

Get off the stage!!

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Harlock posted:

The title design made me think of this

With the Conjuring font

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

CelticPredator posted:

With the Conjuring font
It seemed so familiar, but I couldn't place it. Thanks.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

I see they're still trying to come up with better titles for Edge Of Tomorrow

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
This movie came out over a year ago but I'm just now seeing the poster and OMFG

Tag yourself I'm the sinkhole swallowing all those buildings

Maxwell Lord fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Aug 31, 2017

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

Maxwell Lord posted:

This movie came out over a year ago but I'm just now seeing the poster and OMFG

Tag yourself I'm the sinkhole swallowing all those buildings

This must be a foreign DVD or something, they put out a bunch — most of which were just kind of boring. A few were good in concept if not execution

They're better than the original poster, at least

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

MacheteZombie posted:

nothing ever as interesting as the posters imply

They pretty much admitted this last year when they made a ton of ads that had nothing to do with the actual premise of the season under he guise of some contest to pick out the real one.

Mustached5thGrader
Oct 1, 2011

My mother won't let me grow a goatee.

I see W and Barack, but who is on the right?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Kinda looks like LBJ.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's Putin I think.

Distorted Kiwi
Jun 11, 2014

"C'mon! Let's tune our weapons!"
Bunch o' Stuff from my Twitter

(Another great NEAR DARK poster)

(Darth is in the wrong flick, but probably doesn't care)

(That's actually PUMA MAN. Death Star not included in actual flick)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The "Death Star" thing is actually in Pumaman. Its the alien spaceship that shows up at beginning and end to talk about how they're the ancient gods that gave Pumaman his powers.