Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Chris Sabin is on AOW this week, so that's a guaranteed listen for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.

HulkaMatt posted:

If you like listening to 2 week old podcasts that were never posted, microphone clicks, loud laughing and having to raise the volume every time one person speaks, you will like this 2 week old thing.

I enjoyed this. Also, the announcer who pronounced it "soo-play" was Gordon Solie.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

njsykora posted:

Chris Sabin is on AOW this week, so that's a guaranteed listen for me.

The bible story. Wow.

The Goog
Aug 6, 2007

It's a Goog Day, yes it is!

Karmine posted:

I enjoyed this. Also, the announcer who pronounced it "soo-play" was Gordon Solie.

And Crowbar probably did it fifteen times during the ten minutes of commentary he did in WCW.

Thanks for the compliment; we all really like the concept, even though we suck about recording cause I'm in the process of moving and HulkaMatt only comes out of his megamansion for a couple of hours a week.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

Alvarez's story about his vacation was pretty good.

Haha Bryan didn't know racoons could climb trees?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

triplexpac posted:

Haha Bryan didn't know racoons could climb trees?

Here's a list of things Bryan knows outside of wrestling, the paranormal and jiu jitsu:

On an unrelated topic, what does Dave Meltzer do with his days that no matter what WORs can't go up until 4 AM? UFC ended at 7. There is a possibility that he and Mike have been recording for the last 6 hours, but that's not TOO likely.

I guess the man does have hobbies between wrestling, MMA, 90210, football, bodybuilding, hair care, raising a family, that time he went to the beach, roller derby and counting Halloween costumes at his kid's school, so maybe he is busy all day.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

MassRayPer posted:

Here's a list of things Bryan knows outside of wrestling, the paranormal and jiu jitsu:

On an unrelated topic, what does Dave Meltzer do with his days that no matter what WORs can't go up until 4 AM? UFC ended at 7. There is a possibility that he and Mike have been recording for the last 6 hours, but that's not TOO likely.

I guess the man does have hobbies between wrestling, MMA, 90210, football, bodybuilding, hair care, raising a family, that time he went to the beach, roller derby and counting Halloween costumes at his kid's school, so maybe he is busy all day.
I figured he had decided to be on call from 12 to 2 AM three times a week and that's easier than trying to schedule times day to day or week to week.

But then they release breaking news during normal business hours so WTF?

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

That's pretty much just when the morning shows go up, over here I've learnt that shows don't go up until 10am.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...
Perhaps huge celebrity in Europe Matt LeBlanc had a show on TV that he didn't want to miss.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I'll just leave this here.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

MassRayPer posted:

I just imagine it as him having a really old computer and the MP3 encoding of a 1 hour show takes like 4 hours and then it takes another hour to upload it.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

sportsgenius86 posted:

I'll just leave this here.

That's a drat bad case of tiny face right there.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
All that money talk on this morning's Observer confused me.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

They should have answered the question and moved on.
WCW's 1998 was the most profitable year at the time.

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.

They should have answered the question and moved on.

Yeah they don't do that.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...

Karmine posted:

Yeah they don't do that.

It's not an Observer podcast without a semantics argument.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Del and I argue about that on our show all the time. I think derails, as long as they're interesting, are an integral part of the show and how funny stories and interesting conversations happen. He's worried about run-time, post-production effort, losing the audience, and a host of other valid points.

My favorite parts of F4W and WO podcasts are those moments. Cat chat, giant derails about pinning somebody on an ice flow, and the Christmas shows they do when they're drunk.

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary

LividLiquid posted:

Del and I argue about that on our show all the time. I think derails, as long as they're interesting, are an integral part of the show and how funny stories and interesting conversations happen. He's worried about run-time, post-production effort, losing the audience, and a host of other valid points.

My favorite parts of F4W and WO podcasts are those moments. Cat chat, giant derails about pinning somebody on an ice flow, and the Christmas shows they do when they're drunk.

Discussions on whether a rope break can be called by grabbing any piece of rope just lying around

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

The derails on the B+V show are fine because it's just a show where two goofy dudes talk to each other about mostly wrestling but also whatever else comes up. The Dave derails always fall into one of two categories: Dave going on some tangent about old wrestling crap, which is usually pretty interesting/informative, or Dave getting distracted/confused by something non-wrestling related which he inevitably fails to understand which never fails to entertain me.

e: And there's also the "Dave Takes Everything Literally" derails which are also fun.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

If you have to record the show in your car, don't do the loving show. I made it about 4 minutes into Five Star Radio before I was annoyed to death by the background crap.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

sportsgenius86 posted:

If you have to record the show in your car, don't do the loving show. I made it about 4 minutes into Five Star Radio before I was annoyed to death by the background crap.

That's kind of Five Star's gimmick, that and Coughlin being incredibly annoying to listen to.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu
This week's Art of Wrestling guest is Justin Roberts.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

njsykora posted:

That's kind of Five Star's gimmick, that and Coughlin being incredibly annoying to listen to.

I mean, the audio quality is usually poor, but this was especially god awful.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

sportsgenius86 posted:

I mean, the audio quality is usually poor, but this was especially god awful.

I would say this is some of the better audio quality he's had lately. I vastly prefer him in the car to walking the brothers McPuggle.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

I love Coughlin in the car and when i see ROAD RAGE RADIO on the front page it is a must download and instant listen.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

I'd just rather wait since all the really funny bits will be in the end of year compilation.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

MassRayPer posted:

I would say this is some of the better audio quality he's had lately. I vastly prefer him in the car to walking the brothers McPuggle.

Maybe it's my headphones. I dunno. If I was listening through speakers it might different but the background wind with my headphones was like torture.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Since nothing in TNA has a satisfying resolution and the Aces and Eights story cannot be salvaged I am in favor Bryan's idea to have Joe Park captured through the PPV and Abyss wrestling on the show.

UltimoDragonQuest fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Oct 4, 2012

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Since nothing in TNA has a satisfying resolution and the Aces and Eights story cannot be salvaged I am in favor Bryan's idea to have Joe Park captured through the PPV and Abyss wrestling on the show.

Joe Park is made to watch at ringside as Aces run wild. then when someone bleeds late in the match Joe sees it and destroys his captors, goes into the cage and destroys everyone in there with Black Hole Slams. Crowd goes apeshit.

If this isn't their actual plan they're idiots.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Newsletter sorting! Yes!

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

njsykora posted:

Joe Park is made to watch at ringside as Aces run wild. then when someone bleeds late in the match Joe sees it and destroys his captors, goes into the cage and destroys everyone in there with Black Hole Slams. Crowd goes apeshit.

If this isn't their actual plan they're idiots.
Throw in a Superman shirt and it'd be the best ending.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

njsykora posted:

njsykora posted:

I'd just rather wait since all the really funny bits will be in the end of year compilation.

Best christmas ever was playing Bioshock (Yeah, I take ages to play games, so what?) and in the middle of this incredibly tense moment under the sea with crazy monsters after me I'm listening to

"Oh, so you're the kinda guy who likes to hit it, and quit it? Can't we just gently caress and make up?"

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Ladies and gentlemen, a whole new low high: Mike Coughlin driving in his car talking about comic books for an hour.

It's still better than Comic Vine.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
WWE needs to create the Adventures of fatty and pale face

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

triplexpac posted:

WWE needs to create the Adventures of fatty and pale face

Have Secretariat as the love interest and the rear end Soaper as the recurring villain, you've got the next NBC project.

I think this is the first time in a while I'm looking forward to a Todd show.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

So on the new B&V show, Bryan refers to the Batista DVD as "I Walk The Line".

Vinny: You're confusing Big Dave Batista with Johnny Cash.
Bryan: Well that's understandable.
Vinny: .....

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

njsykora posted:

So on the new B&V show, Bryan refers to the Batista DVD as "I Walk The Line".

Vinny: You're confusing Big Dave Batista with Johnny Cash.
Bryan: Well that's understandable.
Vinny: .....
They ARE both cool guys after all.

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot
You have no idea how small of a bubble Bryan lives in.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Meat Recital posted:

You have no idea how small of a bubble Bryan lives in.

I find it funny enough that the new F4W cover headline is "Various things hit various fans."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

deadkiller615 posted:

Hey Dolph Ziggler was on a podcast with someone who doesn't know about wrestling and then a goon jumps in mid-way through, a good listen http://feralaudio.com/22-wwes-dolph-ziggler-feat-max-landis/
This is really funny.

• Locked thread