Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Syndic Thrass posted:

Hey guys just looking for some advice. gently caress YOU ALL UR ALL WORTHLESS ASSHOLES AND I DON'T loving PLAY YOUR GAMES BITCHES. So yeah any help appreciated.

This is unchill. Take our lack of ability to be a chill person to the other thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

I'm going to tell Arghy to post in this thread

gammasilon for life~~~

leStrom
Jul 30, 2014

Ynglaur posted:

LeStrom, please write a five paragraph essay comparing and contrasting authoritarian video game guilds to real-world dictatorships. Be sure to include lots of strongly-held opinions on each of your points. If I deem it sincere, I'll send you instructions on how to successfully join Goonwaffe.

(Five paragraphs doesn't necessarily mean "long," but it should be well-constructed.)

Syndic Thrass posted:

Hey guys just looking for some advice. gently caress YOU ALL UR ALL WORTHLESS ASSHOLES AND I DON'T loving PLAY YOUR GAMES BITCHES. So yeah any help appreciated.

Extrapolate this to every tier of a hierarchical system. And a few dashes of corruption, apathy, feigned respect. Pour into cake pan and bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes.
Frost with My Little Pony™ brand rainbow icing.

MorsAnima
Nov 29, 2010
I just feel completely shit on. These changes won't make a cat in hell's difference.
Your post is just too.... tryhard. Really dude, it's the chill thread, just chill?

I know we all tell each other that everyone else is autistic spergelord #2451 and we all brush it off as "the bants' but that post is actually so bad.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

leStrom posted:

Extrapolate this to every tier of a hierarchical system. And a few dashes of corruption, apathy, feigned respect. Pour into cake pan and bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes.

Yes. Everything you have heard on le-reddit is absolutely true. Mittens is hitler, and all those other guys are on a quest for justi-aahahahahahaha.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

leStrom posted:

Garr Khan come home, we miss you.

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine

leStrom posted:

:lurkmore:

Alternately, please put in an application at pandemic-legion.pl and link for all of us to enjoy.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

pseudanonymous posted:

:smith::respek::smith:

leStrom
Jul 30, 2014
Yes you got me I've spent months plotting my return to eve reading every public forum available so that I could stand proud and tall above the other newbees, while also posting bullshit in these forums to prove im a casual likeable guy who just wants to chill, while in reality plotting an epic space opera with me at the helm.

I did not get bored of no man's sky after a week, followed by stardew valley for a few days, and on a whim decided that maybe I was due to play a real mmo with real people. The name's Asari Lucien currently sitting in Jita 4 in a probe outfitted to be fast and scan poo poo, though I'm not really sure why it's important to be fast and scan poo poo I remember doing that. I'm flakey, I'm more of a lurker especially over voice com, I don't anticipate renewing next month. It looks like my previous corp went by the name of tear extraction and reclamation services. I blew up a POS in nullsec with these guys once, we just kinda showed up with more guys and attacked them till it exploded... I was under the impression it was a relevant achievement but still don't really know why.

I have no idea how to make money in this game, It was all bought by selling plex. If interested I can post my training.
And yeah... my previous experience with goons was archeage and I have good memories of the people and bad of the forums.
I'm essentially a newbie with a couple of months of mostly intelligent skills learning focused on combat.

If these things make a sperg then uh... comedy goldmine.

leStrom fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Aug 28, 2016

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

You make Paco Vato's posting look good.

Please hurry up and join Groon and/or Karma so they can whip you into something approximating a not terrible poster (Groon is probably better for that). Alternatively, get a name change to DeStrom and join TEST.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

man i wonder whats going on in the chill thre :yikes:

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

leStrom posted:

Yes you got me I've spent months plotting my return to eve reading every public forum available so that I could stand proud and tall above the other newbees, while also posting bullshit in these forums to prove im a casual likeable guy who just wants to chill, while in reality plotting an epic space opera with me at the helm.

I did not get bored of no man's sky after a week, followed by stardew valley for a few days, and on a whim decided that maybe I was due to play a real mmo with real people. The name's Asari Lucien currently sitting in Jita 4 in a probe outfitted to be fast and scan poo poo, though I'm not really sure why it's important to be fast and scan poo poo I remember doing that. I'm flakey, I'm more of a lurker especially over voice com, I don't anticipate renewing next month. It looks like my previous corp went by the name of tear extraction and reclamation services. I blew up a POS in nullsec with these guys once, we just kinda showed up with more guys and attacked them till it exploded... I was under the impression it was a relevant achievement but still don't really know why.

I have no idea how to make money in this game, It was all bought by selling plex. If interested I can post my training.
And yeah... my previous experience with goons was archeage and I have good memories of the people and bad of the forums.
I'm essentially a newbie with a couple of months of mostly intelligent skills learning focused on combat.

post your word walls in the other thread thank you

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

Weeping Wound posted:

I'm going to tell Arghy to post in this thread

gammasilon for life~~~

Name search, whats going on in here?

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

Also theta for loving life, drone space pioneers til the end! I remember trying to talk about current strategic objectives with them then realizing i was the only one who actually fought in theta. Everyone else was loving space industrialists while i wasted my earnings on T1 BB's to get alpha'd instantly because my name started with A.

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011
Sup arghy

Normal Barbarian
Nov 24, 2006

pseudanonymous posted:

lol if you think he actually left

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

scandoslav posted:

lol if you think he actually left

:ssh:

The Claptain
May 11, 2014

Grimey Drawer

leStrom posted:

my previous experience with goons was archeage

I'm sorry.

4th Horseman
Jun 3, 2011

leStrom posted:

Pandemic horde is recruiting, it's very welcoming no paper pushing bs, just app, join, blow poo poo up with other nerds whenever you want

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Arghy posted:

Also theta for loving life, drone space pioneers til the end! I remember trying to talk about current strategic objectives with them then realizing i was the only one who actually fought in theta. Everyone else was loving space industrialists while i wasted my earnings on T1 BB's to get alpha'd instantly because my name started with A.

Goonfleetdotcom posting hasn't been the same without you.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Still on the fence about re-joining mostly because I just remembered that oh wait, two accounts and oh poo poo one of them has my mining alt and isk on it. Legit request, can someone tell me if the ship controls and UI have improved or not since 2008? Also can I still create safe spots? E: also is warp to gate back or not?

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

learnincurve posted:

Still on the fence about re-joining mostly because I just remembered that oh wait, two accounts and oh poo poo one of them has my mining alt and isk on it. Legit request, can someone tell me if the ship controls and UI have improved or not since 2008? Also can I still create safe spots? E: also is warp to gate back or not?

Can confirm warp to gate is a thing.

Daler Mehndi
Apr 10, 2005

Tunak Tunak Tun!

learnincurve posted:

Also can I still create safe spots?
I started playing after 2008, but creating safes is definitely easier now that they've introduced a shortcut key to drop bookmarks. Creating tactical bookmarks on-grid is easier to manage as well, since you can now turn on visible brackets that will show you exactly where the bookmarks are.

And if I'm not mistaken, being able to share bookmarks with your corp members is a new thing since 2008. There may also have been an overall increase in how many bookmarks can be saved.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Ctrl+B is the default hotkey to create a safespot bookmark.

leStrom
Jul 30, 2014
It seems I have certain skills of being an MMO HMO dumbass. It looks like back in 2009 the groons murdered me, how do I sign up?

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥

leStrom posted:

It seems I have certain skills of being an MMO HMO dumbass. It looks like back in 2009 the groons murdered me, how do I sign up?

After your reading your posting, you seem like a pretty unhinged dude and I'd rather you joined a group that doesn't have access to our voice comms.

Groon or Pandemic Horde would be a great fit.

leStrom
Jul 30, 2014

Voyager I posted:

After your reading your posting, you seem like a pretty unhinged dude and I'd rather you joined a group that doesn't have access to our voice comms.

Groon or Pandemic Horde would be a great fit.

The propaganda game is not my strong suit.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

leStrom posted:

The propaganda game is not my strong suit.

It doesn't seem like your strong suit is interacting with humans.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

pseudanonymous posted:

*makes a backseat moderation post*

Dr. Pangloss
Apr 5, 2014
Ask me about metaphysico-theologo-cosmolo-nigology. I'm here to help!

pseudanonymous posted:

:vince:

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

4th Horseman posted:

Pandemic horde is recruiting, it's very welcoming no paper pushing bs, just app, join, blow poo poo up with other nerds whenever you want

please join horde i love easy kills

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

*makes a backseat moderation post*

I'm sorry if it comes across that way, I guess what I'm really saying, as a valued member of the great goonswarm federation, is, I don't really think I would want to interact with this guy on comms or jabber or whatever. Granted I have no authority over who gets in, but these threads are like 90% + worthless opinions anyway, so I thought I'd give mine.

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011
Idt he was accusing you, I think he was making fun of all the "that's not very chill" posters

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

Rhymenoserous posted:

I did enjoy dominating GBS for a few weeks but the 'lon gets all my attention now because their gonna goonp with me and they just don't know it.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

Rhymenoserous posted:

Goonfleetdotcom posting has been going downhill ever since Jack "Jack Gates" Gates stopped posting :smith:

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

ChickenWing posted:

Goonfleetdotcom posting has been going downhill ever since Jack "Jack Gates" Gates stopped posting :smith:

he got deported

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
nice 'tar

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002