Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

gschmidl posted:

Step 2

Short answer: British.

Longer answer: The first stage is to pick the walnuts whilst they are still green and before the shells have set. Most recipes say that late June is about the best time to pick them. The soft walnuts are then soaked in brine (salt water) for at least ten days. The walnuts are then drained and left to dry in the air. Soaking the walnuts in brine causes a chemical reaction to take place and the walnuts turn dark brown to black in colour when exposed to sunlight. The now-black walnuts are then placed into jars and a pickling solution poured over them. This can vary from a straightforward pickling vinegar to a solution containing spices and sugar. The walnuts are sealed and then left in the jars for anywhere between five days and eight weeks depending on which recipe is followed.

I'm so tired, I read brine as urine and just went along because of course, why not. Boy piss eggs exist, why not piss walnuts.

As you do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

:randno:

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Bogus Adventure posted:

Keep the recipe, but change the name to charred KKK crackers

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
"what am I to do with all this leftover cake?"

*A racism happens*

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

KKKake

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo
No thanks on the Racism Cake but I could go for some Sex Bread

https://twitter.com/erik_kaars/status/1163035784221511680

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/tedx_mindset/status/1051792103288725506?s=21

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

bloom posted:

No thanks on the Racism Cake but I could go for some Sex Bread

https://twitter.com/erik_kaars/status/1163035784221511680

That advise seems fishy

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Wyfe why doth yon fish taste lyke pennies?

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Didſt thou bake yon ſmall paſtries?

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

quote:

Kazakhstan, a vast and sparsely populated nation in Central Asia, is growing its camel herds by mating two-humped and one-humped camels, producing hybrids that are hardy to cold like Bactrian breeds, while producing copious milk like dromedaries.

Demand for the animals is driven by the improbable rise in popularity of a fermented camel milk drink known as shubat. It also stems from a push by the government to develop agriculture and diversify the economy away from oil; the Kazakh Ministry of Agriculture provides loans to farmers to expand the hybrid herds.

Shubat, the fermented camel milk drink, is prized for being highly probiotic, not to mention a little bit alcoholic.

“If you let the milk sit for two weeks it becomes shubat all by itself,” Ms. Uteniyazova, the milkmaid, said cheerily. The milk is said to “stand up” and become the drink as it fizzes and curdles.

For longtime shubat drinkers, determining the number of humps on the camel that produced the milk is easy, because Bactrian milk is more fatty than dromedary milk. The closer the hybrid to Bactrian, the richer the milk. Which is better is a question of taste.

“This is not so good,” complained Sakin Murabayev, a bus driver at a highway rest stop in western Kazakhstan where shubat is served, after downing a pint and wiping the milky mustache from his upper lip. He preferred, he said, milk from breeds closer to Bactrian.

To be sure, a glass of shubat of any type, with its sour tang and mysterious globs of milk fat, can be difficult for the uninitiated to get down. But it is undeniably popular in Kazakhstan, creating demand for the crossbred camel herds.

Mr. Murabayev offered advice on storing the drink. “If you leave it out, it will start to bubble and you cannot drink it,” he said.

But rather than throwing it out, this extra-ripe shubat can be blended with fresh camel milk, thus yielding more shubat after a few days. “Then you can drink it.”

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

The only time milk should be alcoholic is in a White Russian or a Toasted Almond.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

DiggityDoink posted:

The only time milk should be alcoholic is in a White Russian or a Toasted Almond.

:colbert:

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

TotalLossBrain posted:

tag yourself. I'm the sack'o'sauce

bit late but I'm the murder mannequin mom with the silver platter of un-bunned weiners in a bed of lettuce because I don't understand how food works because I'm a loving murder mannequin

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.

Maybe this is a pre cook clay roast? I mean yeah, looks like a massive turd covered in raw vegetables though.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

I don't know about heaven, but this will definitely send you straight to hell

This is something I need right now

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Ratloaf again?

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Favorite Recipes from the Saltiest Kitchens

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo

You regretting it

Null of Undefined
Aug 4, 2010

I have used 41 of 300 characters allowed.

This reads like a threat

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8Ne9sRcSrM

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Trump half should be "none left beef".

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

My Lovely Horse posted:

Trump half should be "none left beef".

None beef left my wife

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

I really can't figure out what this is supposed to be

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Chicken not pie

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It's a chicken pie

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Brawnfire posted:

Chicken not pie

It's definitely lacking the vegetables and whatnot to make it anything other than a "chicken" filled hockey puck

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
It's gotta have some sort of gravy and KFC gravy is some of the nastiest poo poo ever. Even the Colonel apparently hated it.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Wallpaper paste!!!

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
"Chicken!"
- Pot Pie

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
All natural chicken? No, fillers and preservatives.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
14 year old "fussy eater" goes blind after eating nothing but french fries, pringles, white bread, and processed pork for years

https://annals.org/aim/article-abstract/2749497/blindness-caused-junk-food-diet

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
wait, there's been a mistake.

quote:

https://twitter.com/JTX_TV/status/1168740165545811968

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Must be the Rat Earl of Bread, the cousin to the Rat King of Dunkin Donuts

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

Iron Crowned posted:

I really can't figure out what this is supposed to be

It's a KFC zinger pie from :australia: