Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
Are the Raiders actually playing in Oakland this year? I assumed they would ditch that city faster than the Rams left St. Louis, though I have no idea where they could actually sell enough tickets to make money in Vegas this season. If they're playing in Oakland then I guess I could see why Marshawn would want to come out of retirement since he would likely never have the opportunity to play for his hometown crowd ever again. But if they're moving to Vegas before the season starts then wtf is the point?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Inspector 34 posted:

Are the Raiders actually playing in Oakland this year? I assumed they would ditch that city faster than the Rams left St. Louis, though I have no idea where they could actually sell enough tickets to make money in Vegas this season. If they're playing in Oakland then I guess I could see why Marshawn would want to come out of retirement since he would likely never have the opportunity to play for his hometown crowd ever again. But if they're moving to Vegas before the season starts then wtf is the point?

They're playing in Oakland for 2017 and 2018

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
I bet the fans are going to give them a graceful, heartfelt goodbye.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Inspector 34 posted:

Well they'll save the city some money on demolition costs for the coliseum, that's for sure.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Inspector 34 posted:

it's going to be like the end of the recent star trek when they played the beastie boys and the legion of ugly space orcs tore themselves to bits

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
A whole lot of people severely overrating Sherman

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.
I guess it's time to retire the the Blount Force Trauma jokes,

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/04/06/legarrette-blount-give-me-some-money/

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Shut the gently caress up

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0bf1jocbm2M

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

SHOAH NUFF posted:

rude but fair

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

SHOAH NUFF posted:

Lead by example

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Why haven't you sucked my dick yet Metapod, the flirting is getting old

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

Wonder if the Lions have done anything today...

SHOAH NUFF posted:

Why haven't you sucked my dick yet Metapod, the flirting is getting old

hmmm, alright then.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Amy Pole Her posted:

A whole lot of people severely overrating Sherman

E: This discussion is unnecessarily crossing over threads.

John Brown fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Apr 6, 2017

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Dude you have to phrase it as a condescending question

"You know how to suck a dick right Meta? Even someone as dumb as you can do it. Maybe you can suck mine!"

Except in this case I love Meta

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Knowing how to suck a dick is a valuable skill and can get you out of a variety of situations

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

SHOAH NUFF posted:

Knowing how to suck a dick is a valuable skill and can get you out of a variety of situations

??

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
ehh that was not consensual! I'm talking about some buds having fun after some pickup basketball or something

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

SHOAH NUFF posted:

And necessary if you want a high powered career.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HYJCHoEDNgs

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000
We have a chat thread, use it.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
The Rams signed Nickell Robey-Coleman from the Bills and Carlos Thompson from the Texans. I guess a Trumaine Johnson trade is pretty much dead at this point as well.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

DariusLikewise posted:

The Rams signed Nickell Robey-Coleman from the Bills and Carlos Thompson from the Texans. I guess a Trumaine Johnson trade is pretty much dead at this point as well.
NRB is pretty good, but he's also a midget. He'll do well as long as he's kept away from TEs and large receivers. Basically, he's exactly what his name suggests he is: a nickel back.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Eagles sign preseason super star Moxie "Matt" McGloin

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Blitz7x posted:

Eagles sign preseason super star Moxie "Matt" McGloin

He's awfully close to scranton, his source of power. Look out wentz

Hawzy
Dec 13, 2002

http://www.seattletimes.com/sports/seahawks/seahawks-sign-lsu-track-star-cyril-grayson-as-a-receiver/

Can't teach speed, baby.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

5'9", 178 lbs...woof

Dude better be fast, if they catch him he goin' die

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

weird Asian candy posted:

5'9", 178 lbs...woof

Dude better be fast, if they catch him he goin' die

That's like Trindon Holliday right? Those tiny dudes never work out except for like, Desean Jackson.

Wait Nevermind, Trindon Holliday was 5'5"! drat. Can't be many NFL players who have been shorter than that.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

That's like Trindon Holliday right? Those tiny dudes never work out except for like, Desean Jackson.

Wait Nevermind, Trindon Holliday was 5'5"! drat. Can't be many NFL players who have been shorter than that.

AB is 5'10" 190lbs, but was like 180 at time of draft

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

According to this he is the shortest since 1990. Or was in 2013.

Check out Mark McMillian who was playing NFL football at a buck 54 if that's correct.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

AB is 5'10" 190lbs, but was like 180 at time of draft

Unfortunately he didn't use the same bulking up routine as Jon Baldwin and AJ Jenkins

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

haha, yeah and he was 169 lbs. I didn't realize he is that tiny...the Muggsy Bogues of the NFL

He is only 2" taller than Muggsy! :stare:

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

New 49er Tim Hightower was assigned #21, Frank Gore's old number, but he says he doesn't want it because it deserves to be retired.

He's a class act.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
Why in the gently caress would they assign him 21 jesus Niners

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

He usually wears #34, but that's a retired number in SF (Joe Perry), so I guess the team's brand new equipment manager decided to just give him the next one available without really thinking it through, most likely.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Hot take incoming, retiring jerseys is a poo poo tradition

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Make a rule requiring teams retire positions instead

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

GonadTheBallbarian posted:

Make a rule requiring teams retire positions instead

Poor Jimmy G

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Blitz7x posted:

Additionally, Frank Gore doesn't deserve it.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Blitz7x posted:

What about Jackie Robinson's number?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Spring Break My Heart posted:

Additionally, Frank Gore doesn't deserve it.

are you literally a retarded person? I have to ask before I roast you on the internet.

• Locked thread