Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Sanctum posted:

Christmas trees!
BC2 has a lot more snipers than any of us would like on our team. The ones on the enemy team aren't so much of an issue, but you can hear their impotent rage when you run around. That's because snipers can't hit you if you keep moving, yeah they're pretty much worthless. So spawn as an assault and shoot tracer darts into snipers on your team while they try to be all stealthy. They need to be stealthy or other snipers will shoot them first, but don't worry you're not sitting still so enemy snipers are no real threat to you. Tracer darts, intended to mark enemy armor, will stick to people for 45s and have a blinking red light. The luminosity actually stacks so if you put 3x tracers on one sniper he will be more than plainly visible from across the map. So painfully visible it becomes annoying to everyone, people will hunt that fucker down if they have to.
The best part is that if you get up-close and stick it to their face it will obscure their vision for the duration of the dart's life. It also draws rockets, although I don't know if enemies can home in on your dart.

I'd invite you to do Scorched Earth on our server but our admins got burnt out on Rush and we switched to Conquest.

Shumagorath fucked around with this message at 03:18 on Apr 13, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
I posted this in the MW2 thread, but this is what happens when you call someone a baby for ragequitting:

Jzmisgoo
Sep 15, 2007

Jzm IS goo!!
I've recently started to play Gmod again just because I know that there are plenty of dumb people that will will rage over anything.

The Dumbest Recruits

A couple of my buds and I have taken to joining terrible "Roleplay" servers and just dick around in them. Most recently we joined a Starship Troopers RP where you were just on a stupid space ship until the admin feels like changing the map to Klendathu to kill some bugs (Never happens). Some of us wanted to start a deli on the ship so we went to the cafeteria and started to spawn some meat and stuff to sell, since gmod only has 2 actual food items we had to improvise and spawned some zombie and headcrab meat. Apparently this was breaking RP standards because we were spawing dead people and "control bugs" to eat. We got into a long drawn out argument that we were just making a deli and that there were no meat items we used our imagination to make some meat. USING YOUR IMAGINATION ON A ROLEPLAY SERVER IS %100 NOT ALLOWED! And were told that we needed to learn the basics of roleplay from some dude. He told us to meet him at the hangar for some training and told us to line up against the wall. He only got to say one thing about roleplay until we started to make him angry, "IC (In Character) and OOC (Out of Character) are two different things" we started to argue semantics about how we were roleplaying more efficiantly then they were and how spawning a dead body fit with theme of the RP. We were doing this for about 10 minutes until the dude got pissed off and killed all us. We told the admin that he killed us for no reason and the guy was punished to babysit us some more. After RP class we were called up to do some gun training, the same guy just spawned some things to shoot at and gave us our guns. After everyone got their guns he went told us to start practicing. Well I was just so darn angry at the bugs that I went up to the targets and started to punch the poo poo out of them. I promptly died from everyone else. This was a HUGE disaster for the guy because of his incompetence a man died during a live firing practice (hey kind of like the movie). The admin, who was a high ranking officer, pretty much told the dude to get out and never come back because he was so bad at doing anything. and the other guy just shot everyone and disconnected.

The Dumbest Traitors

An actual fun gamemode for gmod is "Trouble in Terrorist Town". It's pretty much Clue the video game, where there are a bunch of innocents and a few traitors, where the traitors have to kill all the innocents and the innocents have to kill the traitors. The gimmick is that no one knows who's who so you have to deduce who are traitors and who are innocent by examining dead bodies and stuff. Or you could cool like us and just kill anyone who acts suspicious and blame it on someone else like us. every round we would find each other and roam around as a death squad and kill anyone who was unlucky enough to be caught alone with us. And if any of us were the traitor we would go and help the traitors by starting a random gunfight to throw the others off.

Another fun thing to do is just be super retarded, like this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lBWlkpcAiA

A funny Gmod griefing video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YORX7FXHn4c&feature=related

Jzmisgoo fucked around with this message at 17:02 on Apr 7, 2010

Zenodice
Mar 16, 2005
Oderint Dum Metuant

Jzmisgoo posted:

What's with the crazy colors on heads and see through textures?

I found one of those Trouble In Terrorist Town servers... the mod is loving hilarious, people rage SO hard.

Zenodice fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Apr 7, 2010

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc
Reminds me of the old Starcraft:Brood War "FF VII Mystery" User made map. One or two people start off with a dark templar and a civilian and try to kill everyone else. If they succeed, then everyone else (who also had civilians) guesses who the "sephiroth" was. If they're right they hunt him down and blow him up.

Needless to say, you can turn this into a spergy rage-fit and witch hunt with minimal effort.

Trainmonk
Jul 4, 2007

Cannon_Fodder posted:

Reminds me of the old Starcraft:Brood War "FF VII Mystery" User made map. One or two people start off with a dark templar and a civilian and try to kill everyone else. If they succeed, then everyone else (who also had civilians) guesses who the "sephiroth" was. If they're right they hunt him down and blow him up.

Needless to say, you can turn this into a spergy rage-fit and witch hunt with minimal effort.

Is the mystery what FF7 has to do with anything?

A Nice Boy
Feb 13, 2007

First in, last out.

Zenodice posted:

What's with the crazy colors on heads and see through textures?

I found one of those Trouble In Terrorist Town servers... the mod is loving hilarious, people rage SO hard.

I thought the dude was wallhacking.

KillRoy
Dec 28, 2004
I many not go down in history but I'll go down on you sister.
Age of Conan was a fairly lovely game but was awesome for griefing for the first 20 levels or so. We'd roll on a PVP server that let you PK anyone outside of the starting area. There were a couple things we would do.

The ol' bait and switch.

We'd get one of us to roll some generic character and we'd power them up to level 10 or so. Then we'd go down to the Underhalls starting area.We'd send out our little weakling to engage some mobs or just run around looking defenseless. A lot of griefers would unstealth and start to attack him when he was vulnerable. Then 5or 6 of us (all level 20 or so) would also unstealth and proceed to one shot the attempted ganker.

KILLROY CAST MU-MU-MU-MULTIPLY

This one got the best reactions. Me and 4 friends all made the exact same character. Same facial structure, body type, stats, etc. Then we'd name one of them "KillRoy" and the rest would be "KillRoy Multiple 1-3". We'd level up and made sure we had the exact same gear and weapons so we'd be indistinguisable aside from our names. Then I'd go running around the starting area islands looking for would be gankers. Sure enough some would come along and try and gank me. I'd flail around helplessly and almost die then I'd send the ganker a PM saying " KillRoy begins to cast...MU MU MU MULTIPLY!!!" Then all the clones de-stealth around and start to kill the ganker. We got so many messages like " Barbarians don't have that spell what the gently caress" " loving hackers what is this poo poo" "What tree is that this is bullshit" . It was awesome to suddenly see 4 identical clones appear and just tear people apart. We did this to so many people that one of the admins showed and asked us what we were doing. When we explained that we hadn't actually hacked anything and that we were just loving around they'd laugh and go away. It was awesome almost made that 50 bucks I spend on that piece of poo poo game worth it.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

KillRoy posted:

Age of Conan was a fairly lovely game but was awesome for griefing for the first 20 levels or so.
I thought the best grief in AoC was kicking people off of cliffs with your horse.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-rl3RPC_Mw

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Sanctum posted:

Scorched earth
Goon ZephroDyne had the genius idea of using C4 to blow up all trees while defending on forest or jungle maps. This is perhaps the best misuse of destructible physics in the game, with a little dedication you can turn a map filled with trees meant to provide cover for the attackers into a cratered wasteland.

With no cover for attackers, rather than making a futile charge over the open ground they all decide to snipe. Seriously like 90% of the enemy team will be sniping when you are done deforesting a map, and with no one actually attacking they are guaranteed to lose. But not before I blow up every piece of cover available for my team, piece by piece, until three snipers are huddled under the last tree (painfully loving obvious, one tree left standing gee I think I'll hide next to it). Then I blow that tree up too. :v:

Really a great way to say gently caress the other team, gently caress my team, gently caress everyone. I'm going to ruin this map. This is the only thing I have done that has actually gotten me kicked from a server.

Are you, by chance, a fan of Monty Python?

tv iv is nerds
Feb 26, 2006

by angerbot
My favorite part of the video is when the AFK guy does a complete 180 and headshots the CT

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BY6TIKKqW1M

have some more vids:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBePwzX7htI&feature=related

tv iv is nerds fucked around with this message at 07:05 on Apr 8, 2010

Nerdlord Actual
Apr 14, 2007

Awaken to your true self with Wisconsin Potatoes
Grimey Drawer

:psyduck: Does it ever occur to people to just find another server? Instead of reciting slurs?

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

Phuzzy posted:

:psyduck: Does it ever occur to people to just find another server? Instead of reciting slurs?

Hell no, most of those guys are just waiting to show off how they can say 'human being' and 'friend of the family' without anyone knowing who they are in real life (but not too loud because their mom is asleep in the other room)

Grandmother of Five
May 9, 2008

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money. I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.
I was gonna post this in the "stupid rules that people make in games"-thread, but realized it probably fit in here better. So here it is.

Fallout Tactics

This game was completely unbalanced and really did require some modding or rulesets in order for good multiplayer, and messing with people was just too easy. Basically, other than playing the game as squad combat, there were 2 pretty distinct camps with a bunch of different rulesets and mods.

One camp wanted to build a single über-character, allowing only each player to control one character. It would pretty much boil down to having as high a damage resistance as possible by using certain combat drugs, as well as having as high a critical hit chance as possible, to be able to bypass the 95 % damage resistances that everyone had. Using an energy, explosive or flame weapon, which would bypass the damage resistance given by drugs was bannsed, making for games where it comes down to identical characters trying to be the first one to roll a critical hit, bypassing damage resistance. Thse games played out with the two opposing sides applying their combat drugs and then running straight up next to each other and then just hoping for criticals. Exciting.

You could actually die from overdosing, and since upping your damage resistance and critical hit chance with drugs was what it was all about, pretty much everyone took exactly as many drugs as they could at the beginning of a match without overdosing. So if you were to run up to an enemy and use a normally beneficial combat drug on him, he'd pretty much die instantly to an overdose. You'd get kicked after the game though.

The other camp was the roleplayers, who would generally load up some Free For All map and then everyone was expected to set their characters in non-agressive mode and just mill about and talk about what a harsh place the wastland is. Not that Fallout roleplaying strikes me as especially stupid, but why roleplay in Fallout Tactics? The game is just so ill suited for it that it that it is retarded, and with a million rules about staying in-character and never attacking player characters. It is like deciding to play ball in the street. Playing ball rules, but there is just no way that you can't realize that you'll get your poo poo wrecked.

I joined a couple of roleplaying games like that with a dog character, which was initally thought to be prett original, (you could chose races like, Human, Ghouls, Deathclaw, Robots, but everyone picked humans). After game launch, you get to select characters based on a point limit set by the host, but you only got few points to create your character for in these games, in order to make sure that people joined without any weapons and hosed up the roleplay by killing players, as it would require a restart to get the dead back. Well, a dog only costs 25 points compared to the 100 of a human, so you'd get at least 75 points to spend on weapons, depending on how restrictive the point limit was set by the host.

A dog could carry 1 item without becoming immobile, making them unable to bring in a bunch of stuff to use even with the +75 points to spare, however, although ammo and an item counted for two seperate items, making you immobile as a dog, if you loaded your weapon in-game, and only brought an amount of ammunition so that you'd have no spare in your inventory after loading your weapon, then you didn't become immobile. If you knew this ammo-loading trick you could have a dog that used an unarmed weapon that required ammo, specifically you could grab a powerfist and enough ammo for it to kill 10-20 people. It was even more fun when I learned that a dog could actually use TNT and other explosives, as they're timed and not shot like most others weapons. You could only carry one piece without becoming immobile, but with the low point limit on the RPG games, people would have low level characters, and you'd be able to suicide bomb them, or even place the ticking TNT in their inventory by using the steal skill, if you got lucky. It came to the point where you could join a RPG game as a dog and people would run away, assuming you were gonna suicide bomb, so they tried to keep their distance for when the TNT goes off, and you'd just never start the clock and since there was no way to kick or ban a player other than in the lobby, you'd chase a tiny rpg village around the map untill you got bored or they restarted the game.

Zenodice
Mar 16, 2005
Oderint Dum Metuant

7u880y posted:

Fallout Tactics: Jihad Dog

loving gold man.... that's the kind of griefing I like to see.

After reading the posts above about the GMOD game mode called Trouble in Terrorist Town I set off to cause havoc there.

It's actually pretty surprising how much damage you can do even as an innocent person by dropping props on people and/or sowing seeds of malcontent throughout the other players.

The game mode pretty much griefs itself, it's amazing.

InstantInfidel
Jan 9, 2010

BEST :10bux: I EVER SPENT
If you have BF:BC2 (I've done this on Xbox but same principles apply to PC) and can get a friend or 2 (hah, goons having friends) in on it, all of you need to take any class with C4 (see where this is going?) and put on Extra Explosives and Improved Explosions. This branches now:

DEFENDERS: If defending, you and your buddies put all your C4 on the crates and force your team's base back without the attacked ever doing anything.

ATTACKERS: A little more tricky, and you may've read this online, but put all your C4 on one side of the UAV helicopter (you and the C4 of the other buddy not flying), and have the third guy fly it right next to their crate. This should also blow it up, so you can win the game without ever leaving your base. Like a real military would do.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

InstantInfidel posted:

ATTACKERS: A little more tricky, and you may've read this online, but put all your C4 on one side of the UAV helicopter (you and the C4 of the other buddy not flying), and have the third guy fly it right next to their crate. This should also blow it up, so you can win the game without ever leaving your base. Like a real military would do.
This doesn't work since every sniper and his dog has an M95 by now and will take the UAV out in one shot.

InstantInfidel
Jan 9, 2010

BEST :10bux: I EVER SPENT

Shumagorath posted:

This doesn't work since every sniper and his dog has an M95 by now and will take the UAV out in one shot.

Works fine if there's cover you can fly behind most of the time, and if you're capable of changing altitude, you can juke and dodge enough they have to be really good or really lucky to hit you.

Massive_Idiot
Jun 21, 2007

Receiving data bursts, everything to do with it.

Jzmisgoo posted:

I've recently started to play Gmod again just because I know that there are plenty of dumb people that will will rage over anything.

The Dumbest Recruits

A couple of my buds and I have taken to joining terrible "Roleplay" servers and just dick around in them. Most recently we joined a Starship Troopers RP where you were just on a stupid space ship until the admin feels like changing the map to Klendathu to kill some bugs (Never happens). Some of us wanted to start a deli on the ship so we went to the cafeteria and started to spawn some meat and stuff to sell, since gmod only has 2 actual food items we had to improvise and spawned some zombie and headcrab meat. Apparently this was breaking RP standards because we were spawing dead people and "control bugs" to eat. We got into a long drawn out argument that we were just making a deli and that there were no meat items we used our imagination to make some meat. USING YOUR IMAGINATION ON A ROLEPLAY SERVER IS %100 NOT ALLOWED! And were told that we needed to learn the basics of roleplay from some dude. He told us to meet him at the hangar for some training and told us to line up against the wall. He only got to say one thing about roleplay until we started to make him angry, "IC (In Character) and OOC (Out of Character) are two different things" we started to argue semantics about how we were roleplaying more efficiantly then they were and how spawning a dead body fit with theme of the RP. We were doing this for about 10 minutes until the dude got pissed off and killed all us. We told the admin that he killed us for no reason and the guy was punished to babysit us some more. After RP class we were called up to do some gun training, the same guy just spawned some things to shoot at and gave us our guns. After everyone got their guns he went told us to start practicing. Well I was just so darn angry at the bugs that I went up to the targets and started to punch the poo poo out of them. I promptly died from everyone else. This was a HUGE disaster for the guy because of his incompetence a man died during a live firing practice (hey kind of like the movie). The admin, who was a high ranking officer, pretty much told the dude to get out and never come back because he was so bad at doing anything. and the other guy just shot everyone and disconnected.

The Dumbest Traitors

An actual fun gamemode for gmod is "Trouble in Terrorist Town". It's pretty much Clue the video game, where there are a bunch of innocents and a few traitors, where the traitors have to kill all the innocents and the innocents have to kill the traitors. The gimmick is that no one knows who's who so you have to deduce who are traitors and who are innocent by examining dead bodies and stuff. Or you could cool like us and just kill anyone who acts suspicious and blame it on someone else like us. every round we would find each other and roam around as a death squad and kill anyone who was unlucky enough to be caught alone with us. And if any of us were the traitor we would go and help the traitors by starting a random gunfight to throw the others off.

Beautiful, I've also had some fun with the pubbies on garrysmod. They can't get enough of me.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Jzmisgoo posted:

The Dumbest Recruits

The Dumbest Traitors

I... will make sure you die

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Jzmisgoo posted:

I want to ask what the other mod is in the first video, but somehow I know it has a community of tactilol idiots like Project Reality.

Are those all just texture hacks? Doesn't VAC protect against those?

Blarticus
Dec 7, 2004

And maybe there's no peace in this world, for us or for anyone else... I don't know.
But I do know that, as long as we live, we must remain true to ourselves.

Trainmonk posted:

Is the mystery what FF7 has to do with anything?

the little templar guy you play as is super powerful and does lots of damage with a sword, suonds like sephiroth to me

Blarticus
Dec 7, 2004

And maybe there's no peace in this world, for us or for anyone else... I don't know.

Shumagorath posted:

texture hacks are one of the things that VAC can't do anything about

Kelson
Jan 23, 2005

Blarticus posted:

texture hacks are one of the things that VAC can't do anything about
That's not entirely true, but the attackers/hackers have the advantage of just needing to find a way VAC can't (currently) see then use it. VAC needs to find all the possible ways and lock them down; it (to no fault of its own) can obviously not lock every approach. It just makes them trickier. VAC does detect quite a few naive texture hacks, but it isn't invulnerable/impermeable. The same goes for aimbots, wallhacks, sound sensing, etc.

Blarticus
Dec 7, 2004

yes vac could theoretically do whatever it wants but the same basic types of texture hacks from the earliest days of TF2 still work just fine, and they work in L4D/L4D2 and probably every other source game, despite them being more than publicly available, maybe this is just leading up to the biggest, most "delayed" ban ever but i kinda doubt it

Jzmisgoo
Sep 15, 2007

Jzm IS goo!!

Shumagorath posted:

I want to ask what the other mod is in the first video, but somehow I know it has a community of tactilol idiots like Project Reality.

The mod is Neotokyo, it is pretty terrible.

Greedish
Nov 5, 2009

what does this say
i don't even know
help
VAC only detects .dll injections, texture hacks are, for all intents and purposes, just mods. Like a custom skin, only used for cheating.

Kelson
Jan 23, 2005

Blarticus posted:

yes vac could theoretically do whatever it wants but the same basic types of texture hacks from the earliest days of TF2 still work just fine, and they work in L4D/L4D2 and probably every other source game, despite them being more than publicly available, maybe this is just leading up to the biggest, most "delayed" ban ever but i kinda doubt it

I wouldn't say it only detects DLL injection (substantially more), but it does not ban for texture hacks (which I was unaware of):

Steam Support posted:

The following will not trigger a VAC ban:
* Using chat programs like X-Fire
* Playing multi-player mods which do not modify core .EXE and .DLL files
* System hardware configurations
* Updated system drivers, such as video card drivers
* Using custom skins, sounds or maps
Nifty!

Greedish
Nov 5, 2009

what does this say
i don't even know
help
There's a VAC-undetectable hack for Modern Warfare 2 that reads what DirectX is rendering and uses that to make an overlay on top of the win7/vista aero interface and make aimbot calculations, it's genius

objectively bad
Nov 11, 2006

ABANDONS HIS FRIENDS
I've heard that in modern warfare 2 if someone using a texture hack is picked to be host noone else will be able to connect to them and it'll give an error message saying "<whatever their texture hack file is called> is not the same as host" (or something along those lines) and just go back to lobby.

Although MW2 is the only game this could possibly happen in because IWnet was actually planned to be so terrible, it's infinity ward griefing millions of gamers everywhere.

Hydrogen Oxide
Jan 16, 2006
H2Woah
A VAC disabler has been available for MW2 for quite awhile now I do believe, so anything goes.
edit: I read a bit more about that trouble in terrorist town gmod game mode. Why the hell doesn't everyone just sit in a big giant group and wait for the traitors to start shooting? It seems like there's nothing discouraging it.

Hydrogen Oxide fucked around with this message at 05:08 on Apr 14, 2010

Elgar
Mar 12, 2005
Hey guys, what is going on I don't understand.

KillRoy posted:

Age of Conan was a fairly lovely game but was awesome for griefing for the first 20 levels or so. We'd roll on a PVP server that let you PK anyone outside of the starting area. There were a couple things we would do.

The ol' bait and switch.

We'd get one of us to roll some generic character and we'd power them up to level 10 or so. Then we'd go down to the Underhalls starting area.We'd send out our little weakling to engage some mobs or just run around looking defenseless. A lot of griefers would unstealth and start to attack him when he was vulnerable. Then 5or 6 of us (all level 20 or so) would also unstealth and proceed to one shot the attempted ganker.

KILLROY CAST MU-MU-MU-MULTIPLY

This one got the best reactions. Me and 4 friends all made the exact same character. Same facial structure, body type, stats, etc. Then we'd name one of them "KillRoy" and the rest would be "KillRoy Multiple 1-3". We'd level up and made sure we had the exact same gear and weapons so we'd be indistinguisable aside from our names. Then I'd go running around the starting area islands looking for would be gankers. Sure enough some would come along and try and gank me. I'd flail around helplessly and almost die then I'd send the ganker a PM saying " KillRoy begins to cast...MU MU MU MULTIPLY!!!" Then all the clones de-stealth around and start to kill the ganker. We got so many messages like " Barbarians don't have that spell what the gently caress" " loving hackers what is this poo poo" "What tree is that this is bullshit" . It was awesome to suddenly see 4 identical clones appear and just tear people apart. We did this to so many people that one of the admins showed and asked us what we were doing. When we explained that we hadn't actually hacked anything and that we were just loving around they'd laugh and go away. It was awesome almost made that 50 bucks I spend on that piece of poo poo game worth it.

This is really awesome.

I'm just a human being in BFBC2 and I shoot down the chopper when I can't get it teamkilling. The best is when they don't realize it's me I then act outraged and then they proceed to teamkill anyone else getting in the chopper while I go steal the enemy chopper.

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug
It was really hard to grief in City of Heroes. Yet somehow we were known as "those darn griefing goons". I have a lot of griefing stories from that game, but only time to type out one right now.

There was only ever one raid in that game, again Hamidon, which was a giant cell. It was a lovely encounter in a game if there ever was one. It was open to anyone level 45-50 who could make it into the public zone, which could handle up to 200 people before spawning another instance. It also dropped the only loot worth anything. The Goonsquad worked with a pubbie group to log the first kill on the server without using exploits that were patched out when they bumped the level cap.

This raid was boring as gently caress. On a good day it could be done in half an hour. Under pubbie leadership it usually went for two hours, although at one point there was one that lasted 22 or 32 hours, something obscene, due to ineptitude. It required anywhere from 50-70 people to start it, since Hamidon required a dedicated tank, healers for that dedicated tank, and the healspam bubble.

So what the goons mostly did was sit on Goon Rock just outside Hamidon's range, mock the pubbies in the public chat channels they used (which drove them INSANE), mock each other and do the boombox emote, which, thanks to modding, played real mp3s instead of lovely generic stuff originally in the game.

We gained quite a reputation for griefing these raids. Someone on the official forums said it was really hard to lead one of these loving things and challenged the goons to lead one. Of course that meant griefing opportunity. We insisted on everyone doing jumping jacks beforehand and other emotes and the pubbies were extremely suspicious. A few of the loudmouths showed up to watch us fail. We didn't have nearly enough people but we decided to give it a shot anyway. We all ran in and died almost instantly.

But then something magical happened. The server lagged, booted us and when everyone logged in Hamidon was gone. We were all on Ventrillo and went nuts. We all claimed that we did this on purpose, that this was the Korean method, and that we all got this prized loot. We even had people not overtly associated with goons claim that they got rewards. This drove the pubbies even madder.

Now this was all well and good, but it turns out that a major bug was actually found that day. What actually happened was SHOVAR ROBOT, leader of the Space Robots, accidentally found out how to crash the zone. Hamidon had something like 40-50 organelles (being a giant cell) and could one or two shot anyone. If you were to revive yourself using what was essentially a revive potion, it would hammer you back to death before you got on your feet. What SHOVAR accidentally did was spam the revive potions. This confused the server, and unable to decide whether he was dead or alive, caused the zone to crash. Or something like that. When the zone crashed, Hamidon took something like 8 hours to respawn.

Now, being fed up with these stupid raids, the stupid pubbie drama and so on, myself and some of the other goons crashed the zone almost any time a raid was forming. The pubbies were mystified by this, but chalked it up to bad luck. Some suspected goon involvement, but they could never prove anything. It took at least a month, if not more, after we reported this bug for them to patch it out. There were very few raids during that time.

Novasol
Jul 27, 2006

Hydrogen Oxide posted:

A VAC disabler has been available for MW2 for quite awhile now I do believe, so anything goes.
edit: I read a bit more about that trouble in terrorist town gmod game mode. Why the hell doesn't everyone just sit in a big giant group and wait for the traitors to start shooting? It seems like there's nothing discouraging it.

Because the traitors, if they're smart, are going to take measures to get people to split up. They also have tools to do so, such as C4, and a radio which can be used to simulate the sound of an explosion or gunfire. Staying in one place too long is a good way to get blown up.

.TakaM
Oct 30, 2007

Anyone have that video of counterstrike where the dude was insanely good at bunny hopping, and the enemy team gets progressively more and more paranoid?

Vanguard Warden
Apr 5, 2009

I am holding a live frag grenade.

.TakaM posted:

Anyone have that video of counterstrike where the dude was insanely good at bunny hopping, and the enemy team gets progressively more and more paranoid?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYEyIGLRqW0

Full Circle
Feb 20, 2008

Jesus christ :pwn:

I SAID LISTEN
Jan 10, 2007
I don't *do* up.
Isn't he just hacking? A lot?

Full Circle
Feb 20, 2008

bunnyhopping isn't hacking and he doesn't seem to be using an aimbot/wallhack. Dude just plays a shitload of CS:S

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PopeOnARope
Jul 23, 2007

Hey! Quit touching my junk!

Full Circle posted:

Jesus christ :pwn:

I like how all the commentors are crying about him hacking / using scripts. You know, he could just be GOOD?

• Locked thread