Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

papa horny michael posted:

lmao Matt saying that this may be the trigger toward waking up democratic leaders toward fighting republicans ah hah hah

"i think guys like Schumer could be intimidated to some sort of action."

Matt said guys like Schumer could be intimidated to some sort of action IF their base (i.e. suburban boomers) demands it of them, starts acting like the republican base and declares a fatwa against the republican party. Of course thats unlikely but Matt said that entirely in the context of a what if scenario

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

Also the "In Electrical" part is a bit about Among Us, a somewhat trending video game that plays like Mafia or WereWolf.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

The Muppets On PCP posted:

every state's internal politics are incomprehensible to outsiders. mcgrath's just one of a half dozen or so conservative ex-troops who for whatever reason happen to know a ton of rich people that chuck schumer recruited for senate races across the country

he's kind of a schmuck but matt jones' interview with trillbillies a few months back he went into the process of meeting with schumer which tracks almost exactly with what a state senator in north carolina told a college class last year about his meeting with schumer and being discouraged from running. it's all a pyramid scheme to siphon money to the dscc who in turn doles it out to various consultants and vendors, hence the pod jons' recent push to give even more money to mcgrath (currently polling 15 points down) under the guise of getting rid of mcconnell
I don't know anything about KY politics, but the problem of DCCC candidates is nationwide. These candidates are hand-picked by the donors, and they filter for veterans and wealthy businesspeople who can self-fund, with token representation as a third priority. And the money they give to candidates comes with the condition that they spend most of it on ad-buys and consultants.

uber_stoat posted:

a podcaster person has died, one of the hosts of a show called "girls chat" which i've never listened to. anyway, a bunch of people are posting that Pritchard is, somehow, responsible for the death of this person. i don't know if they're sincere or if they're doing some super macabre shitposting, it's hosed up.
I remember I was going to check out Girls Chat because Don Hughes was a guest, and by that point it had imploded in some kind of drama. I always got the impression that the show was layers of meta-irony about being a SWERF Christian leftist podcast, so I could never make head or tail of it. Still can't. Anyway I hope Bad News Hughes had a good time.

Halloween Jack fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Sep 23, 2020

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

PostNouveau posted:

Important update from the Christman vlog: Matt is a big Cake fan.

If course he'd be into Cake, they're a band for people who don't actually like music

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
I think he brought it up on And Introducing or some other pod where he guested, that Cake was the first band he liked enough to actually listen through their albums.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Cake's a nerd band, so that tracks

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Also I have no evidence to back this up so no one sue me but they're absolutely sex criminals of some kind

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Crane Fist posted:

Also I have no evidence to back this up so no one sue me but they're absolutely sex criminals of some kind

One of the Minion Death Cult guys suggested the bassist was a major pedo

Parakeet vs. Phone
Nov 6, 2009

Halloween Jack posted:

I don't know anything about KY politics, but the problem of DCCC candidates is nationwide. These candidates are hand-picked by the donors, and they filter for veterans and wealthy businesspeople who can self-fund, with token representation as a third priority. And the money they give to candidates comes with the condition that they spend most of it on ad-buys and consultants.

That was a larger point of his talk on Trillbillies. He basically went to DCCC summer camp to hang out with the pool of potential candidates to get vetted under the guise of receiving important training for his potential future run. He was disgusted because they never once asked him what he believed or what he wanted to run on, instead the whole focus was on pulling money from donors and how to pick up focus tested positions. Really cold, cyncial and dark, if not surprising for anyone who's on here.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Heath posted:

One of the Minion Death Cult guys suggested the bassist was a major pedo

Good enough for me!

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

AnEdgelord posted:

Matt said guys like Schumer could be intimidated to some sort of action IF their base (i.e. suburban boomers) demands it of them, starts acting like the republican base and declares a fatwa against the republican party. Of course thats unlikely but Matt said that entirely in the context of a what if scenario

still not sure about that. schumer is old, he's not going to jeopardize his retirement (speaking gigs, consultancy, dnc bullshit position). if it comes down to a choice, he'd just take "early" retirement instead of trying to do anything.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Virgil calling in from Matt's old location.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Crane Fist posted:

well they are from sacramento

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

I been wantin to see a honkey dance.

Gripweed posted:

That's not the point of a metaphor. The point of a metaphor is to illustrate one thing by comparing it to another thing. In this case, Chris illustrated the state of the Democratic party after a clean sweep victory by comparing it to that universal experience of the post-college charity kegger hangover.

The post party hangover is the metaphor. The college charity kegger part doesn't change the metaphor in any meaningful way. Since when does using a metaphor mean it has to be a universal human experience? Are experienced sailors the only people who use or understand the phrase "show him the ropes"? Matt used the metaphor of "more musk under the bulls nose" or whatever it was, where is the universal human experience in that one?

THS
Sep 15, 2017

cake rules

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Crane Fist posted:

https://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/music/ex-cake-drummer-15-years-child-molestation-article-1.2031717

Evidently it was the drummer

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
why do you guys like this poo poo so much i just heard the host say the n word in the first 20 secs of this episode like how dont you turn this poo poo off the instant you hit play and how does it not fill you with aching shame

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

ArfJason posted:

why do you guys like this poo poo so much i just heard the host say the n word in the first 20 secs of this episode like how dont you turn this poo poo off the instant you hit play and how does it not fill you with aching shame

Tbf Nick was making fun of Bill Maher saying it

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

AnEdgelord posted:

Tbf Nick was making fun of Bill Maher saying it

Legit one of the hardest laughs I’ve ever had with the show.

miniscule12
Jan 8, 2020

HAHA YEAH HE PEED IN HIS OWN MOUTH I'M GONNA KEEP BRINGING IT UP.

chapo good

Stickfigure
Sep 4, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

n word better

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
https://twitter.com/sanjmovies/status/1308041880773550080?s=20

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

drat, got his rear end

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
lmfao this ep had them using slurs constantly. why do you guys listen to this?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
How about instead of giving them 5 6ers for the same lovely joke you just threadban them and save us, them, and you a lot more work?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Bust Rodd posted:

How about instead of giving them 5 6ers for the same lovely joke you just threadban them and save us, them, and you a lot more work?

Can the forums do thread-level banning? Or is it just "if we see you here, you're out"?

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
lol at Arf's rap sheet. That's dedication to the craft.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
Appreciate ArfJ's dedication to the craft of never having a good or funny post.

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Appreciate ArfJ's dedication to the craft of never having a good or funny post.

turn your monitor on

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Puppy Galaxy posted:

turn your monitor on

Oh no I don't even try my posts are just naturally bad.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

He's actually funny elsewhere not sure what he's doing here.

THS
Sep 15, 2017

prefect posted:

Can the forums do thread-level banning? Or is it just "if we see you here, you're out"?

the obvious solution is longer probs, i dont know what junpei’s deal is

coathat
May 21, 2007

He should be free to post

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Nothing gets past Sanj

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

prefect posted:

It’s the latter.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Sanj

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

Groovelord Neato posted:

He's actually funny elsewhere not sure what he's doing here.

Yeah I want to give him the benefit of the doubt but he's just making a million posts to lie about listening to a podcast.

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

Who caa-ares, we're all gonna die

It's the Beltway Garage

Mae
Aug 1, 2010

Supesudandi wa, kukan-nai no dandidesu

I’m glad Virgils back and in perfect wonk form, I was a little worried there’d be bad blood about him starting an adjacent political podcast

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Mae posted:

I’m glad Virgils back and in perfect wonk form, I was a little worried there’d be bad blood about him starting an adjacent political podcast

This Is Solidarity