Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eregos
Aug 17, 2006

A Reversal of Fortune, Perhaps?
My first ever God tier primal.

Re-rolled AD -> CHD and now I've got an item that's actually better than the top leaderboard Crusaders'!
I was gonna augment everything 85 this season, but for this item I've just gotta do 100. Anything less would just be wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

mewse posted:

The leveling performance of the different classes is all hosed up and they're not spending dev dollars trying to fix it when you can get powerleveled to 70 in 20 minutes.

Following up on this, I jumped back onto my Monk tonight and suddenly had no problem killing stuff and snowballed through a bunch of bounties and such and she's doing just dandy. :iiam: It might have literally come down to switching to a different resource builder. Either that or I just numbersed my way past the early hard speedbump.

John Murdoch fucked around with this message at 14:19 on Jan 2, 2018

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

This is my first season ever. I have a Sunwuko monk that can do GR95 comfortable enough but seems to not have the DPS to push higher. I'm at a bit of a loss on how to improve the character beyond a few more Caldesanns though it will be nigh on impossible to get a better amulet and rings than my current non-Ancient ones. Is 95 considered high? I'd like to be able to clear a 100.

https://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Mills-6466/hero/96717237

Mills fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Jan 3, 2018

totalnewbie
Nov 13, 2005

I was born and raised in China, lived in Japan, and now hold a US passport.

I am wrong in every way, all the damn time.

Ask me about my tattoos.
95 is pretty drat good. How quickly do you do it and do you have augmented gear? Augments are really necessary to push the upper echelons and often it's better to run lower rifts because it's so much faster.

GTJustin
Nov 24, 2010

Mills posted:

This is my first season ever. I have a Sunwuko monk that can do GR95 comfortable enough but seems to not have the DPS to push higher. I'm at a bit of a loss on how to improve the character beyond a few more Caldesanns though it will be nigh on impossible to get a better amulet and rings than my current non-Ancient ones. Is 95 considered high? I'd like to be able to clear a 100.

https://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Mills-6466/hero/96717237

Occy ring on your follower is mandatory, it's a 75-85% dmg buff when you're in the circle. I prefer templar for heals+spirit regen, throw tfury/occy ring/unity/templar token (upgrade yellow tokens from blacksmith till you get an invincibility one).

Gear wise I think you're fine, but I would roll your vengeful wind 10% dmg to life per hit. Drop the belt for a witching hour, Kyoshiro's Soul doesn't really do much since you only lose sweeping wind stacks when you don't attack mobs. Just get in the habit of tapping sweeping winds when you enter/leave new levels. I'd start looking for a unity ring on your monk, I think hardcore uses zodiac, softcore can go for more damage.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

GTJustin posted:

Occy ring on your follower is mandatory, it's a 75-85% dmg buff when you're in the circle. I prefer templar for heals+spirit regen, throw tfury/occy ring/unity/templar token (upgrade yellow tokens from blacksmith till you get an invincibility one).

Gear wise I think you're fine, but I would roll your vengeful wind 10% dmg to life per hit. Drop the belt for a witching hour, Kyoshiro's Soul doesn't really do much since you only lose sweeping wind stacks when you don't attack mobs. Just get in the habit of tapping sweeping winds when you enter/leave new levels. I'd start looking for a unity ring on your monk, I think hardcore uses zodiac, softcore can go for more damage.

The belt is helpful when you die on a boss. It can be a huge pain in the rear end to otherwise get your stacks back. But I suppose the answer is to never die.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

I switched to Kyoshiro just because I'm lazy on GR85 and below but I do have a Witching Hour (although at 32% CHD and 6% AS it could be improved).

Off the top of my head I clear GR85 in 5 minutes. I can do GR80 in 3 minutes. Something like that anyway. My attempt at GR96 had me reach the boss with 2 minutes to spare and I couldn't seem to down him, seemed like a huge buff over GR95.

The one thing I've noticed with this Vengeful Wind compared to my previous (which had 2800 damage listed instead of 3000, and CDR instead of AD) is that I do significantly more area damage but the cooldowns don't quite pop as often as I'd like (which is not a surprising effect given the stat change but it's actually quite noticeable which did surprise me).

I take your points regarding the Templar and his gear so I'll look at making changes there.

Thorg
Jan 1, 2007
Thorg hungry! Thorg want eat!
I've done a 102 in 13:30~ with slightly worse gear, but I have: 4 more 90 augments, slightly higher legendary gems (102 bane of the trapped, 95 stricken 98 zei's), 70~ more paragon, unity equipped, an 85% oculus ring on my templar (it's like having a second CoE Fire rotation), and life per hit on one of my weapons. I'm also using Kyoshiro's Soul because I'm lazy.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Thorg posted:

I've done a 102 in 13:30~ with slightly worse gear, but I have: 4 more 90 augments, slightly higher legendary gems (102 bane of the trapped, 95 stricken 98 zei's), 70~ more paragon, unity equipped, an 85% oculus ring on my templar (it's like having a second CoE Fire rotation), and life per hit on one of my weapons. I'm also using Kyoshiro's Soul because I'm lazy.

OK cool that is great to know. Do you find the LOH necessary? I saw GTJustin recommended it too. I have a hard time working out what 10% Damage on weapon actually translates to in game.

Thorg
Jan 1, 2007

Mills posted:

OK cool that is great to know. Do you find the LOH necessary? I saw GTJustin recommended it too. I have a hard time working out what 10% Damage on weapon actually translates to in game.

I think it's pretty helpful yeah. If you're surviving without it I guess you can hold off on using it.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

I took the re-roll costs on that weapon to 5 mio per roll to get the 10% damage, and passed up perfect CDR several times along the way which is what I had thought the alternative was going to be!

Office Thug
Jan 17, 2008

Luke Cage just shut you down!
I started this season a bit late, went Necromancer because hey I bought him but never tried him out. Got to around 68 and just gave up and switched to WD, I know the Necro is really good eventually but man he's painful right now. The season set for WD was Arachyr's which I already knew was a really loving good set, because firebats.

Boy am I glad I switched! Managed to find Channeling Shoulders around 40 and then a perfectly usable loving Bakuli belt at 61 which I could never even loving find the last season I played. As soon as I hit 70 I got the Traveler's set, and then got an ancient Chiro staff for speed-farming, and then just earlier I got an ancient Soul Harvester for GRs.

I just need to find a Vile Hive, Lakumba bracers, and Ring of Emptiness and I'm set to hit up at least GR 60 and start the slow grind to 70 to unlock those extra ancient drops or whatever.

GTJustin
Nov 24, 2010

Mills posted:

I took the re-roll costs on that weapon to 5 mio per roll to get the 10% damage, and passed up perfect CDR several times along the way which is what I had thought the alternative was going to be!

It's a good idea to check leaderboards for whatever class you're pushing. Ignore the 5000 paragon/120+augments on primal gear, but do take notice of the gear rolls. Life per hit is usually on a fist or bracers for SWK Monk, can't deal damage if you're dead all the time.

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

Back when I started playing, I never knew about adventure mode.
Which led to every session being a romp through story mode.

Ronnie
May 13, 2009

Just in case.

SmallpoxJenkins posted:

Back when I started playing, I never knew about adventure mode.
Which led to every session being a romp through story mode.

:sympathy:

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan

Mills posted:

My understanding is 10% damage , especially on just one weapon, is bad for dual wielding.

Ideal stats would be dex, cdr, ad, loh on both weapons. Then if you can’t do that then try To maximize CDR and AD while getting LOH on one weapon at least.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
The ecstasy of unlocking the first three tiers of season goodies for my monk, the agony of realizing I have a long way to go before I can even think of attempting a level 20 grift to get the final bunch.

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice
Doing the GR20 for chapter 4 really isn't that much of a stretch in difficulty beyond running regular T1 rifts.

Mob damage goes up, but its hp doesn't anywhere near as much.

It just seems more daunting than it really is.

mewse
May 2, 2006

Hobold posted:

Doing the GR20 for chapter 4 really isn't that much of a stretch in difficulty beyond running regular T1 rifts.

Mob damage goes up, but its hp doesn't anywhere near as much.

It just seems more daunting than it really is.

:agreed:

Also for monk specifically, abuse exploding palm with a slow 2h mace and you should get a GR20 down pretty quick

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
I mean, GR20 is the equivalent of T4, yeah? Knocking out Urzael and the Keywardens involved me kiting around and abusing the hell out of seven-sided strike because nothing else would put a dent in enemies. :v:

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice
GRs are set up with fixed damage, but severely diminished HP, because they balanced it around 4 manning them.

So when running it solo, mobs have a fraction of the HP that they would in regular rifts, or out in bounties.

You're just going to have to watch damage spikes, avoid standing in poo poo and be careful.

e; I might be explaining this wrong. Gist is, GR20 is easier than T4 rifts.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

John Murdoch posted:

I mean, GR20 is the equivalent of T4, yeah? Knocking out Urzael and the Keywardens involved me kiting around and abusing the hell out of seven-sided strike because nothing else would put a dent in enemies. :v:

Are you using a build designed for it? Each season I've done that unlock as soon as it's available and have never come close to failing.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
Oh, okay. I didn't know about the fractional health thing and I wasn't in a rush to waste a keystone to find out. I'm using the cookie-cutter set build that brings a nice chunk of survivability on top of the main nuke combo, so it sounds like I'm better off than I thought.

Still need 1-2 gem recipes too tho. :argh:

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
Yeah, it should be easy.

Do an act 1 bounty(s) for the gem plans. Then you have a chance of getting RROG which is always helpful.

Ghostnuke
Sep 21, 2005

Throw this in a pot, add some broth, a potato? Baby you got a stew going!

My wife and I just started playing again, but we're on PS4. Is there any way to join you guys?

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
Each console and the pc are segregated environments. There are some co aolw guys in here though who might speak up. Not sure if they are Xbox or PS4.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
Turns out I still needed to run a handful of g-rifts to unlock level 20 in the first place, but that's chapter 4 all done now. :toot: Thanks for the help, guys.

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

John Murdoch posted:

Turns out I still needed to run a handful of g-rifts to unlock level 20 in the first place, but that's chapter 4 all done now. :toot: Thanks for the help, guys.

For future reference, you can run the equivalent Nephalem Rift to unlock GR levels (up to T13/GR60-ish). If you complete a T4, you will unlock GR20/21.

Jan
Feb 27, 2008

The disruptive powers of excessive national fecundity may have played a greater part in bursting the bonds of convention than either the power of ideas or the errors of autocracy.

Thorg posted:

Oh Challenge Rift, I thought you had a decent character this week but you tricked me. I looked at the Crusader's gear and it seemed fine. Roland's with the set flail/shield. Decently rolled gear, high paragon, decent regular/legendary gems.

Then I realized he had 0% movement speed (admittedly it's not so bad with Steed Charge, but still, why would you do this?) I also realized he was squishy as gently caress and if I died I was likely going to die again before I could use the defensive buffs. I was able to beat it on the second try barely, but goddamn that was painful. Thankfully the Conduit pylon on floor 2 helped me recover after being 40 seconds behind. Never been a fan of Roland's, and now I dislike it even more.

Good god, do people actually build squishy characters like this on non-Hardcore? I get that dying it's not the end of the world if it lets you push higher ranks earlier, but we're talking instagibbing on the first pack of trash in a GR55.

On a semi-related note, I've started my Crusader on Roland's because that's all the game feels like giving me. It was okay, until I unlocked the 6-piece set. Now it's just loving awful because the massive attack speed means I'm always out of Wrath.

:negative:

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Jan posted:

Good god, do people actually build squishy characters like this on non-Hardcore? I get that dying it's not the end of the world if it lets you push higher ranks earlier, but we're talking instagibbing on the first pack of trash in a GR55.

On a semi-related note, I've started my Crusader on Roland's because that's all the game feels like giving me. It was okay, until I unlocked the 6-piece set. Now it's just loving awful because the massive attack speed means I'm always out of Wrath.

:negative:

You gotta bunch of dudes and flail away at the big pack to maintain wrath regen. You should always be full if you have all the gear. You do have all the right gear?

Jan
Feb 27, 2008

The disruptive powers of excessive national fecundity may have played a greater part in bursting the bonds of convention than either the power of ideas or the errors of autocracy.

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

You gotta bunch of dudes and flail away at the big pack to maintain wrath regen. You should always be full if you have all the gear. You do have all the right gear?

Not remotely, no -- the Crusader is just a side thing to blow blood shards on when my Wizard gets full.

I don't have Golden Fleece, so I use Provoke to refill Wrath... But since I also only have 5/6 Roland's, that means I subbed out cubed Zodiac for RoRG and Provoke doesn't happen nearly as often anymore.

Just your regular gear grind... :unsmith:

Thorg
Jan 1, 2007

Jan posted:

Someone on reddit suggested the build is probably something he threw together for the Years of War conquest (complete 6 55 grifts with different sets.)

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

This works until you get to a RG at a sufficiently high GR level that you actually do run out of wrath before it dies, at which point your life becomes very difficult because all your defensive cooldowns drop off.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

would someone mind taking a look at my gear and making similar recommendations (that aren't just switch to Sunwoko's):

https://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/SonOfADiddly-1736/hero/95516164

I made it this far in the season journey:

that set dungeon will be the end of that, though. must have tried 25 times to beat that piece of poo poo. this is my first seasonal character ever and im not sure what else to do with her. i seem to be topping out around GR67 in 14:30.

mewse
May 2, 2006

boar guy posted:

would someone mind taking a look at my gear and making similar recommendations (that aren't just switch to Sunwoko's):

https://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/SonOfADiddly-1736/hero/95516164

Have you not enchanted anything? Using eye of etlich instead of traveler's pledge is hurting you a lot.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

mewse posted:

Have you not enchanted anything? Using eye of etlich instead of traveler's pledge is hurting you a lot.

i can't get the goddamn traveler's pledge to drop :)

and no, no enchants. not really sure how they work.

mewse
May 2, 2006

Ok here's how I'd enchant your uliana gear:

Lion's claw: attack speed to CDR. replace the purple gem with an emerald.
Fist of az: spirit regen to area damage.
Hat: LTK to EP
Shoulders: all resist to CDR
Gloves: all resist to CDR
Chest: all good rolls
CoE ring: vit to CDR
Bracers: lightning dmg to cold dmg
Belt: crippling wave to literally anything else
Legs: way of the hundred fists to something else
Boots: LTK to EP

Change the emeralds in your chestpiece for diamonds

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

much obliged :tipshat:

edit: i mean christ the goddamn fist of azturrasq didnt even drop until like, GR65 :)

mewse
May 2, 2006

Neck: holy to crit chance
Compass rose: movement speed to CDR?? if possible? or vit to CDR

e: and at least you've got both unity rings. that's what took me forever this season

mewse fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Jan 3, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Pigs are smarter than Bears, but they can't ride motorcycles
Hair Elf
Wouldn't he want to reroll Fist of Az to a socket to double up on emeralds? At least until ancients drop and he can use a ramaldini's gift?