Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yeast
Dec 25, 2006

$1900 Grande Latte

Lolie posted:

That's not far away. The government wouldn't have told Pfizer to make a submission if they didn't intend to approve it.

https://www.theage.com.au/politics/federal/if-stars-align-five-years-olds-could-get-first-shots-by-christmas-20211008-p58yi6.html

Possibly as soon as Christmas

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tomberforce
May 30, 2006

Maybe I could pass my 2 year old off as a stunted 5 year old?

Capt.Whorebags
Jan 10, 2005

Tomberforce posted:

Maybe I could pass my 2 year old off as a stunted 5 year old?

If they still poo poo themselves regularly and talk gibberish you could pass them off as a Nationals MP.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Capt.Whorebags posted:

If they still poo poo themselves regularly and talk gibberish you could pass them off as a Nationals MP.

Look some Halloween costumes are just to scary for young children.

BOAT SHOWBOAT
Oct 11, 2007

who do you carry the torch for, my young man?
Mirror's Edge is a game about delivering ubereats packages in Dan Andrews fascist lockdown

Phigs
Jan 23, 2019

Feeling pretty certain the easing of restrictions in NSW is going to be a poo poo-show. Was letting myself look at it optimistically for a bit but the changes shot that down. Was planning to spend 2 weeks at my brother's house in mid November to finally get some family time with him and my nieces but not sure I will now. They're already on a 2 week quarantine because of potential contact.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Spotlight of all places are doing midnight opens tonight so yes, it's going to be terrible

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica
I still like that despite it being "opening up the state" it's actually imposing harsher restrictions on regional areas. Like, I could go see a movie or have a beer at the pub or whatever today, but because my second shot isn't for another couple of weeks I can't tomorrow.

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before
A big problem that hasn't been addressed is that when everyone is out and about there will be a lot more casual/close contacts which means less lockdown but more quarantine which is way worse

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

Box of Bunnies posted:

I still like that despite it being "opening up the state" it's actually imposing harsher restrictions on regional areas. Like, I could go see a movie or have a beer at the pub or whatever today, but because my second shot isn't for another couple of weeks I can't tomorrow.

Regional australia doesn’t exist, sorry that you’ve been led to believe otherwise

ShoeFly
Dec 28, 2006

Waiter, there's a fly in my shoe!

Box of Bunnies posted:

I thought they changed the regional rules so you only had to have one shot?

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica

ShoeFly posted:

I thought they changed the regional rules so you only had to have one shot?

For going to work. The rest of the restrictions continue to apply

Box of Bunnies fucked around with this message at 03:14 on Oct 10, 2021

snickothemule
Jul 11, 2016

wretched single ply might as well use my socks
Tbh if I looked like Canavan I'd probably be a complete deadshit too.

The cut of him.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Forgot the 'n'

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Victoria, a state currently experiencing 1900~ cases a day, is going to allow Melbourne Cup crowds of 10,000.

So yeah, good luck with that. I'm sure those numbers will be under control by then. :rudebox:

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

Infinitum posted:

Victoria, a state currently experiencing 1900~ cases a day, is going to allow Melbourne Cup crowds of 10,000.

So yeah, good luck with that. I'm sure those numbers will be under control by then. :rudebox:

Vic is going back to school before NSW, too, isn't it?

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

Infinitum posted:

Measuring pandemic success by how many people can get drunk watching horses. :discourse:

Seemlar
Jun 18, 2002
Sounds suspiciously as if people here aren't standing with Dan

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Eediot Jedi posted:

Measuring pandemic success by how many people can get drunk watching horses. :discourse:

The bacchanalian orgy will be a lot more pathetic with 1/10th of the crowd

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

The Telegraph is reporting Barilaro quietly split from his wife.

Another victim of friendly jordies no doubt.

MervBushwacker
Jun 18, 2018
porked barilaros

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
Shipping a gladys barilaro power couple

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Seemlar posted:

Sounds suspiciously as if people here aren't standing with Dan

they’re gladys groupies, pay no mind

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?

Infinitum posted:

M kids childcare site is now a Tier 1 site where half the classes are Tier 1 (and the teacher had it on Monday) are still not listed on the website. My kid is tier 2 and just got tested (only got the email an hour or two ago while we were shopping and went straight to the local test site. Only 3 cars in front of me when I got there). None of have symptoms.

Email says the Health Department is no longer tracing Tier 2 sites, which I guess makes sense now everything has broken containment.

A 2nd educator has it (got it on the same day) along with one kid in ANOTHER class who was there all week. Probably no child care for the next week now.

Konomex
Oct 25, 2010

a whiteman who has some authority over others, who not only hasn't raped anyone, or stared at them creepily...

Eediot Jedi posted:

The Telegraph is reporting Barilaro quietly split from his wife.

Another victim of friendly jordies no doubt.

Apparently a victim of sleeping with his senior staffer (23 year old Barnaby's Joyces daughter) and also a media advisor (not related to any senior nationals MPs). I don't think he can blame his marriage disintegrating on jordies, just on his own penchant for too much porking.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Infinitum posted:

I guess they don't give a poo poo anymore?

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

kirbysuperstar posted:

Spotlight of all places are doing midnight opens tonight so yes, it's going to be terrible

With no NRL final spike so far detected, vaccination rates being high and other rules still in play I don't think it will be that terrible - NSW is having one of the more cautious repoenings from any country (even with Perreottot making unnecessary changes) and almost none waited this long into the vaccination campaign to do reopen. Sure the infection rates is going up but I dont think it's going to be horrible

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
John Bacheloro

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

BOAT SHOWBOAT posted:

Mirror's Edge is a game about delivering ubereats packages in Dan Andrews fascist lockdown

Or maybe Death Stranding, a world held together by couriers where the best way to hide from the dangerous but not quite dead people is to cover your face and stop breathing, so that they don't drag you into their swampy bullshit zone.

TheMostFrench fucked around with this message at 08:29 on Oct 10, 2021

StrangeThing
Aug 23, 2021

by Hand Knit

bowmore posted:

It’s almost as if we will have 80% double vaxxed at that point and heading towards 90.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

StrangeThing posted:

It’s almost as if we will have 80% double vaxxed at that point and heading towards 90.

It's still a dumb thing to allow almost straight away, even with the consideration outdoors spread of Covid between people is limited and Flemington is an extra large venue.

Also gently caress horse racing, it should be banned as the animal cruelty but thats my aside

StrangeThing
Aug 23, 2021

by Hand Knit

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

It's still a dumb thing to allow almost straight away, even with the consideration outdoors spread of Covid between people is limited and Flemington is an extra large venue.

Also gently caress horse racing, it should be banned as the animal cruelty but thats my aside

From a perception point of view? Sure. But it’s not a huge medical risk.

And yes, horse racing is bad.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

StrangeThing posted:

800,000 people attended this year's Royal Easter Show in Sydney and hardly anyone had been vaccinated at that time.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

None of the real problems have stemmed from organised activities at venues. Have 100k there it doesn't matter now.

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...

Lolie posted:

800,000 people attended this year's Royal Easter Show in Sydney and hardly anyone had been vaccinated at that time.

What was the status of covid in the worst state at that time

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
I'm unclear what Qld has to do with the Sydney Easter show

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

bowmore posted:

i dont think anyone here does anymore. just kill us all and be done with it.

also lol

quote:

China lambasts Tony Abbott for ‘despicable and insane performance in Taiwan’
Embassy in Canberra describes former Australian PM as ‘a failed and pitiful politician’ after he raised concerns that Beijing ‘could lash out disastrously’

Illuminti
Dec 3, 2005

Praise be to China's Covid-Zero Policy
10000 fully vaccinated people, most of them outdoors and the rest of the state 80%+ vaccinated. Cup day will be fine. There will be more people a Vic market

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
In the UK one of the trial events was full attendance silverstone which was 350,000 in total over 3 days so at least we’re still showing some amount of caution

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Lolie posted:

There was zero Covid in NSW at that time and absolutely no Delta risk

StrangeThing posted:

From a perception point of view? Sure. But it’s not a huge medical risk.

I would disagree as these kind of events do not do social distancing well, even with large venues and outdoors. I might consider Sydney as passable with the higher vaccination rate and less patrons.