Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Holy moley this thread has turned into a tire fire recently, but I guess I better get in while the fires are selling.

I'll update this post later but: the Hol Horses are interested in SP in particular, though would not say no to picks, or upgrades to our power in the corners. We have a surplus of servicable outfielders, and are willing to offer both Dispersal Draft and Super Draft picks

Mornacale posted:

Hey are we seriously allowing Marauder to just constantly own multiple teams again? Because if so the Janus are out.

Marauder is mostly doing Gumshoes/Premos stuff which is basically just his own little experiments and not trying to rule the league with an iron fist, slow down and chill out morn my Dude

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."
I mean, if people object that pettishly strenuously, I'll cheerfully turn over the keys to the Premodernists to anyone without a team in the Sub-Par. Mostly I just want to watch the worms burn.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

The Merry Marauder posted:

I mean, if people object that strenuously, I'll cheerfully turn over the keys to the Premodernists to anyone without a team in the Sub-Par. Mostly I just want to watch the worms burn.

Yeah man I dunno. I thought it would be a fun little thing and everything, but I forgot to ask mornacale first so poo poo, my bad.

Craig K
Nov 10, 2016

puck

Mornacale posted:

Hey are we seriously allowing Marauder to just constantly own multiple teams again? Because if so the Janus are out.

JESUS CHRIST CAN WE GIVE FAUSTOAN BARGAIN A FIRM ANSWER ON WHETHER HE WILL HQVE A TEAM NEXT SEASON

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Jampact posted:

That's the guy I would prefer. Would you accept a Miller and some cookies?

Ahhhh I think for this I wanna hold onto 2001. Thanks though!

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

I put together an Enix Slimes spreadsheet if you're looking for trades.

Feeder Teams
1939 NL All Stars
1955 St. Louis Cardinals
2016 Boston Red Sox
1936 Indians

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3DjXZ6L5MeoWGZQeWRCZXEtb0U

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Harlock posted:

Feeder Teams
1939 NL All Stars
1955 St. Louis Cardinals
2016 Boston Red Sox
1936 Indians

What would you be willing to give for the pick? Asking for a friend.

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

Eternal Commissioner of the Super League. A new avatar. A new age, of the same old embittered Smasher that failed to escape the bonds of the SL, FM3, Johnny Hopp and Eri Yoshida "The Knuckle Princess". "The flames of Smasher's ire scorch the skies... Igniting St. Bellhorn's funeral pyre."

Mornacale posted:

What does it matter? We're talking about a Sub-Par League team, and it's replacing a team that didn't do well in the last Sub-Par League, and probably wasn't going to do well in this Sub-Par League.

If the Flames really want a team next season, I guess he can have it, but, holy gently caress, it's not a big deal.

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

The Merry Marauder posted:

I mean, if people object that pettishly strenuously, I'll cheerfully turn over the keys to the Premodernists to anyone without a team in the Sub-Par. Mostly I just want to watch the worms burn.

But I wanted to have my modern team do battle with your premodern team!

Also, I'd like the Hamels and Molitor from the Gumshoes. Does my third rounder suffice?

Everyone else: I want bullpen parts. Kickass bullpen parts. Bring me your bullpens!

Rabidsquid: pick 82 for Burks and VMart too much to ask?

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Monathin posted:

What would you be willing to give for the pick? Asking for a friend.
I'm not looking for madman's pick or anything, just in case anyone wants to pick at my feeders I'm not using or wants to propose a trade to me

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician

Craig K posted:

JESUS CHRIST CAN WE GIVE FAUSTOAN BARGAIN A FIRM ANSWER ON WHETHER HE WILL HQVE A TEAM NEXT SEASON

Yeah threatening to quit considering the janus' standing (see also: the houston hol horses) is kinda jerking the league around super hard which is way less healthy for it than someone owning 2 teams in separate leagues that are forbidden from trading with eachother

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

To be honest, the Plimouth Premods are probably going to die :ssh:

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

FairGame posted:

But I wanted to have my modern team do battle with your premodern team!

Also, I'd like the Hamels and Molitor from the Gumshoes. Does my third rounder suffice?

Everyone else: I want bullpen parts. Kickass bullpen parts. Bring me your bullpens!

Rabidsquid: pick 82 for Burks and VMart too much to ask?

that sounds doable! i'm very tired so i am mostly quoting this so i do not forget but i am leaning towards this and will know for sure SOME TIME TOMORROW!

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
So what's the deal with feeder teams? I see people offering trades from their feeders, so does that mean I can put a player into my own roster from one of my feeder teams since it's the offseason?

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

TMMadman posted:

So what's the deal with feeder teams? I see people offering trades from their feeders, so does that mean I can put a player into my own roster from one of my feeder teams since it's the offseason?

That is exactly what that means.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

TMMadman posted:

Yep. Off-season means you get to play GM and build and trade from/with your feeders as much as you want. It's also the only time teams in the Super-League can trade with the Sub-Par league.

Some trades are blockbusters, like the Gibson/Ruth deal. Others are dumpster-dives or vanity projects, like everything mrnoun has done this off-season.

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,
prospects=lies, win=lose,

self=Pirates

Monicro posted:

Yeah threatening to quit considering the janus' standing (see also: the houston hol horses) is kinda jerking the league around super hard which is way less healthy for it than someone owning 2 teams in separate leagues that are forbidden from trading with eachother

It's not a threat and I don't think it's unreasonable to want to know if certain people get different rules than others. It's fine if people enjoy SL for Smasher's prose or whatever but I've always been here for the game, so if it's not an even playing field then I'm not really interested in putting effort into it again.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

The Super-League isn't an even playing field. Some teams profited back in SLX from the super-lottery of the ages. Other owners like me have Mogul and can make more informed decisions when drafting (see: Fernandez, Jose) than others. Others have been gifted custom players for various reasons like winning the EC or just taking a shot at a crazy notion smasher puts into the draft pool (like The Masked Shortstop). So I mean, already you're off to a clearly incorrect start in your complaint.

Marauder's had alts for drat near all of the 20 seasons played, and none of them have been relevant since last night of the syndicate.

Like, if that's the line you've drawn, because a guy who's been grandfathered into being allowed to own more than one team (as he's been proven capable of handling the responsibility with exemplary sportsmanship consistent with the tenor of the league) can have his third-place-in-his-EC-division team play and likely die in the SubPar, far far away from you?

His team is clearly existent to try new things. If you're around for the sport and competition of the league, then maybe try to win harder than you have been if you want to claim the moral high ground necessary to bitch about a guy having fun in a way that literally does not impact you in any meaningful way.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company
On the one hand, I can totally get the whole "hey, how come we're not all playing by the same set of rules" thing, absolutely. I mean, the Super-League is an inherently unlevel playing field, but there's such a thing as going too far. That's a perfectly defensible position. On the other hand, all the stuff Pander said.

On the gripping hand, when someone is basically AWOL from the league for half a season and then comes back (apparently) mostly to bitch, I know it makes me a lot less likely to give a gently caress about what they have to say. Jumping in and saying "okay I'm gonna take my ball and go home" is a lot less impactful when you've already been home and your ball is just bouncing around the court 'cause no one's wanted to be the dick who kicks it into the neighbor's yard.

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

Eternal Commissioner of the Super League. A new avatar. A new age, of the same old embittered Smasher that failed to escape the bonds of the SL, FM3, Johnny Hopp and Eri Yoshida "The Knuckle Princess". "The flames of Smasher's ire scorch the skies... Igniting St. Bellhorn's funeral pyre."

Mornacale posted:

It's not a threat and I don't think it's unreasonable to want to know if certain people get different rules than others. It's fine if people enjoy SL for Smasher's prose or whatever but I've always been here for the game, so if it's not an even playing field then I'm not really interested in putting effort into it again.

If Faustoan Bargain really wants to keep his team going, I think Marauder wouldn't have an objection.

Beyond that, I'm not sure what you mean by playing by different rules. The Syndicate is fun, and Marauder builds his teams under the same rules as everyone else. We don't have a stampede of owners so large that we can't accommodate something I enjoy, and something that I think most people have a neutral-to-positive opinion of.

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

Yeah, considering Marauder is forbidden from trading between his teams and doesn't abuse any signup rules or anything like that, I'm not sure how it makes for an uneven playing field. I suppose it does if you view the primary goal of playing in the super league as having a successful team, but I'm not sure that was ever what the SL was designed for, let alone how many people see it that way.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Mornacale my dude, just like...

just shut up. I don't mean this as a Super League owner, I mean this as someone who thinks you are cool to talk to sometimes.

You're in a Bad Place, and this thread is only going to make it worse. Step away from the thread, step away from the computer, and just like. I dunno. I'm not a huge part of your life but I can tell when someone's in the Bad Mind Zone and hoo fuckin boy my dude you're in it.

So seriously: Stop.

Craig K
Nov 10, 2016

puck
i like marauder, he's the Esteemed Gentleman who was willing to brandish his claws in trades of super leagues past who has mellowed into a more genteel role in the present day

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

*tips fedora* m'rauder

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

Craig K posted:

i like marauder, he's the Esteemed Gentleman who was willing to brandish his claws in trades of super leagues past who has mellowed into a more genteel role in the present day

Yeah I liked the trailer for "Logan" too. Anyway Marauder is cool and good. Mornacale, I like you buddy, but this is a very stupid hill to die on.

Anyway, gingemidget! Your current team seems like it could use some changes, ya? I propose that change is sending me Smoltz+Sandberg for pick 10 in the draft!

mrnoun
Jul 24, 2007

Harlock posted:

Feeder Teams
1939 NL All Stars
1955 St. Louis Cardinals
2016 Boston Red Sox
1936 Indians

Hello, Harlock!

I would like to acquire one or more of the following from you, that you don't appear to be using:

1936 Bill Knickerbocker
1936 Odell Hale
1939 Harry "The Horse" Danning

What are you looking for? Feel free to browse my feeders:

1979 Astros
1984 Astros
2003 Astros
1983 NL All Stars

Also, Mornacale for Marauder would be the most lopsided trade in league history, and Smasher should definitely block it.

EDIT: Changed list, was looking at the wrong feeder, sorry.

mrnoun fucked around with this message at 04:01 on Nov 24, 2016

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Madman yer up in the draft

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks
EXPOS

Landers send:
1983 Steve Rogers (There's some irony in a guy with the same name as Captain America being a career Expo)

Warriors send:
1939 Eric McNair (hilariously nicknamed Boob, not so hilariously died of a heart attack at age 39)
1935 Pinky Whitney

mrnoun
Jul 24, 2007

Yaya posted:

EXPOS

Landers send:
1983 Steve Rogers (There's some irony in a guy with the same name as Captain America being a career Expo)

Warriors send:
1939 Eric McNair (hilariously nicknamed Boob, not so hilariously died of a heart attack at age 39)
1935 Pinky Whitney

I wanted to hold out and trade Rogers to one of the German teams just for irony's sake, but I think this is the best deal I'm going to get for him. Accepted.

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks

mrnoun posted:

I wanted to hold out and trade Rogers to one of the German teams just for irony's sake, but I think this is the best deal I'm going to get for him. Accepted.

At least he's going to a Canadian.

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

It's Pinky and the Boob,
Yes Pinky and the Boob,
One can play shortstop,
The other only 2

Mrnoun'll prove their worth,
By having them leave earth,
They're pinky, they're Pinky and the Boob, Boob, Boob, Boob, Boob.

narf

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

HulkaMatt posted:

Madman yer up in the draft

Yes, yes, I know. I was pondering an invitation to trade with Monathin. However, I'm sorry Monathin, I just can't pass up that '13 Pete Alexander.

The Midway Mobsters select '13 Pete Alexander. Harlock and the Enix Slimes are on the clock now.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

TMMadman posted:

Yes, yes, I know. I was pondering an invitation to trade with Monathin. However, I'm sorry Monathin, I just can't pass up that '13 Pete Alexander.

The Midway Mobsters select '13 Pete Alexander. Harlock and the Enix Slimes are on the clock now.

Blast and damnation!

We're still shopping for a pick, and have some reasonable pieces for EC teams, so if you want to do a package deal for a pick because you don't like the options on the board, we can talk shop!

Craig K
Nov 10, 2016

puck
scientists trading block

bernhbi01,1902,30,bill,bernhard
derripa01,1943,36,paul,derringer
perryga01,1973,34,gaylord,perry
bunniji01,1955,23,jim,bunning
sadecra01,1971,30,ray,sadecki
carrocl02,1970,28,clay,carroll
spahnwa01,1949,27,warren,spahn
reedad01,2013,24,addison,reed
hraboal01,1975,25,al,hrabosky
jacksmi02,1991,26,mike,jackson
anderla02,1990,36,larry,andersen
burgmto01,1975,31,tom,burgmeier
roberro01,1948,21,robin,roberts
rixeyep01,1913,21,eppa,rixey
biggicr01,1990,24,craig,biggio
henderi01,1982,23,rickey,henderson
gracema01,1996,31,mark,grace
broutda01,1895,36,dan,brouthers
bishoma01,1929,29,max,bishop
larkiba01,1995,30,barry,larkin

WANT:
picks, relievers

Craig K fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Nov 25, 2016

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

The Enix Slimes select . . . 09' Addie Joss

Tadashi and the Gulches are on the clock

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

Oh another thing wrt the marauder stuff, I think it's honestly a valid concern to have and it's probably a thing worth checking up on since the league and marauders status have changed so much since the last time it was a big thing, but it coming from someone who's spent the offseason being kind of a weird jerk to people for no real reason isn't gonna pick up much support :goleft:

Monicro fucked around with this message at 11:10 on Nov 24, 2016

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."

Armitage posted:

Oh yeah, the spreadsheet:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/19TrgIHGV6QXAKs2hf-ECwjoGQ4I7Lvmjw2QyChhAy10/edit#gid=0

So yeah, '40 Arky Vaughan, '93 John Smoltz and a few others are available. I have a bunch of jerks I'm no longer rostering and am actually allowed to trade so if those guys tickle your fancy lemme know.

Just reposting the spreadsheet. There are several untouchables, but I'm still trying to move some guys, in order to get picks/nother starter/groundball relievers/backup SS and/or 3B that can field and hit somewhat. Maybe there's a combination of guys that can get a big trade done, who knows I just wanna prove my SLXX season was not a fluke.

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET
Hey Smasher, did you come to a decision on who won the Make Smasher Happy contest? The first place pick is coming up soon.

mrnoun
Jul 24, 2007
THE ENDLESS SLOG OF TRADES MUST CONTINUE

Luna Landers send:

1986 Roger Clemens
2003 Billy Wagner

Modern Love sends:

#10 Dispersal pick
1993 Dave Magadan
1983 Fernando Vina
1983 Jeff Lahti

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

The Macy's Thanksgiving Day Pa-Trade!

Modern Love sends:
Pick 10
1993 Dave "MegaDan" Magadan
1983 Jeff Lahti
1993 Fernando Vina

Luna Landers send:
2003 Billy Wagner
1986 Roger Clemens

E: confirming mrnoun's deal except for the part where he's not getting a preteen Fernando Vina.

FairGame fucked around with this message at 15:52 on Nov 24, 2016