Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Stereotype)

Complications
Jun 19, 2014

of course it is

anything that happens once isn't something to be worried about as one-offs exist

if it happens twice that's kinda weird but not cause for concern

if it happens three times it's completely normal and has always happened and anybody who says otherwise is lying so obviously there's nothing to be worried about because who's worried something that always happens?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

lol

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017

check out these New York Values

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

sleep with the vicious posted:

Maybe this is all experiential marketing for the new apple vision vr pro plus, available now for 3499, where you can live in a virtual world without smoke

By the year 3050 everyone has grown accustomed to living in an orange haze. That’s just the normal everyone knows: of course the sky is orange!

Then, for one day, the sky miraculously clears… but everyone just complains about how bright it is outside and gets bad sunburns.

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

malthus! maaaaalthuuuussss!

Just a Moron
Nov 11, 2021

I generally agree with the notion that the human population should be drawn down to help mitigate climate change, but quoting the Imperial U.S. Envoy John Kerry about African birthrates isn't the dunk you think it is.

Just a Moron
Nov 11, 2021

If anyone needs to be having fewer children, it's the American religious freaks having 5 to 12 kids.

Thorn Wishes Talon
Oct 18, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

Just a Moron posted:

Imperial U.S. Envoy

pretty good username/post combo tbh

Just a Moron posted:

If anyone needs to be having fewer children, it's the American religious freaks having 5 to 12 kids.

this part is definitely true though

Just a Moron
Nov 11, 2021

Is your disagreement that the U.S. isn't an imperialist nation or that John Kerry doesn't represent its interests?

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Just a Moron posted:

my family is a huge quivering mound

Just a Moron
Nov 11, 2021

You can quote John Kerry about African birthrate s if you really want to do that, just don't expect it to convince anyone who is hung up on the white supremacist connotations of population control.

John Kerry should worry about his own country's population maximalists.

Just a Moron
Nov 11, 2021

mawarannahr posted:

my family is a huge quivering mound

I prefer a quiverfull mound

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

i feel like maybe many african countries are contributing less to climate change than the country that spends trillions of dollars a year on just the military alone

Irony.or.Death
Apr 1, 2009

Just a Moron posted:

You can quote John Kerry about African birthrate s if you really want to do that, just don't expect it to convince anyone who is hung up on the white supremacist connotations of population control.

John Kerry should worry about his own country's population maximalists.

you seem a little off the mark on this one, probably (understandably) because gently caress john kerry. the thing is that it's not supposed to convince anyone, it's a thing that is funny because the people who are always whining about doomers and malthusianism mostly want to hug + kiss john kerry

Just a Moron
Nov 11, 2021

Irony.or.Death posted:

you seem a little off the mark on this one, probably (understandably) because gently caress john kerry. the thing is that it's not supposed to convince anyone, it's a thing that is funny because the people who are always whining about doomers and malthusianism mostly want to hug + kiss john kerry

Oh, I guess my mind went to the c spam posters who were arguing about malthusianism in here. If we're making fun of MSNBC liberals hell yeah sure.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

can't figure out how to import blade runner font into preview, nor how to do a text box with transparent background in word, but it's close i suppose

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Janitor Ludwich IV
Jan 25, 2019

by vyelkin

actionjackson posted:

can't figure out how to import blade runner font into preview, nor how to do a text box with transparent background in word, but it's close i suppose

escape from new york vibes

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/alicegoldfuss/status/1666562594541543425

Bob Ross Nuke Test
Jul 12, 2016

by Games Forum

https://twitter.com/robinsonmeyer/status/1666437798151221249

Seeing footage closer and closer to home until you’re the one filming it. :hmmyes:

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

trying to convince my older coworkers that today is a good day to not smoke cigarettes, wear these n95s i brought (lol if you think outdoor jobs still provide masks) poo poo was rough in dc

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Relevant Tangent posted:

trying to convince my older coworkers that today is a good day to not smoke cigarettes, wear these n95s i brought (lol if you think outdoor jobs still provide masks) poo poo was rough in dc

Lmfao. Sure, smoking the cigs is bad for him right now.

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

MightyBigMinus posted:

this is really getting in the way of my weed smoking, which was the one loving thing i had left

edibles, smoking is for old-timers

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

FlapYoJacks posted:

Lmfao. Sure, smoking the cigs is bad for him right now.

He's already getting a pack a day just breathing this poo poo for eight hours.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
There's absolutely going to be someone who wears an N95 as soon as they step out onto the street

And then take it off when they get to a hospital

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Relevant Tangent posted:

He's already getting a pack a day just breathing this poo poo for eight hours.

So what’s another pack? Let him be you square.

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

I would like him to live, he's a cool dude.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
americans don't want to live OP

they have a terminal case of Freud's "death drive". there's a reason car deaths are up like 40% in 3 years and everyone is flipping their cars on empty streets, ramming into buildings, mowing down cyclists, everyone's killing themselves on fent or drinking themselves to literal death for funsies, and multiple mass-shootings every day blowing away all their neighbors

just let him enjoy some smokes

Janitor Ludwich IV
Jan 25, 2019

by vyelkin
i just want tony to dispose of his cigarette butts more responsibly :smugbert:

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Im gonna do it. Im gonna vote the smoke away!

Hexigrammus
May 22, 2006

Cheech Wizard stories are clean, wholesome, reflective truths that go great with the marijuana munchies and a blow job.

Janitor Ludwich IV posted:

i just want tony to dispose of his cigarette butts more responsibly :smugbert:

Has anyone seen him lately? Please don't tell me he's currently touring Canada.

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

we're saved! the eternal forest fires releasing soot particles into the atmosphere will cause enough solar dimming to prevent the +8C scenario!

Morbus
May 18, 2004

Hubbert posted:

I miss the concern trolls who reprimanded us for not doing more to "save" the biosphere. Where did they go? Has poster biodiversity fallen so far?

:smith:

they went and fixed it its fixed now

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Xaris posted:

americans don't want to live OP

they have a terminal case of Freud's "death drive". there's a reason car deaths are up like 40% in 3 years and everyone is flipping their cars on empty streets, ramming into buildings, mowing down cyclists, everyone's killing themselves on fent or drinking themselves to literal death for funsies, and multiple mass-shootings every day blowing away all their neighbors

just let him enjoy some smokes

Empire collapse in an apocalypse is pretty fun! We all know poo poo is hosed and the only thing most people can do to deal with it is stare at some glowing glass in shapes that make them happy. Like us right now.

As soon as the smoke clears, there's gonna be another push to get this thread closed, because bad things only exist in the mind. If no one thinks about bad things, they won't happen

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
the glowing glass does not make me happy!!

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

please be careful, link

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

r u ready to WALK posted:

we're saved! the eternal forest fires releasing soot particles into the atmosphere will cause enough solar dimming to prevent the +8C scenario!

hmm but what about when there’s no more trees to burn

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Stereotype posted:

My friend, have you heard the good news about the volcanos?

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

FlapYoJacks posted:

https://twitter.com/PhilstarNews/status/1666694043525365762?t=2R1ajAWdN8Zk2vrj123yHQ&s=19

brakeless
Apr 11, 2011

Stereotype posted:

we spraypaint the ashes white and bind them in place with superglue, making a smooth transition from aerosols to albedo climate engineering

maybe try trusting the science bud

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

FlapYoJacks posted:

confined to a closed part of volcanoes National park and pose no risk to the public (as always) but still cool as hell