Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Man, this Fisher questline sure is laid back.

O-oh, okay then.

Hey just because you're a bad person doesn't mean you can't have nice chill hobbies where you share friendly banter with legendary heroes that just want to catch one more of the right loving fish.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

johnny park
Sep 15, 2009

How do I get in on the hunt trains in Excalibur? Is there a linkshell?

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas
I saw this glam on someone's yard-retainer, so I was unable to check their gear myself-- but does anyone know what arm piece this is? I love the tucked up sleeve a lot and would love to be able to steal this look.

Chaeden
Sep 10, 2012

Leal posted:

I've carried exdrs where the healers are bad and die multiple times with me raising and becoming the healer and also using mana shift on the healer. And got jack for commends.

What is with this patch cycle and the bad healers? I have never dropped dungeons so often because the healers want to slack off. From scholars who want to just sit and have their faerie do everything to white mages to don't press any of their AOE abilities and single target heal.

I really don't know. I've basically solo healed and carried whole parties on my back multiple times.....I did it for a ENTIRE WEEK basically with no comms at all. Then I played Paladin and off tanked for two weeks as a break and I've been getting consistently 3 comms for largely doing jack poo poo.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Archyduke posted:

I saw this glam on someone's yard-retainer, so I was unable to check their gear myself-- but does anyone know what arm piece this is? I love the tucked up sleeve a lot and would love to be able to steal this look.

Eikon Leather Armguards. Cuts off whatever sleeve you have on the right arm with that armband.

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.
poo poo I leveled MCH and its animations are super cool and now I want to swap to that for raid.

How do I play this cool job?

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Jam all your buttons into a 15 second window.

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

Am I late for commend talk?

1st O12N clear for me, 2 wipes, 2 deaths, 0 commends

(The RDM and WHM deserved all the commends though so that's fair)

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Who's ready for Eureka: Literal Dumpster Fire Edition?

Blueberry Pancakes fucked around with this message at 02:32 on Nov 6, 2018

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

You mean every Eureka so far?

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Well, this one is an actual fire zone, so it's more literal than usual.

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

Joking aside, did Eureka get any better from day one where it was either mash your rotation out for 10 hours fighting trash or follow a train of RDM to a Fate and watch your framerate drop?

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Not even a little bit.

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!

Captain Cappy posted:

Joking aside, did Eureka get any better from day one where it was either mash your rotation out for 10 hours fighting trash or follow a train of RDM to a Fate and watch your framerate drop?

It actually managed to get worse with the second iteration of eureka

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

It was kind of impressive that way, yes.

Can't wait for the playerbase to be split between three different eureka zones now too, totally sustainable.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Who's ready for Eureka: Literal Dumpster Fire Edition?

I'm ready for more cheap glamour gear to show up on the market board.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Captain Cappy posted:

You got a challenge log, so you could cut that trash fighting to like 2 hours for more exp. :v:

Cabbit posted:

I'm ready for more cheap glamour gear to show up on the market board.

The one upside of this whole thing.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

T-thanks.

Groggy nard
Aug 6, 2013

How does into botes?

Leal posted:

T-thanks.

My guess is it was a Party Member number 4 macro, since that is usually a DPS in dungeons.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

johnny park posted:

get in on one hunt and then ask if anyone there can invite you to a LS, is the easiest way

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

The feels when DDoS and general lag has screwed you out of a clear all week, you find somebody with gold parses to fill in on Monday night while you're racing server maintenance, and then when all is said and done their parse comes back as a 9/100.

At least we got the page (fill in had already cleared for the week, somehow).

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Thundarr posted:

The feels when DDoS and general lag has screwed you out of a clear all week, you find somebody with gold parses to fill in on Monday night while you're racing server maintenance, and then when all is said and done their parse comes back as a 9/100.

At least we got the page (fill in had already cleared for the week, somehow).
Was it a healer? Healers with gold parses are not to be trusted.

(I only mean this half-jokingly)

FortMan
Jan 10, 2012

Viva Romanesco!

Patch notes are up, folks!

https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/2580dbb66daca8405ce1c051dbb1970d66c5f22a

Item of most interest (for me)

code:
New prizes are available for purchase using MGP.
========================================
"Rise of Heroes" (Chiptune Version), is a combination of "Rise" and "Heroes."

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.
So, how long until Reddit makes a big Logogram spreadsheet to try and detail all the combos you need to upgrade your gear this time?

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

quote:

"Research into logos actions is required to augment Eureka weapons.

Acquired logos actions will be recorded in the Logos Action Log, which can be viewed at any time by speaking to Drake. Eureka weapons can be enhanced incrementally upon registration of 10, 20, 30, and 50 logos actions"

AHAHAHAHAHAAHAAHA

:suicide:

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Bolow posted:

AHAHAHAHAHAAHAAHA

:suicide:
Wait does that mean the next step is based on an actual slot machine lmao

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

So the new hairstyle is locked behind Logos, right?

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Don't you realize that being nice just makes you get hurt?

johnny park posted:

https://xivhunt.net/ lists their spawn windows. The client is the real treat though, and gives you the location pin in chat. It works by having someone who also runs the client encountering the mob, and typically people that do hunt trains will be running this. It's basically the same thing guildworks did in AAR.

It also has a /perform macro thing that works pretty well, so that's fun to mess with.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Vercure cast time from 1.8 to 1.3. Sure, I guess, thanks.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Martman posted:

Was it a healer? Healers with gold parses are not to be trusted.

(I only mean this half-jokingly)

It was a machinist! We just assumed he was letting somebody else play the character. I hope that's what it was.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

what orchestrion rolls have been added though, this is important

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?
Okay, I do want the new barding.

It's probably a Pyros thing, too, but look at him wearing his jingasa at a jaunty angle! :kimchi:

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Kaubocks posted:

what orchestrion rolls have been added though, this is important

According to the patch notes, 16bit Thorlexander

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

Leofish posted:

Okay, I do want the new barding.

It's probably a Pyros thing, too, but look at him wearing his jingasa at a jaunty angle! :kimchi:

:same:, but

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Eureka is good.

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

DizzyBum posted:

Eureka is good.

Don't say things you can't take back

ParliamentOfDogs
Jan 29, 2009

My genre's thriller... What's yours?

Gritty no! Stay away from eureka!

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!

Cabbit posted:

Vercure cast time from 1.8 to 1.3. Sure, I guess, thanks.

Only in pvp

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Cool I don't have to log in this patch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

Pyros looks incredibly bad, which is really impressive since it's following up Pagos