Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
GGG heard all the bitching about the 2 week competition and is polling players for how to change it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

killstealing posted:

So I made 60c75c, thank u RNGsus, in a few days just grinding out stuff, what's the thing to aim for considering I'm kind of a mediocre (few uniques, no real great items) geared lv 70-something arc-spamming Templar? A 6-link is way expensive but is that the first thing to go for? Right now I can't get through most tier 7 maps but the ones before those are going fine.

get two Doryani's Catalyst, or if you want to spam WB you can get one plus a divinarius/heartbreaker

also what ascendency? arc spamming is usually an elementalist thing

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

whypick1 posted:

GGG heard all the bitching about the 2 week competition and is polling players for how to change it.

Adding tons of weird random mods owns as an idea.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

The Real Foogla posted:

get two Doryani's Catalyst, or if you want to spam WB you can get one plus a divinarius/heartbreaker

also what ascendency? arc spamming is usually an elementalist thing

Inquisitor with a focus on elemental damage and crit, mind over matter, eldritch battery, ghost reaver. What's WB? I'm loosely following the crit arc build found on the forums but also kinda exploring and doing my own thing by taking a bunch of hp stats and stuff. Right now running at 3k hp and 14k dps, call of the brotherhood dropped so mobs are freezing too

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.

Doctor Goat posted:

Adding tons of weird random mods owns as an idea.

You're the cutest newbie. They've done it a few times before and it's awesome. I'm kind of interested in solo self found though because we won't ever get a league like that of GGG's own volition.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
I should probably add my build and current gear...

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
WB is whirling blades. Link together WB + Faster Attacks, and you can use it to speed through maps faster than you can walk. Add a blood magic gem if you're starved on mana (unlikely if you're a caster). Add the fortify gem, and you can get the fortify buff for less damage from all sources.

Divinarius is a bad choice for crit arc, as the area boost is wasted. Either go dual daggers (kris are best bases), or dagger + shield.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
Oh I bought a Divinarius before I read that, but moreso because I wanted to try a flameblast ele build after this one and it's really good for that while also being a big upgrade for me right now. You're saying Doryani's is a bad choice though? Cause uh, I already bought one of those too! rip

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
Nah, Doryani's works just as well. Just can't whirl if you only have a Doryani's, but you can go Dagger + Doryani's instead. Also, grabbing a Doryani's can let you get away with replacing your

Also, it lets you replace your Life Leech gem with a Increased Crit Strikes gem (phenomenal for a crit arc build these days). MoM/EB/GR doesn't need that much leech to sustain your energy shield.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
I've got and currently and they look really good, but I'm also tempted to buy ... It's a hit to my currency but I'll probably make it back?? Anyway huge thanks for your advice, the game is way deep and I haven't had much time to actually research things, gem setups alone were tough after a lot of diablo 3 playing.

climboutonalimb
Sep 4, 2004

I get knocked down but I get up again You are never going to keep me down

Budgie posted:

You're the cutest newbie. They've done it a few times before and it's awesome. I'm kind of interested in solo self found though because we won't ever get a league like that of GGG's own volition.

Yeah I was really looking forward to pushing for a Demi this go around since there will be so many available. SSF makes it sound even better. If this turns into a flashback race (currently winning the vote) I may not even play.

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.
Nearly 5k votes on the first poll and it's overwhelmingly in favour of making it more difficult. In poll 2, half of those want flashback and a third want SSF. I'm kind of surprised by the demand there for SSF, I always thought of it as a smaller niche. Beyond/invasion/talisman are the most popular just now in poll 3.

Kind of interesting to see what the community thinks it will enjoy.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Budgie posted:

Nearly 5k votes on the first poll and it's overwhelmingly in favour of making it more difficult. In poll 2, half of those want flashback and a third want SSF. I'm kind of surprised by the demand there for SSF, I always thought of it as a smaller niche. Beyond/invasion/talisman are the most popular just now in poll 3.

Kind of interesting to see what the community thinks it will enjoy.

People want Talisman back til they get a Bonespire Talisman in a Perandus pack.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Run another one of those Arctic Blast events with the gently caress-off death clouds of cold and strongboxes everywhere.

Bonus points for putting them in the labyrinth. :getin:

Ixjuvin
Aug 8, 2009

if smug was a motorcycle, it just jumped over a fucking canyon
Nap Ghost
You can play solo self found whenever you want. Flashback leagues are the tits.

climboutonalimb
Sep 4, 2004

I get knocked down but I get up again You are never going to keep me down
This race is going to be so hosed. Perandus mobs are completely unoptimized and laggy as hell and the community was in an uproar over it. Now they want to add beyond and talisman bullshit on top of that and try to race? GGG is focused on 2.3 and doesn't have time to play test this. It's gonna be a shitshow.

Yes, I know I can play SSF any league but I don't want that handicap just for myself, I want it for everyone.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I would 110% play this if SSF was turned on. 2 weeks is perfect for that stuff.

Any of the other options are cool too.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

Looking forward to 2 Week Flashback league!

redwalrus
Jul 27, 2013

:stoke:

Doctor Goat posted:

Jesus christ Labyrinth is dangerous.

I'm up to King Kaom and I don't want to fight it because I don't know if it will instantly own me or whatever. The easy days of game-blind genre-blind hardcore have ended. :(

my advice is to not play ranger, goodluck friend.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

redwalrus posted:

It's gotten me to act 2 in cruel so far! Daresso, dominus, and doedre are the only big gently caress yous I can't deal while dodging everything

That worm thing with tri in its name can gently caress off too but at least it's optional

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

Doctor Goat posted:

It's gotten me to act 2 in cruel so far! Daresso, dominus, and doedre are the only big gently caress yous I can't deal while dodging everything

That worm thing with tri in its name can gently caress off too but at least it's optional

That thing is the most lethal mob in that act

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
I killed it because it pissed me off by almost owning me

It took forever because I think a lot of my ts damage comes from spamming, not shooting and running

Pooncha
Feb 15, 2014

Making the impossible possumable
The great thing about being a pacifistic summoner is that you can run in circles while the minions put out all the DPS. :v:

I had a buddy help me zerg Merciless Labyrinth in about twenty minutes, but even with him cycloning things to death it was a hair-raising endeavour. Thank God for Forbidden Taste.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Pooncha posted:

Thank God for Forbidden Taste.

Think this is the first time those words have been uttered.

redwalrus posted:

?

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Sotar posted:

Unique jewels can be good in very sprcific circumstances. Like Izaro's Turmoil in my Whispering Ice cold to fire build.

Actually I'm pretty sure Izaro's Turmoil is worse than int + damage rolls jewels for WI. Or at the very least you get less utility out of them.

Like, it's really good on every other skill you would turn from cold to fire, I'm just pretty sure it's not better than an average rare for WI because int is such an important stat.

facepalmolive
Jan 29, 2009

Ixjuvin posted:

You can play solo self found whenever you want. Flashback leagues are the tits.

Wouldn't mind one of the suggestions earlier in the thread. SSF, but with 10x (or however much) currency drops, so that players might actually use currency to reroll their own gear now.

Maybe that's too easy and not the challenge that most are looking for, though.

RossCo
Dec 30, 2012

I have no idea what I am doing in almost any given situation.

facepalmolive posted:

Wouldn't mind one of the suggestions earlier in the thread. SSF, but with 10x (or however much) currency drops, so that players might actually use currency to reroll their own gear now.

Maybe that's too easy and not the challenge that most are looking for, though.

I think GGG said that they don't want to increase currency drops for a single league as that would lead to the following leagues feeling "less fun" due to decreased rewards by contrast.

Pooncha
Feb 15, 2014

Making the impossible possumable

TheRat posted:

Think this is the first time those words have been uttered.

I use it as a fancy "oh poo poo" flask. It's not as no-questions-asked as a seething flask, but it heals more than the seething flasks I can get straight up. :shobon:

Todo88
Apr 16, 2016

Doctor Goat posted:

Lost a mid-50s toon that I was really enjoying to that blue gently caress a few months back. I'm always really cautious there now.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

My Empower just dinged 3 after spending the entire league leveling it on like 5 characters.

Bam.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
time to try my hand at cruel labyrinth on my champion, holy poo poo that class is so sexy

Artificial Idiocy
Jul 11, 2008
Cruel is the good ascension for Champion, too.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Welcome to PoE, time to roll another character (possibly in softcore)

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Probably going to roll some sort of hilariously broken trapper for the flashback. Start with ice trap and maybe eventually get to chaos trap w/ poison.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
:rip:

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

that's even more impressive considering dried lake is one of the safest areas in the entire game

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
i think every single one of those dudes rolled a crit at the same time without me dodging or something

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

:thurman:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
now to figure out what i'm going to do besides my movespeed cap build on standard.

• Locked thread