Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
the b4r poo poo is depressing and I don't want to go onto a videogame forum to hear about peoples sadbrains I don't want to feel bad while trying to read videogame shitposting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
I hope this person is trolling, nobody can be so unfunny and dumb

the b4r poo poo is depressing and I don't want to go onto a videogame forum to hear about peoples sadbrains I don't want to feel bad while trying to read videogame shitposting

[b4r] one time JEFFRAIDER said something mean to me in IRC

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

Landsknecht posted:

[b4r] one time JEFFRAIDER said something mean to me in IRC

he always makes fun of me jeff is a huge meanie head doesn't he know i'm space important??

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine

Rhymenoserous posted:

blackops died again, now I need to mump around and find something to do or I'm just going to unsub again.

Sorry, I finished training for the Gila. No doctrine/SIG I train into survives.

Seriously though Delve is a little too quiet. Hopefully once everyone stabilizes their wallets we'll see some squad/SIG deployments, or it will be nothing but Provi roams from now until the end of time.

If only we hadn't paid PL a trillion gobloons to send their alt alliance to kill QFC :sweatdrop:

Unfunny Poster posted:

Not to mention the people saying that psychiatrists are a sham and that talking to people in an IRC chatroom is good therapy as an alternative.

The beginning of this sentence briefly got my hopes up that there had been some Scientology drama on /r/eve. That would have been a joy.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Morris posted:

The beginning of this sentence briefly got my hopes up that there had been some Scientology drama on /r/eve. That would have been a joy.

I mean a few people basically are leaning towards the "psychiatrists aren't helpful at all" camp so sorta.

working mom
Jul 8, 2015

Unfunny Poster posted:

It's pretty cool and all, but there are other more annoying issues with the client I wish they'd spend time on.

Yes, I'm sure the art department can help with those coding issues

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Unfunny Poster posted:

Some people are zealots for Herr Mittani & the no-fun police.

The amount of broken brain people that post on Reddit is pretty impressive and also really sad. See: DaOpa's really lovely attempt at debating how using an embed with autoplay to boost his Twitch views is the same as a YouTube video's thumbnail. Or the people making GBS threads on that guy criticizing how B4R is less about helping people with mental issues (eg. feeling suicidal) and more about idiots pretending they're a psychiatrist. Not to mention the people saying that psychiatrists are a sham and that talking to people in an IRC chatroom is good therapy as an alternative.

Was that the responses to my posts that basically consisted of "Get therapy get therapy get therapy, oh hey go get therapy?" over and over again?

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

its really loving annoying. I feel bad your depressed but I don't loving know you nor have I ever interacted with you. I feel the same way about it as I did with people asking for money because reasons on gf.com.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

it mostly makes me sad that other people can't be or aren't happy :smith:

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Carth Dookie posted:

Given your perchant for hanging out in weird parts of space I'm surprised you haven't tried wormholes/hole squad. I vaguely recall you talking about why you haven't, but I might have you confused with someone else.

It's really a psychology thing, I don't really care for day tripping which is what hole squad does, and I also don't really care for fighting either. I like to kill people and disappear in a puff of smoke. I don't blame them for doing this and having fun, but I like to leave a stain on the map that says "Here be goons." dead set in the middle of someones space for months at a time, and the general horror to set in that there is not a loving thing they can do about us. It's demoralizing as gently caress, especially if you can find a really good spot that just makes it a complete pain in the rear end to travel in a region.

To give some good examples I have two camps that I spearheaded against two different targets.

In Kalevala when we did the initial "Lets see if we can get this started" we parked about 15 dudes in cloaky ships in ND-. ND- was an interesting system for several reasons, it was next door to their main staging, it was the gateway system to the part of the JB network that took the alliance living there to their southern holdings and it was part of a large circle pipe that took them to their local ratting regions if they wanted to take a short route. Nothing passed through that system that we didn't want to go through. If they brought a fleet through we'd bomb it. If they brought a few ships through, we'd kill them. The jump bridge was completely unusable, and the jump bridge pos itself was often littered with wrecks all over it's grid. They were terrified to go pull goo from towers/fuel them because we kept camping and killed a couple of their jump freighters. By the time PL invaded two months after our deployment half the towers in the region were unfueled and offline, and most of the jumpbridge network towers were renamed to things like "Goons on other side".

The second is the D-3 camp in Delve vs TEST which eventually blew way out of control. D-3 was a great camp because in order for someone to move from TEST's staging to the happy isk making lands of greater delve they only had two choices. Go through the JB system we were camping, or brave NPC delve which was infested with Pizza and the likes of wheniaminspace. That camp actually has reddit posts whining about it where dreddit guys were saying things like "We can't even wipe our own asses here, I'm going back to highsec because I have no money and you guys are useless".

The reason why it blew out of control however is because of just how successful it was. The camp had started as just Topgoon regulars so maybe 20 evedudes if you count alts and scouts. By the time it finally wound down it wasn't unusual to have 40+ guys sitting on that gate, none of them doing what they should have been doing, all drawn there by Eve-kill stats. See that gatecamp was so successful that something like 7 of the top 20 killers in eve were topgoon guys, and unfortunately that drew the wrong kind of person to the squad. Kill obsessed ninnies who thought more about individual kills than they did the effect they were having.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
But if you were in Sigma squad you would learn a whole new level of chill.

nex
Jul 23, 2001

øæå¨æøåø
Grimey Drawer

Morris posted:

Seriously though Delve is a little too quiet. Hopefully once everyone stabilizes their wallets we'll see some squad/SIG deployments, or it will be nothing but Provi roams from now until the end of time.

Check out Space Violence, we are already working on getting some action locally and have clones + ships seeded in Provi.

dialhforhero posted:

Sigma is the chillest goon group, just kick back and suck some rock in Sigma Prime :gerty:
Did Video Games ever survive his journey down?

nex fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Sep 10, 2016

Stealthgerbil
Dec 16, 2004

sigma squad chat in jabber rules and also sigma squad is the best squad. we kind of just chill out and do whatever.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Sigma Squad is the cool place to hang out. You can find most of the cool people there. In Sigma Squad you can just chill and do whatever and totally relax. "Take it easy" is The Sigma Squad motto, for example, that's how laid back it is there. Show up if you want to have a good time. Another good reason to show up is if you want to hang out with friends. - The Sigma Squad Maxim

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

dialhforhero posted:

I've been in Sigma since 2010.

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine

nex posted:

Check out Space Violence, we are already working on getting some action locally and have clones + ships seeded in Provi.

Sigma is the chillest goon group, just kick back and suck some rock in Sigma Prime :gerty:
Did Video Games ever survive his journey down?

Isn't SV mostly EUTZ? I joined briefly back in March but they were only doing blops drops and I was still pootling around in my newbie frigate.

As long as I can bring T1 logi, a Deacon, or an interceptor it would be good to see some small fleet action though.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Rhymenoserous posted:

Was that the responses to my posts that basically consisted of "Get therapy get therapy get therapy, oh hey go get therapy?" over and over again?

No, but I wouldn't be surprised if people responded to those posts the same way.

Jbz
Jun 6, 2011

Morris posted:

Isn't SV mostly EUTZ? I joined briefly back in March but they were only doing blops drops and I was still pootling around in my newbie frigate.

As long as I can bring T1 logi, a Deacon, or an interceptor it would be good to see some small fleet action though.

Yea 90% of the fleets are in eutz but the weekend early afternoon ustz stuff that Kendarr gets together is good fun, even if even more mushbrained euros are there making terrible jokes for the thousandth time.

Ustz can't grow without more of us. :unsmith: Plus this is one of few places right now in GSF you can fly a fax and actually brawl.

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

I can't remember which is the chill thread anymore. Taking a 50/50 chance it's this one.

Have a nice weekend. I made pancakes and bacon and going to the park with my kids.

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

Oodles posted:

I can't remember which is the chill thread anymore. Taking a 50/50 chance it's this one.

Have a nice weekend. I made pancakes and bacon and going to the park with my kids.

Park update : kids have already been on timeout before we even left the house. One doesn't get to take their bike.

Don't have kids. Namaste

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008
Parenting is the ultimate MOMRPG

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008
I remember what I was training for now -- a blockade runner.

One day I'll have that badass import/export business I always dreamed of.

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine

Jbz posted:

Ustz can't grow without more of us. :unsmith: Plus this is one of few places right now in GSF you can fly a fax and actually brawl.

Fair enough. WTB SV vouch :yayclod:

MorsAnima
Nov 29, 2010
I just feel completely shit on. These changes won't make a cat in hell's difference.

the trump tutelage posted:

I remember what I was training for now -- a blockade runner.

One day I'll have that badass import/export business I always dreamed of.

And in the spirit of capitalism, pay someone else to do the import export, just profit from the end sale.

Stealthgerbil
Dec 16, 2004

Yea its still easier and probably cheaper to pay someone with a jump freighter to move stuff. I just buy everything in jita and jump it to delve. Its safer then using a blockade runner.

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008
You're both spoilsports.

MorsAnima
Nov 29, 2010
I just feel completely shit on. These changes won't make a cat in hell's difference.
You could probably make a fortune moving very low volume, high value stuff from jita > any nullsec hub in a BR, with a scout. Basically negates minimum fees for JF services in exchange for your own time.

Or you could just sell caldari navy wasps in horde space.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

MorsAnima posted:

You could probably make a fortune moving very low volume, high value stuff from jita > any nullsec hub in a BR, with a scout. Basically negates minimum fees for JF services in exchange for your own time.

Or you could just sell caldari navy wasps in horde space.

what's the cargo to fuel ratio for a jf and a BR? you can covert ops bridge BRs, right?

MorsAnima
Nov 29, 2010

what's the cargo to fuel ratio for a jf and a BR? you can covert ops bridge BRs, right?

I have abso-loving-lutely no idea on the jf stuff, utmost respect to the people who run jf services cause that seems like burnout territory.

As for the bridges, yep you can blops bridge a BR just fine.

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011

MorsAnima posted:

I have abso-loving-lutely no idea on the jf stuff, utmost respect to the people who run jf services cause that seems like burnout territory.

It's p bad. And I carry 100k in my fuel Bay and 100-250k in each cargo hold just because I really don't like running out of fuel and with 8 jfs sometimes one will run out without me noticing and I'll just toss him some from the buddy tanker

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

MorsAnima posted:

If you've ever done cap convoy stuff it's not too different than JF convoy other than you are far more explody in a JF so it behooves you to do it right. I'll be shocked if our various JF services either haven't/or will eventually build an Austerhaus chain along the best traveled route to delve.

I will say imports via blockade runner is largely pointless, even if doing high value low volume stuff. You'd be better off just saying "gently caress it" and importing via one of the services and just eat the overhead, like you could do that, undock a ratting isthar and rat for a single tick, then dock up and go watch TV for 3 hours and you'd come out isk positive compared to importing yourself via BR.

The place where blops bridging BR's is actually worth it from a logistics is in hostile space like setting up a can farm for blops/shipping out contents of communism cans, etc.

Rhymenoserous fucked around with this message at 04:25 on Sep 12, 2016

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

Yeah only vertically integrate when you have waaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much money and free time and suicidal thoughts.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
But it's free if I mine it, hack it, extract it, ship it and manufacture it myself!

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
I hope this person is trolling, nobody can be so unfunny and dumb
if you're rich af build an australiahouse chain and use multiple JFs at the same time

most alliances stage close enough to HS that it's only a few jumps, and you can make a lot of iskies for your toonies if you're charging enough (unlike zeph lmao)

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011
It's loving 6 cynos for jita to delve. It's p miserable. But yeah that bitch is a loving moron if she wasn't making bank because lemme tell you, you can make loving bank on it

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

So I've been reading up on the Purity of the Throne event that starts in-game tomorrow, and it's so on-the-nose, it's amazing.

Here comes the :spergin: :

Before humanity rediscovered space-travel, the Amarrian home planet was named Athra, and had a bunch of different races scattered on different islands/continents. One of those islands (Amarr Island) decided to do their best British Empire impersonation and went to war with the rest of the world. And they won; they promptly conquer the Khanids and Udorians and turn the rest of the continents into colonies, and rename the planet to Amarr Prime.

In the following millenia, most of the planet got their freak on, so pretty much every Amarrian you run into is actually a genetic mutt. (Hell, the Ni-Kunni are generally considered an Amarrian sub-race, and they aren't even from the same planet.) But, the monarchy being what it is, all the royal families are big sticklers about genetic purity. All but one of the Royal Houses trace their bloodline back to tribes on Amarr Island; the exception is Tash-Murkon, which is associated with another island (Cas-Udor)

So, the other royal houses are unhappy that Catiz Tash-Murkon is becoming Empress, because:

A) You can't trust Udorians, they're greedy and only care about making money (and their skin shade is darker than ours)
B) She's a woman, and women don't make good Empresses, look at how Sarum turned out
C) She's the richest person in the Amarr Empire due to foreign trade, so she's a puppet of Caldari special interests

So they're painting their ships white and throwing protests -- something about Making Amarr Great Again. And capsuleers are being paid to break up those protests.

---

TLDR: This entire event is "murder racists and steal their pepes"

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?

ullerrm posted:

So I've been reading up on the Purity of the Throne event that starts in-game tomorrow, and it's so on-the-nose, it's amazing.

Before humanity rediscovered space-travel, the Amarrian home planet was named Athra, and had a bunch of different races scattered on different islands/continents. One of those islands (Amarr Island) decided to do their best British Empire impersonation and went to war with the rest of the world. And they won; they promptly conquer the Khanids and Udorians and turn the rest of the continents into colonies, and rename the planet to Amarr Prime.

In the following millenia, most of the planet got their freak on, so pretty much every Amarrian you run into is actually a genetic mutt. (Hell, the Ni-Kunni are generally considered an Amarrian sub-race, and they aren't even from the same planet.) But, the monarchy being what it is, all the royal families are big sticklers about genetic purity. All but one of the Royal Houses trace their bloodline back to tribes on Amarr Island; the exception is Tash-Murkon, which is associated with another island (Cas-Udor)

So, the other royal houses are unhappy that Catiz Tash-Murkon is becoming Empress, because:

A) You can't trust Udorians, they're greedy and only care about making money (and their skin shade is darker than ours)
B) She's a woman, and women don't make good Empresses, look at how Sarum turned out
C) She's the richest person in the Amarr Empire due to foreign trade, so she's a puppet of Caldari special interests

So they're painting their ships white and throwing protests -- something about Making Amarr Great Again. And capsuleers are being paid to break up those protests.

---

That is genuinely cool. CCP has it in the to do Great Things...I just know it.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

SAD!

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ullerrm posted:

---

I didn't know this was happening at all. Thanks for the rundown. Is there anything good in terms of loot I can get via lazily doing it (eg skins, barbie doll clothes etc.)?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

Unfunny Poster posted:

I didn't know this was happening at all. Thanks for the rundown. Is there anything good in terms of loot I can get via lazily doing it (eg skins, barbie doll clothes etc.)?

It generates a bunch of event sites in space, similar to the old Blood Raider / Guristas events -- none of the point earning poo poo from the Serpentis event. Just warp to sites that spawn, and kill everything. (I think of it as tipping over the protestors' Hoverrounds.) Mostly frigates and cruisers; I had no problem running them in a Hecate.

The final ship in each site will drop some all-white skins for Amarr ships. Which actually look fantastic, once you get over the whole "they're basically KKK robes that some hick painted onto the ship" thing.

• Locked thread