Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
To be fair, SRM's tattoo is far, far too nice to be a fash tat. It doesn't look like it was scribbled with biro by a mate of a mate because every tattooist in town told you to gently caress right off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hra Mormo
Mar 6, 2008

The Internet Man
Or done in prison, where some tattooists are actually really really good but basically work in only one color.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
E: Quote is not edit

SRM fucked around with this message at 16:10 on Dec 8, 2016

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Hra Mormo posted:

Or done in prison, where some tattooists are actually really really good but basically work in only one color.
In prison I got three D6s tattooed under my eye to show that I defeated three inmates in tabletop combat

berzerkmonkey posted:

Haha, you nerd. (Absently scratches Imperial Aquila tattooed on left shoulder...)

Looks good - your artist does color well.

Other than having a skull, there is nothing in that tattoo to make anyone nervous. Anyone who looks at that and has a problem is going to have a problem with any tattooed white guy with a scary tattoo.

Hell, my Aquila is more cause for concern. When I was getting my physical for the military, the physician put down on my identifying marks "One Teutonic Eagle." I was like "Huh? Wait - no!"
Thanks! I mean, at the end of the day, you're getting tattoos done for yourself and not the enjoyment of other people, so it really only matters if you "get" it, outside of some edge cases where it's really obviously imagery used by hate groups or whatever. Like I wouldn't get a pair of lightning bolts shaped sorta like the letter S or that Death in June logo that's just the SS Totenkopf. Then again, another guy at the tattoo shop was talking about a patron who got a stick figure flipping the bird tattooed on his taint, which I don't think actually contributes anything to this conversation but I just wanted to share anyway.

Star Man posted:

I imagine that it's supposed to be a reference to 88.
The thought of some dumb neo-nazi with no grasp on history trying to co-opt art designed by a bunch of bash the fash punks from the 80s is an exercise in irony. If fascists want to co-opt something from games to use for their own purposes they can have, I dunno, Bubsy the Bobcat or something.

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

i googled tau gundam conversions and had a fantastic morning :sun:

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Percelus posted:

I played against a guy at a tourney once who had an all battlesuit army where every suit was painted like a different Gundam, and had the appropriate head. The tops of all his drones were painted like Haro. It was a good time.

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Did I ever tell you my favorite color was blue?

berzerkmonkey posted:

Haha, you nerd. (Absently scratches Imperial Aquila tattooed on left shoulder...)

Looks good - your artist does color well.

Other than having a skull, there is nothing in that tattoo to make anyone nervous. Anyone who looks at that and has a problem is going to have a problem with any tattooed white guy with a scary tattoo.

Hell, my Aquila is more cause for concern. When I was getting my physical for the military, the physician put down on my identifying marks "One Teutonic Eagle." I was like "Huh? Wait - no!"

Is your EGA on the other shoulder?

The Sex Cannon
Nov 22, 2004

Eh. I'm pretty content with my current logo.

SteelMentor posted:

New Made to Orders have been revealed.

Definitely getting the two Inquisitors and the Seraphim, don't actually recognise the Eversor looking dude but he looks rad.

Well poo poo. Sorry family. No one's getting Christmas gifts this year.

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

just keep swimming
E:

goodness fucked around with this message at 17:34 on Dec 8, 2016

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

Uroboros posted:

Is your EGA on the other shoulder?

I never actually got one. At the time, it was kind of a frothing 18 year old's thing to do, and I was a heady four years older than most of the kids. I had a bit more life experience, and didn't want to rush into it. A few years in, my command had me pissed off so much that I just wanted out, so getting the club patch tattooed anywhere was not a thing I was up for.

Like most things, time kind of erases the worst memories, so I kind of regret not getting one. At this point though, it's probably too late to get one without feeling like a weirdo.

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

berzerkmonkey posted:

I never actually got one. At the time, it was kind of a frothing 18 year old's thing to do, and I was a heady four years older than most of the kids. I had a bit more life experience, and didn't want to rush into it. A few years in, my command had me pissed off so much that I just wanted out, so getting the club patch tattooed anywhere was not a thing I was up for.

Like most things, time kind of erases the worst memories, so I kind of regret not getting one. At this point though, it's probably too late to get one without feeling like a weirdo.

Don't feel bad, getting one is about the most cliche thing you could do. Getting one that is all 40k'd up would be neat with the eagle being double headed and the earth being a forgeworld of some sort.

Lord Thrust
Jan 18, 2013

If you build a man a fire he'll be warm for a night.
If you set a man on fire he'll be warm for the rest of his short, painful life.
My old man was English and immigrated to the U.S. after a stint in the British Merchant Marines where he got a tattoo. He hated the thing and felt like it class marked him for life. As soon as lasers came out to remove tattoos, he had it burnt off an traded his anchor-eagle-mother-banner tattoo for a nasty las burn scar on his forearm. He would show us that scar, when we were kids, and remind us to really think about how we marked ourselves. I made it through 9 years in the Navy, 4 of them in Asia, without a tattoo.

JesusIsTehCool
Aug 26, 2002
Does anyone know of a good way to transport tyrannocytes (the Tyranid drop pod thing)? Normally I don't worry too much since I only moving them a few miles by car but this things scream "gonna break at the slightest thing. My normal answer is using this cheap pistol cases on amazon but I think those tentacles would break in one of those.

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS
Oh yay the Prodigy preacher is back.

That assassin was the thing of nightmares in 2nd Ed, he' d pop out amongst your guys using chameleon and vortex grenade your stuff.

Hamshot
Feb 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

Percelus posted:

Welp, my curiosity got the better of me. Further evidence that Tau really are soulless.

Jokes aside, how the heck did they do that? Printed waterslide transfer paper?

Saedar
Nov 4, 2009

Tell me why I had to be a powerslave.
The one with the white Tau vehicle looks like a transfer, you can see a little bit of it poking of the left of the dress.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
Why is it on the underside of the Devilfish.

And why Mami of all characters.

Edit: The actual colour scheme on the Skyray looks pretty good, with the grey, black and teal. But then you've got a giant honking anime up front and Yamaha logos on the hatches.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

SteelMentor posted:

Why is it on the underside of the Devilfish.

And why Mami of all characters.

Well, ever see a Tau in CC with a tyranid monstrous creature?

Proletariat Beowulf
Jan 7, 2007
I wish meat screamed as I ate it.

LordAba posted:

Well, ever see a Tau in CC with a tyranid monstrous creature?

I can't tell if this is a "Tau MC suits should be walkers" or "Tyranids are bad" or an anime joke.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Proletariat Beowulf posted:

I can't tell if this is a "Tau MC suits should be walkers" or "Tyranids are bad" or an anime joke.

Mami gets her head bitten off in the anime.

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Why doesn't anyone ever put good anime on their stuff? I figured 40k players would be Bebop or Berserk fans for the Chaos players.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Uroboros posted:

Why doesn't anyone ever put good anime on their stuff? I figured 40k players would be Bebop or Berserk fans for the Chaos players.

I hand painted a pretty sweet banner a year ago.

It's a reference to this:

It's not anime but it's Japanese af

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Uroboros posted:

Berserk has made some great background while I paint my fantasymans. Bebop isn't really military-centric so I don't see it really working for warhams like that Gundam Tau army I posted about a while ago.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I found this, no finished pictures unfortunately

Tadhg
Aug 5, 2007

AUT MORS
AUT GLORIA

:hist101:

SRM posted:

Finally, I have an extra attack and a 5++

Neeeeerrrrd! :v:

That's seriously awesome, though. Mad respect for your commitment to this hobby.

I also have a new neighbor in my complex sporting a chaos decal on the rear window of his vehicle. I'm waiting for us to run into each other so I can introduce myself as a fellow aficionado of fine metal space barbies.

a pale ghost
Dec 31, 2008

Ah cool! Thanks.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Tadhg posted:

I also have a new neighbor in my complex sporting a chaos decal on the rear window of his vehicle. I'm waiting for us to run into each other so I can introduce myself as a fellow aficionado of fine metal space barbies.
Put a card saying "this vehicle has been declares HERETICAL by order of the Imperial Inquisition" under his wiper.

ANAmal.net
Mar 2, 2002

100% digital native web developer

Star Man posted:

I hand painted a pretty sweet banner a year ago.

Hell yeah.

Guy Goodbody posted:

This kicks rear end.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

Tadhg posted:

"Why hello - I am also a huge fan of the Community ENTerprise Operating System!"

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

Hamshot posted:

Welp, my curiosity got the better of me. Further evidence that Tau really are soulless.

Jokes aside, how the heck did they do that? Printed waterslide transfer paper?

i donut think those are gundam animes :raise:

these are however!

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003
This is quite badass, and does a good job at retaining the Tau aesthetic, while looking like it might actually be something a military would use (but that's probably due more to the paint color.)

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
They look real different from other WH Mecha but I never really got the Gundam comparison. With some exception they borrow a lot more from the Macross grunts and their Battletech successors then Gundam.

mango sentinel fucked around with this message at 15:51 on Dec 9, 2016

The Sex Cannon
Nov 22, 2004

Eh. I'm pretty content with my current logo.
Where on the GW webstore do I find those old models that they're doing fr the limited production runs.

I want to buy that loving space pope.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

berzerkmonkey posted:

This is quite badass, and does a good job at retaining the Tau aesthetic, while looking like it might actually be something a military would use (but that's probably due more to the paint color.)

That's because it's almost entirely made with Tau vehicle pieces.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

mango sentinel posted:

They look real different from other WH Mecha but I never really got the Gundam comparison. With some exception they borrow a lot more from the Macross grunts and their Battletech successors then Gundam.

Gundam fits the "lol tau weeaboo babies" barbs, battletech is officially Cool

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Tadhg posted:

Neeeeerrrrd! :v:

That's seriously awesome, though. Mad respect for your commitment to this hobby.

Dude! Tadhg! How you doing duder? Haven't seen you round these parts lately. And just write a message in lipstick on his windshield asking for a game, works every time.

Guy Goodbody posted:

The Sex Cannon posted:

Where on the GW webstore do I find those old models that they're doing fr the limited production runs.

I want to buy that loving space pope.
I think they go up Saturday, they did last time anywho.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
Saturday, alongside the limited ed Canoness. Supposedly there's a whole bunch of oop Sisters and Inquisition stuff going up as well as the stuff that's already been revealed.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
In the latest episode of the Independent Characters when talking about objective cards there's an option you didn't come up with. You can take a bit of a cue from Malifaux and flip one or more common objectives, then also a couple of hidden ones. It gives you both a central objective to clash over while you get to still use subterfuge to try and accomplish your hidden ones.

GreenMarine
Apr 25, 2009

Switchblade Switcharoo
Surely I'm not the only Goon Ham that thinks Gundams are really stupid? Sometimes it feels that way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
a lot of people think that it's just that every two weeks some loving dipshit wanders in here and talks about gunpla models as if that has anything to do with warhammer 40k or that there were appreciable comparisons to be made between the two things

• Locked thread