Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

ArbitraryC posted:

My point sorta entirely hinges on that not being the point
Lying to your SO for cheap points to win is good? It was conveyed in authority.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
I know it's worth a lot of internet points but being technically right is usually not a good way to resolve arguments in relationships.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

DragQueenofAngmar posted:

hmmmm

Wife [28f]yells at me [29m] in her native language whenever she's upset, and refuses to teach our child [2m] in anything but her language. How to get her to listen to me?

obviously this is a weird situation, but it's still loving hilarious that not once does he think that maybe he ought to learn this language as well

Yeah, like its beyond weird shes hiding English books and denying the kid the opportunity to be bilingual, but on the other hand this guy cant learn baby level vocab in 9 years.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

hmmmm

Wife [28f]yells at me [29m] in her native language whenever she's upset, and refuses to teach our child [2m] in anything but her language. How to get her to listen to me?

obviously this is a weird situation, but it's still loving hilarious that not once does he think that maybe he ought to learn this language as well
It seems like he might already speak the language? Maybe not fluently enough to understand heated yelling.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

hmmmm

after 9 years! how did he not pick up on some of it inadvertently?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Khorne posted:

It seems like he might already speak the language? Maybe not fluently enough to understand heated yelling.

He cant tell a toddler stuff, so unless shes trained the kid to not respect him in some complicated revenge scenario to drive him insane, his command of the language isnt great.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Guess the ages before/if you make it through this loving thing

Me [25 M/F] with my [27 F] friend, 4th date meltdown :D

quote:

ohhh my god. I met this girl through social circle and we have hung out 3 times on the pretence of writing something together. No moves made as of yet. She seems to have relatively unhelpful body language, but otherwise seemed interested. She came over on Friday night a few hours later than she said (grr... 10:30pm from an original 7pm), we had a drink at a bar and the conversation was great. Grabbed a pizza, went back to mine, it was going well, but conversation just kept droning on, and I finally fuckin had it with her and I legitimately couldn't concentrate, so I just said

"I can't concentrate and I feel like I should kiss you"

"Really?"

uhh... I just went for it, and she wasn't totally reciprocal. So I changed the topic. VERY AWKWARDLY. And we talked for a bit, and it kinda fizzled, and shes like ok I gotta go.

And at this point I was like fdksjsdksdskf. She said "walk me to the station?"

So I did and I must have looked bemused in the lift and she's like "what's up"?

Then I had a total meltdown. (all lines said with a smile and a lot of laughter)

"I don't get it! I'm getting mixed signals, you seem interested, but you also don't"

"Did you expect me to stay over?"

"Well I kissed you or whatever but you didn't seem that into it"

"Maybe I would have kissed you more if I was drunker"

"????"

She changed the subject but I thought it would just be too weird if I didn't say more, or I just couldn't stop talking/looking for validation at that point =x As we approached the station:

"OK so am I gonna see you another time or is this where we say goodbye or whatever" [i REALLY shouldn't have said this]

"Well we still have a script to write..."

"haha ok." [Couldn't find anything else to talk about]

Also along the way I must have said

"I've never had this conversation before. What is going on right now. this is so weird" at least twice

her: "haha this isn't weird" and towards the end - only line without a smile "ok before you felt weird but now I'm feeling a bit weird"

so then I'm like K whatever. See ya... whenever. Are we gonna kiss? I feel like I should try anyway." [fsdhjfsdksd]

So I move in to kiss her and she pulls away, laughing

In the background some busker is playing "never gonna give you up" on electric guitar

and then out of nowhere she's like "ok try again", and straightens herself up in front of me. And we make out for a bit, but I actually couldn't stop laughing - "what??" "Sorry this whole thing is too ridiculous :D This is like some terrible rom-com. See you pfpfpfpfpdfopsfduf whenever hits her hands"

All lines except the one about it being weird said in very good spirit. Still, I really needed to get that out. I can't believe this happened. If you have some idea of what I should do next, do tell. We had this stupid exchange online immediately after.
me - THAT DID NOT HAPPEN

"what, the hat?" [reference to earlier]

"haha"

"Just apologize tomorrow ;)"

":D"

"maybe you should make them a cake"

"Or a hat at their doorstep"

" [thumbsup]"

tl;dr: Totally melted down on a date and expressed my feelings out of sheer frustration. Oh my god. I dont know. Now what. Thanks for listening. FML

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Danaru posted:

Sorry, I no longer want to know their ages, or honestly, anything about them other than confirmation you won't make me read more of his writing.

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem

Barudak posted:

Sorry, I no longer want to know their ages, or honestly, anything about them other than confirmation you won't make me read more of his writing.

" [thumbsup]"

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
i was very sure that they were either 14 or 40, the actual reality is so much more confusing :psyduck:

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Like regardless of where's or not this guy should have learned his wife's language it seems bad to me that the child is on its way to having English be its second language in the states. I'm not a child speech development expert but he does have a reason to be concerned.

Streak
May 16, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo

Danaru posted:

gently caress you. gently caress you for making me read that.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Danaru posted:

They need spaying and neutering.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
"Ik lulz I rawrs her but she didn't glomp me back asfgsdfh??!?!"

TheWeepingHorse
Nov 20, 2009

My wife and I are raising bilingual children (English/Cantonese). (Our youngest is just a baby who doesn't even speak yet, so let's just focus on my son.) My wife is an elementary school teacher who teaches in our city's Chinatown, I'm some dude who speaks English and, uh, minored in linguistics, actually forget I said anything about myself.

Anyway, our understanding is that the best way to raise bilingual children is to have one parent speak one language and another parent speak the other language. It's okay if the parents speak either language to one another, but it is Bad for, say, the English-speaking parent to mix languages when speaking to the child. It's actually pretty amazing, seeing how quickly our son picks up not only both languages, but also the fact that mom uses one language and that dad uses another and ne'er the twain shall meet.

My work hours are longer and my wife has summers off and my Cantonese-speaking in-laws are the caregivers when we can't be around. So, the kid hears a lot more Cantonese than English. So, how has that worked out? Walp...until he was about 2.5, he mostly spoke Cantonese, because I'm the only guy speaking English to him on a daily basis. And now that he's in daycare, what we're really concerned about is him losing the Cantonese, because his English proficiency has skyrocketed, which is nice, but he's also talking *to himself* in English much more often. It is clear that we are going to have to constantly fight to keep his Canto skills sharp.

Anyway, that's all a roundabout way of saying that both parents in that question have valid concerns, but they're also both making some mistakes. Mom *should* teach her child her native language. He needs to get over that. He also needs to get over the fact that his kid's English is not going to be as strong until he begins daycare/pre-k/whatever. However, mom is mistaken to hide English books, or to have the English-speaking parent speak any other language to their child. When little kids learn language, it's not like pouring a pitcher into a shot glass - it's more like cross-training - English isn't going to push the other language out - instead, keep the kid strong on all fronts.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

blarzgh posted:

"Ik lulz I rawrs her but she didn't glomp me back asfgsdfh??!?!"

Soon he will be teh hubbeh

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

TheWeepingHorse posted:

My wife and I are raising bilingual children (English/Cantonese). (Our youngest is just a baby who doesn't even speak yet, so let's just focus on my son.) My wife is an elementary school teacher who teaches in our city's Chinatown, I'm some dude who speaks English and, uh, minored in linguistics, actually forget I said anything about myself.

Anyway, our understanding is that the best way to raise bilingual children is to have one parent speak one language and another parent speak the other language. It's okay if the parents speak either language to one another, but it is Bad for, say, the English-speaking parent to mix languages when speaking to the child. It's actually pretty amazing, seeing how quickly our son picks up not only both languages, but also the fact that mom uses one language and that dad uses another and ne'er the twain shall meet.

My work hours are longer and my wife has summers off and my Cantonese-speaking in-laws are the caregivers when we can't be around. So, the kid hears a lot more Cantonese than English. So, how has that worked out? Walp...until he was about 2.5, he mostly spoke Cantonese, because I'm the only guy speaking English to him on a daily basis. And now that he's in daycare, what we're really concerned about is him losing the Cantonese, because his English proficiency has skyrocketed, which is nice, but he's also talking *to himself* in English much more often. It is clear that we are going to have to constantly fight to keep his Canto skills sharp.

Anyway, that's all a roundabout way of saying that both parents in that question have valid concerns, but they're also both making some mistakes. Mom *should* teach her child her native language. He needs to get over that. He also needs to get over the fact that his kid's English is not going to be as strong until he begins daycare/pre-k/whatever. However, mom is mistaken to hide English books, or to have the English-speaking parent speak any other language to their child. When little kids learn language, it's not like pouring a pitcher into a shot glass - it's more like cross-training - English isn't going to push the other language out - instead, keep the kid strong on all fronts.

As a bilinguinal raised as such myself, thank you for this gudpost. Explained quite a lot.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

quote:

Husband [28.5M] overdosed on "sizzurp" and I [26F] don't know what to doRelationships
submitted 9 hours ago * by girlthrownawayy
Throwaway.
My worst nightmare finally happened three days ago and I feel so responsible because I never a) made him stop or b) used to buy part of his drink for him and sometimes even make it. I went out with my friends and came home to Christian, my husband, passed out in our bedroom because he overdosed on his drugged drink. His bullshit friend ran away because he was the one who served the drinks and was afraid his loving face was going to be arrested for manslaughter. He called my husband when my husband was already in the hospital hours later and apologized to me and told me what happened to "inform me". Just know that my husband had 1-3 hours left to live if he didn't get medical help and that call he thought he was doing me a favor with would have been too late.
Backstory is basically my husband's parents never were there for him and they had his mom's friend who was already very old take care of him. She basically assumed the mother position in his life and used to make him sizzurp since he was 10. I have known about his drug use months into us dating because he a) always had a Styrofoam cup with him b) never wanted to share with me his "soda" until one day he told me about it. I never thought it would be a problem because he's an extremely functioning, determined, healthy, and smart person. I didn't know too much about the drug until I researched it a little more and realized how fatal overdoses were but when I confronted him, he just told me not to worry which in itself is dumb and that it was one of the only things to get him to relax since he works so hard doesn't sleep that much. He still sleeps around 4.5 hours but I try to get him into bed earlier.
His friend was supposed to be one of his best friends and he knew my husband even before I even dated him but I'm glad he showed himself when it really mattered. What makes this worse is that I bought him his gummy worms for the drink which makes this all the more ironic because I make sure that the food I make is healthy and clean for us. What a loving good wife I was.
I'm going to tell him too loving bad if he wants to ever touch that poison again and if he ever does that I'm going to leave him until he gets clean. We're planning on kids very soon and before I let him get near me again intimately, he needs to get 100% clean. The doctor I talked to said that there are huge withdrawals especially in the abdominals but I'm going to be there for him every step.
The only thing I'm worried about is how he might bring up how how I never cared about it before and that's what I need help about. He's very bright, social, and a very thoughtful person but I don't know what to answer back if he brings that up about me since I have been for the last 2.5 years of our marriage buying him the candy for it and even making him the drink sometimes to relax. What if he doesn't want to quit and will say he'll just be more careful or something to that effect or that it was his friend's fault? Even though the last part is true, I don't ever want to see him that way again because I let it happen. We have such a good marriage together and I don't ever want to even think of losing him.
Divorce isn't even in my vocabulary and I love him so much. Aside from the drug use our marriage has been crystal clear perfect in sex, affection, diet, finances, etc. I already told my husband I never want his friend to talk to him again or step foot in my house again and after he heard everything he agreed to it. He's doing much better and is past the horrible and iffy stage of the overdose but is still extremely sick and so I haven't given him the smackdown yet. I'm so sick and scared still and really am so ashamed at myself at the same time. He's still in the hospital and I'm still scared that sometimes might happen when I'm not there but it's probably just me worrying.
tl;dr My husband overdosed on "sizzurp" and I came home to find him 1-3 hours away from death. His friend called him and told me that he served too much of the drug in my husband's drink and ran away because he was afraid he'd be arrested for manslaughter. There's no way I'm ever going to let him be anywhere near his "friend" or sizzurp again but I don't know how I should approach this and don't know what to reply if he says why I didn't care before or why I made the drink/bought him the ingredients. I'm so sick and scared right now and don't know when I should confront him or what to tell him to get it through his head.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Somehow I think the bar there for everything being great is actually pretty low.

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

Barudak posted:

He cant tell a toddler stuff, so unless shes trained the kid to not respect him in some complicated revenge scenario to drive him insane, his command of the language isnt great.

He only knows the words his wife uses on him, so all he could do is basically call his toddler a fat, limp-dicked yankee piece of poo poo.

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan
"Hey Tim, it's great to have you over. Can I get you a drink, bud? The game's on in a minute. I've got some beer, a little vodka left over from the block party, some- oh, what's that? Yeah? Sure, I think I got all that stuff."

*Fixes two prescription-strength cough syrup, mountain dew, and jolly rancher cocktails*

"Cheers buddy! Sorry it took so long to find the styrofoam cups, I could only find normal glassware! Haha!"

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Clark Nova posted:

He only knows the words his wife uses on him, so all he could do is basically call his toddler a fat, limp-dicked piece of poo poo.

If it's a boy, its 50% true at least.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO fucked around with this message at 17:04 on Jun 10, 2017

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

What the gently caress is sizzurp

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Mak0rz posted:

What the gently caress is sizzurp

codeine cough syrup and soda, but I didn't think this was something you could overdose on
unless i guess you drank a bucket of it

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Uhhh nah that poo poo is pretty powerful

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!
drinking drugs is a super bad idea compared to like any other delivery method, impossible to dose, uptake rates vary too much, etc

people overdose on poppyseed tea for the same reasons, hard to tell what's strong enough and how much you've had and low long you should wait to feel effects

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

You don't drink drugs, Morty.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

drinking drugs is a super bad idea compared to like any other delivery method, impossible to dose, uptake rates vary too much, etc

people overdose on poppyseed tea for the same reasons, hard to tell what's strong enough and how much you've had and low long you should wait to feel effects

edibles are scary

And now, a post I don't think is a troll, but I wish was

I (20M) dont know what to do after this i went to this concert with my friend (18F).Dating (self.relationships)

quote:

Hey guys i need help with what I'm going through right now. Ive been friends with this girl for a couple of months now and really just thought of her as just a friend since we've been talking. Anyways one of my other buddies flaked out on me at this concert i really wanted go to and i asked my (18F) friend if she wanted to go. She liked the headlining artist a lot but the bands that were playing play a type of music that is a for a very niche group of people that most Females or just most people generally would not like.

Anyways, we ended up going to this concert and we had a blast the whole time and she seemed like she was really getting into the music. Anyways this one guy while we were there was trying to get to the front of the stage and was getting in between me and my friend. I asked him if he wanted me to switch spots with him so he be closer to the stage ( so i wouldn't bail my friend for a closer spot either) and he agreed. Me and this guy started talking and he asked if my friend "Was my girl". To keep the explanation short i said yes and nodded. She heard this and after i said this i had this strange feeling ( like comfort and warmness came over me). I felt like i was proud to call her mine. Ive always thought she was cute and we got along since we enjoyed some of the same things but this night at the concert really made me think i could see myself with this girl.

I felt so good after and was on a emotional high afterwards but became sad because scars from a previous relationship haven't healed and I'm scared to get into a relationship since i don't want to lose a good friend. Anyways I've been thinking about this girl nonstop since that concert. I could also tell that after i said that she was mine it was like her eyes lit up and her mood changed. She seemed more interested in a romantic way than before and has actually touched me a couple times ( she was intentionally bumping into me at the concert after i said this) and on the way home she touched my hand purposely. Anyways idk what to do i feel I'm not ready to tell her how i feel and I'm just waiting for what i think to be "puppy love" to wear off. My last relationship has made me very bitter about love and this was the first time I've felt like this in a long time.

tl;dr Me and my friend who is a girl went to a concert and things escalated in a romantic tension way and i feel like i like this girl and she likes me too. Ive been thinking about her nonstop after this concert and am afraid to tell her how i feel since my last relationship really hurt me. Anyways i could see myself with her but things are holding me back.

What should i Do about this situation? Should i tell her how i feel or not say anything?

You might be wondering "what kind of music was this? Is OP a Juggalo?

quote:

It was a Math Rock concert.

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.

Can you explain why it's impossible to dose? It seems to me like if you're using prescription cough syrup and the rest of the ingredients aren't drugs then the amount of drug that's in the amount of cough syrup you're using (which you could, conceivably, measure) is the dose you are ingesting; if it's truly impossible to be sure of a dosage in liquid form isn't it dangerously negligent of doctors to prescribe drinkable codeine to anyone in the first place?

e: poppyseed tea is different because you have to infuse it yourself, that's not at all similar to cough syrup tbh

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

Batterypowered7 posted:

I can't stop laughing at the mention of a hot pocket and I don't know why.

I'm just imagining the guy is an actual clown and hasn't told her yet. That's why he had free time to bring her a cookie while she's at work.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
I think I found Pick's Reddit account:

How long do you wait for a 38 y.o. boyfriend to get a job? (self.dating_advice)

quote:

I seem to keep ending up in relationships with men who loose or quit their job shortly after I meet them. I've spent many years waiting and taking care of them while they figure their life out. I'm always the caretaker, never get taken care of in return. The worst part is, they finally get jobs and figure it all out after I leave them, and I've spent MANY years waiting patiently, seeing them through tough times. I'm now in my late 30s and in another relationship with a man I thought was the one, but he quit his job 4 months ago and has no prospects. He's also depressed because of his unemployment. How long do I wait on this one? My window to get married and have kids is so so small. But finding a man in your late 30's is unbelievably difficult. Help.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Maybe she utterly destroys their self confidence and functionality :sun:

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!

InediblePenguin posted:

Can you explain why it's impossible to dose? It seems to me like if you're using prescription cough syrup and the rest of the ingredients aren't drugs then the amount of drug that's in the amount of cough syrup you're using (which you could, conceivably, measure) is the dose you are ingesting; if it's truly impossible to be sure of a dosage in liquid form isn't it dangerously negligent of doctors to prescribe drinkable codeine to anyone in the first place?

e: poppyseed tea is different because you have to infuse it yourself, that's not at all similar to cough syrup tbh

with cough syrup it's more that the sort of guy who's been drinking it since he was ten is just gonna eyeball that poo poo, and he's definitely not gonna be all "well, my last cup of lean had 2.5 mL of codeine by volume in it, which means I'm done for tonight going by my body weight"

e: what I'm saying is the form of the drug encourages being casual with how much you've had, much like alcohol

Brainworm
Mar 23, 2007

...one of these--
As he hath spices of them all, not all,
For I dare so far free him--made him fear'd...
Nap Ghost

e: what I'm saying is the form of the drug encourages being casual with how much you've had, much like alcohol

I know this is a reach, but hear me out: Drug users are careful until they're not.

putrid aidsman
Apr 13, 2017

by Lowtax

quote:

My wife (33F, separated) asked me (36M) if she could have some of my sperm to try to have a daughter.

So this is a little complicated and I don't know how to take it. Details to follow...

So 2 days ago after work I leave the office and there just happens to be a woman who has overdosed on the alleyway across the street. The image of this person affected me a bit so I texted my ex and told her what happened later in the night because I couldn't fall asleep. She responded yesterday morning with the simple text of "that's crazy" and then followed it with "Can I borrow your sperm and separate the girl chromosomes so I can do invitro so I can have a girl?"

I thought she may have been joking so I responded half jokingly that we should do it the old fashioned way but she continued the conversation. Although she probably wouldn't go through with getting pregnant because she is at high risk for complications due to an auto immune disease she has had for the last 12 years. She had complications with our 10 year old, who is thankfully completely healthy now, but her last 2 ended in miscarriage. We've always wanted a daughter and she feels like her clock is ticking. I continued with it to see if she was serious about this or not. She doesn't want to adopt and it would be hard for her to do in our situation regardless. I also mentioned a surrogate but that went out the window.

The problem is my wife and I have been separated since Nov 2013 and she even started the divorce process but hasn't continued the process for the last 2 years. We've kept a civil relationship as we have 3 sons (10, 13, 16) and partially because I'm still in love with her... But what stuck me odd about this was that she has been in a relationship with someone for about a year now.

From what I hear it's serious and they have started living with each other. My kids don't talk about him and I don't ask. I usually just ask them if things are fine at home and if their mother is doing well. I just find it odd that she would ask me this when she is with someone else. Maybe she does want to get pregnant? Maybe she's trying to soften a blow if she decides to get pregnant by her boyfriend? Or maybe she does really want to have a child and wants me as the father? Is she trying to see if I still feel something for her and would be willing to work things out?

I don't know what to think and am really confused. I would love to have a daughter with her as she has always been the only woman who I have felt love for but I wouldn't want to do it in our current situation. What should I do? How should I feel about this?

Tl;Dr - my wife and I have been separated for 3.5 yrs and she has a new relationship but she asked me to give her another child. I don't know how serious she was and what I should do with her asking me this.

Edit: some words. Also as I stated above, I wouldn't want to go through with this because of our current situation. I wouldn't want to have a kid subjected to this. What I should've made clear is, how should I feel about all of this coming from her out of nowhere?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

A love story of two defective robots unable to be defective alone.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

putrid aidsman posted:

HOW SHOULD I FEEL ABOUT THIS

I dunno, how should you?

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

Danaru posted:

A story I finally have no doubt is completely true because you can't make this poo poo up

Brainworm
Mar 23, 2007

...one of these--
As he hath spices of them all, not all,
For I dare so far free him--made him fear'd...
Nap Ghost

maskenfreiheit posted:

I think I found Pick's Reddit account:

How long do you wait for a 38 y.o. boyfriend to get a job? (self.dating_advice)

I love how she beats the answer into the form of a question:

quote:

I've spent many years waiting and taking care of them while they figure their life out. [...] they finally get jobs and figure it all out after I leave them, and I've spent MANY years waiting patiently, seeing them through tough times.

I don't understand. I consistently support this behavior for years. Why doesn't it change?

Also, I haven't figured out how to break my lifelong pattern of choosing terrible partners. Is this the right time to have kids?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
I [16f] Told On These Girls [16f] for Smoking Weed, Now They're Bullying

quote:

I'm from Chile, living in Canada, and I'm pretty shy and not used to the customs here, so I don't have many friends at all. At lunchtime we're allowed to leave school grounds and go to nearby places to have lunch. Last Monday I was walking down there at lunch and I walked through this alley, when I was walking through it there were these girls from my grade who were standing there smoking weed. I got really nervous walking by them and I just walked by them without looking at them. At the end of lunch I went to the principles office and I told on them, and they got called down to the office and I think they got caught with weed in one of their bags as well, and they got suspended for 2 days.

There was 4 of them, when they saw me at school later on that week, they confronted me and asked why I told on them. And I felt really nervous and I didn't know what to say and I just started apologizing and I was really shaky/nervous, They said to mind my own business and stuff like that and they seemed kind of pissed off at me, and I started crying right infront of them, and now I'm nervous whenever I see them at school or anything. What should I do? What's your thoughts of this situation?

tl;dr: I told on these girls at school for smoking weed, they got in trouble, now they are bullying me and I'm nervous about what to do

Yes, telling someone once to "mind their own business" is bullying :rolleyes: