Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

by the way there's something like 60 members of those two committees (HPSCI and judiciary) combined so you can assume this will be like 8 hours long

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Hey, are we doing debate chat in here tomorrow or is there gon' be a separate thread?

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Dump Trump/Ditch Mitch 2020

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

Hey, I'm from Brooklyn. I'm going to call myself Mr. Friendly.

God this needs to happen. All this bullshit needs to be hung around every Republicans neck and not just the big wet president.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

Skippy McPants posted:

Hey, are we doing debate chat in here tomorrow or is there gon' be a separate thread?

If there's not a special thread for it, it would still belong in the Dem primary thread and not this one.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/ewarren/status/1143640076586536961?s=21

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2019/06/25/us/elections/results-queens-district-attorney-primary-election.html

Christ she's up by 733 votes with 77% in!

TheDisreputableDog
Oct 13, 2005

Lightning Knight posted:

New USPOL OP sometime later tonight.

Hey when are the new forum rules being posted? Thread was closed more than a month ago.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

USPOL Summer: Don’t tell your mother, we’re cruel for the summer

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Up by 578 votes. Unreal.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

Wow. Got it from an internal email to a presidential candidate in less than a day.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
Makes sense. The only Latinos you'll find for Trump are Cubans in Miami.

Also, don't know if this was posted:

https://twitter.com/cnnbrk/status/1143688843503316993?s=21

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

I thought Mueller basically said "gently caress you im out"?

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

I CAN'T SAY PRESIDENT DONALD JOHN TRUMP'S NAME BECAUSE HE'S LIKE THAT GUY FROM HARRY POTTER AND I'M AFRAID I'LL SUMMON HIM. DONALD JOHN TRUMP. YOUR FAVORITE PRESIDENT.
OUR 47TH PRESIDENT AFTER THE ONE WHO SHOWERS WITH HIS DAUGHTER DIES
Grimey Drawer

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

https://twitter.com/HeerJeet/status/1143676976919715841?s=19

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Gaunab posted:

Wow. Got it from an internal email to a presidential candidate in less than a day.

Seriously. This is good work goons.

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit

mistaya posted:

Seriously. This is good work goons.

Y'all deserve to pat yourselves on the back a bit here. Awesome work goons!

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I thought Mueller basically said that he would only just restate his report if he got subpoenaed. I hope that's not the case but Mueller has failed to live up to even the lowest standards of doing something productive and making people accountable so I don't have high hopes

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Wait did that wayfair poo poo seriously start here? :dance:

Can I get a summary? Ive been out of the loop today

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

Can I get a link to the original Wayfair post?

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

FlamingLiberal posted:

I thought Mueller basically said that he would only just restate his report if he got subpoenaed. I hope that's not the case but Mueller has failed to live up to even the lowest standards of doing something productive and making people accountable so I don't have high hopes

Even if that’s the case, him reading the report for sound bites will still be very effective.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

makes sense. alot of people rightfully see turtle as bigger monster than trump.

CubanMissile posted:

Makes sense. The only Latinos you'll find for Trump are Cubans in Miami.

Also, don't know if this was posted:

https://twitter.com/cnnbrk/status/1143688843503316993?s=21

interesting. while i don't expect much, at the very least some stuff might be made clearer also it will make trump mad.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.

Literally taking cues from the Ramsey Bolton Torture Playbook. Awesome.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

OhDearGodNo posted:

Even if that’s the case, him reading the report for sound bites will still be very effective.

this and they should also ask him about some of the behind-the-scenes process

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

Dapper_Swindler posted:

makes sense. alot of people rightfully see turtle as bigger monster than trump.

interesting. while i don't expect much, at the very least some stuff might be made clearer also it will make trump mad.

Here, I can show you what the testimony will look like:

"I cannot comment on that"

"The president's phrasing was inarticulate in this case, but I cannot comment on the meaning behind his words"

"That is not the way I would have phrased this specific request, but I cannot confirm there was an intent to obstruct"

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

cr0y posted:

Wait did that wayfair poo poo seriously start here? :dance:

Can I get a summary? Ive been out of the loop today

BRAKE FOR MOOSE posted:

Wayfair has been supplying bunk beds to the concentration camps, and employees are mad about it. They drafted a letter in protest that received several hundred signatures, with the main ask being to cut that poo poo out and establish a code of ethics that would prevent this from happening in the future.

Here is the response from the company leadership.

This should get media traction, but I don't know who to message that'd actually give a poo poo (I'm an indirect source and can't answer questions, and I can't give away the employee who leaked this to my group). Let them deal with the PR if that's going to be their opinion.

And then this

FizFashizzle posted:

I pasted that wayfair letter on my twitter.

I know none of us are twitter famous but if you share it something might happen. I dunno it takes two seconds.

https://twitter.com/fizfashizzle/status/1143530739541139457?s=21

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Good poo poo all you dead gay forum posters.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!
no it's not true. don't burn leak vectors or whatever, jfc have better op sec.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

A GIANT PARSNIP posted:

Here, I can show you what the testimony will look like:

"The president's phrasing was inarticulate in this case, but I cannot comment on the meaning behind his words"

"That is not the way I would have phrased this specific request, but I cannot confirm there was an intent to obstruct"

probably. i'll probably be at work so it won't mean poo poo.

Doctor Teeth
Sep 12, 2008

since he's been in the news lately i occasionally remember how hosed up it is that james eastland and shirley chisholm were in congress at the same time as members of the same party

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

700 vote difference with 87% in.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
A somewhat long thread on what hopefully doesn't happen over the next few years.

https://twitter.com/drvox/status/1143616413694775297

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1143616413694775297.html

https://twitter.com/josephenderson/status/1143631217327296513

Solenna
Jun 5, 2003

I'd say it was your manifest destiny not to.

mistaya posted:

As I said I don't think we should look away and I don't want it to not be posted because we do have to face what is going on, but I spent ten minutes sobbing on my desk over that picture and I am already as against this poo poo as I can possibly be. She was loving FOUR. She was hugging her dad when she drowned, just... I can't, okay? If I pick up a book about the Holocaust I know I'm going to look at bad poo poo and I'm prepared for it. I did not expect to see that scrolling through this thread.

Just put it behind tags so people can read about it happening and choose the level of exposure they can handle. That's all I'm asking.
Yeah crying at work is rough I had a hell of a time calming down too :(

That Wayfair stuff is cool as hell though

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

FlamingLiberal posted:

I thought Mueller basically said that he would only just restate his report if he got subpoenaed.

he said he wouldn't go beyond the four corners of his report, in other words, he's not going to speak about a bunch of currently-secret poo poo that hasn't been revealed

this was interpreted by the usual bad posters in here as "nothing matters he'll refuse to say anything like he's basically taking the fifth"

CmdrRiker
Apr 8, 2016

You dismally untalented little creep!

Party Plane Jones posted:

start coming up with good titles for summer

I thought Trump captured it well. And on the first day of summer, too, no less.

"....Death to America. I terminated deal"

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

I want someone to ask Mueller the very simple question:

"Did you inform Barr you were done or did Barr inform you that you were done?"

How that played out is key to all of Barrs fuckery.

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

eke out posted:

he said he wouldn't go beyond the four corners of his report, in other words, he's not going to speak about a bunch of currently-secret poo poo that hasn't been revealed

this was interpreted by the usual bad posters in here as "nothing matters he'll refuse to say anything like he's basically taking the fifth"

this time will be different!

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

cr0y posted:

I want someone to ask Mueller the very simple question:

"Did you inform Barr you were done or did Barr inform you that you were done?"

How that played out is key to all of Barrs fuckery.

"Yes"

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Holy poo poo I think Caban is going to win. Queens rules. First AOC now this...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Skippy McPants posted:

Why would it be here instead of the primaries thread?