Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

We’ve already hit 2,000 deaths for the day and the local news is horny for reopening everything. This is beyond insane

trup

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

4 year olds are generally not in kindergarten

maybe they meant preschool

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

We’ve already hit 2,000 deaths for the day and the local news is horny for reopening everything. This is beyond insane

it’s barely reported lmao

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Spergin Morlock posted:

a huge chunk of the participants are in prison now lol

Yeah but that doesn't matter when:

1. All that means is that they'll be tapped into the nazi prison gang network
1a. And subsequently be more radicalized and extreme

2. The individuals don't matter, they're expendable, and there's plenty of chuds to take the place of each one that dies or gets sent to prison.

That’s how fascism works though, the foot soldiers get sacrificed by the movement.

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

news going lickspittle to cover a few dozen screaming white people while they ignore pro-immigration reform marches with tens of thousands is very funny

KaptainKrunk
Feb 6, 2006

Italy has seen death and new cases rates peak and then fall. Same with France. Spain is falling too but is more of a plateau without further data.

The UK, US, India, Russia, Brazil have all poo poo the bed pretty badly. I wonder what they have in common...

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

euphronius posted:

it’s barely reported lmao

Hey lawyerman gimme a job, hiring has been frozen statewide and I'm feeling the squeeze.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Phi230 posted:

Hey lawyerman gimme a job, hiring has been frozen statewide and I'm feeling the squeeze.

hang a shingle.

it’s what I did

KaptainKrunk
Feb 6, 2006

also there's really no evidence to suggest that the US got the R0 of this thing below 1 on a national level. Now that states are reopening, testing isn't going up rapidly enough, and lol who is gonna do the contact tracing? this thing should plateau for quite a while

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

euphronius posted:

hang a shingle.

it’s what I did

but I never had chickenpox how am I supposed to get the shingles?

what lawyer you are

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 13 minutes!

euphronius posted:

hang a shingle.

it’s what I did

Wow! Edgar Snyder!

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

did u know he doesn’t do poo poo and his wife runs the firm

I have mad respect for that firm.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
its me, leering like a creep into the (closed) local public defender's office

Apr 7, 2003
Probation

euphronius posted:

did u know he doesn’t do poo poo and his wife runs the firm

I have mad respect for that firm.

I work in the same building and took a pee next to him once. My brush with fame

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

That’s how fascism works though, the foot soldiers get sacrificed by the movement.

they all know it too, which is why nobody wants to be "the first" to set things off

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
actually now that you think about it I bet in a month or two there's gonna be an insane need for landlord/tenant lawyers during eviction proceedings so maybe

or, you know, I could go back doing foreclosure defense but god that poo poo sucks.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

u need to scrounge up some office space and get put on court lists for referrals. and get a website

if u do criminal you can petition to get cases from the PD conflict lists which is huge business.

gregday
May 23, 2003

https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/1255968065105297408

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

my bony fealty posted:

news going lickspittle to cover a few dozen screaming white people while they ignore pro-immigration reform marches with tens of thousands is very funny

if you yell out during a debate they will refuse to cover you lmao

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

lol stfu orange bitch

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Phi230 posted:

actually now that you think about it I bet in a month or two there's gonna be an insane need for landlord/tenant lawyers during eviction proceedings so maybe

or, you know, I could go back doing foreclosure defense but god that poo poo sucks.

Bankruptcy law is going to be HOT HOT HOT!

Apr 7, 2003
Probation
I know it’s 2020 and I should be over it by now but I especially feel like I’m in crazy world today what with the threats of violence at the Michigan state house and every news outlet here being horny for reopening despite the day’s death counter already being an additional 26% on top of the normal death rate.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

landlord tenant law is GARBAGE from the tenant side

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Samsquamsch posted:

FreeTaxUSA, been using them for 3 years. I have stock sales I have to account for too, and with a discount they were running it cost me $13 to file, another $7 to mail my stock summary to the IRS. That's about how much I pay every year through them. Got my refunds both state and federal the next week.

Cool, thank you for the recommendation. Will check it out. :)

KaptainKrunk
Feb 6, 2006

if you believe the death counts of the CHUD-run states you are a moron

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

haha back to work machine go "brrrrrrrrrrrr"

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

euphronius posted:

hang a shingle.

it’s what I did

How the heck did you pull that off, it seems impossible

Also I have no idea how landlord tenant lawyers make money , their clients are seemingly all broke. The foreclosure defense guys who just took 1/3 of the defaulted mortgage payment a month had the real cashfloe

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators

I know it’s 2020 and I should be over it by now but I especially feel like I’m in crazy world today what with the threats of violence at the Michigan state house and every news outlet here being horny for reopening despite the day’s death counter already being an additional 26% on top of the normal death rate.

crack ping is an ongoing process

Torpor
Oct 20, 2008

.. and now for my next trick, I'll pretend to be a political commentator...

HONK HONK
the left seems to be in disarray at the moment and I mean even more so than usual.

Apr 7, 2003
Probation

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

crack ping is an ongoing process

Yeah, they’re literally going to scream “EVERYTHING IS FINE” at the top of their lungs and Trump is going to win re-election in a country getting double-cornholed by an economic crash and a pandemic of his making. It really is something.

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo
https://www.businessinsider.com/mcdonalds-concerned-by-meat-shortages-new-allocation-policy-2020-4

quote:

McDonald's is temporarily changing how restaurants get their supply of beef and pork, as the U.S. faces potential meat shortages due to slaughterhouse closures. 

McDonald's has put items including burger patties, bacon, and sausage on controlled allocation. That means the company's supply chain will send restaurants meat shipments based on calculated demand across the system, as opposed to the usual practice of management ordering the amount believed will be needed. 

The company confirmed to Business Insider that, while McDonald's is able to meet the system's needs at this point, distribution centers went on managed supply and restaurants on controlled allocation as of Wednesday out of <b>an abundance of caution</b>.

Riots over not being able to get a Mcdouble

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Horseshoe theory posted:

Bankruptcy law is going to be HOT HOT HOT!

I was actually taught bankruptcy law by the local bankruptcy trustee so that might not be a bad idea

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators

Yeah, they’re literally going to scream “EVERYTHING IS FINE” at the top of their lungs and Trump is going to win re-election in a country getting double-cornholed by an economic crash and a pandemic of his making. It really is something.

I'm able to laugh at our pathetic covid response and all the gun horny chuds but opening the succ zone thread these days brings out my sadbrains in a hurry.

HAMAS HATE BOAT
Jun 5, 2010

A HORNY SWEARENGEN posted:

You, a moron: I pay taxes so if everything goes tits up I don't die horribly

Me, an American and therefore smart: Duh, I pay taxes so I can be forced to starve to death at gunpoint if I do not toil

actually you pay taxes so that the Troops can force other countries people to starve to death at gunpoint AND toil

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

what if u injected an entire tide pod into a lung? would this prevent coronavirus infection???

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Jazerus posted:

what if u injected an entire tide pod into a lung? would this prevent coronavirus infection???

Technically yes

Apr 7, 2003
Probation

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

I'm able to laugh at our pathetic covid response and all the gun horny chuds but opening the succ zone thread these days brings out my sadbrains in a hurry.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

what % is this

Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Talking head said one in six (16.67%) but I’m not sure if that’s an actual number

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HAMAS HATE BOAT
Jun 5, 2010

blatman posted:

given how people are going full idiot ... I don't see anyone trusting America ever again

are you in the right head space to receive information about every single day since WW2?