Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Talking to TVs
Jan 6, 2017

Talking to TVs posted:

Yeah like coca cola life. It says LIFE it totally won't kill you.

I love how one day the truth will come to light and all these Obama dick riders will realize how utterly wrong and duped they are.

And they will say omg talking to tvs was right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

Talking to TVs posted:

And they will say omg talking to tvs was right.

they'll look up and scream "save us" and i'll look down and whisper "that's a real obummer"

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003

Talking to TVs posted:

gently caress all you manchildren. I live in the real world where I gotta loving starve when I get surprise bills. All my friends are poor black people and we all agree on politics. Obama flushed this country down the toilet.

Lol at the retard hollering about our glorious first lady trying to make kids eat healthy. The stupid oval office made school lunch turn into a jailhouse tier snack. Now all the godforsaken impoverished children with crackhead parents lost their only decent meal of the day. Way to go neoliberals! You can't get fat if your starving like a homeless person!

Obama care is a fuckin travesty. Period. This conversation is over close thread.

source your quotes bud

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

And also history will smile on the Bush administration and everyone will miss him and the very successful decisions he made.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

Moon Atari posted:

And also history will smile on the Bush administration and everyone will miss him and the very successful decisions he made.

Remember when he gave everyone 50 bucks? That was pretty cool.

The rest, man, I don't know what he was thinking.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Amarcarts posted:

Sure. The kind that doesn't sell you trucks. See almost anything before 9/11.

Like this?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Ndqy9nk4euo

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Moon Atari posted:

Yes, because 300 year old Cyborg Dick Chaney will be reflecting on events fondly.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Talking to TVs posted:

gently caress all you manchildren. I live in the real world where I gotta loving starve when I get surprise bills. All my friends are poor black people and we all agree on politics. Obama flushed this country down the toilet.

As people get more extreme on both sides of this poo poo, they fail to be able to see when someone is just "meh." You ask one majority and Obama was the devil, ask another and he was a trailblazing saint. The truth is he was just a kind of conservative president who's job was "Meh, OK, B- rating" the entire time.

But you can't rant about how horrible someone who is meh is, nor can you lament their loss. So more screaming of TRAITOR!!!! or SAVIOR!!!! ensues.

I loving hate people.

Talking to TVs
Jan 6, 2017

Moon Atari posted:

Well Obama had 8 years to clean up that mess and all he did was throw gas on the fire and poo poo all over the carpet.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Talking to TVs posted:

Well Obama had 8 years to clean up that mess and all he did was throw gas on the fire and poo poo all over the carpet.

No, all he did was plug holes left in the system. As a result he gave up any will to try to do more with the ship than plug holes. He didn't course correct, he just kept it afloat for 8 years.

Nothing great. Nothing terrible. We didn't sink, we didn't travel somewhere great.

Absolute meh.

Talking to TVs
Jan 6, 2017

Blazing Ownager posted:

As people get more extreme on both sides of this poo poo, they fail to be able to see when someone is just "meh." You ask one majority and Obama was the devil, ask another and he was a trailblazing saint. The truth is he was just a kind of conservative president who's job was "Meh, OK, B- rating" the entire time.

But you can't rant about how horrible someone who is meh is, nor can you lament their loss. So more screaming of TRAITOR!!!! or SAVIOR!!!! ensues.

I loving hate people.

This country needed to be saved and he dropped the ball in every aspect. There was no room for a C- President it was pretty black and white.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Talking to TVs posted:

This country needed to be saved and he dropped the ball in every aspect. There was no room for a C- President it was pretty black and white.

Maybe you weren't keeping up on events but the Republican party was broken, the Democratic party was broken, and frankly there's not a lot you could do with the current busted rear end party system.

The whole thing needs a complete reboot that the people in charge will never let happen and nobody will ever force them to reboot because people think the way to affect change is to live on a street corner for weeks waving a sign while rich people laugh at them.

loving stupid.

PS: I still think the world would have been immensely better off if an asteroid hit the last presidental debate. Nothing of value would have been lost.

Talking to TVs
Jan 6, 2017

Blazing Ownager posted:

Maybe you weren't keeping up on events but the Republican party was broken, the Democratic party was broken, and frankly there's not a lot you could do with the current busted rear end party system.

The whole thing needs a complete reboot that the people in charge will never let happen and nobody will ever force them to reboot because people think the way to affect change is to live on a street corner for weeks waving a sign while rich people laugh at them.

loving stupid.

Umm hello?? We elected our Lord and savior Donald Trump.

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*

Blazing Ownager posted:

No, all he did was plug holes left in the system. As a result he gave up any will to try to do more with the ship than plug holes. He didn't course correct, he just kept it afloat for 8 years.

Nothing great. Nothing terrible. We didn't sink, we didn't travel somewhere great.

Absolute meh.

It's hard to do a lot when the opposing seated party wants you to fail as miserably as possible.

Obama was pretty good, he could have been a lot better.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Talking to TVs posted:

Umm hello?? We elected our Lord and savior Donald Trump.

First thing he does: Recruit all the Republicans that were the problem in the first place. Now he's going to peace out to Trump Tower to be a figurehead while motherfucking Pence is the real president.

Sorry this won't go the way you want it to. Not that I wanted Clinton to win either.

Talking to TVs
Jan 6, 2017

Tonetta posted:

It's hard to do a lot when the opposing seated party wants you to fail as miserably as possible.

God drat I am so tired of hearing that tired Mickey mouse bullshit. Don't you remember the first two years when he had a Democrat majority AND NOTHING GOOD HAPPENED???

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Tonetta posted:

Yep. Why I said the parties were busted so there wasn't a lot TO do but fix leaks in a doomed ship.

The Republicans are lock-step terrible and the Democrats are a bunch of corrupt idiots that can't unite on anything. And yeah corrupt since Clinton's manipulation of them to make herself the candidate showed, which ultimately saw them crushingly defeated.

gently caress them all. If I could snap my fingers and have every single member of government swinging from a light pole, I'd do it. It's time to start over.

Talking to TVs
Jan 6, 2017

Blazing Ownager posted:

First thing he does: Recruit all the Republicans that were the problem in the first place. Now he's going to peace out to Trump Tower to be a figurehead while motherfucking Pence is the real president.

Sorry this won't go the way you want it to. Not that I wanted Clinton to win either.

Yeah I know it's not gonna happen but it's like when you buy a lottery ticket and fantasize about how you're going to spend all that money.

So after he fails to make America great again when does the civil war start?

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Talking to TVs posted:

God drat I am so tired of hearing that tired Mickey mouse bullshit. Don't you remember the first two years when he had a Democrat majority AND NOTHING GOOD HAPPENED???

Yeah I do. Like I said, the Democrats, even with the numbers, could not organize on a single issue. Where as a minority Republican party runs a LOCKSTEP OR WE KICK YOU OUT mentality that keeps them winning votes.

The parties are poo poo. Every single thing about them is poo poo. They're massively corrupt, the older the guard, worse they are. They will gently caress everything up forever, no matter who wins.

They need a reboot. A full reboot. We need 3 new parties and to erase both the loving old ones. But it won't happen again because people are too stupid to actually do something about it when they think their stupid little park protests "is doing something."

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

Talking to TVs posted:

Remember when we were waist deep in bush oil schemes that caused our whole economy to capsize, and instead of going heavy into the next great depression, we leveled and then seen the highest job growth and highest consecutive job growth months since the 80s and 60s respectively?

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Talking to TVs posted:

Yeah I know it's not gonna happen but it's like when you buy a lottery ticket and fantasize about how you're going to spend all that money.

So after he fails to make America great again when does the civil war start?

You're right it's not going to happen because people are taught from the time they were small children that peaceful protest works and is the only acceptable thing in today's society.

I think we'd be in a different world today if those 2% protests stormed the Bank of America tower and hurled the entire board off the top floor.

But people will just go "Oh, no, that won't bring change! Real change comes from slogans and standing without pay in the rain!"

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

scuba school sucks posted:

Only place I've ever worked that bragged about how high their turnover rate was.

K but once you get out of retail bullshit that's really not the norm. I'd rather give a good employee working minimum wage a $2/hr bump rather than lose that employee and roll the dice on a new person who I now have to train and poo poo too.

scuba school sucks posted:

(edit) Also I might actually be a moron and really honestly not particularly better than any of those ten thousand Mexicans or like 999000 of those white guys.

Well that's a decent argument really. Ideally there would be a public option so we don't have 3rd party private insurers trying to make a buck between us and efficient healthcare but the GOP hates you.

Talking to TVs
Jan 6, 2017
Jesus Christ Mr propaganda officer I saw a report where 95% of the new jobs under Obama were part time or contract jobs. If you seriously believe their bullshit numbers you're delusional or live in a boom city. Most of America ain't a boom town it's terrible down here in the real America.

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

I would be happy with evicting our entire seated government and starting over, but we'd also have to rid ourselves of the bankers and lobbyists first

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Blazing Ownager posted:

You're right it's not going to happen because people are taught from the time they were small children that peaceful protest works and is the only acceptable thing in today's society.

I think we'd be in a different world today if those 2% protests stormed the Bank of America tower and hurled the entire board off the top floor.

But people will just go "Oh, no, that won't bring change! Real change comes from slogans and standing without pay in the rain!"

And yeah for real though.

Every time I was like "why don't those idiots go at least disrupt the trading floor by mobbing it until no one can get in" people would go "then they'd get arrested though" and I'm like uhhhh yeah?????

Needs more Malcolm X.

quote:

Concerning nonviolence, it is criminal to teach a man not to defend himself when he is the constant victim of brutal attacks.

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008

Talking to TVs posted:

real America.

Lol

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Tonetta posted:

I would be happy with evicting our entire seated government and starting over, but we'd also have to rid ourselves of the bankers and lobbyists first

Basically what we actually need is Revolution but like I said before, the US figured out if you want to stop people from EVER revolting, just train them that running around marching in a protest is "changing something."

Quite literally protests haven't accomplished notable poo poo since, at best, the 1960s or 70s. Since then they have literally done jack poo poo. People look down on protestors. The people being protested look down on protestors. Nothing gets loving done running up and down a street screaming things. But they go home self-satisfied, so they don't do what actually needs to be done.

It's kind of insidious.

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

Talking to TVs posted:

Jesus Christ Mr propaganda officer I saw a report where 95% of the new jobs under Obama were part time or contract jobs. If you seriously believe their bullshit numbers you're delusional or live in a boom city. Most of America ain't a boom town it's terrible down here in the real America.

If by real america you meanhave uneducated poorville then yes it's real bad because you're all big dummies who take the first news story that fits your pre-perceived narrative and run with it without any fact checking, despite having pretty much all the information known to man publicly available 3 clicks and 5 words away on a device that is almost never more than 10 feet away.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

He's right (lord help me) in that the 'full employment' poo poo the Fed keeps talking about is some utter bullshit.

full employment in my rear end in a top hat

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Blazing Ownager posted:

I loving hate people.

I like this post but people loving hate when you say "The truth is somewhere in the middle" for some reason.

scuba school sucks
Aug 30, 2012

The brilliance of my posting illuminates the forums like a jar of shining gold when all around is dark

Moridin920 posted:

And yeah for real though.

Every time I was like "why don't those idiots go at least disrupt the trading floor by mobbing it until no one can get in" people would go "then they'd get arrested though" and I'm like uhhhh yeah?????

Needs more Malcolm X.

gently caress, needs more Bane. Remember when there was that pencil necked corporate takeover guy and Bane snapped his neck like a pencil? Just LARPing the first half of The Dark Knight Rises all day on Wall Street. Then when the ineffectual protesters are shouting their demands instead of brutally suppressing them the cops can just be, "uh yeah we can't understand you when you want to speak English let us know".

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

Republicans are right to have contempt for the poor: they don't vote and therefore don't matter. Politically speaking, of course.

I AM THE TOILET
Jul 11, 2016
just let them rename it whiteycare or trumpcare and promise to rewrite history so that the books say it was all totally their idea and the vile obama tried to steal it and then destroy it and maybe MAYBE they'll leave it alone

a bone to pick posted:

I like this post but people loving hate when you say "The truth is somewhere in the middle" for some reason.

allows you to be lazy and not commit to any ideals and frankly those fuckers don't get to have a say in the political process, much like those who don't vote because "it doesn't matter" or "both candidates suck"

so yeah if south park politics is your bag then shut up foreverrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

I AM THE TOILET fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Jan 10, 2017

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Sometimes the truth is in the middle of the two (or more) extremes people gravitate to (or at least the loud people) and while you're right that it can be used as a 'hey man don't look at me' dodge of the question it's just as annoying for someone to look at any compromise and go SOUTH PARK POLITICS LOL

I AM THE TOILET
Jul 11, 2016

Moridin920 posted:

Sometimes the truth is in the middle of the two (or more) extremes people gravitate to (or at least the loud people) and while you're right that it can be used as a 'hey man don't look at me' dodge of the question it's just as annoying for someone to look at any compromise and go SOUTH PARK POLITICS LOL
and what compromise did i mention and brand as south park politics

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
was that directed at you or just a statement in general tho?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I AM THE TOILET
Jul 11, 2016
*wedges self between those two clauses* heh heh heh... perhaps... the truth... *waggles eyebrows*

• Locked thread