Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

youre dick
Jan 29, 2019

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Seems like a cheaper solution these days, if you want a truck, is to drag the rotting corpse of something from the 50s out of a salvage yard on a bill of sale, apply for lost title, and spend $30k putting in a modern V6 or V8 with a 6 speed in, adding Dana axles if you want to 4x4 and a newer transfer case. Then a week getting sandblasted, painted, and reupholstered.

Plus you get to drive something old and boss as hell.

Great point and sharp truck. You can also get modern urethane bushings that will improve handling too, at least for a lot of older models

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hasselblad
Dec 13, 2017

My dumbass opinions are only outweighed by my racism.

No one forgot that I exist to defend violent cops, champion chaining down immigrants, and have trash opinions on cooking.

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Seems like a cheaper solution these days, if you want a truck, is to drag the rotting corpse of something from the 50s out of a salvage yard on a bill of sale, apply for lost title, and spend $30k putting in a modern V6 or V8 with a 6 speed in, adding Dana axles if you want to 4x4 and a newer transfer case. Then a week getting sandblasted, painted, and reupholstered.

Plus you get to drive something old and boss as hell.

I did a similar thing wrangler wise. Found a TJ 10 years old with 30k miles, Did a couple thousand in work, and now I take it places the $40k jeep soccer moms would poop their pants.

Hasselblad fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Jul 22, 2021

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Astoundingly Ugly Baby posted:

Back when I was 16-17, there was a guy in my home town that used to drive his lifted shitbox with a CUMMINS around that had a 3-point hitch hay bale spear welded to the brush guard

he's a cop now

I'll pray for his demise

Floodixor
Aug 22, 2003

Forums Electronic MusiciaBRRRIIINGYIPYIPYIPYIP
A friend told me the car market is bonkers right now and that I could sell my used 2006 Kia Sorento for a good amount. It was a mechanics car, had a total engine replacement at 90k miles, custom grill, etc. I paid 2 grand for it. It's been great but could I sell it right for for more bones?

Also I am obviously not a car dude so someone please tell me what my penis is like with relation to the above Kia

Edit is IS a stick shift if that helps my girth or length

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever

At least the taliban drive cooler trucks.

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

Booties posted:

At least the taliban drive cooler trucks.

The taliban don't need to drive big trucks for compensation because they have sex slaves.

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Well, I don’t own a trailer or have any need to tow anything, but I better install a receiver hitch with a permanent removable chrome tow ball that juts out two feet from my rear bumper.

Just in case.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Floodixor posted:

Edit is IS a stick shift if that helps my girth or length

It helps with neither, but adds skill points to technique.

Carvana it, see what they'll pay.

hellotoothpaste
Dec 21, 2006

I dare you to call it a perm again..

Vroooom, vroooooooom…. Vrooooooooom

*work*

Vroooom…

Admiral Bosch
Apr 19, 2007
Who is Admiral Aken Bosch, and what is that old scoundrel up to?
finally got done putting on a new suspension upgrade+lift kit on my full size pickup truck. can't wait to get back to commuting in it. it sure is great owning a multi use vehicle free and clear that i can use for fun, work, and travel that i can save money on by doing much of the work on it myself.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
https://toronto.ctvnews.ca/mobile/pickup-trucks-are-getting-larger-creating-hazards-for-other-drivers-and-pedestrians-1.5509490

quote:

“Because of their height and long hoods, we found that some trucks had front blind spots 3 metres longer than those in the average sedan and 2 meters longer than in many popular SUVs, which increases the risk of the driver running over someone in front of them that they cannot see,” Keith Barry, Auto Editor with Consumer Reports, told CTV News Toronto.

A pickup's tall front end and higher bumper are also more likely to cause serious injuries upon impact than the bumper of a lower vehicle and trucks are more likely to push a pedestrian down and run them over.

SetSliRol
Apr 30, 2021

"The power of the Marfalump idea is it's one, simple idea. It's not about Pepsi or Star Wars. It's about a character that loves both."
*pulls up to drive thru speaker, big lifted truck completely overshoots the pressure plate that turns on speaker, sits for five minutes then drives to window*

"i was out there for ten minutes but nobody was taking my order! :mad:"

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

SetSliRol posted:

*pulls up to drive thru speaker, big lifted truck completely overshoots the pressure plate that turns on speaker, sits for five minutes then drives to window*

"i was out there for ten minutes but nobody was taking my order! :mad:"

that's ok, you would have been inaudible over the sound of the truck idling anyway

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

This is intentional, it's not proper penis compensation unless it has a high potential of killing someone like guns and swords.

Lascivious Sloth
Apr 26, 2008

by sebmojo

youre dick posted:

So i was at the dealer this AM getting the jeep inspected/oil change all that

this was on the floor

So, how much do you think that truck goes for? I will say, it's completely loaded, though a little tonka truck for my tastes

Anyways, the sticker MSRP is $88,000, but there was a sticker next to it that said "Market Adjustment, $10,000 total price $98,000"

HEre's the thing, it's not even that well made of a truck, the paint job looked wavy gravy, the tires were the sort that will give terrible traction above 35 mph and need replacing every 3 months. This Jeep dealer is right next door to the Toyota dealer i bring my wife's Sienna to, wherein i usually lust after the $60k loaded Tundra on the floor. The RAM makes the Tundra seem like a great deal, and i've hardly thought that possible

I was thinking 30-35k MAXIMUM and I wouldn't even pay that, let alone be caught dead in that small dick mobile. Jesus, what a piece of poo poo waste of money. It even looks plastic quality.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

$100k gets you nothing these days.

Might as well blow it on a TRUCK!!!!

Konar
Dec 14, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
I got this a few months ago because we needed a second car (other one is a 2013 kia forte hatchback) mostly but also I wanted it. My dick is alright I guess. Sometimes I think my wife my might hate me I dunno

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

I bought my 2007 Camry for $7000 like 3 years ago, apparently it's now worth like $10,000. That's hilarious.

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

<goes undercover at truck factory, replaces airbag with three shotgun shells that fire at face height the first time a new buyer starts it>

Uncle Enzo
Apr 28, 2008

I always wanted to be a Wizard

a mysterious cloak posted:

<goes undercover at truck factory, replaces airbag with three shotgun shells that fire at face height the first time a new buyer starts it>

takata_quality_plan.txt

Captain Toasted
Jan 3, 2009

youre dick posted:

So i was at the dealer this AM getting the jeep inspected/oil change all that

this was on the floor

So, how much do you think that truck goes for? I will say, it's completely loaded, though a little tonka truck for my tastes

Anyways, the sticker MSRP is $88,000, but there was a sticker next to it that said "Market Adjustment, $10,000 total price $98,000"

HEre's the thing, it's not even that well made of a truck, the paint job looked wavy gravy, the tires were the sort that will give terrible traction above 35 mph and need replacing every 3 months. This Jeep dealer is right next door to the Toyota dealer i bring my wife's Sienna to, wherein i usually lust after the $60k loaded Tundra on the floor. The RAM makes the Tundra seem like a great deal, and i've hardly thought that possible

If it’s anything like the 5 dodge pickups I used to drive as a pest controller the engine will go forever while the body and frame rot around it after ~6 years. Great powertrains but how does a car company with a headquarters in Michigan gently caress up rust proofing that badly?

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

AHH F/UGH posted:

I bought my 2007 Camry for $7000 like 3 years ago, apparently it's now worth like $10,000. That's hilarious.

I have a 2010 RAV4 that has a V6 and full size spare and it is worth way more than it should be

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

AHH F/UGH posted:

sell it and buy a hayabusa

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

https://www.reddit.com/r/IdiotsInCars/comments/om2oai/drifting_fail/

numberoneposter fucked around with this message at 00:33 on Jul 24, 2021

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

Bumble Dong posted:

If it’s anything like the 5 dodge pickups I used to drive as a pest controller the engine will go forever while the body and frame rot around it after ~6 years. Great powertrains but how does a car company with a headquarters in Michigan gently caress up rust proofing that badly?

Same reason why any american company fucks anything up: It costs too much money to do it the correct way.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Konar posted:

My dick is alright I guess.

We both know that’s not true

Lascivious Sloth
Apr 26, 2008

by sebmojo

bird with big dick posted:

We both know that’s not true

*hands shaking*
*starts typing long explanation about owning a pickup*
*sweating profusely*
types "oh and, uh, haha, my penis size, is quite normal, actually.
*wipes away head sweat*
"nailed it"
*cums and tucks away micro dick*
*goes out into the garage to kiss the pickup mirror*

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
no really, 88 was my high school football number i have that number on everything

yeah, the iron cross is pretty cool huh?

Konar
Dec 14, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Lascivious Sloth posted:

*hands shaking*
*starts typing long explanation about owning a pickup*
*sweating profusely*
types "oh and, uh, haha, my penis size, is quite normal, actually.
*wipes away head sweat*
"nailed it"
*cums and tucks away micro dick*
*goes out into the garage to kiss the pickup mirror*

Even in your furious rage you realize that it deserves to live in the garage and not out in the elements, I think so too

youre dick
Jan 29, 2019

Philthy posted:

no really, 88 was my high school football number i have that number on everything

yeah, the iron cross is pretty cool huh?

Own a truck? you must be a literal nazi

TK8325
Sep 22, 2014

youre dick posted:

pretty much, yeah

Uncle Enzo
Apr 28, 2008

youre dick posted:

A truck with "88" and iron crosses on it is the truck of a nazi, yes. That's what that stuff means.

Uncle Enzo
Apr 28, 2008

youre dick posted:

This isn't limited to just nazis of course. In general, when people intentionally display the symbols of a particular ideology, it means they support that ideology.

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user

Uncle Enzo posted:

A truck with "88" and iron crosses on it is the truck of a nazi, yes. That's what that stuff means.

I saw a truck with a Hydra logo decal on the tailgate. It's a cool low-key way to let folks know you're a nazi

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

It's weird some of the things some people get excited about.

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem

gently caress yeah almost 30 gallons of freedom juice to fill my commuter up 3/4 of a tank

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

youre dick posted:

I mean they are working towards exterminating large swaths of the human population via maximizing their carbon emissions unnecessarily

Lascivious Sloth
Apr 26, 2008

by sebmojo
*Makes shift stick a dragon-dildo* Ohhh yeah, let's go babyyy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Konar
Dec 14, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Dear Watson posted:

gently caress yeah almost 30 gallons of freedom juice to fill my commuter up 3/4 of a tank

How do you even really steal gas? You pre-pay at the counter or use debit/credit before pumping