Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

spirit of 1995

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Fans are one thing (oh nooooo), but actual club employees is another

You play to win the game, supposedly

the game is about glory

in specific which of the other 19 teams will have the glory

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
but I don’t scream and I don’t shout
And I feel so proud
to be alive
https://twitter.com/samlee/status/1791432035212353955?s=46&t=3MN91oJhL7tCeLgkvFUZ_g

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"

They should follow up with 'do people like your owners' and then watch him get very po faced very quickly

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/articles/cjeed3g258eo

quote:

Head coach Roberto de Zerbi will leave the club after their final Premier League match of the season at home to Manchester United on Sunday.

More to follow.

Wazzerphuk
Feb 9, 2001

Hating Chelsea before it was cool
Winner of the PWM POTM for September
Winner of the PWM POTM for January
Co-Winner of the PWM POTM for March
Probably off for at least a meal out or something, it's been a long season

Akbar
Nov 22, 2004

Hubba-
Hubba.
maybe Bayern finally found a club willing to take their money

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

I think I'd be pretty annoyed to be a Brighton supporter. Bloom seems pretty open that as soon as players start attracting interest then they will sell, and extended that to the staff when Potter went. It must be quite a difficult environment to attract a manager to as well especially now that you've seen a whole cycle play out of getting into Europe and not really seeming that fussed about building on it.

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
but I don’t scream and I don’t shout
And I feel so proud
to be alive
huh

https://x.com/theathleticfc/status/1792103145646010368?s=46&t=4dSB9brKQKriv492svKKrQ

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.
Tony Bloom needs more jags!

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

well, Signor De Zerbi, if you can think of a better plan than sending Todd Boehly a VHS of every member of the squad talking about how they like long walks, candlelit dinners and £100m transfers to Stamford Bridge, I'd sure like to hear it

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Good job everyone, we did it

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011
RIP football

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

89 points and not enough, a mad league

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Thanks Ants posted:

89 points and not enough, a mad league

only 89? scrub tier, try getting 97 and not winning

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

vyelkin posted:

only 89? scrub tier, try getting 97 and not winning

I'd rather not tbh

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم

sourdough posted:

I'd rather not tbh

It sucks! It loving sucks!!

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Congratulations man city prem champs 2023/24*

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
8 years ago Leicester won the league with 81 points, 10 points clear of 2nd place Arsenal

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

vyelkin posted:

8 years ago Leicester won the league with 81 points, 10 points clear of 2nd place Arsenal
And they’re gonna do it again next year

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Fulham finished 13th this season with 17 losses. Manchester City have lost 17 matches in the past four seasons combined.

This is an annoying statistic

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

When’s the 115 case getting going

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

this is all emery's fault

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Close thread

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Turns out somebody did want to win the league

kri kri posted:

Close thread

Agreed, someone make the offseason thread

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Had a nightmare today trying to get into a pub vaguely close to the stadium to watch the game which resulted in drinking tins whilst watching the first half through a window. In the end had to go to the end of upper street to squeeze into a pub.

This despite everyone knowing there was an absolutely tiny chance of winning the league and when it was all done the pub was still singing for what this team has done.

In contrast the city parade will surprise some people waiting for the 37.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
Well it's a good thing you're not mad about it

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

I picked De Zerbi as first to leave a club before the season.

I was just watching the season backwards is all.

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010
The total lack of fanfare around City winning it is great. None of them in any group chat I’m in has even said anything because they know they’ll just get 115’d into oblivion.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

Listen, it's 115 charges that we know of. Need to leave it open to an additional 115 upon additional review, who knows

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Thanks Ants posted:

I think I'd be pretty annoyed to be a Brighton supporter. Bloom seems pretty open that as soon as players start attracting interest then they will sell, and extended that to the staff when Potter went. It must be quite a difficult environment to attract a manager to as well especially now that you've seen a whole cycle play out of getting into Europe and not really seeming that fussed about building on it.

Better than doing a Leeds

West007
Apr 21, 2013

Nobody cares about city. I was a little torn between wanting arsenal to win and city but city is the better outcome.

UnderFreddy
Oct 9, 2012

GEGENPOSTING

at least it was nice to see the city of London unite to cheer Arsenal not winning the title. West Ham and Spurs fans seemed especially jubilant in defeat

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.

UnderFreddy posted:

at least it was nice to see the city of London unite to cheer Arsenal not winning the title. West Ham and Spurs fans seemed especially jubilant in defeat

A fluency born of long practise.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
I know everyone hates us etc and I'd probably hate us if I weren't a City fan because I never like any dominant team or player in other sports but sincere congrats and commiserations to Arse fans and Arteta for pushing us so long and keeping poo poo interesting these past two seasons, same for Klopp

I always wondered what it would be like to be a fan of a team that's expected to win everything and while it was definitely more special the first few times we won the league (especially 11/12; which was bittersweet as even at the time I knew it would probably be my best ever moment in my football supporting life), it's still been exciting these recent years because despite winning most of the time it's never felt (to me at least) like it was a foregone conclusion, we've always had to be at our very best and that's because of how well Klopp and lately Arteta have been pushing us

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Butterfly Valley posted:

I know everyone hates us etc

Not really. I'd hate if Arsenal, Liverpool (or God forbid, Leeds) won. I just don't particularly care about Man City. They're a synthetic concept with no organic hold. The only time Man City winning the league has triggered an emotional response at all was in 11/12, and only because my team lost in a dramatic fashion.

Starbucks
Jul 7, 2002

Your daily cup of fuck you.

TheRat posted:

Not really. I'd hate if Arsenal, Liverpool (or God forbid, Leeds) won. I just don't particularly care about Man City. They're a synthetic concept with no organic hold. The only time Man City winning the league has triggered an emotional response at all was in 11/12, and only because my team lost in a dramatic fashion.

I’m starting to feel that way as coming second. Once the detail is ironed out with the charges they will officially be asterisk fc anyway. If you are following F1 before a few weeks ago you don’t really follow who is leading as that is Max Verstsppen.

Farmer League, at least £50 per month from Sky.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
Ligue Un or the Bundesliga before this year were boring foregone conclusions, at least we've been pushed all the way most of the time

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

TheRat posted:

It's more indifference, yeah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible
When it was Liverpool challenging City and not Arsenal, I was fully on board with City winning it over them. Even in the COVID season, I was rooting for the season to be scrapped with no winner rather than going through project restart and handing Liverpool the trophy.

I don't want any legitimate team winning anything if its not us, and I expect no less from fans of other teams. Other than some United fans who are holding on to their treble and threepeat under Fergie, I'd question the thought process of any non-Arsenal fans not rooting for City to win. Yes, they are cheats - that is why you root for them to win. It doesn't mean anything when the cheater wins.

Last year when people said we bottled it, I was ready to respond about how we weren't even supposed to be in the title race, and how we were playing Rob Holding for the run in. This year there is nothing I feel we need to explain. We went 16-1-1 in the final 18 games. Our loss to Villa came 2 hours after Liverpool lost to Palace, so we didn't even go a single day with it being down to just us fending off City. If that Villa game was last week, maybe it would sting a little more. Heck, after the Villa game 95% of people basically expected that we weren't going to win the 6 remaining games anyway (I was one of them), but we did.