Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bonds0097
Oct 23, 2010

I would cry but I don't think I can spare the moisture.
Pillbug

Drifter posted:

If they only started selling their games on UPlay I'd forget about Ubi so loving hard. Hahahaha.

Patching a game via uPlay is a total nightmare. At least Origin does that right... though having to individually download DLC is annoying compared to how it's all transparent to the user in Steam.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
Stores in Argentina seem to be pretty devoid of PC games. They are hella cheap in comparison to console games (8 pesos = 1 dollar. 1000 pesos is a new console game from last year. 250 is the highest you will see for a PC game in a store.)

Also tons of 1C games.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

I don't mention GamersGate deals often but Binary Domain is $3.74 today, and they also have some sort of 2K Bundle deal going on where you can get 3 games for $24, 4 games for $28, or 5 games for $30, choosing from this list:

Bioshock
Bioshock 2
Bioshock Infinite
Borderlands GOTY
Borderlands 2
Civilization IV Complete
Civilization V
Civilization V: Brave New World
Civilization V: Gods and Kings
Duke Nukem Forever
Mafia II
NBA 2K13
Spec Ops: The Line
Stronghold Collection
XCOM: The Bureau
The Darkness II

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Stan Taylor posted:

Finally got around to recovering my login for Burnout Paradise last night and was surprised that it still seems pretty active. Never got to play 3 online so I'm pretty jazzed. :unsmith:

You actually got it to login? I can't seem to.
All those DLC cars and stuff I can't use, hnng.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

Mortimer posted:

Contracts was less polished but had additional levels :shrug:

the next game is gonna have the unreal announcer announcing your m-m-m-monster noscope streak

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wh3a4stNaf4
in case anyone wasn't familiar with hitman, this 2 minute video tells you everything you need to know about why absolution was disappointing

I played Silent Assassin and Contracts when they were new. Contracts had a nice, dark atmosphere, but Blood Money was overall a superior game.

That Absolution clip is pretty silly, but the disguise mechanics are what really turned me off of buying the game. I play fewer games these days so I don't want to spend time on mediocre sequels that lack the old magic (see also: Thief).

I AM BRAWW posted:

I do love the good ol' "Absolution is total loving poo poo and is the worst game ever because it's not Blood Money 2, which is what I expected it to be when I bought it." argument. Fricken epic.

Is anyone here actually saying this?

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
In Deus Ex: HR is there some sort of notes tab for relevant info? I got a door code from a bum and can't find it in my menus anywhere.

VVV ah, ok cool.

PantsBandit fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Aug 21, 2014

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

PantsBandit posted:

In Deus Ex: HR is there some sort of notes tab for relevant info? I got a door code from a bum and can't find it in my menus anywhere.

Most of that kind of stuff show up in your notes tab. However, you rarely have to go and look for it — any code that you've learned about will show up automatically when you are at the correct terminal/keypad. At most, when you pick up a pocket memory with a code on it, you have to go into the notes and actually read the entry to get the “passcode added” message (this is what tells you that it'll show up when you find the terminal).

e: Also, any time you pick up one of those, you should get the “press Tab to read” prompts, and be directed to the new note if you do so.

Granted, there are some codes that you discover rather than are told — passwords on post-its, the graffitied codes for Hengsha storage lockers and the like — and those won't show up, but they also always appear right next to the lock in question so there's no need to remember them. Everything else should trigger one of those messages and be remembered automatically, though.

Tippis fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Aug 21, 2014

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

Deakul posted:

You actually got it to login? I can't seem to.
All those DLC cars and stuff I can't use, hnng.

It apparently is linked to my origin account username or something? I think I got lucky in figuring out which email I had linked it to a couple years ago when I first got it.

I'm not sure about the in game dlc stuff, but it had the bikes and party mode stuff even when I was playing offline. I really just want a way to replace the in game songs with some cool poo poo and I will play this game forever.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Stan Taylor posted:

It apparently is linked to my origin account username or something? I think I got lucky in figuring out which email I had linked it to a couple years ago when I first got it.

I'm not sure about the in game dlc stuff, but it had the bikes and party mode stuff even when I was playing offline. I really just want a way to replace the in game songs with some cool poo poo and I will play this game forever.

Oh man, I need to try this out.
Aw yiss, it logged in finally... but it seems like the extra DLC like Legendary Cars and the stuff aren't accessible, son of a bitch whyyyyyyy

edit: O-oh... you can buy them for $10 on Amazon... http://www.amazon.com/Burnout-Paradise-Bonus-Vehicle-Online/dp/B00CX6G1IE/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1408641374&sr=8-2&keywords=burnout+paradise

Deakul fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Aug 21, 2014

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Im interested in kinetic void.. I was eying space engineers but im not huge on minecraft because I lack time to properly plan and build stuff.

It kind of looks like the fina project will be a sort of eve offline... is that a good assessment? I liked eve but it felt like a job and I felt like I had to play a ton to justify the monthly payment.

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012

Deakul posted:

Oh man, I need to try this out.
Aw yiss, it logged in finally... but it seems like the extra DLC like Legendary Cars and the stuff aren't accessible, son of a bitch whyyyyyyy

edit: O-oh... you can buy them for $10 on Amazon... http://www.amazon.com/Burnout-Paradise-Bonus-Vehicle-Online/dp/B00CX6G1IE/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1408641374&sr=8-2&keywords=burnout+paradise

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showpost.php?p=31052482&postcount=38

DoctorOfLawls
Mar 2, 2001

SA's Brazilian Diplomat
If you even remotely enjoy puzzle games, play The Swapper - http://store.steampowered.com/app/231160/.

What a great atmosphere - sci-fi done right, with a cool plot and challenging puzzles without overstaying its welcome. Great, great game.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Yo, Dishonored is free this weekend and is a fantastic game.

Make sure to buy the Game of the Year Edition, the Daud DLC campaign is a must play along with the base game.

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

To where no dog has gone before.
Oh man. Oh man oh man oh man. Screw the 2k sale. Shadowgate is out today.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Aw snap, $10 saved, thanks man.

Brackhar
Aug 26, 2006

I'll give you a definite maybe.

DoctorOfLawls posted:

If you even remotely enjoy puzzle games, play The Swapper - http://store.steampowered.com/app/231160/.

What a great atmosphere - sci-fi done right, with a cool plot and challenging puzzles without overstaying its welcome. Great, great game.

This game is exceptionally good.

Leper Residue posted:

Oh man. Oh man oh man oh man. Screw the 2k sale. Shadowgate is out today.

Let me know how it is!

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Also The Vanishing of Ethan Carter is up for pre-order for $20 with bonuses. It's an exploration based supernatural mystery adventure game made by the founder and former members of People Can Fly, the guys who made Painkiller and Bulletstorm. It looks amazing.

Here's a non-spoilery gameplay video with creator commentary.

You can also buy it through Humble Bundle on their site.

Accordion Man fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Aug 21, 2014

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Accordion Man posted:

Also The Vanishing of Ethan Carter is up for pre-order for $20 with bonuses. It's an exploration based supernatural mystery adventure game made by the founder and former members of People Can Fly, the guys who made Painkiller and Bulletstorm. It looks amazing.

That video looks really bad rear end. I'll give it a week or so after final release to get a general quality consensus, but this might be a full priced game I'll pay for.

Eff preorders.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Accordion Man posted:

That looks amazing and it's better to embed videos anyway:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsHppcIcpfM

It's worth knowing that before creating Painkiller and Bulletstorm - Chmielarz made some adventure games so he's basically binding his experience in different genres together. I wouldn't preorder anything anyway but I'm looking forward to seeing how's the release version.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Accordion Man posted:

This does look very cool.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
Oh hey it's the tears that were supposed to be in Bioshock Infinite. :v:

Game looks pretty rad though.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Forgot to add it, but Ethan Carter comes out September 25 on PC. The PS4 version will be some undetermined time next year.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
This video explains something serious that the PuppyGames dev post misses

http://youtu.be/PmTUW-owa2w

void_serfer
Jan 13, 2012

Yodzilla posted:

Oh hey it's the tears that were supposed to be in Bioshock Infinite. :v:

Game looks pretty rad though.

It's also what Murdered: Soul Suspect was probably supposed to be. At least, that's what the preview would suggest.

void_serfer fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Aug 21, 2014

ovaries
Nov 20, 2004

Carecat posted:

This video explains something serious that the PuppyGames dev post misses

http://youtu.be/PmTUW-owa2w

To spare everyone else a click this is a twenty minute video about Phil Fish

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

why would you link me to a 20 minute video about phil phish

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Humble Weekly Bundle

$1

One Finger Death Punch (good game)
Enemy Mind
Two Brothers

BTA

Master Reboot
Stick it to the Man (good game)

$15

Ether One
Hand of Fate

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?
I thought that Phil Fish video was pretty good and think as a tremendous rear end in a top hat he'd fit in pretty well here.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

FadedReality posted:

I thought that Phil Fish video was pretty good and think as a tremendous rear end in a top hat he'd fit in pretty well here.

He'd have a meltdown and be banned within days. Possibly within hours.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
I don't know what it is but the Humblebundle website just brings my browser to its knees. I hate going to that site now.

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

Quest For Glory II posted:

Humble Weekly Bundle

$1

One Finger Death Punch (good game)
Enemy Mind
Two Brothers

Buy One Finger Death Punch. Seriously, it's awesome and fun and mindless and frustrating in the best ways.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Jesus, Van Helsing 1 has DLC that you can't buy through Steam but still requires money to get.

I was just curious when I went to the DLC menu and saw all of these pre-order things unactivated.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Deakul posted:

Jesus, Van Helsing 1 has DLC that you can't buy through Steam but still requires money to get.

I was just curious when I went to the DLC menu and saw all of these pre-order things unactivated.

Wait 135 dollars?

That is the most insane pricing I have ever seen, short of train simulators.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

PantsBandit posted:

Wait 135 dollars?

Comes with 3 copies of the game. :shobon:

Teavian
Oct 9, 2012

Does anyone here still not have Terraria? if not, here you go.

A Proper Uppercut
Sep 30, 2008

I know someone said it already, but I'm gonna say it again. Shadowgate is out today!

http://store.steampowered.com/app/294440/

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Deakul posted:

At least it seems you actively have to ask for those things to the point where if you're putting in the effort to use PayPal you clearly want to spend $35 on an in-game perk and skin.

PantsBandit posted:

Wait 135 dollars?

That's for the DLC and 3 copies of the base game, not only DLC. It's still a high price point (since the game itself only costs $15, $45 for 3 copies).

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

PantsBandit posted:

Wait 135 dollars?

Eh, who the gently caress cares? Having dlc priced too high is the same as having no dlc at all.

Dragonborn! :argh::argh::argh:

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Drifter posted:

Eh, who the gently caress cares? Having dlc priced too high is the same as having no dlc at all.

Dragonborn! :argh::argh::argh:

I mentioned this earlier, but Dragonborn has been $5 several times. It's a huge set of sidequests/areas in the game so $5 is a hell of a deal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Ragequit posted:

I mentioned this earlier, but Dragonborn has been $5 several times. It's a huge set of sidequests/areas in the game so $5 is a hell of a deal.

I've not seen it at that price. I will keep an eye out.

• Locked thread