Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Doctor Goat posted:

now to figure out what i'm going to do besides my movespeed cap build on standard.

At this point in the season?

Grim Dawn is pretty cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Katasi
Nov 22, 2005
White water rafting down the river styx
edit: nevermind

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007
I briefly tried Grim Dawn, but it just felt like Titan Quest with Post-apocalypse stuff. Maybe I was just used to PoE speed and it felt slow.

Foxhound fucked around with this message at 09:18 on May 4, 2016

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
I'm gonna be happy when I won't have to click on perandus coin drops anymore next season

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
you know how there are so many lovely unique jewels, one subset being lovely treshhold jewels?

anyway it turns out volley fire and rolling flames aren't the only good ones: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otckbYaXTao

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

The Real Foogla posted:

you know how there are so many lovely unique jewels, one subset being lovely treshhold jewels?

anyway it turns out volley fire and rolling flames aren't the only good ones: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otckbYaXTao

That looks fun as poo poo! Your tree is pretty great too, hitting the jewel nodes in the dex areas and then getting nothing but life and defence. How does it fare against bosses/Atziri, do you need to carry an inventory full of wands for when not enough white items drop?

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

The Real Foogla posted:

:lol: what can't champion do? Looks like a fun build.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

gonadic io posted:

That looks fun as poo poo! Your tree is pretty great too, hitting the jewel nodes in the dex areas and then getting nothing but life and defence. How does it fare against bosses/Atziri, do you need to carry an inventory full of wands for when not enough white items drop?

yeah you need to carry ammo manually into boss rooms with loading screens (which is easy since you clear so much chaff before), but the DPS is insane, as the end of that video shows

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Do people typically make a different character at the start of a league to fund their main builds?

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Tai posted:

Do people typically make a different character at the start of a league to fund their main builds?

yeah or just respec

if you're level 90 would you rather spend another week doing story mode again or spend 2 exalts in regrets

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I usually have a mental list of builds that I either haven't tried at all, or haven't done in forever. Then when a new league starts I pick one that is easier on the gear requirements and can at least farm mid tier maps. After that I either get a build enabling unique, or get enough currency to buy one. Then it's off to the next character.

Up on deck for the next full league: A zombie/spectre based summoner, a 2h EQ juggernaut, something involving hyaons fury, and a wander.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
Next league my first character is going to be a shock nova trapper. It helps to have the first character be largely gear independent when you're poor.

Still need to do an EQ build at some point, and I still want to do the incredibly lovely golemancer gimmick build (shame it would suck so much), and I might even run CoC Barrage again with Quill Rain because that was some hilarious poo poo. Ought to do a wander one of these days too, and maybe a RF character (totem or not).

God drat this game has so many ridiculous builds, I love it.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Wanna try Chin Sol Point Blank Saboteur trapper. Poison with Rain of Arrows + Snakebite, assuming that keeping max Frenzy charges is viable as a trapper. Rain of Arrows - Trap - Trap and Mine Damage - Cluster Traps - PPAD - Concentrated Effect. I THINK this damage should be competitive with Bladefall trap damage, and allow you to make use of crit better than Bladefall does for maximum damage. I can't imagine it's that much worse, at least. Bladefall is average 425 damage at lvl 20. Chin Sol is like 180 average damage, with Point Blank + the Chin Sol effect is like 540, with the 1.29 multiplier for lvl 20 Rain of Arrows it's like 700 or so. Bladefall hitting twice does more damage, but I think the ability to get good crit and easier access to good projectile damage should make it close. The selling point here being that Bladefall Trappers have to use the Poison gem, while you would be able to use an additional damage link.

I also have to imagine that with this setup, Trap - Vaal Burning Arrow - GMP - Concentrated Effect - Trap and Mine Damage - Cluster Traps does something like a million damage. The single target ability of the build should be pretty insane.

Sample tree here. Maybe ignore the crit entirely and get some more bow/proj damage if the crit is not worth it. E: Forgot the Point Blank keystone and a Jewel socket. Got too costly on the points used so now it's 17 points remaining with no crit nodes. More points probably go to Ranger start life or Projectile/Bow damage.

Ultima66 fucked around with this message at 23:32 on May 4, 2016

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
I wanna go EQ champ again since I made mine in the last month of this season and it's super fun + good, some form of caster, something with flicker strike, and something in the HC league. Super hype for next season.

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't
Probably going to try a KB wander next league.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

I'm thinking about buying a bunch of regrets and a Lioneye's Fall to turn my tree from this to this. I'd lose 2% life and 60% bow crit to gain the benefit of that Doom Cast wheel I was working on and an extra power charge that should cap my crit. Am I missing something that would make this a bad idea?

dis astranagant fucked around with this message at 03:22 on May 5, 2016

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Holy poo poo I finally did it.

My heart was going crazy from Trio until the end. Managed to get Trio deathless then died to a lightning bolt on second split phase while potions were down.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
Holy poo poo grats dude! Can't even imagine how intense that fight is

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.
Grats mate! WI OPieOP.

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
Does Bino's still have the limitation that only kills actually from poison proliferate?

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

gonadic io posted:

Does Bino's still have the limitation that only kills actually from poison proliferate?

I believe so, but you can combine it with Southbound to stop normal damage from killing things. Poison/Ignite and other DoTs will still kill things, but the normal damage from attacks won't.

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
I have a dream (probably next league now) in which I spam a bunch of writhing jars and then either Flameblast or Discharge with 75% fire to chaos conversion and so deal 8 huge stacks of position. I wish I'd still been playing before the Bino's or Consuming Dark nerfs (or could afford legacy versions).

e: Maybe even Vaal Righteous Fire...

gonadic io fucked around with this message at 17:45 on May 5, 2016

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Doing a primarily physical duelist/Champion with 1 handed + shield. Using Earthquake atm, but I dont think thats the optimal choice for AoE spamming. Level 65, and only about 1.5k DPS listed, since my build got massively hosed in the KEISTER due to me screwing some poo poo up.

Should I wait til at least 3k or so DPS before Map time?

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

Tooltip dps on EQ only shows for the initial hit. If you can clear Merciless Dried Lake without problems you should be fine for entry-level maps.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Ok thanks. I'm not quite handling Merciless Dry Lake yet, so gonna wait a bit.

When a League ends, does your char get dumped back into Standard? If so, does that mean a char that did a league cannot run another?

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Dandywalken posted:

Ok thanks. I'm not quite handling Merciless Dry Lake yet, so gonna wait a bit.

When a League ends, does your char get dumped back into Standard? If so, does that mean a char that did a league cannot run another?

Yes and yes

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

yeah the point is that everyone starts fresh every league

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
The good news is that leveling gets easier and easier the more you do it, even starting 100% fresh.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
Yeah I used to play for hours before finishing act 1 and now I kill merveil in half an hour, it's actually really cool how much you can optimize and learn.

Also woot, first exalted orb drop, hype

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

What's a good level to be for my first normal Lord's Labyrinth run? I want dope necromancer powers :/

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Whatever level it is + 2 or 3 if you want to be really safe. In the very beginning, a couple levels makes a hell of a lot of difference.

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Boss, if they make us find seven lost crystals, I'm quitting.

I don't do it until after I start Merciless.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
I feel like it really depends on your build. Your raw EHP doesn't matter against traps, and is only marginal against Izaro's attacks. Instead, defences are what count against Izaro. If you can stack lots of armour, or evasion, or block, or can keep tight with Izaro, then you can neutralise his attacks.

So if your build has these defensive mechanics, you can fight him underlevelled. If your build lacks these, you want to overlevel.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
In HC I've usually do Normal around 40, Cruel at least 60, and I haven't done merciless yet but will be this weekend and I will be low 80's. I've been putting it off becasue 4 points for fortify has been good enough but I finally have all the trials done. The sins 2 saw-blade trial can still go gently caress itself.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
I do normal around 40, cruel around 60, merciless I stomped on my champion at around 65. Super overleveled but safety first

Todo88
Apr 16, 2016

Only a couple more hours until the two-week league starts. I've got my build ready, I practiced for about 4 hours yesterday trying to shave some time here and there, and I think I'm ready to have a solid showing. And then I remember that a good friend is coming over this afternoon from another state. Whoops, guess I'll only be able to get a few hours in before he and his gf get here.

Just FWIW, I'm going Firestorm Elementalist. Not looking to get a top 25 spot, but hopefully I can keep a good pace and make some early currency. What did you all decide on for Two week Throwback?

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
Spark Scion with Deadeye/Berserker in SC and HC, maybe a Duelist Champion with a ranged or EQ build depending on what I find. Planning to get to lv20 on day 1, 30+ on day 2, with the end goal set at 50 in either league at which point it's all gravy ayy

Did some practice, settled on lv40 for normal lab in HC, the rest is all risk free with only minor grinding/extra gearing.

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

Todo88 posted:

What did you all decide on for Two week Throwback?

Fire conversion Arc Elementalist. Mostly because I want a chance to try out Vaal RF.

Todo88
Apr 16, 2016

gonadic io posted:

Fire conversion Arc Elementalist. Mostly because I want a chance to try out Vaal RF.

Just checked out some Vaal RF videos and that looks really cool. Seems like a really fun build!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
I still don't have a good hold on the Duelist start, especially when you want to do something ranged/with bows. Seems like the best way to go is 2h molten strike until you have some levels for the life passives, then respec or something.

• Locked thread