Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

I like the almost nonsensical ramblings of Aesop Rock if we're talking lyrics. Yeah yeah, big vocab of rappers and all that poo poo. What I love is that he clearly hates using the same words and will shoehorn in a bunch of weird phrases to try and make it work instead. It's great. Legit love his stuff but it's feels like such an attempt to sound smart at times.

But who doesn't love

quote:

Question: If I died in my apartment like a rat in a cage
Would the neighbors smell the corpse before the cat ate my face?
I used to floss the albatross like Daddy Kane with the chain
I'm tryin' to jettison the ballast with the hazardous waste
The kid is comfortably numb, routine a tedious crutch
Deep in a self imposed Stockholm and Lima influx
Maybe an occupation popular with demons and ducks
Made any mingling akin to bein' seasoned and stuffed

I ask myself the first two lines all the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turbinosamente
May 29, 2013

Lights on, Lights off
I guess I'll be the one to drag up the Sparks. Too many choices there to pick from* so I'll go for the old classic song that rather fits the current mood:

https://youtu.be/eUJ_ifjKopM

*Other choices that were briefly considered were Angst in My Pants, Lawnmower, maybe Big Boy or Achoo or even Pulling Rabbits out of a Hat. Again, there's too many. Could have gone for super irony and posted My Baby's Taking Me Home.

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

Post your pedalboards

creamcorn
Oct 26, 2007

automatic gun for fast, continuous firing
that's a bigass board lol, i respect it but too much to keep track of imo. here's mine, i get what i need generally with these 4 + katana fx.

landgrabber
Sep 13, 2015

i have a tuner and a shredmaster clone

sold my fuzz and my digi delay

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

Right now I have no board. But when I'm settled in to a new place I should have mine back.

Not all the pedals will be on it. But most!

NC Wyeth Death Cult
Dec 30, 2005

He lost his life in Chadds Ford, he was dancing with a train.

Baron von Eevl posted:

What the gently caress are I Got Rhythm and Embraceable You if not songs? Gershwin also wrote songs, in the modern pop sense.

Nadia Boulanger, considered one of the 20th century's greatest teachers of classical music composition, kicked him out of her class because she felt that learning how to compose classically would ruin his jazz songs. The dude was the Hephaestus of songsmithing.

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice
I have two pedals, but they aren't on a board. :smith:

Also shame on you thread for not not pointing out the one songwriter (and amazing loving guitarist) who might edge out Rivers Cuomo for the best of the last 50 years: Prince.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Huxley posted:

Just considering the rock era, I think it was Tom Petty.

Of all time it's probably like, Beethoven. Or an Indian or Chinese composer I've never heard of.

it dis

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1j_A2ebr048

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
I have replaced my pedalboard with a katana foot switch, and a tuner which just acts as a mute.

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

Spanish Manlove posted:

I have replaced my pedalboard with a katana foot switch, and a tuner which just acts as a mute.

Yep, I have my Katana foot switch, an Electro-Harmonix Cathedral, and my Dunlop Cry Baby from 1988.

NC Wyeth Death Cult
Dec 30, 2005

He lost his life in Chadds Ford, he was dancing with a train.
Behringer is back to posting about Eurorack versions of their pedals. I love this idea as I use my pedals for recording and will never play live again. I have a shelf of things I've picked up or built over the years, but this would definitely clear up the clutter.

https://www.gearnews.com/behringers-latest-crazy-idea-is-to-port-guitar-pedals-to-eurorack/

landgrabber
Sep 13, 2015

Spanish Manlove posted:

you should tune your guitar, it sounds a lot better that way

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I'm loving my GTX50, but D'addario sent me a survey last week asking if I used a pedal board and would I be interested in beta testing some hardware so I lied and said yes.

I guess if they send me something I'll buy $100 worth of knockoffs and make an honest man of myself.

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

Post your pedalboard (katana owners need not reply)

Here’s me with my current rig

landgrabber
Sep 13, 2015

so another dumb thing from yesterday, that i forgot to mention cause i was cumming over the jazzmaster i played (still am):

i tried a thinline tele for the first time! it was a layaway that never got picked up; when i was talking to the guys about how the JM was great and how we all loved midwest emo, i mentioned i have a telecaster, and they told me to go try it.

it was really interesting — super good sound. i was always just a little curious but never interested, because aesthetically they don’t appeal to me at all, but it was really really cool how the semi-hollowness sort of balanced out parts of the telecaster sound i don’t like. suddenly the single coils had a lot more fullness to them, without becoming humbuckers. the attacky, plucky tele thing (which i’ve never been into). it still sounded tele like to me though, just not overbearingly tele. the thinline was like a tele on its first date, where it has to reign in its eccentricities for a little bit.

still want a JM more than anything else, for sure, but i was pleasantly surprised.

Gramps
Dec 30, 2006

landgrabber posted:

so another dumb thing from yesterday, that i forgot to mention cause i was cumming over the jazzmaster i played (still am):

i tried a thinline tele for the first time! it was a layaway that never got picked up; when i was talking to the guys about how the JM was great and how we all loved midwest emo, i mentioned i have a telecaster, and they told me to go try it.

it was really interesting — super good sound. i was always just a little curious but never interested, because aesthetically they don’t appeal to me at all, but it was really really cool how the semi-hollowness sort of balanced out parts of the telecaster sound i don’t like. suddenly the single coils had a lot more fullness to them, without becoming humbuckers. the attacky, plucky tele thing (which i’ve never been into). it still sounded tele like to me though, just not overbearingly tele. the thinline was like a tele on its first date, where it has to reign in its eccentricities for a little bit.

still want a JM more than anything else, for sure, but i was pleasantly surprised.

Wait til you play a semi-hollow Jazzmaster

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

landgrabber posted:

you should tune your guitar, it sounds a lot better that way

The clip on tuner does that :)

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Thinlines rock because you get the ergonomics of a telecaster, but still get to play something weird looking. Plus they weigh about 2/3 of a regular tele and actual half of some LPs.

I'm adoring my new classical, about halfway through the Hal Leonard book and working on the Sor Op.60 stuff. Makes me want a mechanical metronome for some reason.

landgrabber
Sep 13, 2015

Spanish Manlove posted:

The clip on tuner does that :)

my TU3 slays any clip on tuner i've used just in terms of quickness

Turbinosamente
May 29, 2013

Lights on, Lights off
Real OGs plug into an old Korg CA-30 tuner.

Skrill.exe
Oct 3, 2007

"Bitcoin is a new financial concept entirely without precedent."

Sharks Eat Bear posted:

Post your pedalboard (katana owners need not reply)

Here’s me with my current rig

Turn them all on that the same time and record something, TIA

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
The clip on polytune is more accurate and is always on the headstock of any guitar I'm playing, but I'll use the pedal tuner when I go out so I don't lose the clip on tuner.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Turbinosamente posted:

Real OGs plug into an old Korg CA-30 tuner.

Is that the analog one with the needle? I had one as a teenager then gave it away to a friend who didn't have a tuner.

lazerwolf
Dec 22, 2009

Orange and Black

Skrill.exe posted:

Turn them all on that the same time and record something, TIA

A video of this exists and it sounds like you’d expect.

My current board is Plumes > RAT > Bass Big Muff > CCK Space Station (spacey delay and reverb) > TU-2

The board usually serves dual purpose for bass and guitar tho I don’t run much else other than a plumes and sometimes a Rat/muff for bass.

nitsuga
Jan 1, 2007

Spanish Manlove posted:

Is that the analog one with the needle? I had one as a teenager then gave it away to a friend who didn't have a tuner.

https://www.amazon.com/Korg-KOR-CA30-CA-30-Chromatic/dp/B000BBRZ3S

I guess yours would be the real OG. I've got a CA-30 from my teenage years and its microphone died for six months and just recently started working again, which definitely put a smile on my face.

nitsuga fucked around with this message at 15:26 on Jul 14, 2021

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

nitsuga posted:

https://www.amazon.com/Korg-KOR-CA30-CA-30-Chromatic/dp/B000BBRZ3S

I guess yours would be the real OG. I've got a CA-30 from my teenage years and its microphone died for six months and just recently started working again.

I also got it hand me down from other friends who got it from their dad who's an old school jazz dude.

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
The accuracy of tuning is relative to how much your tuner looks like a thermostat.

nitsuga
Jan 1, 2007

Spanish Manlove posted:

I also got it hand me down from other friends who got it from their dad who's an old school jazz dude.

Hehe, the generation tuner. I dig.

I like the idea of posting pedalboards, so I'll make my underwhelming contribution:

I definitely need to find some more cheap pedals for the 2x6 board, so I'll take some recs. IDGAF what, :justpost:.

Doctor Dogballs
Apr 1, 2007

driving the fuck truck from hand land to pound town without stopping at suction station

you know what would be great? a les paul junior but with the p90 at the neck instead of the bridge.

Sharks Eat Bear posted:

Post your pedalboards

Doctor Dogballs fucked around with this message at 15:42 on Jul 14, 2021

Skrill.exe
Oct 3, 2007

I'm of the Tom Morello school of thought that you should try to limit your equipment as much as possible and really explore all the possibilities of sound within there. That's why I only have one pedal: https://www.korg.com/us/products/effects/mikustomp/

beer gas canister
Oct 30, 2007

shmups are da best come play some shmups they're cheap and good and you like them
Plaster Town Cop
i would do pretty much anything to get the same pedal voiced for KK Slider

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

beer gas canister posted:

All of my money.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Huxley posted:

the ergonomics of a telecaster

🤔

beer gas canister posted:

Pitch shift the Miku pedal down a little and it's basically there.

Siivola
Dec 23, 2012

Huxley posted:

the ergonomics of a telecaster
:confused:

Skrill.exe
Oct 3, 2007

mango sentinel posted:

🤔

Pitch shift the Miku pedal down a little and it's basically there.

Tuner- > Miku -> Octave pedal -> Big Muff

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

Doctor Dogballs posted:

you know what would be great? a les paul junior but with the p90 at the neck instead of the bridge.

How did you do those decals / stencils / whatever magic it is??

bees everywhere
Nov 19, 2002

lazerwolf posted:

A video of this exists and it sounds like you’d expect.

Ahh, I found it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWRfLuJ_NKw&t=1383s

a.p. dent
Oct 24, 2005

Skrill.exe posted:

I'm of the Tom Morello school of thought that you should try to limit your equipment as much as possible and really explore all the possibilities of sound within there. That's why I only have one pedal: https://www.korg.com/us/products/effects/mikustomp/

:hmmyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
It's less a pedalboard and more a pedalhoard