Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!

Bugsy posted:

Whats the best way to get 8 mod maps? Should I be vaaling rare maps or just anything?
Vaal any Cartographer's Strongbox you find.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Huckleduck
May 20, 2007
giving you the hucklebuck

theshim posted:

Vaal any Cartographer's Strongbox you find.

Good advice (after rolling for +1 levels and quant).

I rolled 8-mod maps for the challenge by taking 6-mod maps and vaaling those. If you are going to vaal individual maps, don't waste them on <6 mod maps.

Katasi
Nov 22, 2005
White water rafting down the river styx

Bugsy posted:

Whats the best way to get 8 mod maps? Should I be vaaling rare maps or just anything?

I just bought them.

Grizlor posted:

I'm looking to either split the cost of buying a vaal temple with someone, or to buy a spot in a vaal temple map if someone has one already (or two spots, a friend of mine needs it also). It's one of the last few challenges I need. If anyone is interested in this pm me here or message me ingame

I'm on perandus SC, my quakelord marauder is named WeedGoku

I bought a vaal temple a week or two ago, and then got offered a free portal into one a few hours later. You can have the one I bought as long as you get all the guild members that need it together at the same time to run it.

Cory in the Blouse
Oct 22, 2010

SAMUS ARAN
OUR ONLY HOPE!

Katasi posted:

I bought a vaal temple a week or two ago, and then got offered a free portal into one a few hours later. You can have the one I bought as long as you get all the guild members that need it together at the same time to run it.

That's very awesome of you but I am happy to pay you for it. My friend is a goon but he isn't tagged in the guild. I'd be happy to give away the other 4 spots to guildies though!

Captain Farce
Jun 24, 2004
i think NOT!
I could still use the Vaal Temple credit but I'm not in the guild, if that's cool I'll add you.

Katasi
Nov 22, 2005

Grizlor posted:

That's very awesome of you but I am happy to pay you for it. My friend is a goon but he isn't tagged in the guild. I'd be happy to give away the other 4 spots to guildies though!

I'm done with PSC. Give me something cool next league or something if you really want to pay.

Cory in the Blouse
Oct 22, 2010

SAMUS ARAN
OUR ONLY HOPE!
e: nevermind I see you under officers

climboutonalimb
Sep 4, 2004

I get knocked down but I get up again You are never going to keep me down
So, is anyone else going for the top 25 Demi this race?

On HC, I'm currently #14 for Inquisitor;
Rodent is still in the Juggernaut top 25 field but will likely be pushed out end of the race.
On SC, I recognize ZyrKx is #12 for Elementalist.

Did I miss any other goons

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
my buddy ripped yesterday and now im 72 on 2wkhc with nobody to mess around with :qq:

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

"yes James. Remove that from my presence. It... Offends me" *sips overpriced wine*

climboutonalimb posted:

Rodent is still in the Juggernaut top 25 field but will likely be pushed out end of the race.

NEEEEERD.

Good luck.

Did they say what the prize was for being in the top?

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.
#1 gets an alternate art demigod's chest armour, #2-25 get a normal art demigod's chest armour. Each one notes the position you came in below the flavour text.

I was like 14th slayer in HC yesterday but I ripped and am now being outside for the week.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
ofc i RIP to yellow box lagspike right as I try to map, o well

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004
I bounce between rank 10 and 12 on the Saboteur SC ladder, names IKeepMyBoboTrapCovered.

ZyrKx
Dec 10, 2006

Licorice Whip!
I managed to hit 92 today, which is higher than I've ever been despite playing since beta. A couple of stupid deaths to bearers and lack of map drops is really slowing me down though.

Wishing I'd chosen a different class as well since Elementalist seems to be the most competitive except for maybe Ascendant. :shrug:

Hauki
May 11, 2010

I didn't even realize the two week had started. Oh well, way too busy with work etc to put in a real bid. Kinda burnt out too.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
now I can showcase the only real use of premium tabs though: character shrines.

Turpitude
Oct 13, 2004

Love love love

be an organ donor
Soiled Meat
Hi noob questions here. How long does each league last? What happens when Perandus ends? I understand our characters get moved to standard. All items too? I bought extra stash tabs, do they stay with my account? Do we know what comes after perandus?

What is the default character limit, and do people generally just delete old characters from standard and play new leagues as they come up?

Thanks.

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Telling customers how to solve world problems since 2001

Turpitude posted:

Hi noob questions here. How long does each league last? What happens when Perandus ends? I understand our characters get moved to standard. All items too? I bought extra stash tabs, do they stay with my account? Do we know what comes after perandus?

What is the default character limit, and do people generally just delete old characters from standard and play new leagues as they come up?

Thanks.

According to wiki: Talisman started on December 11th, and ended March 4th. Perandus started on March 4th, and will end May 30th. So around 3 months. It ends. All items on characters will follow them to standard. All items in your Perandus League stash, will get sent to the standard stash, as "remove-only tabs". You cannot put items into these tabs, and once you remove all the items from them, they will close. Check the guild stash on standard the day after league ends, it'll be hilariously cluttered. Afaik anything you buy (such as stash tabs) will stay with your account, and are not specific to a league. After Perandus...don't know really. Haven't seen anything.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Character (account) limit is 24
Character (name) limit is 20

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
I think I found a new recipe

bought a vagan rapier off him, regaled 1-3 phys damage (rip), sold it for a single Scour

I just woke up and only now realized that this isn't normal

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

climboutonalimb posted:

Im pretty sure I was disqualified for dying.

ZyrKx
Dec 10, 2006

Licorice Whip!

TheRat posted:

Im pretty sure I was disqualified for dying.

quote:

This is a hardcore event. Death eliminates you from the league, but dead characters are still eligible for prizes.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Oh. cool. I wont get a demi but that means I have a chance for the 80+ prizes.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

The Real Foogla posted:

I think I found a new recipe

bought a vagan rapier off him, regaled 1-3 phys damage (rip), sold it for a single Scour

I just woke up and only now realized that this isn't normal

That ain't new

Katasi
Nov 22, 2005
Hey Grizlor, I got your message on IRC. I'm not on much anymore, I'm mostly done till next season. IRC in early afternoon central time is the best way to find me, or we can arrange a time for this. Otherwise, this vaal temple will rot.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

welp

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
i'm up to cruel act 4 on my reave duelist and i'm worried

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/DrGoatMD/characters please give me advice on making my gear better (it's goatreave)

I have a Daresso's Defiance with a really good set of rolls on it but I can't use it yet

my damage is rear end but i'm insanely survivable except for when something bursts me. The tentacle dudes in the lunaris temple chewed me up and almost got me like four times somehow

Katasi
Nov 22, 2005

Doctor Goat posted:

i'm up to cruel act 4 on my reave duelist and i'm worried

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/DrGoatMD/characters please give me advice on making my gear better (it's goatreave)

I have a Daresso's Defiance with a really good set of rolls on it but I can't use it yet

my damage is rear end but i'm insanely survivable except for when something bursts me. The tentacle dudes in the lunaris temple chewed me up and almost got me like four times somehow

Titty bitches are super deadly, and ideally you should never be hit by them. They have a long windup, and can be dodged relatively easily, as long as they don't spawn with multiple projectiles.

EDIT: Looked at your gear. Replace Goldrim and Le Heup with things that have life. They're just for leveling and should be replaced whenever you feel like your survivability is dropping. Also I think you can get a better offhand than relentless fury. I think Death's hand is very popular for southpaw reave.

Katasi fucked around with this message at 15:55 on May 11, 2016

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Katasi posted:

Titty bitches are super deadly, and ideally you should never be hit by them. They have a long windup, and can be dodged relatively easily, as long as they don't spawn with multiple projectiles.

EDIT: Looked at your gear. Replace Goldrim and Le Heup with things that have life. They're just for leveling and should be replaced whenever you feel like your survivability is dropping. Also I think you can get a better offhand than relentless fury. I think Death's hand is very popular for southpaw reave.

I'd start with finding a real chest piece and then seeing which he likes better among relentless fury/death's hand/soul taker. Unlinked belly of the beast is fairly cheap on PHC, or a cheap rare with life and resists.

notmetalenough
Feb 26, 2010
This might be answered on the wiki but it's blocked at work...

What happens if you do Blade Vortex - Cast on Critical Strike - Power Charge on Critical Strike - Blade Vortex?

Can you create a perpetual motion machine with this? Or is the 2nd blade vortex the end of the line and it won't trigger the first?

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

notmetalenough posted:

What happens if you do Blade Vortex - Cast on Critical Strike - Power Charge on Critical Strike - Blade Vortex?

Can you create a perpetual motion machine with this? Or is the 2nd blade vortex the end of the line and it won't trigger the first?

Read the cast on crit strike gem.

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.

notmetalenough posted:

Cast on crit only procs from attacks. BV is a spell.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Even if that did work:

The CoCS wiki posted:

Cooldown Time: When a supported spell is successfully cast, it and all supported spells of the same name are put on cooldown for 50 milliseconds. This means that a given spell can only trigger once per critical strike, and reduces the effect of linking multiple copies of the same spell to this support (especially when it is at a higher gem level). It is important to note that this cooldown does not apply to the gem as whole; you can trigger multiple spells within the 50 millisecond cooldown time as long as they are different.

notmetalenough
Feb 26, 2010
That makes sense. I hate casting BV but I want it up all the time. I don't want to spare the links to put it on my attack. I'll see if I have spare links to put it on a CWDT.

devilmouse
Mar 26, 2004

It's just like real life.
Anyone done with Perandus softcore (not 2 week) and wants to sell a Voltaxic at not-tiny-end-of-league-playerbase-inflated prices?

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

devilmouse posted:

Anyone done with Perandus softcore (not 2 week) and wants to sell a Voltaxic at not-tiny-end-of-league-playerbase-inflated prices?

If I find another one you can have it.

New Skills Preview

It seems like you might be able to trigger any cold+area spells at Frostbolt's location instead of your own. I kinda hope that's the case because lots of cool cold gems aren't something I'd ever use because they want you to be right next to the mobs. Also, it would be hilarious if it worked with the best cold+area skill in the game, Discharge.

ronya
Nov 8, 2010

I'm the normal one.

You hate ridden fucks will regret your words when you eventually grow up.

Peace.
I wonder whether Frost Bolt will work with CoC.

devilmouse
Mar 26, 2004

It's just like real life.

funmanguy posted:

If I find another one you can have it.

Cheers! I'm usually playing on some character with Sloth in the name. I'll probably just farm up some currency and buy one this weekend when I can sit down and play and/or when more reasonable sellers are on.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
I can spot you some currency on psc since I'm not planning on playing much the coming time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
The new ice spells are everything I wanted, holy poo poo.

• Locked thread