Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

KataraniSword posted:

Huh. Something changed, since last I'd heard (pre-Charlotte 6*) he was in second with Wilhelm/Cecil at top. Did they finally give him enhancements?

The update on the 15th pushed WoL up, it looks primarily like a re-evaluation of how important guaranteed targeting is for the most recent Trials (or just in general).

Charlotte increased to 3rd primarily because her 6* enhancements are great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

KataraniSword posted:

The thread has talked plenty about Firion and how he's basically Trust Mastery Voltron.

Whoever started this phrase, I love you.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
There isn't a way to go back and look at a few months back unit rankings from like the wiki is there?

I'm starting to fall into characters that a month ago were high tier or decent (Kefka, Bartz, Amarant), and suddenly they have been ousted and I just wanted to see where they fell in December or 1st of January. I get why and all, but it's getting rough to put in a plan of action to get who up to speed next.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
It's fairly straightforward. I personally just browse the reddit wiki, check on future 6*s of characters we already have and future enhancements. From those you get a rough idea how characters are going to eventually flesh out, and then there's always the Japanese event threads where people highlight the usefulness or recent updates to particular units.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
Anyone else have trouble collecting any of the lapis daily quest rewards? Every time I try it lags out, tells me the item is no longer available and then restarts the game.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
I hope we get a 6* Kain at some point. I'm slowly working my way towards that 5x Kain team that someone posted a few months back. I stopped in favor of getting these Chizuru's to max and having Chiz x4 + Lightning for a crazy chain combo in the arena for those off weeks when Black Magic or Dual Cast is banned.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

Usefulness of the following TMRs:

Lordly Robe
Angel Earrings
Miracle Shoes
Goddess Bow
Aquan Killer
Stone Siller

I'm about to start culling and these 6 are on the bottom of importance

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

dangerous.hotdog posted:

Whoever started this phrase, I love you.

rabidsquid posted:

snows primary purpose is that he's one of the pieces of the voltron that is Busted Firion

:c00l:

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

One thing about altema ratings is that its just an aggregate of what people think a class rates at. There will always be trolls dragging a unit down with stupid ratings.

Cecil has way more votes tha WoL on account that he's been out for longer and he got his 6* quite a bit before WoL, also just easier to get since its a base 3 (theoretically anyways). He actually has more votes that put him on 8 than 9 or 10 individually, but not by much. In contrast WoL has more 10 votes than anything but the ratio is still lower than wilhelms which has disproportionately more 10s than anything but far fewer votes, which cause the usual troll votes to drag him down harder than the other tanks.

Realistically, Wilhelm should be the strongest pure tank in the game with WoL being the most versatile one. With the advent of stronger healers, supports and dps units with side healing the importance of a tank being able to heal has diminished (outside of Arenas anyways)

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

A true visionary. :patriot:

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

hagie posted:

Usefulness of the following TMRs:

Lordly Robe Good armor for casters. idk offhand what's comparable but if you got some good mages it'd be worth working on eventually.

Angel Earrings: Poor. Auto-regen is also available on the Angel Ring which doesn't require TMR grinding, MP+20% rarely helps killing poo poo faster and Turbo Ethers and Elixirs can help with MP issues, and Dark Resist+50% isn't much of a game changer.

Miracle Shoes: Auto-Regen is still trash and Auto-Protect and Auto-Shell don't stack with better buffs like Embolden, Cheer, and Focus which you'll probably end up using anyways.

Goddess Bow: It's a good bow but bows aren't really top tier weapons. They can't be dual wielded and I'm not sure if any great bow users are coming along.

Aquan Killer, Stone Siller: Good to have when they're relevant but these are Friend Point unit TMRs, blow your friend points summoning them and hopefully you'll get the 21 needed to squeeze them into one of these. Spend your energy/lapis on harder to get and more useful TMRs. Hopefully you'll get the other good friend TMs like Dragon Killer and HP+10% (and Banish for all those challenges that's using it and you don't feel like swapping in a healer I guess) at the same time.

That's my thoughts at least, Lordly Robes are the best of that lot and the rest aren't worth it unless you run out of good TMRs to grind out.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

Thanks. Looks like some vikings are getting the boot.

HOLY HELL finally got the Beast Cestus

CoD
Charlotte
Rain
Vaan
Lenna
Gilgamesh

I figured I would give up on Noct and try another strong one. Divider on Gilgy cut down good chunks and made nice for Limit generation. Lenna took her typical wife beating after 1st round and it was puppy love from there on out. Whenever Overwhelm didn't fully stick, and Vaan didn't have to put up Barthundra he used Full Break. No mistakes on Preperation...also realized I had no Dispel...The only mistake I could claim was Gilgamesh putting Great Nian at like .5%, thankfully I had 3 limit bursts in the chamber.

Thank gently caress. I know they aren't THAT great but I just wanted them.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Ugh. Got Bedile yesterday. Hayate today. Two days ago, Gold gave me Gaffgarion. I just want a Chocobro Noctics, or Yun. :(

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i also just want a base 5*

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.

rabidsquid posted:

Hang in there lil buddy, I didn't get my first base 5* until I'd been playing for 7 months! Then I got two in a row, Greg on the Noctis banner, and DF on her banner in only 6 pulls.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Man, I keep somehow mistiming my item for the Trust Moogle, and I'm running out of items. I either pop it off too early, and the thing isn't dead yet, or I pop it off too late and it burns the item without actually doing anything.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Kheldarn posted:

Ugh. Got Bedile yesterday. Hayate today. Two days ago, Gold gave me Gaffgarion. I just want a Chocobro Noctics, or Yun. :(

Hayate (Black Cowel) and Gaff (bracer) are both critical TM pulls for ATK maxing.

Cartoon Man fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Feb 2, 2017

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Cartoon Man posted:

Hayate (Black Cowel) and Gaff (bracer) are both critical TM pulls for ATK maxing.

:suicide: I have so much TM farming to do and not nearly enough energy or party space to do it all.

Dr. Video Games 0112
Jan 7, 2004

serious business

Alpha Mayo posted:

Any idea how far away enhancements are? Randi looks very underwhelming. Rapid LB would be cool but his LB looks lovely, and his best attack is 2.15 with reduce def -35% (not ignore def) so the defense reduction will be heavily resisted like def/SPR breaks usually are.

I am going by Exvius wiki's listed stats though which might be wrong.

The "unofficial" rumor mill is rumoring that GL won't get enhancements at all that's why they are buffing some/adding strong exclusive units instead. It's not true, dont worry about it.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Enhancements are another grind so of course they are coming to global. More things to burn energy in.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Cartoon Man posted:

I already have Hayate. As a matter of fact, this was #4, because his TM is at 20% now.

But I don't care about TM farming right now. I just want Noct.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

McSpankWich posted:

Hang in there lil buddy, I didn't get my first base 5* until I'd been playing for 7 months! Then I got two in a row, Greg on the Noctis banner, and DF on her banner in only 6 pulls.

i think i have been playing for seven months! i started before the hard launch

Kheldarn posted:

I already have Hayate. As a matter of fact, this was #4, because his TM is at 20% now.

But I don't care about TM farming right now. I just want Noct.

i also just want a noctis

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Unfortunately pulling a particular 5* unit right now that isn't on banner is only .01% chance, and that is pulling on the off banner pool.
If you didn't get Noctis before, you probably aren't getting him now.

Pokemaster #421
Jul 14, 2005

For a swift one at the wrist, down on the old main drag.
Dang once status effects are back in action ling paired up with noctis dual fire flask will render a whole team ineffectual by the end of turn one. Even if it's someone like Refia who's immune to a good chunk there's still a couple left that should hit home. So far I'm really digging ling she's a fantastic support unit and I think she's going to take the place of my cod as a permanent unit, unless it's a boss fight against a man monster. Maneater is still pretty boss.

Actually come to think of it I'd prob be better dropping chiz when there are human bosses and keeping both ling and cod in there. Anyone else finding her to be super useful? Maybe once 6 star WoL rolls out he will be better but for now she's pretty drat radical

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Pokemaster #421 posted:

Actually come to think of it I'd prob be better dropping chiz when there are human bosses and keeping both ling and cod in there. Anyone else finding her to be super useful? Maybe once 6 star WoL rolls out he will be better but for now she's pretty drat radical

If you don't need your support to do damage all the time then she's absolutely top shelf for now, and the only thing that puts WoL ahead of her is that he does damage with his breaks and is also a tank. Ling, conversely, is the reason you need tanks, because she's entirely as squishy as a 5* character.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

rabidsquid posted:

My only base 5* is Maxwell and I've been playing since soft launch. I've managed to get 2 5* crystals in the 200+ pulls I've done and both were base 3* units (Xiao and Lenna). :sigh:

Vasler
Feb 17, 2004
Greetings Earthling! Do you have any Zoom Boots?

rabidsquid posted:

This is me as well. Been playing since WoL came out and the best units I think I have are Refia, two Ex Deaths, two Chiz, two WoL, and two Agrias. It seems impossible to roll something great in this game.

On the other hand, I have many lucky goon friends with mega-noctis that can carry my scrub rear end through most content so it's a wash I guess.

Pokemaster #421
Jul 14, 2005

For a swift one at the wrist, down on the old main drag.

KataraniSword posted:

If you don't need your support to do damage all the time then she's absolutely top shelf for now, and the only thing that puts WoL ahead of her is that he does damage with his breaks and is also a tank. Ling, conversely, is the reason you need tanks, because she's entirely as squishy as a 5* character.

Yeah cod does have some decent durability what with all her resistances and such. So far so good though, so until she becomes a liability or something I think I'll keep rolling with ling.

As for the base 5 chat, I've managed to get 3 of them, but 2 are basically useless at this point and to really pour salt on the wound I pulled dk Cecil on Luneths banner and got all excited for a split second until my hopes were crushed. I guess his future enhancements make him usable but lord knows how far out that's going to be. That said pulling noctis more than made up for missing the good units because with dual wield he's an absolute beast and mine is only at like 615 Atk.

I think his biggest plus though is that he doesn't have a stupidly long attack animation, unlike a certain pink waifu we all know and love

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

Evil Fluffy posted:

My only base 5* is Maxwell and I've been playing since soft launch. I've managed to get 2 5* crystals in the 200+ pulls I've done and both were base 3* units (Xiao and Lenna). :sigh:

Vasler posted:

This is me as well. Been playing since WoL came out and the best units I think I have are Refia, two Ex Deaths, two Chiz, two WoL, and two Agrias. It seems impossible to roll something great in this game.

On the other hand, I have many lucky goon friends with mega-noctis that can carry my scrub rear end through most content so it's a wash I guess.

:same:

I've been playing since 8/11 and no rainbows, no 5* base. But I still crush content with the help of Goon friends (I love you guys) and a bit of planning and dupe stacking. I'm pretty much going all in on Orlandu and if that doesn't work out, I have two Chizurus with Excaliburs ready to make a friends list Orlandu sandwich with.

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!
:frogsiren: Maintenance in around 1 hour. Spend your NRG goons. :frogsiren:

Cloud is basically the baddest of the asses but still if they don't do a global release I won't be waiting for him. It will be like Christmas/NewYears 2018 by this point, gently caress that. Also will have over half a year of getting to horde another pack of tix for him after Orlandu release anyway.

Varance
Oct 28, 2004

Ladies, hide your footwear!
Nap Ghost
PSA: Cloud is on a banner with a bunch of new FFBE characters. The rest of the 7 cast has been left off for now.

Varance fucked around with this message at 08:39 on Feb 2, 2017

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
Record Keeper?

Were getting based TYRONE in this game?

Varance
Oct 28, 2004

Ladies, hide your footwear!
Nap Ghost

Shoenin posted:

Record Keeper?

Were getting based TYRONE in this game?

Sorry, I play both. Meant FFBE. One of them kinda looks like Tyro, at least. William's an offensive green mage with earth-elemental magic attacks, including Doublecast Black Magic and Stonja/Quake. The -ja spells are fun, in that they become more powerful every time they're used.

Varance fucked around with this message at 08:52 on Feb 2, 2017

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
Boo

I wanted TYRONE

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!

Varance posted:

PSA: Cloud is on a banner with a bunch of new FFBE characters. The rest of the 7 cast has been left off for now.

Of course. They wouldn't put like ALL the gamebreaking stuff onto one banner, but spread it out over the year so you keep coming back spending more and more. Same with Orlandu and OnionKnight banners really, just add 3 lovely units and you might as well just sell them cus their TMs have less value than gil.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I hope they dont loving screw with enhancements because the global exclusives they gave randi are pretty poo poo.

Tiger Millionaire
Jan 25, 2014

He'll eat your kids and fire your parents!
3 pulls, 3 golds but none of them had the common sense to turn into a rainbow Yun on my birthday, shameful.

At least I got my first alma and snow, so that's okay, I guess

Unoriginal One
Aug 5, 2008
I find myself tempted to start shoving cactuars into Yun just so I can help goons live out their Chocobro dreams, for all that I'm probably better off just leaving my 540 Atk Luneth up.

That aside; as a non-macro user that Gigas Axe is looking rather nice, for all that I don't have all that many units that can get much use out of it.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

I've been seeing more gold crystals on my pulls the past few days. Ingus, Hope, Seven

I'm more annoyed that I am getting last times bonus banner people. Got Seven today, Jack a day or 2 ago.

I've been playing for 2 months or so and I've only seen one blue turn gold, but never seen the mystical rainbow....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
Oh yeah I finally got the 5% TM from the stupid beast fight. It was a stressful fight, believe me. It was the hardest fight I've encountered so far in either of the popular Final Fantasy gacha games.

Now I just need the arena awards to come in, and with a Zidane at 90%, I'll get my first Dual Wield!

• Locked thread