Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Midnight Voyager posted:

You really think he's taking them as directed and not like grabbing one every time she's not around and he's about to go to the gym?

Yeah but how did she not realize her medication was disappearing? Did he replace it with a placebo? Did she think it was normal that the bottle only lasted 1/3 of the time between refills?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

DrBouvenstein posted:

My (35M) gf (35F) tells her coworkers that we are cousins

Well, pretty easy to see what's going on here. Girlfriend is cheating on OP with a coworker.
UPDATE - My (35M) gf (35F) tells her coworkers that we are cousins

Choice entries from some of his replies in the now-deleted post:

That last part...if the guy she's dating regularly hangs out with them, he NEVER picked up in the past year that she was dating him, and not OP?

I’m confused, why did she introduce him as her cousin then?

Tau Wedel
Aug 3, 2007

I'm fine. Everything's fine. There is no reason to worry.
Male housemate reprimanding me over rotten food and garbage everywhere. (I haven't been home in three months.)

quote:

A couple months ago I (22F) made a post here complaining about my (24M) housemate who thinks I'm the Magical Cleaning Elf. It was incredibly frustrating. I tried a lot of different methods of communication, but nothing stuck. I am currently spending the summer in my home country.

In a baffling turn of events, last week I started getting sternly worded texts from Housemate about needing higher standards of cleanliness at home He told me he had been forced to "purge the house of festering sh*te" all by himself (he is the only one home).

Some things he is unhappy about :
  • Kitchen and bathroom trash not being taken out
  • Bags not being collected on trash day because they were full of something else other than trash? Not sure what he's been using them for
  • Dirty laundry everywhere
  • Fridge full of rotten food
I am at a total loss. It's difficult to imagine how this otherwise successful, popular, and intelligent adult man is convincing himself that this is my fault, or indeed has anything to do with me at all.

EDIT:

THIS IS NOT THE SATISFYING UPDATE Y’ALL WANTED. I still need to get my stuff from the house when I get back next month and I have no interest in seeing how deep his crazy goes if I piss him off. Gotta look out for numero uno.

I texted him “Do you mean to say that I left a big mess back in June and you’re just now having to clean it up?” He said “No” and I said “Ok then.” He changed the subject.

Some of y’all’s comments made me laugh sooo hard and I can’t wait to use them AFTER I rescue my belongings safe and sound!!

(Also to clear up a couple things, YES he knows that I’m not actually still living there, and NO I have never done his laundry before. I’m not lying when I say he’s generally a good guy and this level of delusion is new and upsetting.)

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

quote:

I assume he was taking them in the morning because that’s when we would go to the gym and around the time I would take them myself. I remember the doctor refusing to give me more after some time because of how dangerous it is to keep taking steroids that strong. I wish I wasn’t so stupid back then because I felt crazy that I was misplacing my medication.

So she did notice and went "I'm crazy" instead of "my boyfriend is stealing my medication".

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

AITA for refusing to babysit my niblings?

quote:

I(32M) am child free. Not because of childhood trauma or because I think the earth is overpopulated. I just don't like kids, and don't want to invest my time and energy in raising them.

I have an older sister (35F) and a younger brother (28M). My sister has 3 kids, ages 7, 5 and 2.

I moved out of our hometown when I was 19, so I have never lived close to them. When I visited during the summer, I was more than happy to take the kids out for a couple of outings. But I usually either had one of their parents or a babysitter with me.

Now my older sister tends to dump her kids on anyone she can sucker. She is a SAHM but the kids spend more time with our parents or our brother.

For years now, my brother would call to vent to me about her, about how she just drops her kids at his doorstep and leave, and she wouldn't answer her phone, so he would be stuck with them for hours.

I moved back 3 months ago, and from the get go she wanted me to set a room for her kids in my house. I shut her down hard. I also told her that I will not be babysitting her kids, not unless it is a true emergency and she can't find a babysitter. She thought I was bluffing.

The first time she dropped unannounced to leave her kids I didn't open the door, she said that she will be leaving them and I will be forced to act "like I decent uncle". I said all that will do is getting the cops called on you for abandonment. She was furious.

I haven't babysat the kids once these last 3 months. I took them on 4 outings, but no babysitting to suit her.

Now she is calling me an AH for not helping (IDGF about this part), but my younger brother is also pissed at me for not helping ease his burden a bit. I told him it's not my fault that he doesn't know how to set boundaries with her (after years of trying to gently encourage him to stand up for himself and commiserating with him). And now he is calling me an AH too. So AITA

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
man, I was short on pills last month. Do I have a boyfriend that I don't know about who's stealing them? I figured "pill-taking is such a habit by now that I managed to take them twice" was a good enough reason for it.

Soylent Pudding posted:

Brother's just mad that she probably dropped them off on him right after this.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Tau Wedel posted:

Male housemate reprimanding me over rotten food and garbage everywhere. (I haven't been home in three months.)
I went into this expecting him to be a garden variety rear end in a top hat but this is one of those "maybe it's a gas leak/schizophrenia" posts, like, dude just absolutely lost his poo poo and she claims he was normal before

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Tau Wedel posted:

:stare:

DACK FAYDEN posted:

I went into this expecting him to be a garden variety rear end in a top hat but this is one of those "maybe it's a gas leak/schizophrenia" posts, like, dude just absolutely lost his poo poo and she claims he was normal before

Exactly, I was just thinking gas leak/brain issue time?

Gadzuko
Feb 14, 2005

CharlestheHammer posted:

I’m confused, why did she introduce him as her cousin then?

Because she didn't want her coworkers to think there was any possibility she was cheating on her boyfriend with the op

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

he had been taking my oral steroids that I was prescribed with, thinking that they would make him buff at the gym

lmfao

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Soylent Pudding posted:

Younger brother with a faceful of camel-rear end calling to whine at OP about how he's gotta let the camel's nose into his tent

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Kurieg posted:

Goddamn that "he had been taking my oral steroids that I was prescribed with, thinking that they would make him buff at the gym." is too long for a thread title because holy poo poo how dumb can you be.

My cousin stole an entire bottle of prescription prednisone I had from a recent asthma attack because he only read the word "steroid"

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Gadzuko posted:

Because she didn't want her coworkers to think there was any possibility she was cheating on her boyfriend with the op

But then she got mad at him for asking and then it just never comes up again

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Pope Corky the IX posted:

My cousin stole an entire bottle of prescription prednisone I had from a recent asthma attack because he only read the word "steroid"

Yeah, people are dumb as poo poo.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat
i mean they're oral steroids, they obviously only make your mouth buff

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008

DrBouvenstein posted:

My (35M) gf (35F) tells her coworkers that we are cousins

Well, pretty easy to see what's going on here. Girlfriend is cheating on OP with a coworker.
UPDATE - My (35M) gf (35F) tells her coworkers that we are cousins

Choice entries from some of his replies in the now-deleted post:

That last part...if the guy she's dating regularly hangs out with them, he NEVER picked up in the past year that she was dating him, and not OP?

This made my head hurt. If it's not fiction, then it's the dullest and most gullible person in the world being gaslit.

Pomme de Terror
Sep 30, 2021

Well, one of us must have killed him!
AITA for cancelling my Netflix subscription?

quote:

throwaway just in case this gets recognized.

So I (27f) pay for a Netflix account, as well as some other streaming things like Disney, and my family shares it. However, due to the fact that Netflix is starting to crack down on account-sharing, and the fact I don't really use it anymore compared to other streaming services, I decided to just cancel it at the end of the month. When I told my family, they freaked out because they use it all the time, and they have shows that they can't watch anywhere else. I told them that they could pay for it themselves then, but I'm not going to break the Netflix ToS for their convivence. They got mad and said, "we are family, and family helps each other out." I asked them what they do to help me then, since I just let them freeload. They got even madder, and said if I go through with this, they might not ever forgive me. I just called them crazy and told them they weren't allowed to use any of my other streaming platforms anymore either, whether or not they allow account sharing. They freaked out even more, but then I just hung up. Now everyone is mad at me for some reason, and I'm beginning to think I might have done something wrong. Did I?

just lol

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Foo Diddley posted:

i mean they're oral steroids, they obviously only make your mouth buff

They make your lungs buff too

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Pomme de Terror posted:

just lol

Growing a spine can be painful

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Pomme de Terror posted:

just lol

That's some whiplash going from the OP hand-wringing about account sharing to the family's reactions, goddamn.

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos

Mx. posted:

AITA for banning my husband from visiting my sister with me because he won’t stop trying to "debate" her and her husband?

quote:

Zach said that it was pretty sexist for Tom to say that and when Tom asked how, Zach told him that moms can have careers too, and that Marie shouldn't give up all the hard work she just did… Tom started on a tangent and Marie cut him off and told him to either quit or leave because she’s done entertaining his nonsense. Tom laughed it off, but it was still very awkward after this.

We didn’t stay for long after and when we got home, I told Tom that I am done with him embarrassing me and that he’s not allowed to join me whenever I visit Marie again, if I’m even invited back. I told him that it doesn’t make him look smart when he always insists on having these conversations, that it just makes him look like an rear end and me like a fool.

This is it, this is what heroin feels like

eta: and someone in the comments shared this, which is fantastic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xD8lVzwb2AE

The "women would rather be single than date lovely men" isn't a rabbit hole exactly but I keep jumping into it. https://www.boredpanda.com/number-o...ampaign=organic

quote:

Shortly after the article, people started sharing their reactions surrounding the matter on TikTok

quote:

I want you guys to look into this study, okay? So apparently there is an increase in single lonely men and it's not because of anything that these Andrew Tate or Kevin Samuels-like figures are saying, in which they claim that it's because of a lack of "alpha males" or because like, women don't respect men enough. It's literally because women don't like getting treated like dogs**t.

If you don't believe me, it's actually in the study itself. Boom there it is. "Dating opportunities for heterosexual men are diminishing as healthy relationship standards increase." And another little bit: "Women prefer men who are emotionally available, good communicators and share similar values."

All of this time in which women have been saying that tjheuy don't want to date men who are emotioanlly unavailable, who don't share their same values, are just, generally speaking, horrible human beings. What you just thought that they were joking? You actually thought that people wanted to date you, being the physical manifestyation of a landfill? No, they don't want that.

And it doesn't matter how good you look or how alpha you are, people don't want to date other people who are horrible human beings, you know, and we;'re going to see this trend of more single lonely men if we do not humble ourselves and start treating other human beings right.
Other TikTokers jumped in on the topic too, here’s what they had to say:

Brenttany Sharraine, a TikTok creator who shares mindset and self-improvement tips for women, also contributed to the discussion by sharing a video where she states that “the tables have turned.” According to her, women don’t seem as shocked by Matos’ article because they have expressed their concerns about the treatment of men towards them for decades.

“The reason why women aren’t surprised is because they are the ones in the front seat driving for change. Men have used women’s desire for love, affection and provision as a primal way to gain access to women while lacking the most important traits that were needed to sustain a long-term healthy relationship. Core values. Women would rather be single until the right guy for the job comes along,” Brenttany told Bored Panda.

Moreover, more women are setting healthy boundaries and no longer accept the superficial standards that men could get away with previously, she added. “Some will say it’s the rise of the matriarchy, I say it’s the healthiest form of natural selection. Women have healed themselves emotionally and mentally and they’ve taken accountability. They now have a ‘desire’ to find a partner, not a ‘need’ as it was 50 years ago.”

Men must step up their dating game if they want to find themselves in a healthy relationship, Brenttany told us. “Men, as much as they may not want to admit, are scientifically happier when they are paired romantically.”

“This change is not only good for women, but long-term, it’s good for men as well. Men will now be able to learn to connect on a deeper level, tap into their masculine energy and build healthier and meaningful relationships with not only women but the people around them,” Brenttany added.

So it looks like the article didn’t sit well with some men. Some of them were downright outraged, arguing women are “too picky” and have “double standards”, and even sending hate mail to the couple’s psychologist himself. Matos later took to TikTok to offer a response to the angered men and ask them, “Why? When all I am doing is asking you to be the best version of yourself. That’s all. All I am inviting you to do is just be the best version of yourself.”

He continued: ‘If I as a leader am always seeking self-improvement, so why would I not look to my relationships, the people I care about the most, the people I say I love, and not ask myself, how can I love these people better, why would I not ask myself that? Unless I was afraid.”

“The leaders who I have come across as I’ve visited other countries … who are the most effective, are the ones that are skilled in human relationships, my friends,” Matos explained what message he wanted to convey with his article. “All of us reaching our fullest potential, knowing that there are resources out there, mental health care, that there are therapists out there trained in communication skills. Why would you not?”

Despite men lashing out after being called out for adverse behaviors, the psychologist has hope for men’s “transformation” and said there is some good news. A few of his suggestions on how men can lessen their chances of being single include seeking therapy to address their skills gap, self-reflection, and establishing new healthy romantic habits, starting from the first date and continuing forward.

There's a bunch of satisfying screenshotted tweets as well.

trickybiscuits fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Aug 24, 2022

run on sentience
Mar 22, 2022
I enjoyed that, thank you. I liked this:

“Some will say it’s the rise of the matriarchy, I say it’s the healthiest form of natural selection. Women have healed themselves emotionally and mentally and they’ve taken accountability. They now have a ‘desire’ to find a partner, not a ‘need’ as it was 50 years ago.”

Stonehouse Beach
Feb 8, 2019

When my aunt was prescribed steroids for ankle inflammation she was afraid taking them would make her flip out like "that wrestler"

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

poo poo like this isn’t just an rear end in a top hat move, it’s dangerous - depending on how high your dose is and how long you’ve been taking it (and it doesn’t have to be long, like taking it for more than a week will do it), going cold turkey on prednisone will land you in the ER or worse real fuckin’ quick

Ask me how I know :v:

Involuntary Sparkle
Aug 12, 2004

Chemo-kitties can have “accidents” too!

Soylent Pudding posted:

AITA for refusing to cook dinner?

Update:

quote:

hey, so thanks for all your responses and all the advice on my post yesterday.

John and I sat down together this evening, and the first thing he said was that he was sorry. He said that he was sorry for the way he had been talking to me and that he understood why I did what I did.

(He also told me he saw my Reddit post, ah oops).

He informed me that there was a rumor spreading around his workplace that they were planning on laying off a lot of people, and he freaked out. He didn’t want to end up unemployed because he wanted me to be able to have my full maternity leave, and also didn’t want to force us to dip into our savings accounts. So, he was working through his lunch and was coming home without having eaten anything since 7am that morning. (cause of the insane crankiness)

And unfortunately, the rumors were true, and he ended up being laid off. So, he’s unemployed. (Which means he didn’t actually go to work today. He went to his sisters house - and yes, I called her and confirmed that he was actually there all day).

He told me that what was going on wasn’t an excuse, and that his behavior towards me was unacceptable.

(btw I did reach out to my MIL + FIL and they gave him an earful this morning, SIL did the same)

He admitted that he was jealous he couldn’t spend the same kind of time with daughter, and that it his jealousy was coming out in those ways. (He is absolutely enamored with daughter and wants to be more present to bond while she’s still a newborn)

I told him that I needed him to see a therapist. I needed him to talk to a professional about how he’s been feeling, and I will do the same. We’re currently looking for one (maybe a different one for me) covered under my insurance from work.

I told him that until he has had a couple sessions, I am going to be staying at my parents home. It’s not necessarily a matter of distrust, but I believe he needs to talk to someone and be in charge of himself for a little bit. I told him that I have no intention of keeping daughter from him, but I believed it was best to remove myself from our home for a little while.

He agreed to all of these things.

(and my wonderful parents/ILs told us they’ll help handle our bills until I’m back to work)

So that’s where we are. John is going to try being a SAHD when I go back to work and has already enrolled in some online classes at a local community college.

MIL sent him some of their family recipes as well, so John is going to be handling dinner from here on out so he can get better at cooking.

I understand that many of the people in the comments were telling me to divorce him, or leave, but I don’t think I’m ready to give up on our marriage just yet. I have a lot of people in my corner, including my ILs. Daughter and I will be okay. If this behavior starts up again, I won’t stick around and hope it’ll turn out like this again. I’ll go stay with younger sister (she’s in state - I was recommended against leaving the state with daughter in the case of desire for divorce) until I can get a lawyer.

If there are any other big changes, I’ll update you all again, but for now, thank you, and goodbye.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

AITA for being annoyed my MIL ate my dinner?

quote:

Tonight my MIL came over for dinner I made Swedish meatballs in gravy with mashed potato, broccoli and home made bread.

In my house we tend to eat in the lounge room unless it’s a big event so I dish up everyone’s meal. Kids, MIL and husband I take their meals to them and then before serving mine I have to run out to the line and grab some clothes that I hung out earlier. No big deal.

I served up generous portions for everyone way more than I thought they could eat but when I got back from the line my dinner was gone. I asked if anyone knew what had happened to the food on the bench and MIL pipes up and says she wanted some more. She’s piled her bowl FULL of meatballs. Way more than she would ever eat. I’m stunned. I figure oh well. I’ll just grab some fast food a bit later or something because maybe she was super hungry. My bad for not cooking enough.

But once she’s eaten what she wants, she asks for a container so she can take her extra portion home for dinner the next night. I’m pretty annoyed at this point and mention that it was meant to be my dinner for that night, not her take away meal for the next night. She says “oh well you can eat it then” and I reply with “no thank you.” And hand her a container. ( I didn’t want to eat her leftovers.)

She leaves and my husband puts the kids to bed. When he comes back in he asks what’s wrong and I tell him that I’m hungry. I cooked the meal and didn’t get to eat any of it and I’m pissed off about it. He agrees MIL was way out of line and messages her that her actions were greedy and selfish. She owes me an apology.

She replies telling him that I acted like an rear end in a top hat, I should have cooked more and anticipated that she would take home a portion for the next day, she offered me what she didn’t eat and I didn’t want it. It’s not her fault and that I owe HER an apology for my attitude and snarky comment. She’s also posting on social media about what happened and people are saying that I’m an rear end in a top hat.. and a rude hostess.

I should also add I’m currently pregnant and I feel like I can be quite unreasonable at times due to hormones.

AITA?

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost
AITA for telling him he isn’t my nephew?

quote:

My brother (41M) became a foster father to a young boy ten years ago. The child’s father had passed away and his mother was in a rehab center. The assignment was supposed to be temporary. The foster worker said the young boy would probably be there 6 months to a year. He ended up staying with my brother for six years.

In this time, my brother did a ton for this kid, well above and beyond requirements. He made sure the kid always had nice new clothes, fun toys, got to eat what he wanted, took him on vacations, paid for expensive activities, everything. By the time six years had passed we all thought this child was a permanent addition to our family. Then, shortly after his fourteenth birthday, his mother was able to resume custody. And just like that, he was gone, with almost no notice.

I can’t explain how devastated my brother was. He was beyond distraught. He thought of this kid like a son, and then legally they weren’t anything to each other. He’s eighteen now and just started community college. My brother has a different foster child staying with him now. Even though life has gone on, I know my brother is still in pain.

Recently I ran into this now adult at the grocery store with his mom. He acted very happy to see me and introduced me to his mother at “Auntie (my name).” I said “I’m not your aunt.” He looked a little hurt and then tried to continue the conversation. We talked awkwardly for a couple of minutes and then I finished my shopping.

I told my brother about the awkward interaction later and he said I was “a b**** for no reason” and should have just accepted the title gracefully as it cost me nothing. I disagree. I let this kid be my nephew for six years, and then I didn’t see him again until now. Why should I have to let him call me his aunt when he hasn’t been a member of our family for four years?

My brother called me egotistical, but then he dropped it. I don’t understand why I’m the bad guy. AITA?

Fun fact, when the OP wrote “rehab”, they meant “physical rehab”, because the mother and father were in a terrible car accident, not what normal people think when they see the word rehab.

Involuntary Sparkle
Aug 12, 2004

Chemo-kitties can have “accidents” too!

AITA For excluding someone from a dinner because of their food allergies

quote:

I (31F) am part of a friend group that meets up for dinner about twice a month. There's 6-8 of us that go together, depending on schedules, and we take turns picking restaurants we want to try and for the most part we seem to have similar tastes.

Last year, one of my friends (Jen) asked if we could include a friend of hers (Kate) that just moved to our city. Jen knew Kate from college and since Kate was new in town, Jen thought this would be a nice way for her to develop social connections without too much hassle or pressure. Turns out, Kate is really nice and funny and is now good friends with all of us.

However, Kate has a pretty serious seafood allergy. Like, not just shellfish or just fish, all seafood. She's not deathly allergic, more like break out in hives type allergic. This hasn't really been an issue since we live in the Midwest and there's not a lot of seafood specialty restaurants near us. There are a few that we tried before Kate moved here, but none of them were worth risking Kate's allergy to go back to.

That was until a new sushi restaurant opened up about 4 months ago. My husband and I went and it was amazing. We then went on a double-date with another friend and her husband and they loved it too. So, when it was my turn to pick the next restaurant, I suggested that we go to this sushi place. A few other women spoke up that they've been wanting to try that place too.

But then Jen spoke up and reminded us of Kate's food allergy and asked if I could pick a different restaurant. Unfortunately, the sushi place doesn't really sell much of anything that isn't seafood. Yes, they have some dumplings and edamame type stuff for appetizers, but that's pretty much it. Not exactly a full meal. But, I did the nice friend thing and picked a different restaurant that we could all eat at.

The next week though, I asked the other girls who wanted to try the sushi place if they wanted to go with me and they accepted. It wasn't part of our normal scheduled dinners, just a few of us. But, word got around that a smaller group of us had gone to the sushi place and didn't include everyone. Jen, Kate, and another friend were upset that the rest of us had gone somewhere without them. They felt that we were purposely excluding people.

But, to me, this isn't middle school. We are allowed to do things as friends outside of the full group. And since Kate has a food allergy, it makes sense that she doesn't attend a meal like this. We still have our normal scheduled dinners, just this time a smaller group went to a restaurant that another friend could not eat at.

Like, if I wanted to exclude Kate I could have just stood firm on eating at the sushi place to begin with. But I didn't. But Jen and Kate specifically think I crossed a line by going behind their backs to eat with a just a few of us and that I'm trying to create division in our group. Now people are taking sides and pointing fingers and it's a whole mess.

So OP and a couple others from the group just went on their own for a different night instead of forcing the issue. I think the OP did the best she could in this situation.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Solkanar512 posted:

Fun fact, when the OP wrote “rehab”, they meant “physical rehab”, because the mother and father were in a terrible car accident, not what normal people think when they see the word rehab.

Can't find that comment, I guess OP deleted it because it really wasn't helping her case.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Involuntary Sparkle posted:

So OP and a couple others from the group just went on their own for a different night instead of forcing the issue. I think the OP did the best she could in this situation.

Yeah, I was thinking "so just go without em sometime" through the first half, but the Jen & Kate crew outfoxed me

Agrikk
Oct 17, 2003

Take care with that! We have not fully ascertained its function, and the ticking is accelerating.

Solkanar512 posted:

My god. A child is a ward of the state and by no fault of their own is removed from the foster home to rejoin the bio-mom after a horrible accident.

What a little poo poo.

Doesn’t he know that “auntie” is a sacred title bestowed by holy writ and not assigned to close friends and other important figures in a child’s life, regardless of actual familial status?

moonmazed
Dec 27, 2021

by VideoGames
as someone who has been on oral steroids their entire life and knows they only make you fat and sad, :rubby:

quantumwell
Jun 22, 2013

Involuntary Sparkle posted:

But Jen and Kate specifically think I crossed a line by going behind their backs to eat with a just a few of us and that I'm trying to create division in our group. Now people are taking sides and pointing fingers and it's a whole mess.

Time to stop inviting the two poo poo disturbers from any future dinners.

quantumwell
Jun 22, 2013

moonmazed posted:

as someone who has been on oral steroids their entire life and knows they only make you fat and sad, :rubby:

I don't need steroids to be fat and sad, I'm a natural !

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

moonmazed posted:

wait till you hear about the placebo effect

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

"Uncle" and "Auntie" are terms of respect. They are what children call the older adults in their lives that they are close to, and are important to them. Regardless of whether they are related by blood or marriage. I personally have a bunch of older family friends that I call "Uncle X", or "Auntie Y" who are in now way related to me, but were around when I was a kid.

This kid obviously had a good foster family and was treated with love and respect. So the kid loves and respects his foster family and considers them, (all of them, not just his immediate foster parents), family. Or if you want to be pedantic about it, as important and loved as family.

So when he proudly introduces OP to his bio-mum as Auntie, to deny that familial relationship is a total arsehole move.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

BrigadierSensible posted:

"Uncle" and "Auntie" are terms of respect. They are what children call the older adults in their lives that they are close to, and are important to them. Regardless of whether they are related by blood or marriage. I personally have a bunch of older family friends that I call "Uncle X", or "Auntie Y" who are in now way related to me, but were around when I was a kid.

This kid obviously had a good foster family and was treated with love and respect. So the kid loves and respects his foster family and considers them, (all of them, not just his immediate foster parents), family. Or if you want to be pedantic about it, as important and loved as family.

So when he proudly introduces OP to his bio-mum as Auntie, to deny that familial relationship is a total arsehole move.

The thing that gets me, apparently up to that point there was literally no communication between the kid and the foster family? Her thing is he went back to his biomom then never bothered to so much as call up his foster dad to say hi.

edit: hmm, that's not actually spelled out, and it's not clear what their current relationship actually is between the kid and the foster dad.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

moonmazed posted:

Aren't there some cis-men who try to boost their testosterone to be 'more manly' but because they only know bro-science they gently caress it up and get the opposite? Can't remember the exact chemistry.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through
lmao dying