Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

EugeneJ posted:

Honest question to those voting for Hillary: when she starts wars with Iran and Russia, won't you feel bad that there's blood on your hands?

:agreed:

Let's take the oil, rip up the iran deal, and literally blow Iranian boats out of the water if they get close and make faces at our ships and telling the Japanese and South Koreans to build their own nukes. The world will be safer in the small, steadied hands of Mr. Donald J. Trump.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

FactsAreUseless posted:

It's actually pretty loving important. Legalization of marijuana is one of many many many necessary criminal justice reforms in this country, but it'll make a difference, and a pretty immediate one. Nationally legalized pot doesn't solve all the problems, but it does help to slow down some negatives so reforms can continue on others.

loving stoners, man. She said she's gonna move it to schedule 2, that way children who suffer from debilitating seizures can eat some non-euphoric, heavily advertised MARINOL®. what else do you want :confused:

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Goatman Sacks posted:

My favorite thing about Missouri is how the GOP could be owning every single facet of that state like it was Alabama if they would just give up on Right-to-Work, but they can't, and will likely lose the governorship because of it. Again.

They try passing it constantly. Whatever, I'm glad. Screw those guys and this gerrymandered to hell state.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

FactsAreUseless posted:

No, troll implies someone who is acting to get a reaction. Eugene is presenting his actual, very dumb opinions.

So instead of being a loving moron that's just looking for a reaction he's just a loving moron?

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
It's a good thing Hillary goes with whichever way the wind blows on progressive issues. It's not like she is going to suddenly just be like " removal all gun regulations" but if the wind blows toward " legalize marijuana" and it has a high approval rating she is going to say " legalize marijuana"

Also everyone can thank Joe Bidens " gaffe" for gay marriage support. That was a great movie by Obama " Oh no Joe what did you do?!"

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

A Winner is Jew posted:

So instead of being a loving moron that's just looking for a reaction he's just a loving moron?
Correct.

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Hollismason posted:

It's a good thing Hillary goes with whichever way the wind blows on progressive issues. It's not like she is going to suddenly just be like " removal all gun regulations" but if the wind blows toward " legalize marijuana" and it has a high approval rating she is going to say " legalize marijuana"

Also everyone can thank Joe Bidens " gaffe" for gay marriage support. That was a great movie by Obama " Oh no Joe what did you do?!"

Fracking comes to mind

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Also there's real data showing that legalizing marijuana is a bad thing when it comes to underage substance abuse. Colorado has seen its juvenile treatment centers become overwhelmed in some areas.

Jygallax
Oct 17, 2011

Every human being deserves respect. Even if if they are a little different.
I'm pretty much certain that Hillary will legalize marijuana, she's sensitive to opinion to a fault and public opinion will overwhelmingly swing towards ending prohibition during her first term

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral

Apraxin posted:

The warm-up for this Trump rally is amazing:
Now the emcee is introducing each speaker like they're at a wrestling event: 'Llllladies and gentlemen, please welcome Champion of Freedom, Leader of the Benghazi Hearings, CONGRESSMAN! JIM! JORDAN!' This is a weird event, even before Trump appears.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Once the younger generation gets to the " vote more" level of citizenship you'll see legalize marijuana.

I think Oprah said it best " we are going to have to wait for this older generation to just die to see real progress"

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Also keep in mind that it's not just a question of "is it federally legal." One of the reasons states have been able to legalize pot is because the DEA hasn't been aggressively going in and arresting people for selling it in states where it's legal, even though it's against federal law. That's because the Obama administration chose to be less aggressive with it. Lowering the classification gives the Clinton administration more flexibility in enforcement - or non-enforcement.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Mel Mudkiper posted:

The headline on cnn isn't about the emails. Hell the only reference on the front page is how paranoid it is making DC in general

Hey your right about CNN. And Wash Post. I swear they are there, they must have switched maybe? Either way good.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

So if that's the case, then we could classify Tight Booty Shorts a loving moron stoner, or would he be a loving moron looking for a reaction?

Maybe we should start scheduling loving morons to clear these things up.

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Hollismason posted:

Also there's real data showing that legalizing marijuana is a bad thing when it comes to underage substance abuse. Colorado has seen its juvenile treatment centers become overwhelmed in some areas.

Source, please

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

Apraxin posted:

Now the emcee is introducing each speaker like they're at a wrestling event: 'Llllladies and gentlemen, please welcome Champion of Freedom, Leader of the Benghazi Hearings, CONGRESSMAN! JIM! JORDAN!' This is a weird event, even before Trump appears.

Maybe we'll get lucky and someone will do a run-in with a steel chair.

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

A Winner is Jew posted:

So if that's the case, then we could classify Tight Booty Shorts a loving moron stoner, or would he be a loving moron looking for a reaction?

Maybe we should start scheduling loving morons to clear these things up.

Those pesky disabled veterans, looking for some way to relieve their pain :bahgawd:

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
I just saw a GOP watcher sadly sit all alone in a shopping center with a pen and getting no takers at all. What a lonely life it must be to do the bidding of the GOP.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Tight Booty Shorts posted:

Those pesky disabled veterans, looking for some way to relieve their pain :bahgawd:

Do you think the Republicans would be better about legalizing marijuana or removing it from the DEA scheduling of drugs?

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx
Hmm, single issue concern loving moron.

Schedule II

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:

GalacticAcid posted:

Tomorrow at 9AM I will make a post that finally sinks Trump. Be logged in and ready...

GalacticAcid posted:

I mean, the guy said, exact quote, "I'm the most militaristic person there is."

I'm not a fan of Hillary Clinton's foreign policy views but it's pretty clear that the reality television star is insane and bloodthirsty.

Why do I keep falling for these teases?

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Bashez posted:

lmfao

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

WampaLord posted:

Do you think the Republicans would be better about legalizing marijuana or removing it from the DEA scheduling of drugs?

You know, at some point, you're gonna have to stop doing this. Criticism of democrats does not mean embracing the republicans.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

EugeneJ posted:

Honest question to those voting for Hillary: when she starts wars with Iran and Russia, won't you feel bad that there's blood on your hands?

i lust for persian and muscovite blood

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

You know, at some point, you're gonna have to stop doing this. Criticism of democrats does not mean embracing the republicans.

And you've got to realize that the people who are reforming the system, but not fast enough to your liking, aren't the same as people stopping reforms.

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

Bashez posted:

:golfclap:

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
So as of today Republicsns have outnumbered Democratic early voters in Florids by .5%. IIRC back in 2012 the gap was by 4-5% in favor of the Republicans. Am I comparing apples to apples? Because that sure implies to me that the Republicans are going to get utterly smashed in Florida on Election Day if they lost so much early voting ground.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

It's a two party system, buddy.

Also

Trabisnikof posted:

And you've got to realize that the people who are reforming the system, but not fast enough to your liking, aren't the same as people stopping reforms.

Progress takes time. Back in college I was laughing my rear end off when I passed by the NORML people, thinking "there's no way it'll ever be legal, what a bunch of morons."

Now look where we are.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

ShutteredIn posted:

I've never not clicked something so hard.

Their Obama v Romney one was a pretty lame "Both Sides are Bad" hot take.

But this one...

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

A Winner is Jew posted:

Hmm, single issue concern loving moron.

Schedule II

Is responding with nice meltdown a probatable thing? Holy poo poo, you need to chillax a little :420:

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I just found this - interesting

http://www.pollingreport.com/drugs.htm

quote:

CBS News Poll. April 8-12, 2015. N=1,012 adults nationwide. Margin of error ± 3.

"Do you think that the use of marijuana should be legal, or not?"

Men

Yes 54 No 41 Unsure 5

Women

Yes 43 No 53 Unsure 4

Why the gender gap on weed?

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

WampaLord posted:

It's a two party system, buddy.

Also

Progress takes time. Back in college I was laughing my rear end off when I passed by the NORML people, thinking "there's no way it'll ever be legal, what a bunch of morons."

Now look where we are.

The moron was you :ssh:

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Is responding with nice meltdown a probatable thing? Holy poo poo, you need to chillax a little :420:

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

At least I'm capable of admitting when I was wrong.

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

EugeneJ posted:

Women tend to be more authoritarian than men.

Duck Rodgers
Oct 9, 2012

WampaLord posted:

Now look where we are.

Progress isn't a function of time. Progress is made when people go out and push for it. Activists and social movements are the source of change.

Coca Koala
Nov 28, 2005

ongoing nowhere
College Slice

Dick Trauma posted:

I'm depressed that it appears the right will simply not allow our government to function until we have a Republican president. It's like they no longer have any desire to govern unless they have the White House, and that is now their permanent strategy. Govern while in full control, shut down government when they aren't. They've abandoned the concept of governing while there's a Democratic president. They're going to empty out the Supreme Court and continue to fill the airwaves with hearing after hearing over Clinton's email server and Benghazi. They no longer even attempt to look like they'll accept how our system works. They don't have a drop of shame, and that's how their supporters like it.

I think it'll be 15-30 years before we have a normally functioning Federal government again. The states I think will remain cesspools of partisan idiocy and voters with the memory of goldfish and the self-interest of a Trump child.

I complained about this issue a lot to my Republican parents when the government shut down a couple years ago over the ACA, and I've brought it up a few times against recently. Every time, my mom clucks and tries to explain that I'm just mad, but "this is fine, it's the way the system is supposed to work, it's a valid form of conflict within the government."

I finally pointed out that when John McCain says that a Republican Senate will refuse to consider any Supreme Court nominations made by President Clinton, that is most certainly not the way the system is supposed to work. That one finally managed to get her to stop telling me that this is the hallmark of a functioning government, even if she still hasn't admitted that there's a problem.

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

WampaLord posted:

At least I'm capable of admitting when I was wrong.

So do I. It's a common human thing, to admit when one was wrong.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Women tend to be more authoritarian than men.

:biotruths:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

EugeneJ posted:

Women live longer, I'm guessing there's just more olds.. I'd like to see the age interaction.

• Locked thread