Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S

Data Graham posted:

If they can figure out a way to have it engage/disengage with a button it would be an incredible feat of pointlessness

realistically it could be done with an electrical clutch but as every video i've seen where they pull the belt off the supercharger and then run it down the road, it fowls plugs and runs hot as hell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Wouldn't a non-running supercharger just choke the hell out of the engine, unless you also open up a bypass intake?

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S

Collateral Damage posted:

Wouldn't a non-running supercharger just choke the hell out of the engine, unless you also open up a bypass intake?

yeah, i've seen it done by stupid people on drag and drives. the engines absolutely hate it

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Does a daily driver NSX constitute awesome car poo poo? I'm new to this thread :ohdear:

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Yeah, but curbing the poo poo out of wheels is not awesome.

no lube so what
Apr 11, 2021
Ah, not giving a poo poo about wheels is cool

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

I dont think honda ever made a car that wasnt meant to be driven.

People have racked up really big mileages on the original NSX.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

The everyman's supercar back in the day.

And when you spot one in person it still is a timeless design.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

no lube so what posted:

Ah, not giving a poo poo about wheels is cool

I don't really give a poo poo about my wheels but I still manage not to hit curbs with them

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

Colostomy Bag posted:

It is still my dream car.

MortLansky
Dec 17, 2014
The peak of my existence was driving a NA1 NSX in Japan last year. Tried to get my gf to take good videos but she was too afraid of dying :sweatdrop:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8IVjY3EXiE0

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Eh, Senna's anniversary so on topic with the NSX.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUVkVB3SUf4

CaptainTofu
Jun 1, 2021

El Jebus posted:

It is still my dream car.

Same. Prices seem to have peaked for now so maybe some day in 5 or 10 years I'll have one...

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Colostomy Bag posted:

Absolutely. One of my favorite Pininfarina studio designs, second only to the 456, and ahead of the 550 (both cars that makes my heart flutter, IRL). The entire design is cohesive; it's unmistakable from any angle and each complements the other. Every little detail is there for a reason, without standing out or distracting from the whole.

The redesign works within the contraints of the original, adds a few things, and takes little away (headlights). The R version manages to look racecar without looking "boy-racer". The actual racecars are easily recognizable as an NSX, despite fairly major changes in the Phase 2 JGTC cars.

I always take a good, hard look at them on the road. I smile and wave at the driver. They wave and are already smiling. Sometimes I see one in a parking lot, the driver standing outside smoking, just looking at the thing.

BuckyDoneGun
Nov 30, 2004
fat drunk

Applebees Appetizer posted:

I don't really give a poo poo about my wheels but I still manage not to hit curbs with them

I care, and have a side camera I can manually switch on with guide lines that makes it impossible to kerb the wheel, and still manage it because poo poo happens in the city sometimes and you're just trying to jam the bloody thing in there.

BuckyDoneGun
Nov 30, 2004
fat drunk
Double post, stolen from Reddit:

"Completed" my Streamlined RX-7 Build

quote:

That took far more time than any of the rest of the build. There's a bracket that attaches to the steering knuckle, and that swings the cover out, which is hinged on the leading edge. It is retracted back into place by a spring loaded reel... Here it is in action
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbSDIWw-zxQ

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Neat. I wonder if the Cd is better than a normal looking car.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

BuckyDoneGun posted:

Double post, stolen from Reddit:

Hello there, Red! Been a while since you were a poster on my bedroom wall.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Sab669 posted:

Does a daily driver NSX constitute awesome car poo poo? I'm new to this thread :ohdear:

That's the "new" NSX though and while I'm sure it's cool and all, the OG NSX it ain't

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

KakerMix posted:

That's the "new" NSX though and while I'm sure it's cool and all, the OG NSX it ain't

You’re right but shhhh everyone’s having a moment.

Guinness
Sep 15, 2004

Hell yea this slaps

no lube so what
Apr 11, 2021

Applebees Appetizer posted:

sounds like you care, which is cool. you gotta give less of a poo poo to get on that dudes level

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Personally I think not knowing where your wheels/corners of your car are is terrible car poo poo. lern2drive.

If the old lady who owned my Miat for 18 years managed to not put a single scuff on the car then wtf are you doing? :v:

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Gather round, one and all, and thrill to my turgid tales of underwhelming misadventure!

MortLansky posted:

The peak of my existence was driving a NA1 NSX in Japan last year. Tried to get my gf to take good videos but she was too afraid of dying :sweatdrop:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8IVjY3EXiE0

Fun2Drive told you not to take any videos. :)

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

I'm torn on this

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

slidebite posted:

I'm torn on this

While I admire the dedication, I’m honestly curious what the handling would be like at speed. The fenders would definitely be imparting some side loads that could get real squirrely.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Banger Hilux fan video tbh

https://twitter.com/DocTurboAutismo/status/1791983059094397403?t=fyGLdNszScn2LwgZOFGbTA&s=19

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

That video is of the guy who accidentally shot himself in the head and is a hyper trumper that's bought a bunch of pristine Hiluxes just to destroy them for clicks. He's in the USA.
We've already had the premier "Hilux can't die" experience with two events:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_War

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnWKz7Cthkk

That same guy tried to buy our 88 Hilux (double cab version of the one Top Gear had) and we told him to pound sand.

Fan video that ain't, that is a wasting food for clicks tiktok crap but instead nice trucks that can't be enjoyed anymore.

Also we can import from 1999 now we 'get' all the good Hiluxes. The government hates us plenty but that time is over, import one! I know I have. :smug:

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
buying non lovely cars just to destroy them is other loving thread material holy crap gently caress that guy

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

lol, I want to see it launch and end up on its back.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Huh, it's a V8. Probably better fuel economy... :P

Suburban Dad posted:

Neat. I wonder if the Cd is better than a normal looking car.

Honestly, the only real difference with a "normal" FC RX-7 is the wheel skirts. The other aero is more or less off the shelf stuff, including the hood.
I am curious how much difference the skirts make - the FC is fairly slippery form the start.

TehRedWheelbarrow posted:

buying non lovely cars just to destroy them is other loving thread material holy crap gently caress that guy

Hard agree.
Was that the "Whistling Diesel" fuckstain?

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

TehRedWheelbarrow posted:

I don't know, doing dangerous poo poo in 80s pickups where safety was an optional extra, an hour+ away from the nearest hospital seems like one of those self-solving problems.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

KakerMix posted:

That video is of the guy who accidentally shot himself in the head and is a hyper trumper that's bought a bunch of pristine Hiluxes just to destroy them for clicks. He's in the USA.
We've already had the premier "Hilux can't die" experience with two events:

Lame. I don't know they guy thankfully.

"accidentally shot himself in the head" is one hell of a sentence and I guess it's shame he failed.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Whistlin Diesel. Wrong thread

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Olympic Mathlete posted:

Personally I think not knowing where your wheels/corners of your car are is terrible car poo poo. lern2drive.

If the old lady who owned my Miat for 18 years managed to not put a single scuff on the car then wtf are you doing? :v:

Maybe this is :thejoke: but now I'm wondering whether people call the current 124 Spider the Fiata and if not, why not

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

It's definitely a Fiata to me.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Whistlin Diesel. Wrong thread

Agreed, wrong thread automatically

BuckyDoneGun
Nov 30, 2004
fat drunk
F1 vs T.50

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmR2mWBi3co

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

I saw this guy posting a couple years ago on FB/Twitter, with a (very) few OEM vintage wheels converted to 3-piece so they could be larger and wider. Looks like he's taken off.

https://www.love20bee.com/

He also does refurbishing and one-piece conversions, too, on OEM and vintage JDM aftermarket wheels:

Wonder how much it would cost to have some OEM first-gen RX-7 wheels converted to 15"...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

Data Graham posted:

Maybe this is :thejoke: but now I'm wondering whether people call the current 124 Spider the Fiata and if not, why not

I only have it heard that name from internet nerds but nobody calls it 124 spider in Italy either, it's just Abarth 124.