Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nitramster
Mar 10, 2006
THERE'S NO TIME!!!
mootmoot is lady gaga.

mootmoot is the lady gaga of CA.

No, mootmoot is actually lady gaga.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shimrod
Apr 15, 2007

race tires on road are a great idea, ask me!

Raven457 posted:

If they rode without crashing, anyone could.

In his defence, 0-60 would probably be in a straight line so he'd probably be fine.

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

Xovaan posted:

sprocketry

Hell yes, that is an awesome term. You are a sprocket scientist.

Watommi
Dec 17, 2004

I am all that is man.
Riding this is a little different from riding my Triumph Scrambler

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Quite A Tool
Jul 4, 2004

The answer is... 42

Ola posted:

Hell yes, that is an awesome term. You are a sprocket scientist.

Perhaps a sprocketeer?

Sir Cornelius
Oct 30, 2011

echomadman posted:

Bandits are slow as balls compared to the bike he's coming off of, its possible that has a 33bhp restriction too if its a loaner.

no one is mocking the fact that he thought it was a supersport, just peddling the same tired old hate when there's so much fresh fodder.

Fast is in the eye of the beholder. I'm pretty sure that I can strap Mr. Mootmoot to the rear of a Bandit 600 and ride it non-straight, well within legal limits, enough to make him cry out for Mother Mootmoot.

That said, new riders should measure penis length on the track, not on the streets.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

Sir Cornelius posted:

Fast is in the eye of the beholder. I'm pretty sure that I can strap Mr. Mootmoot to the rear of a Bandit 600 and ride it non-straight, well within legal limits, enough to make him cry out for Mother Mootmoot.

That said, new riders should measure penis length on the track, not on the streets.

quote:

"Balls," I said. "Never mind the track. The track is for punks. We are Road People. We are Cafe Racers."

Sir Cornelius
Oct 30, 2011

Z3n posted:

"Balls," I said. "Never mind the track. The track is for punks. We are Road People. We are Cafe Racers."

Well, if Sonny Barger told Hunter S. Thompsom to shut the gently caress up, I guess he had his reasons ;)

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

Sir Cornelius posted:

Well, if Sonny Barger told Hunter S. Thompsom to shut the gently caress up, I guess he had his reasons ;)

A man of rare intelligence, to be sure.

Marv Hushman
Jun 2, 2010

Freedom Ain't Free
:911::911::911:

Sir Cornelius posted:

Sonny Barger can go play Zip A Dee Doo Dah on his cancer kazoo. What you have to keep in mind is that HST hadn't been on anything remotely approaching a fast, state of the art street bike in at least 25 years. He brought to it understandably dated views and vocabulary, much like you would in the event you're asked to review the 2040 Honda Gammatron Pulse Detonator 6000. He got on it anyway. Would anyone even remember this article if John Updike had taken the assignment?

Sir Cornelius
Oct 30, 2011

Marv Hushman posted:

Sonny Barger can go play Zip A Dee Doo Dah on his cancer kazoo. What you have to keep in mind is that HST hadn't been on anything remotely approaching a fast, state of the art street bike in at least 25 years. He brought to it understandably dated views and vocabulary, much like you would in the event you're asked to review the 2040 Honda Gammatron Pulse Detonator 6000. He got on it anyway. Would anyone even remember this article if John Updike had taken the assignment?

Don't be silly. The 2040 Honda Gammatron Pulse Detonator 6000 will be inferior compared to the '39 Lifan copy.

Crayvex
Dec 15, 2005

Morons! I have morons on my payroll!

Sir Cornelius posted:

I've read his book, "Hell's Angel" and the only memorable thing in it is how he bashes Harley Davidson bikes. He mentions they are slow and have poo poo technology but due to the fact that is what they were riding after the war and most Hell's Angels are perpetually broke it makes sense. If you want borrow a brake pedal from your mates, you better be riding the same kind of iron.

Other than that I found Sonny to a bore. HST is a lier, nowhere near as awesome as his myth, but he was a good writer who learned that writing that you are a badass will make people think you are a badass.

Now I'm off to shoot my my 1911 .45 that I carry in my tank bag after I wheelie all the way to my private shooting range where I shoot at wrecked cars. I hope the 1200 mg of Xanax mixed with Claratin get me the right buzz when mixed with Absolut.

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

I'm going to create an opposite HST character for my writing career.

We were somewhere around Bayeux on the edge of the Bocage when the Gruyère began to take hold. I remember saying something like "I think I had too much cheese; maybe you should drive...." And suddenly there was a lovely chiriping chorus all around us and the sky was full of what looked like swallows, all swooping and singing and diving around the car, which was going the speedlimit with the top down to Paris. And my voice was saying "Holy Jesus! What are these lovely birds?"

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.
The car is a 1964 Citroen DS in deepest taupe and the condition of the hydraulic suspension can only be described as immaculate

Marv Hushman
Jun 2, 2010

Freedom Ain't Free

Sir Cornelius posted:

Don't be silly. The 2040 Honda Gammatron Pulse Detonator 6000 will be inferior compared to the '39 Lifan copy.

What was I thinking? In 2040 Lifan will be the last manufacturer standing and everyone here will be the equivalent of Prohibition rum runners, mixing and distributing their own versions of black market gasoline. For this and many other reasons, the CB200 supersedes the SV650 as CA weapon of choice by 2032.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Ola posted:

We were somewhere around Bayeux on the edge of the Bocage when the Gruyère began to take hold. I remember saying something like "I think I had too much cheese; maybe you should drive...." And suddenly there was a lovely chiriping chorus all around us and the sky was full of what looked like swallows, all swooping and singing and diving around the car, which was going the speedlimit with the top down to Paris. And my voice was saying "Holy Jesus! What are these lovely birds?"

Would buy this book.

Sir Cornelius
Oct 30, 2011

Ola posted:

I wholeheartedly support that book.

If you need a solid source from before you were born, I'm willing to participate.

I've been riding bikes for 3 decades, and gosh do I have non-thrilling stories to tell!

The sheer amount of non-stabbings and mental drive-by-shootings I've witnessed is astonishing and will probably spellbind the reader.

My stories about not ripping the tarmac inch deep with my elbows will baffle the audience.

Did I tell you about my brother almost breaking his toe in an almost-crash. He's so goddamn lucky he survived.

Do we have a deal? I demand a solid 0,8 percent of the revenue. This is not negotiable. I'm a biker. If you've got problems with the therms and conditions of this deal, you'll have to negotiate with my mother. She'll tear your spine right out though your helmet. Or offer you coffee. Well, she'll most likely offer you coffee. lovely coffee. Take the spine-ripping.

Marv Hushman
Jun 2, 2010

Freedom Ain't Free

Ola posted:

We were somewhere around Bayeux on the edge of the Bocage when the Gruyère began to take hold...

Your Pamplona trip report is one step closer to completion.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it
E:I'll fix it when I get home.

Flikken fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Jun 11, 2012

Vork!Vork!Vork!
Apr 2, 2008

vork!vork!vork!vork!vork!vork!

Flikken posted:

Well I just got into riding here'smy bike

well! that certainly is a big bike! be careful when you ride it, don't want to break any tables!

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

Vork!Vork!Vork! posted:

well! that certainly is a big bike! be careful when you ride it, don't want to break any tables!

Ooops sorry.

Schlieren
Jan 7, 2005

LEZZZZZZZZZBIAN CRUSH

Flikken posted:

Ooops sorry.

That bike is loving sweet as hell no joke

Day Man
Jul 30, 2007

Champion of the Sun!

Master of karate and friendship...
for everyone!

Got the new fuel pump in, and my new bike is good to go!

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

Schlieren posted:

That bike is loving sweet as hell no joke

Thanks, I like it a lot.

Its a 85 suzuki gs550es that I picked up for a grand from a friend.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Xovaan posted:

Also, all exhausts should have exhaust wrap. Not because it is efficient or practical-- it's just the coolest thing ever.
Necroquote, but I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who holds this opinion.

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard

Xovaan posted:

Suzuki Blue is my favorite blue. Also, all exhausts should have exhaust wrap. Not because it is efficient or practical-- it's just the coolest thing ever.

Musty ol' smelly pipes suck. Probably not an issue outside of Western Washington though :rainforest:

New pics of the Uly with the green amateur-painted plastics on:

Can't say I am disappointed with how they turned out. Gonna give them a wash and then a good solid buffing ON the bike so they don't move around the workbench on me.

clutchpuck fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Jun 11, 2012

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen
^ Where you gonna put the Deere decals?

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard

Bucephalus posted:

^ Where you gonna put the Deere decals?

Its not JD "greene" - its Rustoleum "GREEN". Was gonna rattlecan stencil a rough EBR Pegasus logo on the panniers and call it a day.

Like http://images.motorcycle-usa.com/PhotoGallerys/Erik-Buell-Racing-logo.jpg

Can you get reflective spray paint? The panniers cover a reflector.

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen
Try tape.

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard
I've got that stashed in the back of my mind but it would be cool to do a reflective EBR logo and I'd have a tough time on that with tape.

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
I'm sure you could get an eBay seller or a goon to do a custom reflective decal for you if you sent that into them. Probably shouldn't run you more than $10-15 :)

Covert Ops Wizard
Dec 27, 2006

theperminator posted:

Gorgeous bike!

Since you've got the gold wheels I'm going to guess you've got the Street Triple R so you should have adjustable suspension
The owners manual it will list several recommended suspension settings and tells you how to set it on your bike.

I'm told they are set up to handle a pillion from the factory, and if you're a fairly light person you might find you need a new rear spring.

I believe the suspension setup is the same as my Daytona, but I'd recommend checking out triumph675.net where you'll find plenty of help from other Street Triple owners.

Awesome thanks!

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

Xovaan posted:

I'm sure you could get an eBay seller or a goon to do a custom reflective decal for you if you sent that into them. Probably shouldn't run you more than $10-15 :)

Indeed you can:
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3470168

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard

I think I will go this direction. Thanks for the heads up.

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Holy poo poo I'm gonna see if I can get that goatse decal in a size for the back of my RF-1100

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.
My '86 Honda Shadow 750. In really good condition for it's age.

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
Went for a little ride today, about 100 miles, Tamales Bay/Pt. Reyes/ Muir Beach highway 1, should have taken more photos but I was having too much fun to stop more.

About 15 miles south of Stinson Beach, it got real tight shortly after this.

Broke babbys 10k mark today

Rear Super Corsa is almost done I think.

Odette
Mar 19, 2011

infraboy posted:

Rear Super Corsa is almost done I think.

:stare:

Jesus Christ, if a cop in my country saw the condition of that rear tyre on any bike, he'd impound the thing ASAP.

dr cum patrol esq
Sep 3, 2003

A C A B

:350:

Odette posted:

Jesus Christ, if a cop in my country saw the condition of that rear tyre on any bike, he'd impound the thing ASAP.

Impounding seems a little extreme.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

I helped Lowtax become a cyborg and all I got was this lousy avatar

Odette posted:

For dirt on a tire?