Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the walkin dude
Oct 27, 2004

powerfully erect.

I love ragging on my whores. 2 SV's, completely different in character from each other. These should last me the summer until next, when I should hopefully get a garage and even more delicious bikes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

Suzuki Blue is my favorite blue. Also, all exhausts should have exhaust wrap. Not because it is efficient or practical-- it's just the coolest thing ever.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

ElMaligno posted:

This is just not any old lovely bike, its my old lovely bike.

congrats!

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Did you put that headlight on there? I'm not sure I approve of you putting BMW parts on Suzukis.

the walkin dude
Oct 27, 2004

powerfully erect.
The headlight is completely questionable. The PO installed the headlight on there. There were some Dominators on there before. The BMW headlight is entirely preferable, mostly as it contributes to the non-thievability of the bike. It's still an interesting look. I'd rather Buell dual headlights lined up with the frame.

Legerdemain
May 3, 2007

Maybe there's something wrong with me, Nanny.

This is a cool shot.

Kenny Rogers
Sep 7, 2007

Chapter One:
When I first saw Sparky, he reminded me of my favorite comb. He was missing a lot of teeth.

Legerdemain posted:

This is a cool shot.
Colorado may not have lane splitting, but mostly...we don't care.
Because this.

MotoMind
May 5, 2007

Ambihelical Hexnut posted:

Officer Porkins and I slowboated it up to 14000 feet today. The LC8 is a loving lazy motor that doesn't seem to care what gear, RPM, or degree of insane uphill you are going, it just grunts it out. I coasted most of the way down the mountain with a low fuel light and it worried me a bit, but she made it to the gas station.

Did you berm it on the way down?

unbuttonedclone
Dec 30, 2008

Traded my dad the 98 r1100gs (which he is going to trade in for a 12 V-Strom)for this. 08 Versys. Sounds way cooler than the BMW and less likely to get a speeding ticket on because it feels faster. The GS liked to go 50 / 90+ on the highway. This can do it, but it feels like it's going faster than it is.

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

Nice! I like Versii Verses Versyses. Only thing which annoys me is the lack of a factory center stand option.

Sir Cornelius
Oct 30, 2011

Ola posted:

Nice! I like Versii Verses Versyses. Only thing which annoys me is the lack of a factory center stand option.

You can get after-market center-stands that mounts on the swingarm. Not the best solution though. I don't know what they were smoking while designing that exhaust.

shootme
Dec 29, 2001

Excuse me, where can I find Hevi-Shot?
Changed up the taillight again and made a license plate bracket to get it off the fender. Still don't like the seat and haven't figured out what I'm doing with that.

unbuttonedclone
Dec 30, 2008
Get a tractor like seat. The proportions with your current don't match.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

thylacine posted:

Traded my dad the 98 r1100gs (which he is going to trade in for a 12 V-Strom)for this. 08 Versys. Sounds way cooler than the BMW and less likely to get a speeding ticket on because it feels faster. The GS liked to go 50 / 90+ on the highway. This can do it, but it feels like it's going faster than it is.

Wow, that looks pretty ideal for a next bike for me. Have to keep it in mind when shopping now :)

Covert Ops Wizard
Dec 27, 2006

This thing is super whippy, easy to ride but the stiff suspension is hell (anyone know how to adjust it and any drawbacks to doing so?) and it is certainly gonna get me in trouble.

Night and day from my old Ninja 250. Next moves are a fender delete, and install some sliders and bar end mirrors. I kinda wanna get different bars for a more aggressive seating position but I'm trying to give the higher bars and upright seating a chance to grow on me first.

theperminator
Sep 16, 2009

by Smythe
Fun Shoe
Gorgeous bike!

Since you've got the gold wheels I'm going to guess you've got the Street Triple R so you should have adjustable suspension
The owners manual it will list several recommended suspension settings and tells you how to set it on your bike.

I'm told they are set up to handle a pillion from the factory, and if you're a fairly light person you might find you need a new rear spring.

I believe the suspension setup is the same as my Daytona, but I'd recommend checking out triumph675.net where you'll find plenty of help from other Street Triple owners.

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard
Explored the Mt. Baker Snoqualmie National Forest today.

clutchpuck fucked around with this message at 08:48 on Jun 4, 2012

Strife
Apr 20, 2001

What the hell are YOU?

shootme posted:

Changed up the taillight again and made a license plate bracket to get it off the fender. Still don't like the seat and haven't figured out what I'm doing with that.

That's a sex machine, but yeah, the seat kind of reminds me of Pinky and the Brain, when Brain is in the big robotic suit but still has the tiny head.

ought ten
Feb 6, 2004

Now that I have a DRZ I can do cool guy stuff, like breaking the law. Can't see it at all but that's a washed-out bridge behind me in the second picture. I spent Saturday afternoon on some surprisingly nice country roads southeast of DC.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

DRZ's are good for going places you're not supposed to be. Also thank you for posting that picture...those barricades are the perfect size for a trials obstacle now I just need to find a broken one to borrow some chunks off of.

shootme
Dec 29, 2001

Excuse me, where can I find Hevi-Shot?

Strife posted:

That's a sex machine, but yeah, the seat kind of reminds me of Pinky and the Brain, when Brain is in the big robotic suit but still has the tiny head.

I also want to go with a 17 or 18" front wheel and a rubber profile that almost matches the rear. Something along the lines of http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_q1xrehb-B9Y/TNCzJg0Rh5I/AAAAAAAAAbE/-sv31Pj0a_4/s1600/bratstyle+cb400+1.jpg

Ambihelical Hexnut
Aug 5, 2008
Weeee!

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Look at that loving Hunk driving that lovely old bitch (HAHA Joke on him they are both the same age!). Oh wait this is supposed to be about motorcycles.

Look at that lovely old loving bike, looking all gloomy and flat and poo poo and... Oh God I just loving love this bike so much :syoon:

Marv Hushman
Jun 2, 2010

Freedom Ain't Free
:911::911::911:

You know, screw these anonymous hill climbers from 1938...it occurs to me now that the inventor of the bungee cord and the chemist who came up with flat black need to be inducted into the AMA Hall of Fame. Few have done more to advance the sport.

Great bike, keep the sh...errr, matte side up.

mootmoot
Jan 29, 2006
Look at this piece of poo poo.

LOOK AT IT.

I have never driven such a heifer in my life.

Problems:

1) It weighs like 400 kilogrammes. That's an estimate, it's heavy as gently caress. My Daytona was about a third of the weight. You would have thought that would mean that it keeps high speed fairly well with momentum and all, but no, this unaerodynamic gently caress loses speed like I lose my patience with it.

2) Slow as BALLS. Like seriously slow. I thought Supersports were quick? Not this one. I don't know if they had a monkey tune it up by hitting it with hammers or something or if it's deliberatly slow but whatever it's unacceptable.

3) The exhaust is near silent. I dont like this as it's unsafe. Motorists need to be able to hear you when coming, filtering is legal in the UK and it's good to have real blower as a pipe to alert people to your presence. I can barely hear it and I'm straddled on this sow.

4) because of 1 & 2, this thing is impossible to wheelie. If I was going to have it for a longer time I would get a rear cog with about 2-3 teeth less to try to get the front wheel up. Not that it would matter, as even if you pulled the best extended wheelie in the world, on this bike you would still not look cool.

5) It's ugly as sin, and because of 2, you have to suffer the ignominity of actually being SEEN on it.

6) It's scratched to death. It's an ugly bike anyway, but this makes it worse.

7) Uggo engine protectors. This thing doesnt even go fast enough to get crash damaged, and any stunting is ruled out.

8) It has ABS which rules out burnouts (I think?).

I feel compassion for anyone who has suffered the burden of a bike like this.

mootmoot fucked around with this message at 11:36 on Jun 8, 2012

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

mootmoot posted:

Abloo bloo bloo!
:qqsay:

1/10, try harder next time.

Saga
Aug 17, 2009

Kozmo posted:

1/10, try harder next time.

mootmoot, in future, you could just troll CA by crashing your bike and videoing the result. That way everyone's happy.

PS - sit on the pillion seat and try again in 1st.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

mootmoot posted:

LOOK AT IT.

I have never driven such a heifer in my life.

Problems:

1) It weighs like 400 kilogrammes. That's an estimate, it's heavy as gently caress. My Daytona was about a third of the weight. You would have thought that would mean that it keeps high speed fairly well with momentum and all, but no, this unaerodynamic gently caress loses speed like I lose my patience with it.

2) Slow as BALLS. Like seriously slow. I thought Supersports were quick? Not this one. I don't know if they had a monkey tune it up by hitting it with hammers or something or if it's deliberatly slow but whatever it's unacceptable.

3) The exhaust is near silent. I dont like this as it's unsafe. Motorists need to be able to hear you when coming, filtering is legal in the UK and it's good to have real blower as a pipe to alert people to your presence. I can barely hear it and I'm straddled on this sow.

4) because of 1 & 2, this thing is impossible to wheelie. If I was going to have it for a longer time I would get a rear cog with about 2-3 teeth less to try to get the front wheel up. Not that it would matter, as even if you pulled the best extended wheelie in the world, on this bike you would still not look cool.

5) It's ugly as sin, and because of 2, you have to suffer the ignominity of actually being SEEN on it.

6) It's scratched to death. It's an ugly bike anyway, but this makes it worse.

7) Uggo engine protectors. This thing doesnt even go fast enough to get crash damaged, and any stunting is ruled out.

8) It has ABS which rules out burnouts (I think?).

I feel compassion for anyone who has suffered the burden of a bike like this.

2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, and 8 can all be fixed with judicious application of this:

PS if you want to wheelie you have to have more teeth in the back, not fewer.

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.
If I was handing out loaner bikes I can't see why they wouldn't all be turbo's ZX-10Rs either, clearly someone with a repeatedly smashed supersport class vessel is a man of speed, skill and class requiring a firebreathing steed appropriate to his stature

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

Snowdens Secret posted:

If I was handing out loaner bikes I can't see why they wouldn't all be turbo's ZX-10Rs either, clearly someone with a repeatedly smashed supersport class vessel is a man of speed, skill and class requiring a firebreathing steed appropriate to his stature

They should know from the windshield spikes that he is a man of speed and class.

Saga
Aug 17, 2009

Z3n posted:

They should know from the windshield spikes that he is a man of speed and class.

I don't think mootmoot is real. He's a some AI poster's alt account and is just here to troll CA. I mean he has such strong opinions about bikes and yet knows so very little about them. He's like the Max Headroom of CA.

Sir Cornelius
Oct 30, 2011

Z3n posted:

That and the tarmac tattoos on knees and elbows.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Sir Cornelius posted:

That and the tarmac tattoos on knees and elbows.

His knee rash didn't come from crashing his bike if you know what I mean :dong:

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

mootmoot posted:

LOOK AT IT.

I guarantee you that I could accelerate faster on that B6 than you could on your Daytona. And the wheelbase is pretty short and the bars are wide so the weight disappears at speeds greater than ~5mph.

I really don't know if you post this stuff to mess with us or not. It doesn't matter what bike you ride because you'll always suck at riding since you actively ignore advice that we give to save you a life of hardship. It's not the bike; it's your disposition about riding.

I wish I still had the picture of my friend in a one-piece and a dual sport helmet dragging knee on his dad's Bandit 600.

Saga
Aug 17, 2009

Xovaan posted:

I guarantee you that I could accelerate faster on that B6 than you could on your Daytona. And the wheelbase is pretty short and the bars are wide so the weight disappears at speeds greater than ~5mph.

I really don't know if you post this stuff to mess with us or not. It doesn't matter what bike you ride because you'll always suck at riding since you actively ignore advice that we give to save you a life of hardship. It's not the bike; it's your disposition about riding.

I wish I still had the picture of my friend in a one-piece and a dual sport helmet dragging knee on his dad's Bandit 600.

Found a new avatar pic for mootmoot.

Element of self-fulfilling prophecy entirely unintentional of course.

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

If a moot point has no value, what does a mootmoot point have? No value no value? Value? Or something inbetween, a form of valueless value which is only worth something to worthless people?

echomadman
Aug 24, 2004

Nap Ghost
Bandits are slow as balls compared to the bike he's coming off of, its possible that has a 33bhp restriction too if its a loaner.

no one is mocking the fact that he thought it was a supersport, just peddling the same tired old hate when there's so much fresh fodder.

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen

Ola posted:

If a moot point has no value, what does a mootmoot point have? No value no value? Value? Or something inbetween, a form of valueless value which is only worth something to worthless people?

valueless2

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

echomadman posted:

Bandits are slow as balls compared to the bike he's coming off of, its possible that has a 33bhp restriction too if its a loaner.

no one is mocking the fact that he thought it was a supersport, just peddling the same tired old hate when there's so much fresh fodder.

0-60 3.8 seconds with proper sprocketry (just coined this right now hell yeah :hfive:) isn't really that slow for a 500+lb motorcycle.

I could probably accelerate faster than him on a 33bhp motorcycle too but that's beside the point

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raven457
Aug 7, 2002
I bought Torquemada's torture equipment on e-bay!

Xovaan posted:

I could probably accelerate faster than him on a 33bhp motorcycle too but that's beside the point

If they rode without crashing, anyone could.