Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Reene posted:

so I got this today

at first I was like "you can't make me click on that" and hovered over delete without reading the rest of it but then a friend goes "you should reply and just go 'actually 4e is good'" and sure enough when I read the rest of it

If you want to date and maybe have sex with someone who likes dungeons amd dragons 4e : my PM box is open

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

sexpig by night posted:

you know what ladies dig? Unprompted rants about how they're not real fans of 'x' because they don't exactly mirror my tastes. That's something they never get from others so I'll be a new experience, right

This is why reddit should delete all those MRA and PLA subreddits. They claim it "keeps them contained", but when they deleted "Fat People Hate" all those guys just left the site and the culture became better. It seems the opposite, really.

To clarify my point, having places where PLAs and MRAs can peddle their bullshit in seclusion really allows people to become exponentially shitter.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Covok posted:

This is why reddit should delete all those MRA and PLA subreddits. They claim it "keeps them contained", but when they deleted "Fat People Hate" all those guys just left the site and the culture became better. It seems the opposite, really.
Lots of them didn't leave

538 posted:

[L]et’s use subreddit algebra to dissect r/The_Donald into its constituent parts. What happens when you filter out commenters’ general interest in politics? To figure that out, we can subtract r/politics from r/The_Donald. The result most closely matches r/fatpeoplehate, a now-banned subreddit that was dedicated to ridiculing and bullying overweight people.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
In all the Wrong Places
Keywords: Divine
Target(s) : 1 Creature Using the Internet
Attack: +12 vs Will
Trigger: The target attempted to use a Charm effect on you and failed
Effect: The target is pushed 10 squares away and Stunned.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

In all the Wrong Places
Keywords: Divine
Target(s) : 1 Creature Using the Internet
Attack: +12 vs Will
Trigger: The target attempted to use a Charm effect on you and failed
Effect: The target is pushed 10 squares away and Stunned.

this better be an at-will utility because it's way too niche to be worth an encounter or daily slot

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

Brother Entropy posted:

this better be an at-will utility because it's way too niche to be worth an encounter or daily slot

Sure, to finish it it just needs to be marked as an at-will utility, given an action type (presumably Immediate Reaction), and to keep it from being class dependent, choose a skill to make it a Skill Power of. Diplomacy 2, probably.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
does monsterhearts 2 let you play a skeleton who gets their bone on yet

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

Reene posted:

so I got this today

at first I was like "you can't make me click on that" and hovered over delete without reading the rest of it but then a friend goes "you should reply and just go 'actually 4e is good'" and sure enough when I read the rest of it

He didn't even try for a date at the end, or something. What a beta.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Oh no, nerd culture wouldn't be popular, what a tragedy that would be *enters comic shop and is faced with wall of largely identical Funko figurines* hmmm

Also, does he think Tolkien had an active part in creating D&D?

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Secure. Contain. Protect.
Fallen Rib
You fly on airplanes and don't want to fly on the Wright Flyer? The Wright Flyer is the is the father to all aircraft. If it wasn't for the Wright Brothers and H.G. Wells airplanes would have been created much later than 1903 and the current popularity of aeronautics probably wouldn't be around until a decade or two from now. Of course, this is coming from someone who's a second generation flyer, who learned about flying from single-engine propeller planes. I don't care much for jets and I haven't flown on the most recent models. I enjoy blimps, though. I've also dabbled with some gliders and rotary wing aircraft.

Sorry for the wall of text.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

JackMann posted:

You fly on airplanes and don't want to fly on the Wright Flyer? The Wright Flyer is the is the father to all aircraft. If it wasn't for the Wright Brothers and H.G. Wells airplanes would have been created much later than 1903 and the current popularity of aeronautics probably wouldn't be around until a decade or two from now. Of course, this is coming from someone who's a second generation flyer, who learned about flying from single-engine propeller planes. I don't care much for jets and I haven't flown on the most recent models. I enjoy blimps, though. I've also dabbled with some gliders and rotary wing aircraft.

Sorry for the wall of text.

:D

Science Rocket
Sep 4, 2006

Putting the Flash in Flash Man

Plutonis posted:

If you want to date and maybe have sex with someone who likes dungeons amd dragons 4e : my PM box is open

Check your PMs :bigtran:

On a more serious note, I'm wrapping up an Eclipse Phase campaign in the next couple of weeks, and one of my players wants to try to run a one shot. It'll be her first time running anything and I'm looking for suggestions for a rules light game that's good for a one shot. Apocalypse World might be the easiest due to the fact she's played that before, but something with a little more pre-written material may be preferable.

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Reene posted:

so I got this today

Tell him that Gygax thought the lord of the rings was slow and uninteresting

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Nuns with Guns posted:

Tell him that Gygax thought the lord of the rings was slow and uninteresting

And Gygax was right. LotR isn't really written to be a good novel, and it shows.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
The Hobbit rules, TLotR drools

RocknRollaAyatollah
Nov 26, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Reene posted:

so I got this today

Tell him Charisma and Wisdom were bad choices for dump stats.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

RocknRollaAyatollah posted:

He's not rocking a whole lot of Int either, and something tells me his Dex score is nothing to write home about.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Well, looks like I might pop over to Origins Saturday after next just to see what's up, maybe get some actual table experience.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Reene posted:

so I got this today

I don't know which is sadder; the fact that he felt the need to contact a you to let know know that you should like D&D, or that he's a second generation gamer who's barely moved past Pathfinder.

At least he didn't try to quiz you on your RPG knowledge to try and prove you're not really a gamer.

RocknRollaAyatollah
Nov 26, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Yawgmoth posted:

He's not rocking a whole lot of Int either, and something tells me his Dex score is nothing to write home about.

Let's be honest here, he obviously wasn't using a point buy system and there were some low rolls all around.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Covok posted:

To clarify my point, having places where PLAs and MRAs can peddle their bullshit in seclusion really allows people to become exponentially shitter.

I don't honestly know how these things are related at all, Covok.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Waffleman_ posted:

Well, looks like I might pop over to Origins Saturday after next just to see what's up, maybe get some actual table experience.

I'm tempted to. I won't be able to make Gencon this year because the people I go with decided on a music festival this year.

Jimbozig
Sep 30, 2003

I like sharing and ice cream and animals.

RocknRollaAyatollah posted:

I like this plan.

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck
I'd work in something about failing a DC 8 check, too.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Len posted:

I'm tempted to. I won't be able to make Gencon this year because the people I go with decided on a music festival this year.

I was checking out the events, and I'm particularly interested in the Real Ghostbusters d6 thing they got. They also got a demo of Ryuutama, which I've always wanted to play, but it's at 6, and I should probably be back home by then.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

starkebn posted:

The Hobbit rules, TLotR drools
Silmarillion is transcendent.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

Reene posted:

so I got this today

Share more of these. They make me feel a lot better about my failed attempts to talk to nerd girls on dating websites.

Rip_Van_Winkle
Jul 21, 2011

"When life gives you ghosts, you make ghost-robots"

I think this is a philosophy we can all aspire to.

Reene posted:

so I got this today

holy poo poo, goddamn, what a dweebus

and yes you should absolutely reply with "actually 4e is good"

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Science Rocket posted:

Apocalypse World might be the easiest due to the fact she's played that before, but something with a little more pre-written material may be preferable.

Or, using AW and then developing her own setting from scratch (with the usual player input) might be perfect - no reading to do and nobody else is an expert on the setting.

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

I MAKE FUN OF QUEER STORYGAMES BECAUSE I HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO WITH MY LIFE THAN MAKE OTHER PEOPLE CRY

I can't understand these kinds of games, and not getting it bugs me almost as much as me being weird
Yeah, that's why I leave off anything gaming related when it comes to dating sites. I'm not sure that there's really a way for any good to come of it.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

I'm an incel but I still have far too much dignity to use a dating site myself.

Reene
Aug 26, 2005

:justpost:

Rockopolis posted:

Yeah, that's why I leave off anything gaming related when it comes to dating sites. I'm not sure that there's really a way for any good to come of it.

I mentioned some of my prior creative work on tabletop gaming projects and included a line saying "like D&D, except not D&D because D&D is garbage" as a joke

clearly this was a mistake

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

:kiss:

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

I wonder if that response was so automatic he even knows he made it.

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler
Don't know why he's on a dating site, he already has a chicken to gently caress.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Oh man, you need to tell him that you just won a $20 bet that he'd make that exact lovely comeback.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Reene posted:

I mentioned some of my prior creative work on tabletop gaming projects and included a line saying "like D&D, except not D&D because D&D is garbage" as a joke

Right on cue

Serf
May 5, 2011

Reene posted:

Originality is dead.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Has it ever been determined what "4e is WoW" actually means apart from "abilities have cooldowns"?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Evil Mastermind posted:

Has it ever been determined what "4e is WoW" actually means apart from "abilities have cooldowns"?

Classes have roles

• Locked thread