Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spacegrass
May 1, 2013

Nothing wrong with a little nu-metal Sepultura now and again: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVQH9IIxU_0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

That was my first Sepultura album. :lol:

Then someone on a band trip introduced me to Beneath the Remains (this was before it was easy to look up previous releases and HMV in Canada was garbage for keeping stock).

This acoustic instrumental is so loving good and I sometimes wonder if it seeded my brain into wanting more stuff like it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMvW419-VFA

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

Finland has some wild poo poo coming up

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Helluva lotta nazis there

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Henchman of Santa posted:

Jesus there really are.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Melechesh have already pulled out of the fest for having too many Nazis.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

I only know two, Archgoat and Taake, so what are the others?

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Spanish Manlove posted:

I only know two, Archgoat and Taake, so what are the others?

Horna, Commander Agares, Azazel, White Death, Graveland, Nokturnal Mortum, off the top of my head. Inquisition have had a lot of accusations and sketch connections over the years if you need more than Dagon being a pedophile. D666, Satanic Warmaster, and Impaled Nazarene have all had sketch accusations and statements too but I don't remember if being outright Nazis is a part of their thing.

Also I've read some stuff online that the promoter themeselves has NS leanings too so yeah. Finnish Sketchfest for sure.

Dimebags Brain fucked around with this message at 05:20 on Sep 1, 2021

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

ImpNaz are not like declared Nazis but by any standard that recognizes why Nazis are scum, they also get the wall.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Dimebags Brain posted:

Horna, Commander Agares, Azazel, White Death, Graveland, Nokturnal Mortum, off the top of my head. Inquisition have had a lot of accusations and sketch connections over the years if you need more than Dagon being a pedophile. D666, Satanic Warmaster, and Impaled Nazarene have all had sketch accusations and statements too but I don't remember if being outright Nazis is a part of their thing.

Also I've read some stuff online that the promoter themeselves has NS leanings too so yeah. Finnish Sketchfest for sure.

Infernal War, Diocletian, Moonsorrow all range from having pretty sus connections to pretty out and out fascist musically as well.

Cynicus
May 1, 2008

owling furies.

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

nooo Onkel Tom what are you doing? get out of there. :(

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

lmao at that lineup, holy poo poo

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

And Bonehunter, who by all accounts are pretty lefty anarchistic punk types.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
sodom said they're still gonna play and they won't bow to political pressure

Monstaland
Sep 23, 2003

So moonsorrow is nazi too? Welp, need to tell some local one armed dude here wearing a moonsorrow shirt all week

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat
maybe his arm fell off from all the nazi salutes he was doing

Baron Von Ghoulosh
Dec 16, 2005

There was a time when I fed from golden chalices,
but now...

Now, I feed as
an old man pees.

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

The variable leading between the artists names on this poster has me lol. Nazi newbs!

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Klaaz posted:

So moonsorrow is nazi too? Welp, need to tell some local one armed dude here wearing a moonsorrow shirt all week

Officially no, but they toured with an Estonian fascist sympathizer band who they call old friends and cry about it whenever fans ask them about it or various similar issues. One of those cases where I wouldn’t call someone a nazi but would absolutely classify them as a shithead.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

sodom said they're still gonna play and they won't bow to political pressure

I'm gonna get on a train to Gelsenkirchen and bully Tom until he gives in

Kaiho
Dec 2, 2004

I've been an unashamed Bal-Sagoth fanboy for 23 years (Starfire... is the best album of theirs). So it's always nice to hear people wear their Sagoth influences on their sleeve, right?

Uh, not when it's aping them quite this exactly:
https://youtu.be/fGTub5N8wAA

It even has the chanted/summoned nonsense Astral being names, and a speech that's all but "heed not the voice of the Lexicon, lest its whispers drive you mad!" at the end.

----

Also goddamn that Nazi fest lineup.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Kaiho posted:

I've been an unashamed Bal-Sagoth fanboy for 23 years (Starfire... is the best album of theirs). So it's always nice to hear people wear their Sagoth influences on their sleeve, right?

Uh, not when it's aping them quite this exactly:
https://youtu.be/fGTub5N8wAA

It even has the chanted/summoned nonsense Astral being names, and a speech that's all but "heed not the voice of the Lexicon, lest its whispers drive you mad!" at the end.

----

Also goddamn that Nazi fest lineup.

I thought for sure this was going to be Kull and was already setting up the mother of all dunks

Kaiho
Dec 2, 2004

As in "that's the band that is everyone except for Byron Roberts, you moron?"

I can see that. Sorry that the YouTube preview didn't load - the band for whoever didn't click is Wizardthrone (:laffo:)

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

I've never posted in here before because I don't tend to leave my bookmarks, but Zeal and Ardor released a new song today! :wave:

https://zealandardor.bandcamp.com/track/bow

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Kaiho posted:

As in "that's the band that is everyone except for Byron Roberts, you moron?"

I can see that. Sorry that the YouTube preview didn't load - the band for whoever didn't click is Wizardthrone (:laffo:)

Just as a heads-up, Christopher Bowes (of Alestorm, Gloryhammer and Wizardthrone) is in a bit of hot water currently. Apparently/allegedly him and the rest of the dudes in Gloryhammer are a bunch of racist misogynist assholes, which may or may not be why Thomas Winkler (the lead singer) left.

https://loudwire.com/alleged-leaked-chat-gloryhammer-misogynists-racists/

Kaiho
Dec 2, 2004

If it wasn't clear, I wasn't about to listen to any more of that copycat poo poo, but appreciate the heads up anyway!

Gorilla Radio
May 10, 2007
On behalf of the Serbs, we're very sorry for the Hillary Clinton sniper incident. Next time, we'll aim better.

Officially no, but they toured with an Estonian fascist sympathizer band who they call old friends and cry about it whenever fans ask them about it or various similar issues. One of those cases where I wouldn’t call someone a nazi but would absolutely classify them as a shithead.

In 2008 (holy poo poo), Ville Sorvali made
this video with Héri of Týr definitively denying Nazi connections. I know it's super old, so did they change/grow more right?

Edit: I'm repeating what was already said. I'm upset because I really like Moonsorrow and don't want a negative connotation.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Gorilla Radio posted:

In 2008 (holy poo poo), Ville Sorvali made
this video with Héri of Týr definitively denying Nazi connections. I know it's super old, so did they change/grow more right?

Edit: I'm repeating what was already said. I'm upset because I really like Moonsorrow and don't want a negative connotation.

https://www.metalsucks.net/2020/03/05/moonsorrows-troublesome-relationship-with-white-supremacism/

Yeah yeah it's metalsucks but like I said I think we can safely call them shitheads at the least.

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

What really blows my mind about this and completely shows how lame the organizers are is all this NS poo poo weren't on the fest until the *final* announcement when all the other big bands were already locked in. This way it forces the bands to take a hit if they decide to bow out afterwards.

I remember seeing previous iterations of the Steelfest flyer and most if not all those NS bands weren't on there, unless I'm misremembering years past ones and accidentally calling it from this year.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Ok, hands up. Which one of you is it?

https://loudwire.com/concert-pooper-turnstile/

Piss Witch
Oct 23, 2005

https://twitter.com/hank_x_hilliams/status/1433167098872836100?s=21

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

https://www.metalsucks.net/2020/03/05/moonsorrows-troublesome-relationship-with-white-supremacism/

Yeah yeah it's metalsucks but like I said I think we can safely call them shitheads at the least.

That really loving sucks. I listened to Moonsorrow a ton in high school.

Anybody know of a non-Nazi band in the same style as Moonsorrow???

henpod
Mar 7, 2008

Sir, we have located the Bioweapon.
College Slice
Don't know much about this band, but this popped up on my YT and is pretty cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=445arWTPkxo

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat

A TURGID FATSO posted:

What really blows my mind about this and completely shows how lame the organizers are is all this NS poo poo weren't on the fest until the *final* announcement when all the other big bands were already locked in. This way it forces the bands to take a hit if they decide to bow out afterwards.

I remember seeing previous iterations of the Steelfest flyer and most if not all those NS bands weren't on there, unless I'm misremembering years past ones and accidentally calling it from this year.

Druadan Forest (on an nsbm label), Infernal War, White Death (also on nsbm label) were part of the initial announcement.

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

Druadan Forest (on an nsbm label), Infernal War, White Death (also on nsbm label) were part of the initial announcement.

Ah, must've missed those. Oopsy.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
I am filled with considerable trepidation by Havukruunu being included in that lineup. If those guys turn out to be shitlords I am going to flip my loving lid.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack
Dunno how many of you guys are into Iron Maiden, but I've just listened to their new album twice back to back and it is EXCELLENT. It's technically out tomorrow, but hey.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

AirRaid posted:

Dunno how many of you guys are into Iron Maiden, but I've just listened to their new album twice back to back and it is EXCELLENT. It's technically out tomorrow, but hey.

I know it's because he is, but man, Bruce sounds ooooold.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack

Dimebags Brain posted:

I know it's because he is, but man, Bruce sounds ooooold.

I think he sounds great for a 63 year old who has come out the other end of throat cancer, tbh.

deadking
Apr 13, 2006

Hello? Charlemagne?!

Nordick posted:

I am filled with considerable trepidation by Havukruunu being included in that lineup. If those guys turn out to be shitlords I am going to flip my loving lid.

It sounds like a lot of these bands were booked before they announced the final hilariously sketchy lineup, so maybe they're fine?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

deadking posted:

It sounds like a lot of these bands were booked before they announced the final hilariously sketchy lineup, so maybe they're fine?

I already know that their label sternly rejects any "extreme political ideologies", nazi poo poo specifically included, and while centrist bullshit isn't ideal, I'll take it as a small victory.