Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

trying to jack off posted:

ok ive had a few playthroughs now and am starting to get the feel for it, i havent played tetris in ages so i was rusty as at the start. i like this generator way more than 7 bag. it makes you have to think a bit more on the fly for possibilities because, while you dont get droughts you really can still end up screwed waiting for that perfect piece you need, forcing you to leave a few more possibilities open. which is the fun part of nes tetris. i was repeatedly screwed by the actual systems though until i figured them out, ive shifted a piece i thought was locked or wall kicked an I way further than i expected on every run so far lol.

i know the scoring makes way more sense for high level play because it discourages esoteric moves. but for low to mid tier, which i will forever be, i kind of like the modern scoring system more since it rewards cool plays that separate the finer details of players since there is a hard cap on what speeds you can get up to so you can end up squeaking out extra points.

its a nice tetris game though so im going to play more of it, any reason you don't have ghost pieces?

i had ghost pieces at one point but they were cramping my style

as for scoring, it's best to focus on getting to line 300 before worrying about anything else imo. just survive

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

lmfao. cmon man.

Lmao I’m sorry

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

mycophobia posted:

i had ghost pieces at one point but they were cramping my style

as for scoring, it's best to focus on getting to line 300 before worrying about anything else imo. just survive

ill probably never get to line 300

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

mycophobia posted:

here is a video of one of my highest tromi scores so far: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBERTk0mX0M

blood pressure skyrocketing just watching this lol

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

ill probably never get to line 300

its not as hard as it seems. in the video i posted im manual locking and going as fast as i can the whole time, you get a lot more leeway if you're letting the pieces lock themselves

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Sub-Actuality posted:

blood pressure skyrocketing just watching this lol

i got really really lucky more than once which makes for a good video

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i just realised this is similar to nes tetris and left side gullies can gently caress you the hell up

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Hizke posted:

Lmao I’m sorry

Lmao

PS this post is impervious to Flames because of the flame proofer. :)

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Once the speed picks up my SRS-addled brain starts loving up and trying for illegal spins, in addition to loving up the lockdown timing and just plain misinputs. I'll keep at it cause I know I can do better.

Not sure what exactly efficiency is measuring?

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

P-Mack posted:

Once the speed picks up my SRS-addled brain starts loving up and trying for illegal spins, in addition to loving up the lockdown timing and just plain misinputs. I'll keep at it cause I know I can do better.

Not sure what exactly efficiency is measuring?

it measures your efficiency

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

Final Fantasy XI

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

it measures your efficiency

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
basically it calculates the minimum number of frames required to put the piece where you put it (including current gravity). the percentage for each piece is (minimum_frames / your_frames) * 100. so just go fast

in other news, ive updated tromi once again. https://mycophobia.org/tromi.html

ive added a missing 0 to the character selection in the name entry and added a high score display to it as well so you don't have to complete a game to see it. for absolutely no other reasons did i update it

mycophobia fucked around with this message at 05:13 on Dec 28, 2022

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Hizke posted:

Drained my nuts nonstop to lewd tromi sluts all day. My penis thanks you!

----------------

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

lol

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

lol rip

e: i'm gonna play tromi for a little bit then ow2 and probably more bof3 later

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Lol

PS this post is impervious to Flames because of the flame proofer. :)

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Nutmeg
Feb 8, 2004
really enjoying ff7r. the combat system rules and it's faster paced than i remembered, chaining characters abilities to skyrocket the stagger meter is alot of fun and im wondering how will i have to get that down for hard mode

Nutmeg
Feb 8, 2004
christ

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

i don't even remember posting in FYAD so i guess i deserve this.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
lol

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

lol

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

----------------

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Going to finally try Cult of the Lamb and Second Sight after work now that Ace Attorney Investigations is finally done, then I might start Tokimeki Memorial to get a few more Impmas trophies before the end of the year

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

got started on a new WAD.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

tactics ogre nd ffxi

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
Ask me about shitposting in SAD to get the attention my parents never gave me
WoW retail which has a dungeon I can only describe as a giant borderlands toilet named Crapopolis and its filled over overflowing poo poo and toilet water and sludge and its like a 45 minute dungeon where you fight goblins covered in piss and poo poo and no, I am not making this up

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

That Little Demon posted:

WoW retail which has a dungeon I can only describe as a giant borderlands toilet named Crapopolis and its filled over overflowing poo poo and toilet water and sludge and its like a 45 minute dungeon where you fight goblins covered in piss and poo poo and no, I am not making this up

dear god lol

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

I've been playing FFXI like an addict for the past week and a half.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

I'm still journeying through the Lands Between in order to unravel the mysteries of the Elden Ring but gonna try to break its hold long enough to do some Impmas gaming.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

In Training posted:

got started on a new WAD.

Is it supposed to be vaguely genitals themed

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
Parasite Eve and influenza.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Is it supposed to be vaguely genitals themed

sounds like a psychological problem. its Dam themed, with heavy usage of STUCCO1.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

welcome posted:

Parasite Eve and influenza.

bad luck homie. I'm feeling better but the cough & sore throat are still killing me

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

feel better imps

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

imps getting decimated by the flu left and right. stay safe out there friends.