Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

people take their whiteness too personally

i cant wait to do all the things in far cry 5 to the white people featured in it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Has anyone made the "Far Cry: THE PURGE" joke yet?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I am so sorry I am white, I'd carve SINNER into my back but I can't reach it, can someone come over and do it for me.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

CJacobs posted:

I am so sorry I am white, I'd carve SINNER into my back but I can't reach it, can someone come over and do it for me.
i'll do it but i'll carve NOT ALL MEN into it instead

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

can someone carve "HANDSOME" into my back

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Cowcaster posted:

*carves "HANDFUL" into your back, has a real good belly laugh*

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

In the distant future we will all be hot anime babes as nature xirself intended, finally eradicating the plague known as "men."

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
Prediction: they are going to not follow up with the implied religious white nationalism and instead the twist will be that the leader is only using it to ammass a following to feed his narcissistic disorder. Like a Montana Charles Manson

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

DLC Inc posted:

this "finally I can just kill all the white people" take is beyond embarrassing so I hope this turns out to just be weirdos in a cult and that's it, much like Resident Evil 7

https://twitter.com/balvinsanity/status/785516509690855424?lang=en

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Quest For Glory II posted:

*carves "HANDFUL" into your back, has a real good belly laugh*

gently caress

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

tap my mountain posted:

Prediction: they are going to not follow up with the implied religious white nationalism and instead the twist will be that the leader is only using it to ammass a following to feed his narcissistic disorder. Like a Montana Charles Manson

It's Ubisoft so I doubt they'll do anything truly provocative.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Another day putting out the introductory Far Cry 5 art and people keep asking me if they can gently caress the flag.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

tap my mountain posted:

Dude looks like a San Francisco tech bro, so yeah.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

They're making another Duck Dynasty game?

Crusty Juggler
Mar 26, 2009

Mordja posted:

Dude looks like a San Francisco tech bro, so yeah.

I'm fine with blowing up both

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Lumpy the Cook posted:

They're making another Duck Dynasty game?

They already did, this is just the prequel

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

I really want the protagonist player character to be a middle aged Latina woman now.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
3 out of 18 Churches Destroyed

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

"Did I ever tell you the definition of insanity? Insanity is doing the exact… same thing… over and over again, expecting… a better result."

- Ubisoft reperesantative during the presentation of Far Cry FIVE

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

LawfulWaffle posted:

3 out of 18 Churches Destroyed

:black101:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

tap my mountain posted:

My prediction is that regardless of narrative content it's going to be as bland and boring as every other game Ubisoft has made in he last 15 years

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

In Training posted:

My prediction is that regardless of narrative content it's going to be as bland and boring as every other game Ubisoft has made in he last 15 years

There is nothing it can do that's as bad and offensive as the Mario Rabbids thing

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Palpek posted:

"Did I ever tell you the definition of insanity? Insanity is doing the exact… same thing… over and over again, expecting… a better result."

- Ubisoft reperesantative during the presentation of Far Cry FIVE

That's the whole point of franchising, though. To get the same result each time. The result in this case being large profits.

Edit: Oh god the salt about this Rabbids thing is hilarious.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

I can't believe they gave Mario a gun. Ubisoft HQ needs to hit with a MOAB

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

You walk towards an idyllic house, the sun is shining, the birds are chirping, a smiling grandma on the porch is petting a beautiful syberian husky. You come closer and just as you want to say hello the grandma takes her hand off the dog and BAZINGA the dog is a templar, the house's layout is an exact mini-replica of Berlin in 1936 and grandma's nails are real gross. Things are not what they seem holllllly moly, mind-blown.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

In Training posted:

"This is so boring," I yawn as I ride my elephant through an enemy outpost. "I wish Ubi could make something a little less bland next time," I lament, pausing briefly to reload a grenade launcher. In the middle distance a tiger eviscerates a native while a rainbow of prayer flags flutter from cliff to cliff. Satisfied with the bloodshed, I steal a helicopter and disappear into the sky.

fe: this is just a riff, not an attack on the op or a support of Ubisoft.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Ehh the Mario of all bombs wouldn't do much against them, blue shells only target winners.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Palpek posted:

You walk towards an idyllic house, the sun is shining, the birds are chirping, a smiling grandma on the porch is petting a beautiful syberian husky. You come closer and just as you want to say hello the grandma takes her hand off the dog and BAZINGA the dog is a templar, the house's layout is an exact mini-replica of Berlin in 1936 and grandma's nails are real gross. Things are not what they seem holllllly moly, mind-blown.

Is this dlc for resident evil 7? Cause I would play it...

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

tap my mountain posted:

Ehh the Mario of all bombs wouldn't do much against them, blue shells only target winners.

Hehehe

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Lumpy the Cook posted:

That won't work, because Ubisoft is structured like a terrorist organization and has cells across the globe. If you take one down, they just reorganize some logistics and it's back to work by noon.

I'm reserving my judgement for RBK until they release some gameplay footage. The cross-over seems ridiculous to me but I can't deny my curiosity about a Mario tactics game.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Far Cry 2 made me really want a FC game set in caveman times so I was actually kind of excited for Primal and it ended up being probably the most boring adventure game I ever beat.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Only Ubisoft could take a game where you ride sabertooth tigers and hunt mammoths and make cave paintings and build spears out of crocodile parts and single handedly wipe out the Neanderthals and make it bland.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

xpost from CSPAM

Chris James 2 posted:

He posted the wrong image, here

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

:discourse:

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

https://twitter.com/alex_navarro/status/867455815590060032

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

Cowcaster posted:

Someone paint my back silver so I can boss other gorillas around

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Phantasium posted:

Yeah, you could play I Am Setsuna.

but you shouldn't, because it's a badgame. it starts strong, but oh boy does it just go downhill. there's literally a boss where the strategy is "have the guy with Counter cast Counter one time because all of the boss's attacks are physical-type (and thus counterable), if you do anything else the boss's stats and speed are so astronomically high that you will die"

the next boss is "hope that you bring the right character and that you got the right rare drops because you need dispel on account of this boss casts a regen spell so powerful that it fully heals it and you can't outdamage the heals"

there's also a dungeon that kicks you back to the entrance and makes you run through the area again (and respawns all the monsters) if you give the wrong binary answer, except both answers make sense and there's absolutely no way to tell what the game expects of you

Saint Freak posted:

Both people who live in Montana are reportedly 'very offended' and have declared that this does not represent their great state.

my opinion of this is, "lol shut the gently caress up montana." but my opinion of ghost recon wildlands was equally "lol shut the gently caress up bolivia."

Fur20 fucked around with this message at 20:33 on May 24, 2017

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

The White Dragon posted:

but you shouldn't, because it's a badgame. it starts strong, but oh boy does it just go downhill. there's literally a boss where the strategy is "have the guy with Counter cast Counter one time because all of the boss's attacks are physical-type (and thus counterable), if you do anything else the boss's stats and speed are so astronomically high that you will die"

the next boss is "hope that you bring the right character and that you got the right rare drops because you need dispel on account of this boss casts a regen spell so powerful that it fully heals it and you can't outdamage the heals"

there's also a dungeon that kicks you back to the entrance and makes you run through the area again (and respawns all the monsters) if you give the wrong binary answer, except both answers make sense and there's absolutely no way to tell what the game expects of you

Hence why he said you could do worse by playing it

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EML9VkKteXY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Shut video games down. Shut it all down.

• Locked thread