Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

Awesome! posted:

i think people mentioned using this to powerlevel in arenas, so thats dead.

Hate to see it...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I would like to complain that arenas take too long in Empowered Monoliths, and are boring. If I see an arena tileset I go out of my way to avoid it, but sometimes it cannot be helped!

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

exquisite tea posted:

I would like to complain that arenas take too long in Empowered Monoliths, and are boring. If I see an arena tileset I go out of my way to avoid it, but sometimes it cannot be helped!

Yea the mob/wave spawn speed should be like 2-3x what it currently is. It's entirely too slow.

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

Or it should at least somewhat scale up with how fast you kill each wave, that would be cool.

I hope they fix whatever makes the wraithlord forget to attack and just go drifting across the screen. Teleporting it usually fixes it so it's just kind of annoying.

Sometimes item tooltips will go off screen when looking at stuff in the stash too, so I kinda hope they fix that soon.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

a lot of people on reddit have been complaining about the arena echoes but i dont really mind them. increasing spawn rates based on kill speed would probably be good though.

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

A bad poster trying to get better.

Awesome! posted:

a lot of people on reddit have been complaining

:reddit:
Arenas are fine, not all builds explode 2345678 mobs per second

King Cocoa Butter
Mar 24, 2021

Don't be ashy.

Lpzie posted:

Hate to see it...

Agreed. What fraction of players have actually used this tactic? 1% maybe? Spending any time on this at this point in the game is just...why? Who's getting hurt by this existing?

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Watching the D4 Campfire Stream, they're nicking ideas from LE and i'm getting: "We've got Last Epoch at home" vibes.

They we're supposed to be the chosen one! :lol:

edit: just sharing a Twitch post: L4st Dpoch

Just Another Lurker fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Mar 20, 2024

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Does Last Epoch happen to have a Unique or something that would make your Ballistae copy another skill you used, or anything like that? That was my favorite item to build around in Diablo 3.

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

A bad poster trying to get better.

King Cocoa Butter posted:

Agreed. What fraction of players have actually used this tactic? 1% maybe? Spending any time on this at this point in the game is just...why? Who's getting hurt by this existing?

rmt powerlevelers?

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000

zoux posted:

Right now the bug I most want fixed are the sticky glyph tooltips that block your entire crafting screen until you mouse back over the glyph

that and just being able to disable tooltips period, or put them on a hotkey etc

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000

Jack Trades posted:

Does Last Epoch happen to have a Unique or something that would make your Ballistae copy another skill you used, or anything like that? That was my favorite item to build around in Diablo 3.

I'm not super familiar with Rogue but at the very least they have shadow skills that pop up shadows that will copy various skills you use, and there are tons of skill proc items/skill nodes/passives/etc as well so there's probably something you can figure out using that class. Afaik one of the power builds is a dagger Marksman that throws traps all over that copy your exploding arrow ability and blow up everything

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

t7 ward as missing hp affix now sells for 20 million MINIMUM.. lmao...

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i found one like 2 weeks ago and have just been sitting on it until i get some 2lp frostbite shackles

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

So are there more viable warlock builds than Torment/Bleed that rely on fissure? It's just a really long turret.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

You can have chaos bolts coming out of it auto casting other skills

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

I've been struggling to get into another build after starting falconer. I tried sentinel and beast master and barely got them in the teens before bailing in the campaign. I started a necro today and I'm in the 20s so I guess I found a winner for me.

Going to try this one more blind and do my own build. But I still am not sure on how to scale damage and defense (capping res and crit avoidance I think?) the best yet. That's probably my biggest struggle, not knowing what to shoot for after scaling minion damage (pet build). It seems most minions don't scale with int so just getting minion damage has been what I'm doing so far and they're still hitting pretty hard. Is there anything in game that will help show actual DPS so I can get a better idea on these things? I don't know if the skill DPS is accurate and takes everything into account since it seems the character sheet doesn't always show everything either. I don't know what to trust.

Suburban Dad fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Mar 21, 2024

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

Every time I die to another one of those giants that lob things from forever away in Soulfire Bastion I die a little inside. One time I took a wrong turn and spent 30 minutes in one of the sections because I followed a long twisty maze path that went into a dead end. If I had taken a left instead of a right 20 minutes before that, I'd have been done by then.

edit: these motherfuckers throw bombs too? I'm level 51 I should be able to sleepwalk through this level 45 dungeon. Alts are the loving worst just let me through.

I think part of the problem is that this character is a druid and all the primalist masteries feel half-baked.

A Moose fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Mar 21, 2024

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
We did it!

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
Is there a way to make an attack always fire without moving? Like in PoE? I've noticed the Harvest ability tends to try and seek a guy out when I just want to AoE the space.

e: For context, I play with a controller

Salvor_Hardin fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Mar 21, 2024

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

hit this one on my first try

and finally hit cold res on one of these fuckers. up to 13k ward :woop:

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

Wow !!

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

Is there a general equivalency between 1 Point of Mainstat = % Damage with the idea that stats are also more versatile than percentage modifiers?

gnoma
Feb 7, 2005

These poles made from wood, and the crossarms from iron.
I think it's always 1 point = 4% increased damage.

When you hold ALT over a skill (or subskill) it shows you what kind of attribute scaling it has and how much increased damage you're currently getting from attributes. Some skills scale with multiple attributes or have a single attribute scaling multiple things.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
Pretty good post-mortem by the devs on how and why the online services went to poo poo at launch: https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/899770/view/4115799931680641320?l=english

Interesting if you like a glimpse into this kind of backend stuff.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
I'm not a dev so I don't know anything about the subject. But my friend who is a dev says it's clear they're amateurish on all their back end stuff. They were learning a lot of basics that people with a bit of experience would know already. Which given their initial company size, makes sense.

Diablo's server slams prior to release were a a brilliant idea that they should have copied at the very least.

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

I don’t know why they didn’t just buy more computers. More computers = better = I can play at launch. Sheesh.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:
lol just put it on the cloud

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

Kaysette posted:

lol just put it on the cloud

I don't want those servers up here, ruining the view, killing birds, etc

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*
it's their first game, their launch was fine for a company's first game. I can think of much larger companies with much shittier launches with smaller playerbases

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

Tbh I had I think two disconnects, a few of the zoning error and some very slow loads, and that’s really it. I kinda feel like I got away easy with this one because for me it was a great launch. Whatever was going wrong that day always seemed to be fixed by the time I finished dinner and sat down to play lol

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Tonetta posted:

it's their first game, their launch was fine for a company's first game. I can think of much larger companies with much shittier launches with smaller playerbases

I remember waiting a few days if not week+ trying to get into D3 with my group of friends during the Error 37 issue.

I think I've had 3 disconnects? And luckily they haven't been in any major fight that screwed me up. Online play has been fine for me

lagidnam
Nov 8, 2010
What impressed me the most, was that even when everything was on fire, I never crashed or disconnected once I was in the game. Transitions were awful but the zone servers itself ran almost flawlessly.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I don't think it was a great launch but I played WoW for years and this would happen on patch and maintenance days all the time, and every time the player base would melt down and threaten class action lawsuits and the second the game was up everyone instantly forgot they were mad. As happened here.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

I was there for the opening of Ahn'Qiraj and Error 37, this barely registers.

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*
I'm not saying it went perfect or there wasn't problems (especially with the screen transition poo poo) but there was a whole offline mode that didn't have any of those problems. the screen transition thing was an issue online for a good while before 1.0 dropped so I was surprised they tackled it fairly quickly after. online, I think I crashed out one time and got back in pretty much immediately. I also skipped the first day after like 2 hours of trying but again, not many hyped up online games have a good day 1.

hopefully, moving forward, they don't wait until literally the second of launch to release the patch though. who gives a gently caress what some offline players do for maybe an hour before online? everything else that went poorly on launch that could be repeated, probably won't though.

e: I, too, was there for the early wow stuff. maybe living digitally in that time has adjusted me for Bad Things that might (will) happen on day 1's, but aside from just not having enough servers available for the community due to a miscalc or w/e, I think we've moved past this technological era in gaming. billion dollar companies should not have the sorts of issues that le had on launch, but I am okay with le to have those issues specifically because they're a small company who 5x'd their already fairly generous player count expectations.

Tonetta fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Mar 21, 2024

Kalman
Jan 17, 2010

exquisite tea posted:

I was there for the opening of Ahn'Qiraj and Error 37, this barely registers.

Unless it renders your computer unbootable by deleting a critical file, it's not that bad.

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Ahh, the good old days when i thought the only pain was getting ganked for my cargo. :magical:

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:

:ccp:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

I played Sea of Thieves, some how that game is still going, and also still having massive problems.

I wanted to play with a friend, but they went to go download the game, and surprise, you can't download it from the microsoft store until they unfuck it, sometime next week.

Then we go to play again later, and there's an update. So I download the 108gb patch... and it fails. Turns out there was a message on their site saying they changed something on the backend, and you can no longer update that version of the game. You have to uninstall it and reinstall it to be able to patch again.