Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pyrtanis
Jun 30, 2007

The ghosts of our glories are gray-bearded guides
Fun Shoe
Jury is back, rancid ham on the stand

e: the rancid ham was not on the stand, tab refreshed

Pyrtanis fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Aug 3, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Deptfordx posted:

Dogs, Men, the birds of the air, the beasts of the field, even the things from beyond.

All have fallen before Alex the Slayer. Mightiest of men. :colbert:

No seriously, did Alex Jones kill a dog or not? What's that about?

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

BigglesSWE posted:

They work pro-bono I'm pretty sure, because careers are made out of cases like this.

on contingency, I think; Mark said a couple weeks ago that the plaintiffs' legal expenses were solidly covered by the money Alex already had to pony up for his previous-trial dickery.

most of the benefits of working pro bono and also if you win you get paid

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
wonder which senator

hawley?

paul?

cruz came to mind but I don't think he's really in the jones camp exactly

ElegantFugue
Jun 5, 2012

Pyrtanis posted:

Jury is back, rancid ham on the stand

What? The stream ended on my end

The Alchemist
Dec 12, 2010

KitConstantine posted:

Holy poo poo. Who had the ear on it? I want to know more :sickos:

https://twitter.com/mattgkg/status/1554898941757378560

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

Stefan Prodan posted:

wonder which senator

hawley?

paul?

Hawley absolutely comes across as an infowarrior.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
now watch the DHS declare Alex Jones's phone contents top secret classified

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

I. M. Gei posted:

Ok, dim recollection from Knowledge Fight.

There was something about killing a dog? Having to put one down? Someone else leap in.

Similarly he has made deniable, for legal purposes only 'playacting', references to having killed someone.

The Alchemist
Dec 12, 2010

I. M. Gei posted:

Name one right winger that hasn't killed their neighbor's dog at least once.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
feel like he needs a big breaky this time, and he won't get it because he has to show up for the punitive damages phase

I mean, unless he smuggles himself out of the country in a shipment of supplement pills

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

The Alchemist posted:

Alex Jones reportedly asked the attorney "You mean ALL my texts? Including the ones with the Senator?" after the cameras were off. Attorney responded "Yes, there's going to be a fallout"

J6 committee is gonna rake him over the coals.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
ngl disappointed it's not senators in the plural.

Pyrtanis
Jun 30, 2007

The ghosts of our glories are gray-bearded guides
Fun Shoe

ElegantFugue posted:

What? The stream ended on my end

sorry, tab refreshed and started replaying, my bad

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
It might be, he might think only one of them is important.

ElegantFugue
Jun 5, 2012

Pyrtanis posted:

sorry, tab refreshed and started replaying, my bad

Ah whew, no worries, just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing a snap judgment

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

The Alchemist posted:

Alex Jones reportedly asked the attorney "You mean ALL my texts? Including the ones with the Senator?" after the cameras were off. Attorney responded "Yes, there's going to be a fallout"

Please let it turn out to be Cruz.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
man I can't wait for the HBO documentary to cover them noticing the phone in the folder etc

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

The Alchemist posted:

https://twitter.com/screaminbutcalm/status/1105577845642878976?s=20&t=MswH6JvvGEBLQ_7WUjFWtA

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Am i crazy for thinking he's actually trying to do this?

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

Last Chance posted:

Problem is he did it too many times loving around during discovery. The Judge won't accept it, and I don't think the appeals court would either

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver

Last Chance posted:

Even if it worked all it would accomplish is trading his civil trial for who knows how many criminal trials. So I'm going to assume this wasn't the plan.

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

Last Chance posted:

Yes! I asked earlier in the thread

There can't be a mistrial for a civil case

Was earlier goon mistaken? I am trying to learn!

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

bigperm posted:

First they came for the gay frogs.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...

my cat is norris posted:

To be fair even Mark Bankston accused Reynal of fishing for a mistrial with all his rule breaking a few trial days ago.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

KitConstantine posted:

More alex on the stand even

:bisonyes:

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
it's less jones being a mastermind playing the court to change the venue and more this has been going on for years and every worthwhile lawyer bailed when they realized jones is loving crazy and has no filter. clients being crazy is one thing but if they cant also shut the gently caress up its a real problem. theres plenty of sociopath laywers that'd love some alex jones money if he could stay under control

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

madmatt112 posted:

The bow and arrow analogy is going in the law textbooks as "Attorneys are encouraged not to pull dumbass-stupid analogies out of your rear end".

lol "Did Alex Jones say these things? YES ABSOLUTELY HE DID. But just now this last week, 10 years after the fact, he apologized. So.... Not really sure why it matters, guys."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aV6NoNkDGsU&t=48s

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Gently enveloping the target with indiscriminate love.

my cat is norris posted:

That is also what I have heard.
It would explain why Alex keeps refusing to be civil and keeps committing crimes in court.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

my cat is norris posted:

He can’t appeal for ineffective assistance of counsel. That’s criminal. So the case can’t be thrown out due to his bad attorney. He can just later sue the attorney for malpractice.

There can be reasons for a mistrial or for it to end or be redone if he prejudices the jury such they cannot render proper damages. This would just result in a new trial.

Alex lying about being broke to tamper with the damages they return was him attempting to get them to redo the trial.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

AARD VARKMAN posted:

man I can't wait for the HBO documentary to cover them noticing the phone in the folder etc

I'm just assuming that the moment they sent their informative email, they started a comically large digital timer counting down the seconds until the ten days expired.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

VictualSquid posted:

It would explain why Alex keeps refusing to be civil and keeps committing crimes in court.

I think having clinically diagnosed narcissistic personality disorder, likely has explosive intermittant disorder and oppositional defiance disorder. And then probably a drug or alcohol addiction on top of it is a more likely reason.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

GreyjoyBastard posted:

I'm just assuming that the moment they sent their informative email, they started a comically large digital timer counting down the seconds until the ten days expired.

imaging edging for 10 days

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

VictualSquid posted:

Very much the worst place to commit crimes, I've heard.

Thomamelas
Mar 11, 2009
I'm not sure which is funnier. The phone getting admitted because AJ's lawyers were having a hissy fit or Alex Jones told them not to.

hotdog feet
Nov 3, 2005
I will never stop laughing at the follow up to the cellphone reveal.

"So, uh, Mr. Jones..." <while under oath> "We did a good job, yeah? We really loving did our best?"
Jones: "Yep, yep."
"NO FURTHER QUESTIONS"

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
I just don’t understand how you wouldn’t immediately respond to something like that. Did it get filtered to spam??

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

teen witch posted:

I just don’t understand how you wouldn’t immediately respond to something like that. Did it get filtered to spam??

You secretly hate your client and the check already cleared.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

teen witch posted:

He was busy practicing his archery.