Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

Haifisch posted:

I [25/f] wasn't invited to my boyfriend's [29/m] close friend's wedding. The bride said the invitation wasn't a mistake but I can go if I want. I don't feel right going at this point but my boyfriend wants me to.

take yes for an answer you stupid loving redditor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Lol at the girl obsessed with females in her boyfriends' lives.

"I was in an abusive relationship. Also I was breaking into literally every social media app he had to follow the locations of any girl tangently related to him".

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

Yorkshire Pudding posted:

Lol at the girl obsessed with females in her boyfriends' lives.

"I was in an abusive relationship. Also I was breaking into literally every social media app he had to follow the locations of any girl tangently related to him".

"it was me. i was the abuser"

snooping is abuse

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

ArbitraryC posted:

That 'monster' truck story posted a couple pages ago reminds me of that lady who harassed her grieving husband over his car hobby that his brother and recently deceased father enjoyed together as a family. Like she just kept busting into their garage and commenting about how their hobbies and posters and such were supporting the patriarchy, eventually the husband went to live with the brother and served her divorce papers and she just didn't know how it all ended up this way.

anyone remember that one

That was a whole long thing that started with this trio of posts and like any tasty story it spirals way downward the deeper you look into it. Long story short, it turns out she went (or was) absolutely insane and is now single and likely homeless after driving away her fiance and his family, assaulting her nephew and sister and getting booted from home, tossing around the idea of suing her ex for the home she has zero claim on and getting laughed at, and generally being an insufferable fucker.

im cute fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Jun 24, 2017

spite house
Apr 28, 2009

ArbitraryC posted:

I feel like the modern standard is there's no expectation of exclusivity until it's been discussed. I know some will disagree but I feel like it's their business to bring it up then.
It was the old-school standard too. It's why "going steady" used to be a big deal, it meant that neither party was just dating around anymore.

Of course back in the day it wasn't a given that people were loving everyone they were dating, but that seems like a silly and puritanical thing to get hung up on to me.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
My [24 F] boyfriend [27 M] and I are fighting about how much we spend on food every month. I want to save money and budget, he refuses to eat anything that isn't take out/specially prepared for him. I'm at my wits end.

quote:

My boyfriend and I have been together for three years and we live together. Overall, things are good except for our arguments over food. I tried to make this post as clear as possible, so please ask if I didn't clarify something enough.

I try to eat healthy and keep a budget, but my boyfriend will either refuse to eat what I cook, or he will order himself food. If I cook for him, he will always find some fault in what I cooked.

For example: I wanted to cook some chili macaroni and he said that he does not like chili mac. I then offered to cook regular mac and cheese, and he said that he didn't want the mac and cheese. Boyfriend then proceeded to go out and buy himself a fast food burger.

A second example: If I cook spaghetti or pasta, boyfriend will insist on buying himself alfredo sauce because he does not like to eat tomato based sauces. If I want to cook spaghetti, I have to buy two jars of sauce and make him a separate dish. I have explained to him that I cannot eat the alfredo sauce because I am lactose intolerant and also because it would push my calorie limits.

Recently, boyfriend lost his job and needed to cut his expenses. He decided to buy food and cook it at home, but refuses to shop anywhere that isn't Whole Foods. He asked me to split the food bill, and I refused because he spent over $100 on a grocery list that would have cost $40 at a cheaper grocery store. Boyfriend said that he only wanted to spend his money on quality food, but I pointed out that he doesn't mind eating fast food so quality isn't really the issue. Boyfriend never cooked half the food and we had to throw it out after the end of the week due to spoilage.

We are at an impasse and I am at my wit's end. I can't afford to support his food habits and I certainly will not indulge his desire to shop at the most expensive grocery store and then watch as he lets the food spoil. If anyone has any advice, I would appreciate it.

tl;dr: Boyfriend refuses to eat any food I cook and will insist on buying take out. When he does go food shopping, he will only go to Whole Foods and then lets the food spoil. I'm at my wits end with this whole situation.

quote:

The first meal he ever made for me was a chili mac, which is why this is so confusing for me. To put it another way, he will eat tomato sauce if he picks it out from the store or makes it himself. If I buy the same jar of sauce, he will say that the manufacturer messed up and it's 'not as good' and he won't eat it. If I make him macaroni and cheese, he will say that he doesn't want to eat it and later that night I will find him eating the mac n cheese cups I bring to work for lunch.

If he cooks, I will eat the food with no problem, but about 50% of the time he is angry at himself for messing up the dish and then he will refuse to eat what he cooked. I will sit at the table and keep eating while he throws out the food he cooked and orders something else. The last time this happened, he had made a perfectly fine lasagna and then threw out the pan after I had gotten my plate.

quote:

I typed this up but the comment I was trying to reply to was deleted:

He will not eat any food that is reheated... and Whole Foods is nicknamed 'Whole Paycheck' around here because it is the most expensive grocery store in the area, and that includes Fresh Market and Publix.

I don't know how to explain it, but he's one of those people who uses the entire kitchen when he cooks. Our kitchen and dining room are combined due to an open floor plan, and he will do things like block me access from the sink because he is using it, or he will throw a fit if I do not immediately put my utensils into the dishwasher (which he blocks me from accessing because it is directly next to the stove). It's very frustrating, especially since I have worked in a kitchen before and boyfriend hasn't.

I've even gone to Whole Foods and bought meat that was on sale (they have awesome pork chops) but the minute I mentioned they were on sale, he wouldn't eat it. It makes me feel like I'm crazy.

Streak
May 16, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo
Food weirds deserve death imo. Just loving starve we don't have time for your hangups about food that border on or literally are mental illness.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

She's dating Donald Trump, apparently.

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice
My [22M] girlfriend [23F] is spending a lot of time with her late bestfriend's brother [22M], is it appropriate to make sure nothing is 'going on'?

quote:

So, this is a highly sensitive situation. I'll do my best to explain the complexities of it.
My girlfriend's best friend suddenly passed away around 6 months ago. My girlfriend, of course, is still dealing with her death and I am trying to (and possibly not doing a good job) support her.
Prior to this event her, her friend, and her friend's brother (lets call him Grant), were close. Her friend and my GF went to the same schools, and when they visited each other generally Grant would tag along too. They were all friends long before we got together.
After she died, of course the family and friends all gather to support one another, and Grant and my GF did the same. Over the course of the past 6 months or so this has meant visiting one another, paying respects at the grave with one another, looking through old pictures and the like, perfectly harmless and normal in my opinion. She's mentioned to me before that Grant has told her she is one of the few people he can talk about his sisters death with. I am slightly removed from this situation as I have never actually met Grant properly and I had only met the best friend around 5 times (this was due to my GF and I getting together just before university and we both moved away from our home town, so any visiting between GF and friend was done at their respective unis).
Now, to me, all of this was normal and part of the grieving process. However, something recently has raised my suspicions and I can't get it out of my head. A few days ago, my GF went off the grid replying from messages for about a day (this is reasonably normal as she is pretty bad with her phone) and when she replied to my text she said something along the lines of "I'm sorry for taking so long to reply, I went to NiceTown today!". NiceTown is about a 2 hour drive from where we live, and her sister visits reasonably regularly for work. So my reply was "Oh not a problem, did you go with Sister? I bet it was lovely there etc..." Along with someother stuff we had been talking about.
From that text, she replied to the other stuff we were talking about, but didn't say anything further about NiceTown. The next day, after she had finished work we were talking about something different and she just randomly said "I went to NiceTown with Grant, to cheer him up". My response was (to her at least) "That is very kind of you, what did you guys get up to?" to which the response was something vague like "We saw the sights, but it was so hot I think I got burned!". I probed a little further, and it turns out she didn't tell her parents she went to NiceTown either. (I think this has got more to do with them being overprotective about her driving that distance, but it could be relevant).
I'm not usually a suspicious man, and I am not a person that would want to say to their partner "You can't see this person!". I don't believe in it, and I think it restricts a person's autonomy and independence. But something about this situation, the vagueness perhaps, has locked into my mind. She's been telling me about how much work she has on recently, and can't manage some events etc, but then doesn't mind last minuting it to a different city entirely. The way she drip fed me the information about going over a couple of days didn't make sense either, I would have just told me on the day and said "Grant has suggested we go to NiceTown, we're going to look at driving, he seems pretty upset at the moment and it would be a good way to take his mind off it". I don't know.
What are your thoughts? Am I being paranoid here, or do I need to do some digging? If I do, what is the best way of approaching this? I can see something like this causing a pretty big bust up if I go about it poorly, and its such a sensitive topic that I don't know how to proceed. I do not want to overstep my mark and seem like the overprotective boyfriend stopping an obviously very griefstricken man deal with his sister's death, nor do I want to push away one of my girlfriend's friends.
tl;dr: GF goes off for a day to a different city with her dead bestfriend's brother, doesn't tell me about it until 2 days later. Do I need to ensure I'm not being duped, if so how?

if she's not already cheating on him he's going to drive her straight into this dude's arms

Lonely Virgil
Oct 9, 2012

Haifisch posted:

My [24 F] boyfriend [27 M] and I are fighting about how much we spend on food every month. I want to save money and budget, he refuses to eat anything that isn't take out/specially prepared for him. I'm at my wits end.

We did it. We finally did it. We found the man who bought the asparagus water.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Haifisch posted:

as funny as it is to read the ongoing saga I dunno how she put up with this in the first place. Like maybe if he were independently wealthy you could accept that maybe the psychology is so deep you just have to accept him wasting money on food but he can't even afford to waste it so like what is even the reason to keep it up.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

InediblePenguin posted:

"i'm glad you came to this wedding where i married a bitch i hate and wouldn't have married if she didn't have red pubes" is not a cool and fun thing to say about your wife at your wedding, dude, you pick the weirdest poo poo to double down on

"Take my whore bitch of a wife...Please!"

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Chill Nazi Frog posted:

That was a whole long thing that started with this trio of posts and like any tasty story it spirals way downward the deeper you look into it. Long story short, it turns out she went (or was) absolutely insane and is now single and likely homeless after driving away her fiance and his family, assaulting her nephew and sister and getting booted from home, tossing around the idea of suing her ex for the home she has zero claim on and getting laughed at, and generally being an insufferable fucker.

i love it, i love all of it

i love that his response was to grab some clothes and just run

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Buzkashi posted:

My [22M] girlfriend [23F] is spending a lot of time with her late bestfriend's brother [22M], is it appropriate to make sure nothing is 'going on'?

if she's not already cheating on him he's going to drive her straight into this dude's arms

doesn't really seem like a fair way to phrase it when she's already cheating or at least plans to, dude gave her plenty of room and was very understanding while she's being super dodgy about it.

e: lol reddit advice is terrible tho

ArbitraryC fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Jun 24, 2017

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Buzkashi posted:

Just break up, lest you prevent her new lover Onan from making things right in the eyes of the Lord.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
I don't like my sister [34f], her husband [45m], and their children [11f, 12f, 14m]. I want them to leave me alone

quote:

I am 28f. Realized I didn't put that in the title.

Here is the problem.

My parents are both dead, we have no other close family. For a long time I put up with my sister Teal and her husband Blue because they were the only family I had. I would go visit them and stay in a hotel. It was always embarrassing and unpleasant.

Teal and Blue don't believe in any discipline. They think kids eventually learn how to be decent people on their own. This made my Nephew [14m] into the most obnoxious, rude, misbehaved kid there ever was. The same with the girls.

I am not usually a person to write off kids as gone, but without Teal and Blue telling them to cut it out, there is nothing I can do. I am met with "Don't tell them how to behave" and "kids will be kids." Even the kids know they don't have to do anything anyone else says.

After how Thanksgiving went, with them getting us kicked out of a restaurant I am done. I don't want them in my hometown at all. They keep saying they intend to come visit me at Xmas. I just want Teal out of my life. She does nothing but make me look/feel stupid. Holidays are never fun with them around.

I want to cut them out of my life. I am just not sure how you do that with people who just don't get it. I am afraid they will show up at my house and unpack their car, refuse to leave.

The kids love me, a lot. I am their only aunt and Blue's family cut them out. So pretty much if I leave, the kids are alone with Blue and Teal. But I can't make the kids listen, they try to take stuff at stores, and it makes me feel like I am going to get arrested because they wanted candy.

I am just tired of trying. I am tired of being told I am too uptight because I like following social etiquette and not getting banned from places.

So advice?

I am not going to invite the kids up by themselves, so don't suggest that.

tl;dr: I don't like my sister [34f], her husband [45m], and their children [11f, 12f, 14m]. I want them to leave me alone.

I don't like my sister [34f], her husband [45m], and their children [11f, 12f, 14m]. I want them to leave me alone. Updates

quote:

This is really short, so sorry.

https://www.reddit.com/r/relationships/comments/3um27q/i_dont_like_my_sister_34f_her_husband_45m_and/

I called my sister on Skype and we had a long conversation.

I told her that I would be spending Christmas alone this year.

She asked me why.

I told her that after Thanksgiving, I couldn't spend time with her family anymore until things changed.

She told me that the waitress got their number (somehow) and had demanded their insurence to pay for medical bills. She said she knew I gave it to the restaurant and was hurt I would 'sell her out.'

I asked her to just listen.

1. I had tried to help since our parents died, but her parenting was lazy and ruining her children.
2. I was no longer going to sit by and let them walk all over me.
3. They either changed how they disciplined their children or I wouldn't be part of their lives.
4. That if they showed up at my house without an invite, I would a) keep the door locked, b) potentially call the police.
5. I can't make the kids listen, they try to take stuff at stores, and it makes me feel like I am going to get arrested because they wanted candy.
6. I am just tired of trying.
7. I am tired of being told I am too uptight because I like following social etiquette and not getting banned from places.

She told me that I was "uptight" and needed to learn more about the giving spirit. I was the reason that her kids wouldn't have a good holiday and that I needed to make it up to them.

She suggested sending the kids to see me alone, so that Teal and Blue would have a nice holiday without the kids. Because it stressed them out.

I said no. I was not doing that and said I wanted to go no contact. I let her know I was going to be blocking her on FB and my phone and that she was free to e-mail me if there was an emergency.

But other than that, I didn't want to see her, the kids, or her husband again.

She "hung up" and I have not spoken with her since.

I scheduled time off with work ahead of time anyways, so I am now going on a cruise with a friend of mine, Berty. It is going to be really nice. So thank everyone for listening and helping me out. Thanks to /u/chillpillow for the nice private message. I feel sad but relieved that I finally might be free from all the stress she brought.

tl;dr: Talked with my sister and let her know I am done. Going on a cruise.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Haifisch posted:

I don't like my sister [34f], her husband [45m], and their children [11f, 12f, 14m]. I want them to leave me alone

I don't like my sister [34f], her husband [45m], and their children [11f, 12f, 14m]. I want them to leave me alone. Updates

Apparently they got banned from the restaurant because these tween kids were running around the restaurant, slammed into a waitress carrying hot plates, and she got burned.

OP did right in cutting them out. Hope her house is locked up tight while she's gone, though.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

I thought the first sentence could have prepared me...

How do I [17F] stop obsessing over ex boyfriend [19M]'s sister, and how to avoid getting obsessed with new boyfriends [17M] sister?

Why isn't she banging these sisters and her ex's ex instead of her apparently non-captivating boyfriends?

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

I have no mouth and I must post

Pvt.Scott posted:

Why isn't she banging these sisters and her ex's ex instead of her apparently non-captivating boyfriends?

She doesn't want to bang them. She wants to know what it feels like to be them.

You know, walk around a while in their skin.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

La Brea Carpet posted:

"Let me get up in them guts, gur," would probably be her pickup line.

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

:love::love::love:

La Brea Carpet posted:

I mean, she stole their underwear, which is a pretty weird thing to do if there's not at least some element of it that's sexual.

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

My sister (19F) threw a giant tantrum over my boyfriend (21M) not giving her a gift on my birthday (21F).

quote:

Basically since I was 7 and my sister was 5, on my birthday she's been insanely jealous and always had to get gifts as well. I remember the day it started. I had a birthday party with a few friends from school and she had a meltdown and absolutely ruined it. Like beyond what typical 5 year olds would do. She climbed up onto the table and threw the cake on the floor. My parents sent her to her room but she snuck back down, found scissors somewhere and cut off a chunk of my hair. My dad then sat on the stairs for the rest of the afternoon to make sure she wouldn't come down. Instead, unknown to him at the time, she destroyed everything in my room. She also peed on both my bed and my parents bed, and emptied a bottle of elmer's glue into our cat's fur which dried before anyone found it because the cat went into hiding so they ended up having to shave almost its whole body. This was all because she couldn't stand seeing me get presents and not her. There's probably more things she did too, I'm only remembering the most extreme ones.

Long story short over the next 2 or 3 years she either threatened to ruin my birthday parties or did ruin them unless everyone got her something too, until my parents just gave in. So each year on my birthday since then she's gotten something from any family members and everyone I've invited. I later learned my mom was having to let the parents of any kids I invited know that they needed to bring a small thing for my sister too so that she didn't feel left out.

So by high school I found this all very awkward and wasn't even interested in presents anymore, I just wanted to hang out with friends so I'd usually celebrate with them somewhere else. So it ended up being that as I got older, it's been just my parents getting me something, and sometimes friends in private. My parents continued to also give something to my sister which kept her placated.

Current:
That brings us to now. My birthday was on Wednesday and my boyfriend was visiting me for the week. He's my first relationship, we've been together since September 2016 and this is the first time he's met my family due to distance (I live on the other side of the country from where we go to school whereas he lives an hour away).

On the day of my birthday we had cake after dinner and he and my family gave me a few things before he and I went out to the bar. My parents at the same time gave my sister a pair of earrings. Okay whatever, my boyfriend didn't seem to think it was weird and honestly I don't care that she gets stuff too. But it went to poo poo when she realized my boyfriend hadn't bought anything for her. Neither I or my parents had told him to and why would we, none of us figured this would be a huge issue.

Up until this point she'd gotten along with him, but then she flipped out. She said, exactly, "But what about me? You didn't get something for me too?" and he was taken aback and tried to joke that if it was her birthday too no one had told him. Then she got pissed and said "Who loving cares, if you give something to one person it's nice to give something to everyone else too". My parents awkwardly tried to calm her down but she yelled at them, "stop treating me like a child!"

So at this point I say to my boyfriend we should go to the bar so we're not late (we were going to meet a couple of my friends there). And I'm trying to get us out of the scene she was making. But she overheard this and started demanding to come with us. She thought that because we were 21 we could "get her in." I said that's not how it works. This is when she started crying and saying no one gives a poo poo about her and that I was lying to try to get out of having to include her. I was so embarrassed and annoyed at this point, I told her "maybe consider acting like a normal person in front of guests and I'd spend time with you." She then screamed "gently caress you" and threw a fork at me, and grabbed a fistful out of the rest of the cake and threw that at my boyfriend.

I just grabbed his hand and pulled him out of the house at that point. I could hear my parents yelling at her as we left. When we got outside all he could say was "what the gently caress", he just kept repeating that. I felt and still feel so bad about the whole thing.

He avoided everyone but me for the rest of his stay. He went home today.

I'm writing all this because there's two conversations I want to have but don't know how. I already apologized to my boyfriend, but I want to tell him something more about how I just…hope this didn't change how he thinks of me? Like that he doesn't judge me for what she did although I know it doesn't make sense for him to but…I'm just still worried. I also want to tell him I understand if he's freaked out by my family now or hesitant to visit again, but that I hope he will and doesn't have anything to worry about.

But if I say that last part I also need to make sure it's true which means talking to either my parents or my sister about her behavior. The more I think about it the more angry I am. It's so loving immature and just insane.

She should have outgrown it ages ago. We're not close though and it would be awkward for me to tell her this. So maybe my parents should? She still lives with them so they see her a lot more. What would be the best way to deal with it?

TL;DR my sister made a huge scene including throwing things at me and my boyfriend because he hadn't given her a gift too when he gave me one. Need a way to reassure my boyfriend it won't happen again, and also to make sure it doesn't by talking to my sister or parents about what she did.

This is why you don't negotiate with terrorists.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

La Brea Carpet posted:

emptied a bottle of elmer's glue into our cat's fur which dried before anyone found it 

She needs a good bitch slap. Handbags at dawn.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Lol the older sister should have just demanded gifts on younger sisters birthday too.

Anony Mouse
Jan 30, 2005

A name means nothing on the battlefield. After a week, no one has a name.
Lipstick Apathy
My (27f) boyfriend (28m) of 3 years asked me not to walk around the apartment in a sports bra + shorts because it's "unattractive"

quote:

Hey, so here's the problem. We live in a top floor apartment in a state that has hot summers. It was in the 90s for most of this week, and I hooked up the fans and just walked around in my sports bra and some shorts for the evening.

The other night my boyfriend told me while we were getting ready for bed that he wanted to talk to me about something. We got into bed and he said "Hey so I don't mean to be a jerk, but could you not walk around in your sports bra and shorts when I'm home?"

I didn't know what to say, so I asked why. He said "It's just not attractive and it's kind of annoying to come home and see that." He said that it reminded him of going to Walmart and seeing someone walking around with their tits or rear end or gut hanging out and how it just wasn't pleasant.

I still didn't know what to say. I guess I never really thought this would be an issue. He texted me the next day and said he was sorry if it hurt my feelings, but that I wouldn't like it if I came home to see him with his balls hanging out all over the place and that my body has changed (I've lost 50lbs with a few more to go, none of which were gained while we were together) and it's just a preference of his. He also suggested I get new sports bras since my breasts are swimming the ones I've been wearing.

Now it's not that I think he's wrong for having a preference, but I guess I thought my boyfriend would have liked having his girlfriend walking around in skimpy little clothes. I guess part of me is hurt that isn't the case. The other part of me wonders if it's my home too, why shouldn't I get to be comfortable?

Advice?

tl;dr: Boyfriend doesn't want me to walk around in my sports bra and shorts because he thinks it's annoying and unattractive. Am I right to be hurt and shouldn't I get to be comfortable when it's 90 degrees inside our apartment?
Comparing your girlfriend to People of Walmart is the ultimate neg.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
"Sports bra, huh? Kind of ironic, don't you think?"

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

La Brea Carpet posted:

My sister (19F) threw a giant tantrum over my boyfriend (21M) not giving her a gift on my birthday (21F).

The problem with this is that the parents have been enabling this behavior, so it's hard to cleanly sever from the sister and not from them, especially when it sounds like all four of them are home for the summer. Certainly their combined effort has made it impossible for OP to ever do a family birthday event again.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
definitely a normal as hell thing to care about what other people wear in the privacy of their own home

Barudak
May 7, 2007

La Brea Carpet posted:

Given the time and increasingly insane demands Id say shes a fully blown North Korea

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Larry Parrish posted:

definitely a normal as hell thing to care about what other people wear in the privacy of their own home

I reserve the right to be bareassed naked in my own home and drat anyone who dares say otherwise :argh:

Khorne
May 1, 2002

La Brea Carpet posted:

How do you type that first paragraph then go on to explain the rest? Type the first paragraph, realize there's no point in typing the rest or explaining it to reddit, and then send the first paragraph to your boyfriend. It's such a "normal" and "matter of fact" thing to her in her explanation that she doesn't even get how that paragraph alone would set the backdrop for her sister being insane and everyone else being not insane.

Anony Mouse posted:

My (27f) boyfriend (28m) of 3 years asked me not to walk around the apartment in a sports bra + shorts because it's "unattractive"

She could date pretty much anyone else that would date her and they would be happy or at the very least neutral with this.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 12:22 on Jun 24, 2017

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
My [15M] sister [24F] has this boyfriend [24M] who keeps nudging me to fight him because he's done 6 months of martial arts.

quote:

I loving hate, hate, HAtE this stupid looking mother fucker. I want to hit him so hard that his teeth with go strait. No dentist needed. I've done 9 years of kick boxing and Muay Thai. This guy is a white belt in Karate. He has this need to literally nudge my arm with his fist every loving god drat time I see him.

I can be standing there drinking water. He'll come up and punch my arm. He'll then keep nudging me to fight him and he won't leave me the gently caress alone. I hate to excuse myself from my moms birthday party that's going on right now because of this guy. I was ready to kick him square in the head. He tried to twist my arm around my back when I wasn't looking.

What do I do about him? I decided to look for an advice website and I found my way here. I really am starting to lose my god drat patience with him.

tl;dr: Sisters boyfriend will literally not stop challenging me to fight him every god drat time I see his stupid face.

Pebergehund
Jan 21, 2010

Danaru posted:

My [15M] sister [24F] has this boyfriend [24M] who keeps nudging me to fight him because he's done 6 months of martial arts.

Girls love it when you beat up their young siblings

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Danaru posted:

Wait...Is the boyfriend Chad from the incel threads?

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

Danaru posted:

maybe he's just joking

BF: *light shoulder tap* hey there champ
Brother: I MUST LEAVE BEFORE I AM FORCED TO DRAW MY HATARI HANZO STEEL

also :hmbol: @ a 15 year old with "nine years of martial arts experience".

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Anony Mouse posted:

Pretty sure like 98% of heterosexual men out there she could date would love to see her walking around the house in a sports bra and shorts, so OP should break up with her weird idiot boyfriend and find someone who is actually attracted to her.

Also yeah, it's her home too and it's bizarre how dude has any issue with her relaxing after a long day. Just really strange.

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

My[26F] boyfriend[27M] put my cat on the side of the road and lied to me.

quote:

My boyfriend and I have been dating for almost two years now, and we started living together a year ago. It all happened pretty quickly, but I don't regret the decision at all. I had a cat at the time we met and he grew to hate her. He claimed to have bad cat allergies and was always complaining about her any chance he got. If he was having a bad morning, he would curse at her, push her off the bed, little things like that. We moved cities for our jobs and are in a new apartment. The complaining continued and his allergies got worse. He began talking about giving her away. Finally, I caved, and told him that if he was determined to get her out of the apartment, he had to find a good home for her. That was the agreement.

One day, I came home and he told me that the cat was gone. He said he found a great shelter for her and that they would even call me after a month if she doesn't find a home by then. He told the whole story about going into the shelter, how he had to pay $25 to put her there...all the details.

Now fast forward to a little over a month later. I get a voicemail from a woman who works at a shelter nearby. She's saying that she has found my cat away from home and that a good samaritan has her now. Thanks to the chip device I had, she was able to reach me. I thought maybe she had escaped from the shelter my boyfriend took her too. And then, I had a thought...it was a bad thought, and I didn't want to believe it was true. What if my boyfriend never really dropped her off at a shelter? I called him immediately with a plan. I wasn't going to interrogate or place blame immediately, I was going to be calm. He picks up the phone and asks what's up. I say "hey what was the name of that shelter you took (cat's name) to?" He says "Hmmm, I can't remember, let me look and call you back." I told him not to hang up - that I wanted him to find the shelter while on the phone with me. I asked him again if he really took my cat to the shelter and he chuckled and said "Yes, of course." He tells me the name of some shelter close by and I call. They have no records of him ever being there.

So I call my boyfriend back and tell him the news. He immediately caves and tells me he messed up. He tells me they wanted $50 for her to stay there and so instead, he dropped her in a nice neighborhood nearby. I am concerned for a couple of reasons. We both have nice jobs, $50 was not going to kill the bank account. He lied to me twice, and had complete disregard for another life. He kind of apologized and is medium sucking up to me right now, but I fear I can never trust him again. What kind of a person does something like this? It has completely changed the way I see him.

What should I do, Reddit?

TL;DR: My[F26] boyfriend[M27] lied to me about taking my cat to a shelter, and left her in the wild. What should I do?

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Ditch that dude before you find a cat-sized patch of grassless dirt in your back yard

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

Danaru posted:

It's called bonding through shared interests, you dweeb. You should try it sometime. It might land you a bf [37M, Sensei of Dojo] as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

I[m21] haven't hung out with my gf[18] in 3 months

quote:

Just a bit curious to people's thoughts on this: My girlfriend an I haven't really hung out at all this summer and it just doesn't feel right. She has work a lot, but that isn't the issue. She hardly texts unless I text her first and often she will send a text like "I hate going to the mall by myself, yet not ask me to go (and when I asked if she wanted to go with me, she said no). I live 45 minutes away, so not really a distance problem. The thing that frustrates me is that when I ask to make plans, she is like "no, I am hanging out with this person today". It has been almost 3 months since we last hungout and every week she is hanging out with a bunch of people and not bothering to ask me(90% of her friends are guys, but w/e). She says that she is trying to hangout with her friends before they leave for summer, but it just seems like 3 months is quite a while to not hang out. Now, she said we would hangout the next week, but pushed it back because her friend is coming back from the military (which I totally understand wanting to hangout with him, since he leaves after the holiday). Am I supposed to be mad about not seeing her for 3 months even though she is with other friends a lot/should I put my foot down? I don't want to seem needy, I only really said "drat it's been 3 months since we last chilled" and tbh I'm sick of asking her to hangout because every time I do, she has some other friend that she promised to hangout with, not once has she made an attempt with me. She then told me she made plans to let her x(who beat her) buy her coffee, but I put my foot down and told her that if she sees him, we are done. The guy only wants to buy her coffee to erase his guilt for hitting her and he still likes her, they work at the same resteraunt as well. I don't want to be jealous, but lowkey, I haven't had friends to hangout with during the summer for my entire life tbh and it just sucks when my own gf puts me off to hang out with other dudes(that are mostly nerdy though, so I'm not worried about cheating). Should I say anything, or is this normal? By the way, the oddest thing is, she was the first to say "I love you" by far, and I only recently said it. So, I really don't think she isn't interested in me any longer, but she just makes it seem that way sometimes.

Tl;dr;haven't seen gf in 3 months, yet she hangs out with other people a lot

Find this one and read the comments. The OP is so dense he could form a black hole by collapsing.