Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

strong bird
May 12, 2009

You can kidnap, rape and murder 16 year old's in Crusader Kings, so Paradox should man up and implement the Holocaust in Hearts of Iron IV.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

strong bird
May 12, 2009

Hearts of Iron IV should be so raw, real and wild that it's banned from sale in Germany.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

If your game has a swastika in it its banned in Germany. Not very hard to accompish

strong bird
May 12, 2009

Its Hitler's birthday, and it's time for Paradox to recognize his lamentable legacy by inserting the full audio and video of the Nuremberg speech into an unskippable intro sequence to Hearts of Iron IV

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
hoi3's tutorials were written as if hitler was giving them to you and yet he never tells you to kill all the jews, i thought paradox was about historical accuracy

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

Knuc U Kinte posted:

There should be.

This.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

BBJoey posted:

I downloaded this to play it ironically but it's just too much sperg
I never touched Iron Cross, but I definitely remembered playing the mod that it developed from, Mod33. It was hilarious to try and break the tech system and drown the world in Inf-RArt.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

corn in the bible posted:

hoi3's tutorials were written as if hitler was giving them to you and yet he never tells you to kill all the jews, i thought paradox was about historical accuracy

Those were so unfunny it hurt

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Larry Parrish posted:

Those were so unfunny it hurt

They were almost as bad as actually playing hoi3

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Average Bear posted:

I thought stellaris came out because the games thread has over 100 pages.

it's very reminiscent of spore

edit: I'd say worryingly so but I didn't preorder it

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

i'm basically expecting launch-era eu4 but in space and dont expect to be disappointed

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

eu4 going the way of ck2 at full speed now

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade

ffs :ughh:

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

:rip:

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

why would that even be a thing it doesnt even make sense

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
I wish friend of the family Wiz would come back.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Wiz is busy making stellaris and hoi4 good. Maybe he'll come back afterwards.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Change that av dude. Jfc.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

This thread endorses Donald Trump.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

GreyPowerVan posted:

Wiz is busy making stellaris and hoi4 good. Maybe he'll come back afterwards.

nah then he'll move on to making vic 3 good and groogy can come along and gently caress everything up in stellaris and hoi4

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I invented saying N*gger Wiz and I wish I hadn't.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

I sure hope our scientists invent the concept of property soon --a person in the 1600s

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Change that av dude. Jfc.

This.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

What in the world

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I sure hope our scientists invent the concept of property soon --a person in the 1600s

Lol

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I really hate the new states system!!! gently caress you Paradox!!! Estates is similarly retarded and it really pisses me off how a lot of people are like they aren't that bad dude you just have to stare at a bunch of tooltips on all your provinces every 5 years and pray to the RNG gods

Anyway I haven't played EU4 for like 6 months because every patch is making it way shittier

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade

Hahaha, just kidding! Tech 0 is a tech. Gotcha! Hahaha!

That HoI4 tidbit is great as well.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

All the troll voting for Tech 16 should be annihilated

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

It says that that guy Johan has 8 STDs next to his tweets.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In Training posted:

All the troll voting for Tech 16 should be annihilated

There's people in games saying it would a good idea to make it part of espionage ideas so you just have no offensive CBs outside of event luck or idea groups until like 1650

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I'd really like to try one of these games but it looks like they all develop terminal AIDS eventually

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Pablo Gigante posted:

I'd really like to try one of these games but it looks like they all develop terminal AIDS eventually

victoria 2 and hoi2/darkest hour never got on that stage. get in gamer

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I refuse to believe these games ar ebecoming bad just because they made iron soldering unlock at a different century or what ever it is you people are complaining about.. that said I havent played any of these games.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

net cafe scandal posted:

I refuse to believe these games ar ebecoming bad just because they made iron soldering unlock at a different century or what ever it is you people are complaining about.. that said I havent played any of these games.

It probably seems completely insane to an outsider but the games all follow an arc of interesting as base release -> 2 or 3 good DLCs -> main team moves onto next project -> 4 years of bloated bullshit that makes the game unfun

It's usually lots of small changes that means you just have to tinker a lot more to have fun. I saw it happen to CKII and I eventually stopped playing but I havent picked up EU4 in a while, don't know if it's getting there. I'm also a relative noobie at these games compared to some of the big dick map gamers in here so they probably know more than I do.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

net cafe scandal posted:

they actually are wanting to makei it impossible to war against your neighbours during the first 200 years of the game for 90% of the countries lol

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Another annoying thing is they have a habit of patching out exploits, which is fine, but they typically do it in a way where like the AI is just slightly harder to do diplomacy with whatsoever instead of just nerfing these outlying cases

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
I voted for tech 16.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

net cafe scandal posted:

you are correct.